stevepole

The Back Room

Random thought....Is censor evasion not using a word barred by the censor? If so then almost all our posts are censor evasion posts.

Disclaimer, me asking a question does not mean you can swear or otherwise.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I thought censor evasion was using a word that would've been censored, but manipulating it so that it's not caught by the automated censor. I.E. Removing a vowel or two from a censored word, posting a censored word backwards, posting a censored word letter-by-letter, and so on.

But I may be wrong.

a70c7.png

Censor evasion would just be manipulating a word that would otherwise be censored so that it is at least easily recognizable (e.g. changing a vowel so the censor doesn't catch the word, etc.)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Yea, *bleep* censor evaders!

--

And Mather is that all you need to talk about for your presentation? Seems rather short to me.

Anyways, it looks fine, except that Switzerland is 4th in GDP per capita going by 2009 estimates, not sixth. Oh, and in the powerpoint you have it listed as a member of the EU.

And minor nitpick - just add a couple more sources, even if they're just [cabbage] ones anyways. And Genève isn't capitalized in the last sentence of the word document.

FFFFFFFFFU

Stupid computer is too old to run EUIII. Now I have to wait until august when I get my new computer :(.

What's your computers specs? I can run it fine on an old P4

Its a P4 with a 128mb graphics card and 512 ram.

Yes, and the slots are plain old DDR, not DDR2, so it costs a s*itload of money.

--Diverted from Hegemony discussion thread.--

Nex, not to be insolent towards your beliefs or something, but how is that sentient god-ish being not mentaly incapasitated from over-exaustion, guiding our near-infinite universe?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

a very public exection of Pedro Lucifer was celebrated throughout the continent today, his last words were (as provided by the government) "sup im a moronic patriot who likes to attack peoples beliefs to feel good about myself"

argentinan religious sects rejoice at the message this has sent out

edit: oops, this isn't hegemony

REQUIRED OFF TOPIC STUFF: NARF

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Mather, surely something in Stargate can explain that question for you? It has an answer to everything else.

/well-intentioned insult

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

@Rocco&Mather:

Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?

~ Epicurus

Otherwise:

If there was a god, he wouldn't let a guy walk right up and shoot you in the face now would he? That's right, now you get the picture. Truth burns doesn't it?

~ Henry Rollins

To date, despite the efforts of millions of true believers to support this myth, there is no more evidence for the Judeo-Christian god than any of the gods on Mount Olympus.

~ Joseph Daleiden

I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.

~ Oscar Wilde

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own; a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty.

~ Albert Einstein

Jehovah was not a moral god. He had all the vices and he lacked all the virtues. He generally carried out all his threats, but he never faithfully kept a promise.

~ Robert G. Ingersoll

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

~ Gene Roddenberry

And finally:

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.

~ [usenet]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

That's how I think Archi, that and how the evolution theory and other scientific matters upon being proved figguratively beat the crap out of most of Genesis.

'Norway is the greatest, we invented Sweden!'

Uncalled for, unrelated and wrong, it should be:

"Norway is great, we sent Sweden packing!"

Mather, surely something in Stargate can explain that question for you? It has an answer to everything else.

/well-intentioned insult

The closest thing is how a group of post-sentient beings, the Ori, managed to carry out the role of gods for one galaxy and send their folowers to (fail an) attempt to take over another.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Personally, I'm an agnostic. I believe that there's always the possibility of a supreme being, but we cannot prove nor disprove its existence. If I did believe in God, I would be a Deist - someone who believes that a supreme being created the universe and then left everything to run itself.

SWAG

Supreme being as in a guide for humanity, an alien that just is more developed than any other or came to Earth and interacted with early civilizations?

So Asgard(guide), Ancient(supreme) or Goa'uld(helper/dictator/scourge)?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Neither.

SWAG

If this thread turns into one big fat religious argument, I will end it by chucking beer kegs at people until they change the topic.

a70c7.png

Changing topic, AoEIII is an epic game that all of you should play.

For some more religious debate, what created the Universe if not God?

TANSTAAFL