The Back Room

stevepole

rage mode. i havent posted much today. im slipping. usually i ace the top posting for days. WAY TOO MUCH SLIPPAGE! MUST SOPAM POST. (not)

WHAT THE HELL IS A HUFFLEPUFF? (or sopam)

LNYvk.png

sopam= a mispell for spam.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Of comment on Dusty's Monologue:

Its like reading something I wrote two or three years ago...A lot of hot air surrounding a couple of shiny gems of truth...something that I might write and then tease apart to explore language, writing styles and meaning.

So my first thought is that someone has spent far too long thinking about something, choosing the right vocabulary to express such a specific meaning that the meaning is lost.

Though, I have to say that I would never have included the part about the snake oil salesmen...It undercuts your argument by trying to smear Arch, showing the 'hippy' to be just as manipulative as this Arch. The obvouisness of that, even to the most casual reader really damages the illusion that this person is supposed to be be fighting oppression...it sounds more like they are a rival politian, laying into someone at an election drive.

And the passage seems to have been written over some length of time, and since it is out of chronological order it gives the impression that whoever the writer is, they are somewhat insane...which, again, undercuts the argument.

This is because Arch seems to have occupied a number of roles, roles which contradict each other...doubtlessly this is intended to show how devious Arch is, but the actual effect is to have the reader question the sanity of the author.

I am not a particular fan of the piece though, the hot air is too much and the gems too small, and, as stated, contradictory. If it was a work of art it would consist of a blank canvas with the words 'Perspicacious 'Eggplant' 'Dictionary' and 'America'...The words are intereting, but there is no obvouis connection between then...and without those connections they are what they are, and putting them together only draws attention to that.

Its only my opinion, and I don't think you should give up, but I think you should try to work more on the meaning and writing style, than the language.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Anyway, I just finished a new signature. Hope I didn't spoil Dusty's signature parodying fun. :(

Any comments/compliments/hate mail?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It looks interesting, though I wish I knew what it was from. Needs more text too. Idk, that's just my opinion though. I like text in a sig lol. But what it really comes down to is: Do you like it? :P

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

It looks interesting, though I wish I knew what it was from. Needs more text too. Idk, that's just my opinion though. I like text in a sig lol. But what it really comes down to is: Do you like it? :P

I'm not sure where it exactly comes from. I just got it from Google Images by searching "future city".

I guess it's kind of bland, but I usually like to keep things simple. It's easier on the eyes for me, which is why the text is slightly translucent (makes it so the picture is the first thing I see, before the text).

Do you like it?

I guess. It's a bit random, but it's also very simple and easy on my eyes, which are major pluses in my book. ;)

SWAG

My ps3 wont allow me to fit even the 1 paragraph version in. BLASPHEMY!!!!

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

We need to post more...

I guess it's kinda my fault, me and my driving lessons and cabin trips.

If I only could stay at home!

EDIT:

[bleep], [cabbage]! For my oral exam I got French! And I can't even hold a [bleep]ing proper presentation in Norwegian or English!

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

*looks at my post count rank and thinks of Charlie*

Lqt9R.png

EDIT:

[bleep], [cabbage]! For my oral exam I got French! And I can't even hold a [bleep]ing proper presentation in Norwegian or English!

Get up in front of your class, say "Zut!" then sit back down. When the teacher tells you to quit kidding around and take your exam, shout "Jamais!" defiantly and cross your arms and poke out your bottom lip.

To be honest, there's always Google Translator. If you're worried about not knowing what to say, type up your speech and translate to French, study the grammar by looking at the translated text, then try to memorize parts of it. It would help, but it's not entirely honest. Oh, and here's a tip, since English is more related to French than Norwegian is, you should translate English to French in order to make it more accurate.

SWAG

Oral exam, you know, using two days to prepare a presentation then presenting it to a censor and a teacher the third.

Anyways I'm more leaning towards causing temporary brain damage to myself, rendering me unable to have it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Oral exam, you know, using two days to prepare a presentation then presenting it to a censor and a teacher the third.

Anyways I'm more leaning towards causing temporary brain damage to myself, rendering me unable to have it.

It's bloody French. It's not nearly as complicated as English and Norwegian are. The only particularly difficult thing about it is pronouncing the words since it's awkward to do so if you speak a Germanic language.

Just do the Google Translator trick and call it a lesson. Hell, memorize the translated speech.

Also, do you play Runescape? If you do, go play in the French language worlds from now on, at least until you pick up on vocabulary and grammar. :thumbup:

SWAG

It's not the French part that is too hard, it's the fact that it has to be a presentation to which I cannot read directly from a manuscript, though it being in French doesn't help either.

Also my pronounciation is pas mal.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

sere? your image is jsut the warning sign saying that there siggy broke the rules.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Ross, you talk about 4chan's /b/ sometimes.

Whats that thing called when you muddle up a picture and it can only be reopened with a password?

Edit: also to get that thing you go

[/bads] without the forward slash and it becomes

oversized.jpg

meatlover.png

"Things that are good in ballroom dance competitions are good in war. Firstly you must coordinate with your partner effectively. Secondly you must appear strong and confident to the viewers. Thirdly you must be graceful when stepping on a competitor's foot.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Tech, what did I miss in school yesterday? Was anything due or assigned?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

sere? your image is jsut the warning sign saying that there siggy broke the rules.

Yes. The file size was about 90kb too big.

Anyway, someone decreased the size for me, so it's all good.

SWAG