The Back Room

stevepole

Wow, since when was the term douchenozzle enough to get a post removed? It's not even a proper insult, it's just an internet term for someone who in some way hurts or brings difficulty to others through acting selfishly.

I suppose the real question is, if I said 'Quit being a Matherard' would you/other people be offended, even though I just made it up?

Mather, being your name, which indicates that it is a personality trait.

Retard, meaning to slowing down or to hinder progress or otherwise delay.

Obviously I would never call you that because it is offensive and people who are not you may take offense to it, even if you don't personally. It is merely included to demonstate how your 'Its not really a real insult' argument is flawed.

Half-wit would be another term I could use, which is English Slang, similar to your 'Internet Term', yet may still cause offence.

I would strongly recommend you look at the rules a little more often, since the purpose of them is not to stop you from insulting people, but is to stop other people from being insulted BY you.

(And so much other jargon which is rubbish, yet, by using these forums we agree to abide by.)

In fact I would not, because I can take being called something that I am, which is socially retarded. And no, half-wit also means low intelligence, douchenozzle is just a more mature form of meanie.

Since when is a real-man all angsty about love?

Real men treat women to what they deserve, which is respect, kindness and faithfulness.

And no, there's no angst. I have accepted the fact that hey, even if I were to get a girlfriend now, in half a year I'm moving all the way up to the polar circle for a while, so it would be kind of wasted.

I'm chill with how things are, I just can't take someone shitting on what we nice guys are trying to establish.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

In my personal belief:

True love does not exist, but that's because I use true love meaning a love that is decided by fate. As in, two people are destined to be together and when they find each other they will know it. That does not happen, it just doesn't.

I believe the stage, which is love, that is; the stage in which you have fully let someone into your life, you trust them completely, they know you completely, and no matter what you can always come back to this stage. Now, I've never really reached that with a person except for family members (hell if you see someone everday for 17 years, you're going to end up letting them in.), but I do believe that this stage is possible to reach with anyone in the world. Everyone has the potential to get on with each other and love each other, it's just the possibility of that happening is nearly impossible. For example a white supremisist becoming best friends with Samuel L Jackson. I mean it could happen, feelings for other people make people do weird things, and even change themselves internally.

Now love does not have to be mutual, the person you love does not have to love you and vice versa. This is where problems arise. See, people have some internal urge to be loved and to love someone. I don't know where this comes from, it could be society pushing its values of a strong nuclear family and hollywoods huge film industry which almost always promotes love. But people specifically look to fall in love, and begin to build an illusion where they might be in love with someone, but they only want it because society wants them to and they personally don't want to be in love with that person (now you may think that contradicts my point earlier, where people can fall in love with anyone, but no; that rule is absolute and overrides this one) and it leads to heartbreak.

Now I personally wish that people were more open to each other, in respect that complete honesty all the time. If you've ever seen the invention of lying, that is my ideal world. Although then again, that's personal opinion, I'd rather have brutal honesty than to be tricked.

So to summarise, true love does not exist, love exists, I believe it'd be easier if people were more honest to each other.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Okay, ladies, please calm down about this topic of "True Love". Even I'm thinking this is getting blown outta porportion.

There is no real way to prove whether or not "True Love" exists. You either believe it, or don't believe it. End of story. I personally believe that true love exists, but doesn't exist (it's a bit complicated to explain).

Now please switch to a different topic before the Back Room becomes locked again.

Also: Yay! I'm not insane! Super depressed self go bye bye! -is to happy to speak proper English-

I got this one bro.

Let's talk about how awesome that I am lD

Jkjk.

How are all of you? c:

(PS...it's Vix on a different account... I kinda...forgot the password for my old one and I don't remember the email that I had with it... ;___; /shot)

4sem9i.png

Hi Night! Also.. The last argument. Blew my mind. ... What the hell. Why is there an argument abou- never mind. Just.. Leavin it there, in the air, waving like it jsut don't care.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

You Get What You Give x Love Circulation

I think it fits the moment, in a sense. :rolleyes:

(Mostly I just like mashups)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJTsXDNJp4

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You Get What You Give x Love Circulation

Especially where love is less than 1. :geek:

And no, half-wit also means low intelligence, douchenozzle is just a more mature form of meanie.

1) Insults are not objectively true.

2) Surely you mean less mature...

I personally believe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9OGfBGOCpk

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

There are four kinds of love, familial love, platonic love, Shakespearean (aka. true) love and sexual attraction.

Familial love = The kind of love you have for your family, you want what's best for them, but don't necessarily want to actually be near them.

Platonic love = The kind of love you have for your friends, you want what's best for them and you want to spend time with and trust them.

Shakespearean love = What is called true love (not 'one true love'), you want what's best for them and you want to spend time with and trust them, their presence also gives you comfort and you could never stand to see them get hurt in any way.

Sexual attraction = Do I really need to explain this one? You want to [bleep] them.

What is called love in popular culture is a mix between platonic love and sexual attraction.

And no, I have no idea whether Shakespearean love is actually a term, but we all know Romeo and Juliet, hence the name.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Sexual attraction = Do I really need to explain this one? You want to [bleep] them.

This is more commonly known as "Lust". :razz:

You could probably say that the kind of love that we're arguing about is a mix of your platonic love and lust, and that your definition of Shakespearean love is just stronger platonic love.

That said, I'd rather let the people who have been in love make the definitions... :razz:

The four types of love are:

Agape - Unconditional love

Philo - Conditional love

Eros - Intimate love

Storge - Pragmatic love

As to a mix between Platonic Love and Sexual Love....If we translate it you are saying "Love is non-sexual love and sexual love'...while mathmatically true, linguistically it is flawed deeply.

I would also point out that 'Shakespearean love' is 'Platonic love' with the added proviso that you don't want to see them hurt.

I would then point out that 'There are 4 types of love, and that one.' is a really bad argument.

Really, I would suggest actually finding out about theory of love before coming up with an all new theory to try to explain it...

I just stick to saying I love someone in a family way, or brotherly, friendly or lover way. I keep it simple and it still gets the point across. Although I do find all the terminology interesting, but it is sort of irrelevant to me personally.

More or less, I think I'm trying to say it doesn't really matter, because everyone interprets love in different ways for the most part.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Actually, there are countless Latin words for love, but most of them only pertain to a certain aspect to it, and not a type in its own. Those I listed are the ones we've all know of, even if some of you chose not to believe in them.

And no, you missed "their presence also gives you comfort", the defining part of true love, the way I put it is not so noticeable because it's an understatement for the sake of technical accuracy, a more sensual and appropriately charged approach to saying it would be "their mere presence is intoxicating to you".

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Since when is a real-man all angsty about love?

Real men treat women to what they deserve, which is respect, kindness and faithfulness.

I've gone with just treating everybody with respect, kindness and faithfulness, regardless of their gender and based on how well I feel that they deserve it.

But of course if you feel that we should start treat people differently based on their gender, why not continue by treating people differently based on their race and sexuality!

qTLQRuS.png

Can we stop with the love argument? It's really a thing to be experienced that lacks the need to be defined. It just is. We can define if we actually have to but like everything from your arse to the universe, it's going to be a different definition for everyone.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Personally, if Mather wants to imagine that he is unique, and that, for the past 3,000 years, everyone has be wrong about this fundermental truth of the Human Race, then that is fine.

He can go off, with his deeply flawed understanding of love and, eventually, he will either cobble together a sembalance of the same theory that currently exists, or his theory will crash and bring untold suffering to many other people...Possibly not to him, but, if his theory propagates, then it will hit one of the many potholes that people 3,000 years ago hit and the impact will cause damage, and so force whomever hits it to learn from that mistake and, eventually, they will cobble together a sembalance of the same theory that currently exists.

Its ultimately a matter of an unruly child screaming that if he doesn't brush his teeth nothing will happen, and thus it is pointless to brush his teeth. Eventually the child grows up and suffers for not listening to the wisdom that could have easily been recieved.

'All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and that everyone is the best at everything.'

LETS ALL STOP NOW AND NEVER DISCUSS THIS AGAIN

NEVER AGAIN

EVER

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I vow to thee, my soulmate, all earthly things above,

Entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love;

The love that asks no question, the love that stands the test,

That lays upon the altar the dearest and the best;

The love that never falters, the love that pays the price,

The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.

The love that never falters, the love that pays the price,

The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.

And there's another lover, I've heard of long ago,

Most dear to me who loves you, most great to those that know;

Since I may not count your poems, nor may I see your soul;

For your fortress is my faithful heart, your pride my suffering;

And year by year and silently our shining bounds increased,

And ours ways are ways of gentleness, and all our paths are peace.

And year by year and silently our shining bounds increased,

And ours ways are ways of gentleness, and all our paths are peace.

If it's manga it can't be that hard. Choose a genre and you've got the characters already.

*ahem*

I just have one request; Don't make a Puella Magi or Soul Eater fan-comic. Any other series I could stand being done in a less than perfect fashion, but not those.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex, it's not either of those. I suck at making things super long like soul eater.

Its going to be a short story about a story being told to kids. And it has a character sorta similar to my favorite female in ancient history: Joan of Arc.

... Joan of Arc's story is not one I would tell to children. Depressing politics, male chauvinism, all ending in the pointless death of an innocent.

Also, 15th century France isn't exactly ancient. Ancient would be pre-5th century.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I don't really understand the appeal of manga/anime. Apart from the art-style it seems pretty much the same as other forms of media.

People always say 'I like anime' but you never hear people say 'I like live-action', people often don't like ALL like action but it seems different with anime.

qTLQRuS.png

Nex: it's not Joan of Arc's story... The only true reference to her I'm using is the whole she brought the true king back to France. The story I'd be telling is fictitious and no one dies burning at the stake. If I do a death scene it'd be more epic than burning.

Nere: Anime is better to say than live action. Plus it's the storylines with good artwork that's like able.