The Back Room

stevepole

Eh, I guess the only thing I can say without this turning into a dumb argument is that I've never experienced tears of joy til now, nor have I seen them for real. That's all I'm gonna say.

[spoiler=More Mass Effect 3 stuff.]After I got over my initial anger at the ending. I decided to take my time and look over things, watch some analysis videos and draw my own conclusions from what the game presented and the opinions of others. I am going to give the ending a chance and wait for DLC to give me some sort of closure to all of this.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Why the [bleep] would you think tears of joy weren't real? C'mon, even I know they're real, and my main source of happiness is flipping the bird at reality itself.

Mather... I think you've got it in reverse.

Most of the time, the sum of creation is flipping you the bird.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well I'm much less sick now, but I think my sanity is even worse off now. Something to do with me haveing a madmans' derpface on while singing "I FEEEL GOOODD" over and over again.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

[spoiler=More Mass Effect 3 stuff.]After I got over my initial anger at the ending. I decided to take my time and look over things, watch some analysis videos and draw my own conclusions from what the game presented and the opinions of others. I am going to give the ending a chance and wait for DLC to give me some sort of closure to all of this.

I am mildly worried that, if they do have a better ending in store, then that ending is going to have to be SO MUCH BETTER to justify them having such a bad ending.

I am thinking that the three different options spawn three different DLCs, the DLCs lasting six hours each, and all of them spawn a 'State of the Universe at 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 50 years' epilogue.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Why the [bleep] would you think tears of joy weren't real? C'mon, even I know they're real, and my main source of happiness is flipping the bird at reality itself.

I know, that's why flipping it off right back is entertaining; gloating at the fact that its efforts are futile. :thumbsup:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

-has to do a power point for gym about Physical Activity being fun- Yay! Now I can yap about ice skating and other stuffs (except bicycle riding) that I can do (which isn't that much).

Lol, I'm such a lazy American.

I know, that's why flipping it off right back is entertaining; gloating at the fact that its efforts are futile. :thumbsup:

6ZFJH.gif

The thing I like about Maslow's Hierarcy of Needs, is the way that it places people who are jerks near the bottom.

On a less metaphysical level(not by much), calling reality futile is like calling a fish a dog; fundermentally stupid, inaccurate and, well, generally ridiculous.

Assuming reality is 'against you' is self-absorbed and highly unmethodical. Reality is truely impartial because it is an abstract principle we use to define everything that doesn't occur in our minds. Thus, to say that reality is 'against you' is saying that Objectivity is Subjective, while your Subjectivity is Objective. Ergo a Fish is a Dog.

This is a Spoiler Alert. They say it is in the first 30 seconds or so.

If ya haven't played the game don't watch. Mass Effect 3 = Massive Fail! (I obviously didn't play, but this is part of the normal newscasts I watch)

Also my needs aren't on that scale at all. The only thing I need I need is essentially just someone to serve who will pay me in hugs.
That's stage 3 on the hierarchy.
Nah, I've already got that. It refers to familial love, not romantic love.

Really you are talking about two different needs there.

The first 'Need to serve somone' which is stage 1

The second 'Need of hugs', which is stage 3, recieving acceptance/trust/whatever you want to classify hugs as.

Also my needs aren't on that scale at all. The only thing I need I need is essentially just someone to serve who will pay me in hugs.

The second 'Need of hugs', which is stage 3, recieving acceptance/trust/whatever you want to classify hugs as.

The need I'm speaking of isn't the basic need to be of assistance, I've already god that base desire covered. And I don't want acceptance or trust either, if I wanted those, I could just get them from wherever the [bleep] I wanted, I have all the traits I need for that.

What I need is the good ol' fashion concept of ´true love´. No, not a feeling of "here I belong" or "this is right", just true [bleep]ing nirvana, I know, I've been there before a few times, during traditional pair dances for reasons you probably can guess.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

:rolleyes:

*Ahem*

Mather, were you by any chance wearing tight pants at the time?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The need I'm speaking of isn't the basic need to be of assistance, I've already god that base desire covered. And I don't want acceptance or trust either, if I wanted those, I could just get them from wherever the [bleep] I wanted, I have all the traits I need for that.

What I need is the good ol' fashion concept of ´true love´. No, not a feeling of "here I belong" or "this is right", just true [bleep]ing nirvana, I know, I've been there before a few times, during traditional pair dances for reasons you probably can guess.

I am really at a loss here.

Your argument goes 'No I do not need the things that I need, I already have them. What I need is what I haven't got, but I have had it before, but it wasn't what I needed, but at the time it was, because I thought it was, but now I need the thing that was what it was but isn't that which I already had because what I already had wasn't real, so, in summery, I need what I don't know exists.'

Really, I think this demonstrates stage 2. You have an extreme fear of actually fitting into a catagory, and so intentionally obstruct the catagory system by use of semantics.

Anyways, I've begun watching Bokurano ("Ours"). Just on episode one, so too soon to have an opinion. The opening music is fantastic though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05p646nlYS0

Episode 1, Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0chEOeuDNAc

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I am really at a loss here.

Your argument goes 'No I do not need the things that I need, I already have them. What I need is what I haven't got, but I have had it before, but it wasn't what I needed, but at the time it was, because I thought it was, but now I need the thing that was what it was but isn't that which I already had because what I already had wasn't real, so, in summery, I need what I don't know exists.'

Really, I think this demonstrates stage 2. You have an extreme fear of actually fitting into a catagory, and so intentionally obstruct the catagory system by use of semantics.

Noe, what I'm saying is "I do not need what I already have. And I know that's not what I am defining. I had what I am defining, which is something I've always known I needed."

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Well, shit.

Ended up being episode 3 of PMMM all over again.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Noe, what I'm saying is "I do not need what I already have. And I know that's not what I am defining. I had what I am defining, which is something I've always known I needed."

For some reason I keep thinking of Shakespere when we do these double inverted comma bits.

Anywho.

Every good system for putting people into categories needs a category for people that do not wish to be put into one.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Every good system for putting people into categories needs a category for people that do not wish to be put into one.

Nah, people wear 'Anomaly' like a badge of pride, and then 90% of people refuse to put themselves into the system.

I would have to point out that Maslow's Hierarchy does work very well, in that it would be very hard not to say you were in the first stage...Who doesn't need food? And for people who have Heroin, who doesn't need sleep? And for people with Coffee and Heroin, who doesn't need drugs? :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvO50GYniiI&feature=related

I do love this video, its not so down your throat as half of the anti-piracy things usually are. :thumbsup:

Meh, I dunno. I kinda like being able to define myself as something other than an anomaly. Makes me feell... More grounded.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]