The Back Room

stevepole

--Diverted from Hegemony discussion thread.--

Nex, not to be insolent towards your beliefs or something, but how is that sentient god-ish being not mentaly incapasitated from over-exaustion, guiding our near-infinite universe?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

a very public exection of Pedro Lucifer was celebrated throughout the continent today, his last words were (as provided by the government) "sup im a moronic patriot who likes to attack peoples beliefs to feel good about myself"

argentinan religious sects rejoice at the message this has sent out

edit: oops, this isn't hegemony

REQUIRED OFF TOPIC STUFF: NARF

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Mather, surely something in Stargate can explain that question for you? It has an answer to everything else.

/well-intentioned insult

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

@Rocco&Mather:

Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?

~ Epicurus

Otherwise:

If there was a god, he wouldn't let a guy walk right up and shoot you in the face now would he? That's right, now you get the picture. Truth burns doesn't it?

~ Henry Rollins

To date, despite the efforts of millions of true believers to support this myth, there is no more evidence for the Judeo-Christian god than any of the gods on Mount Olympus.

~ Joseph Daleiden

I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.

~ Oscar Wilde

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own; a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty.

~ Albert Einstein

Jehovah was not a moral god. He had all the vices and he lacked all the virtues. He generally carried out all his threats, but he never faithfully kept a promise.

~ Robert G. Ingersoll

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

~ Gene Roddenberry

And finally:

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.

~ [usenet]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

That's how I think Archi, that and how the evolution theory and other scientific matters upon being proved figguratively beat the crap out of most of Genesis.

'Norway is the greatest, we invented Sweden!'

Uncalled for, unrelated and wrong, it should be:

"Norway is great, we sent Sweden packing!"

Mather, surely something in Stargate can explain that question for you? It has an answer to everything else.

/well-intentioned insult

The closest thing is how a group of post-sentient beings, the Ori, managed to carry out the role of gods for one galaxy and send their folowers to (fail an) attempt to take over another.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Personally, I'm an agnostic. I believe that there's always the possibility of a supreme being, but we cannot prove nor disprove its existence. If I did believe in God, I would be a Deist - someone who believes that a supreme being created the universe and then left everything to run itself.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Supreme being as in a guide for humanity, an alien that just is more developed than any other or came to Earth and interacted with early civilizations?

So Asgard(guide), Ancient(supreme) or Goa'uld(helper/dictator/scourge)?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Everything and and nothing existed, they took up little space but were to dense, suddenly, they violently expanded. Nothing; -4,000,000,000,000,000,000 and everything; 4,000,001,000,000,000,000 nullified eachother, or at least they almost did. The remains, a heap of 1s, lumped together and fused, creating 2-26, and later exploded, creating 27-???, then smaller balls made out of 3-??? formed, orbiting the fusing lumps. The balls, some of which were molten and red hot created four different acids while spewing different gaseus amounts into electricity. These acids then formed together into RiboNucleic Acids which helped create DiNucleic Acids. These acids were incredibly long, and with a lot of 5 they winded together into double helixes, which formed different codes based on the acids; GC, AT, CG and TA. These formed together with a lot of 5, creating something capable absorbing organic energy, more and more of these formed together, creating beings that could survive in the 1-1-8 that had formed as the balls cooled down. These beings slowly evolved through the strongest being the ones who reproduced, and they eventually were able to survive outside of the 1-1-8, in an atmosphere of a lot of 5-8-8 and 7, these were imobile, but grew by collecting the 5 and releasing the 8-8, as the atmosphere lost a lot of the 5-8-8 and gained a lot of 8-8 other beings then emerged, using the 8-8 to dispose of 5, creating 5-8-8 for the first ones to use. As the level of 8-8 agin sunk the beings evolved to survive, creating new sorts of beings who ruled for a while, then a stray ball of 3-??? fell upon at least one ball, altering the ball for a long while, wiping out some beings. Creatures evolved and after a long time the homos stood Forth.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Sounds like codswallop to me.

Far more likely that at the end of time there was some sort of temporal explosion which sent everything back to the beginning.

Thus the universe caused itself, rather than being from nothing.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Actually, the most likely end is space expanding to such an extent that it falls apart and dark energy proceeds to tear matter itself. That theori is because there's more dark energy than dark matter, at least so far as we know.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Changing topic, AoEIII is an epic game that all of you should play.

For some more religious debate, what created the Universe if not God?

Do you have any of the expansions? It sorta gets dull after a long while of sending a huge army of Janissaries at your enemies over and over again. Once I had my town centers spawning so many villagers, I sent a huge villager army to attack!

(Surprisingly they owned)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well there's still space there, just imagine space as water and matter as salt, you start with a pool containing a few teaspoons of salt, that's the start, then you slowly add water, the water absorbs the salt and at first the water's really salty (matter is dense), but later as the bottom is filled there's some salinity in the water (about where we are now), but the water/space doesn't stop there it just keeps coming, reducing the salinity. Imagine the rate at which the water comes as the dark energy then heat as dark matter, the heat will cause some of the water to evapourate, reducing the speed at which the salinity reduces, however there's too much water coming to stop and so the salinity decreases until it is not even noticable (at which point the universe will just be a sad, sparse place). Now as the universe has grown sparse imagine that the water is replaced by acid, permanently ruining the salt(matter) itself.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1