The Back Room

stevepole

You misread me.

The issue with countries helping other countries is usually, and in the examples you gave me because of the countries governments oppose being helped. Not because the people of the country would rather maintain their cultural heritage instead of being fed.

qTLQRuS.png

This is why I have a problem with 'Liberals' they go around telling people how they are supposed to live their life...and as a result they turn disasters into catastrophies

You called me?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

You misread me.

The issue with countries helping other countries is usually, and in the examples you gave me because of the countries governments oppose being helped. Not because the people of the country would rather maintain their cultural heritage instead of being fed.

The legitimate organisation in charge of running the country opposed having the country screwed with? Hmmm, interesting, makes you wonder why we didn't have Chinese tanks rolling down the streets of Birmingham during the riots...Or why there isn't a German Aid center to take in the homeless and staving people on British streets...

Of course if we look at Timor-Leste the Government did ask for help, and as a result a new Government was set up, and when that Government failed to do what the UN wanted it was called corrupt.

In short:

"There is a problem"

"Must be the idiot natives, we better set up a government for them"

"There is a problem"

"Must be the idiot natives, they didn't learn from what we said, we had better intervene again"

"There is a problem"

"Must be the idiot natives..."

Liberals are willing to blame anything except themselves when things go wrong.

And no, the Russian intervention was to stop communism and get Russia back into the war, not to feed people.

In India it was economic profit

In Ireland it was strategic protection against the 'backdoor' of England

Native America it was liberal guilt

Latin America it was economic profit

South America it was economic profit

Cuba, Economic Profit

The Middle East, Economic Profit

Pakistan, Economics

Cyprus, Prestige

Africa, Presitge

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Although you say its economic profit, that is just your opinion. Most of the cases were actually labelled something else. And, regardless of their intent would have resulted in aid for the natives if the government hadn't fought back.

qTLQRuS.png

Although you say its economic profit, that is just your opinion. Most of the cases were actually labelled something else. And, regardless of their intent would have resulted in aid for the natives if the government hadn't fought back.

Yes...The Cubans are certainly 'Grateful' to America for exploiting them economically...so grateful infact that they chose to station nuclear missiles aimed a Florida there...

I said most, and in the cases of India, The Middle East, Africa and Latin America I am correct.

The Middle East being so grateful they have threatened the West with war numerous times.

Cuba is in Latin America and Mexico, the other major Latin American power, is hardly on the best of terms with the United States...

Africa, we can look at Ghana for instance, or other parts of the Gold Coast, and see countries which have economies geared to supporting the West's needs, to great detriment to the country itself...We also see the World Bank and World Trade Organisation saying that this is promoting growth, where none exists...indeed their economy continues to stagnate.

India, by comparison, has grown considerably more as a direct result of ignoring UN directives and Britain's interventions.

So, ultimately, your arguments are hollow.

And this is why that only the closest of my close friends know anything about my "issues", because I have to agree with both Nere and archi. Everyone has their own issues and must deal with them. Trying to guilt trip someone about their issues by saying X has it worse will only make the problem worse and is in no way productive. The outcome is only more pain.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Arch, while liberals may be preachy (to the extreme in certain cases) at least in america conservatives are hardly any better (especially with a disappearing middle ground). Our brand of conservatives (the G.O.P.) being one of those special parties that build quite a bit of their domestic policy around the [wagon] (gay marriage, don't ask don't tell, etc.).

Also, lei here's a link that you might find helpful.

http://www.livejournal.com/

LNYvk.png

Hmm. Really wish I could get Mass Effect 1, 2, &3. They seem incredibly fun.. But meh. Also, I don't feel that well. Urghhhh.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Arch, while liberals may be preachy (to the extreme in certain cases) at least in america conservatives are hardly any better (especially with a disappearing middle ground). Our brand of conservatives (the G.O.P.) being one of those special parties that build quite a bit of their domestic policy around the [wagon] (gay marriage, don't ask don't tell, etc.).

Also, lei here's a link that you might find helpful.

Well the American Brand of Democracy is based on the French Brand (although it was before the French revolution) which basically holds that everything can be rewritten and an idea that is old is worse, not better, because it has lasted as long as it has.

The enlarged franchise has degraded the actual usefulness of the electorate, and effectively lead to the near tyranny of the elected officals.

As Bollingbroke said "Monarchy is infinately preferable to Republicanism because a Monarchy can tolerate most Republican sentiment, where as a Republic can tolerate no Monarchal sentiment"...In short Monarchy can go both ways on the slider between the Tyranny of the masses and the Tyranny of despots...while the Republic just goes towards the Tyranny of the masses...

This then mutates into the tyranny of the elected officals.

Nere: i was only making a statement. AND you should stop complaining BECAUSE I have NOT posted anything else about it.

Grim: thank you but no thank you. As I have just stated, I didn't post anything else about it.

I'm not the same as I was months ago.

Edited by Randox
Removed personal remark

I like teh artz.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Shoo shoo, go essay boy, do thy job.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Essays are disgusting and overrated. :U

I actually enjoy them if I know a lot about the subject and find it genuinely interesting. Other than that, yes, I would have to agree.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I actually enjoy them if I know a lot about the subject and find it genuinely interesting. Other than that, yes, I would have to agree.

And I'm related to you why? o:

4sem9i.png

And I'm related to you why? o:

Fate's a cruel mistress?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm not that mean :(

Lqt9R.png

... I really think my dog is making me deaf in one ear because she is constantly cleaning it. Sound going into that ear is now fuzzier for hours after she does so. Ugh.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Your dog cleans your ears?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Yeah. It's kind of annoying.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]