The Back Room

stevepole

Which measure of central tendency are you using for "average"?

By default, the one where he's right.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Which measure of central tendency are you using for "average"?

By default, the one where he's right.

:D

Alg's right, I'm sure a lot of the people in Africa and India have never even seen a book! I'd assume that the average books read would be close to 0.5.

-

I'm not accusing Mather of it, it's just a general rant to be honest. Lots of people claim that they can read super quickly because they're hyperintelligent when they're merely skim-reading the entire book to simply get the gist of it.

"Hurr Durr, I read all of the LotR books over the weekend. Meh."

Suppose it says something about our society, more people want to pretend to read books so people think that they're clever rather than people legitimately wanting to read books.

qTLQRuS.png

I'm not saying that as a claim that I read fast (though I do), I simply spent a LOT of time reading. And I simply threw a number out there because even listing all the books I've read would be an impossible feat. I started reading at the age of three. By the time I was proficient in English I had read practically every single one of the Hardy Boys books in Norwegian. I read LotR, in English, in the third grade... Not to seem intelligent, just because I used to like reading.

Now the only reading I do is the few works that really pique my interest, and pretty much any article that has to do with physics.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Egh, most of the time I skim read to be honest, but I do that so I can re-read the book and go back to it. It doesn't stick, so it's always new surpriuses when I re-read a book I've read before. It's nice.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well [bleep]. The human body sure is scary. I just managed to cure myself of sleep deprivation by meditating for three minutes and smacking my head around a little.

Goddamnit Mather, humans don't work like that

No one here even cares

Either start a blog about concussive homeopathic remedies or get out

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You say no one cares, yet your responce indicates a hint of amusement, which was exactly what I was aiming for.

Like a random person suddenly tickling you in the streets.

Some might call it assault, others would say you made a friend.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I do care but only because you're being totally stupid and worrying me that you're going to end up killing yourself like a [wagon].

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I wouldn't know about killing myself, but the method evidently works quite well seeing as I've been up for 25 hours now and you'd think I'd just jumped out of bed and downed a dozen cans of Red Bull.

(Gross exageration by the way, I'm not actually lying on the floor and twitching from a heartattack.)

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Its more like telling someone about a time when you told a joke, or telling someone about a time you ran into a wall...It loses alot of the funny in the translation.

The residual, speaking for myself and Nex, funny is lost by the fact that you have told so many tales of how you have injured yourself... it is less 'Wife getting hit with a bin lid caught by the wind' and more 'Table collapsed while unattended'

Fun fact

The human body expires after approximately two weeks of sleep deprivation

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Played a fun Lite-RPG (similar to dungeoneering) recently. Everybody was a bird, you could either be a songbird, a huntingbird and then a water fowl. Songbird was the equivalent of magic-user. The objective was to settle down on a nice porch near the airport and there were people firing guns at us.

I created a golem out of stolen shotgun pellets, bird poop and magic and it flew in and killed a bunch of humans. I then attempted to create a golem out of a human but it was beyond me so I failed.

That was at 2:00 AM so I had to go to bed, but the other birds eventually succeeded.

Fantastic one-off game.

qTLQRuS.png

Doesn't the fact that this isn't backfiring count for anything? It's been 28 hours now, and I'm still going.

No.

I have survived without sleep for three days, with relatively few side effects, and this was without caffine artifically stimulating me.

Also making claims that it hasn't backfired is kind of presumptive.

A) If you were suffering from sleep depreviation then your cognative state would decline which, may, decrease your ability to tell your cognative state has declined.

B) You are only 28 hours in, there could be any number of long term complications.

C) The fact that you were tired until you drank caffine and beat yourself around the head (Which would naturally release stimulents and painkillers) shows that you are just masking the normal complications arising from not sleeping.

So no, as per normal achievements without substance do not count for anything.

Never said I drank caffeine, I said I meditated for 3 minutes to clear the sensation.

Until this morning I hadn't drank caffeine for the sake of staying awake, and here it was only as a security since going to school after 41 hours without sleep isn't exactly the most clever move.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

It just goes to show you how loose our interest is.

If you want us to be impressed then tell us when it is day 4...Elsewise get a Blog 'My Sleepless Nights' or something.

Go for the gold Mather

Two weeks woohoo!

RIP Dawngate ;-;