The Back Room

stevepole

Goddamnit Alg you made me all nostalgic

I miss Stork

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

As do I. Do we know whatever happened to him? Also, I guess you're right, Alg. We can always try.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I just now made a Steam group for the Tavern, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FaladorTavern

Please join.

It's to serve two purposes; one is to make it easier to arrange multiplayer games, the other is to avoid clogging up the Back Room here with discussion regarding the relocation.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

There is no relocation

• Like 1

RIP Dawngate ;-;

True. We're not going anywhere, Mather.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Nope, the use of a forum for communication is kind of necessary for us because of the timezones. For instance the largest difference; the difference between me [GMT+1] and Grim [EST-2] is 8 hours, if not for the fact that I have the sleep pattern close only to that of a dolphin (dolphins sleep only with half their brain at a time, thus they are awake 24/7) I'd be in bed by the time he'd get out of school.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Still is easier to use a forum due to functions such as quoting, so you know what message it is in response to. Quoting in Skype means first pasting the message, then writing your own, and you've barely got any control over whether it pastes it as a quote or plain text.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

1A7Ea.png

It's pretty easy to see who quotes who with skype too, pretty much in the same way that our forum software works. Forums are universal, but I'm just saying you'd probably find a skype chat group to give you the functionality you're looking for (instant communication within reason/timezone limitations) without giving up what you are used to here (quoting, removing messages, setting topics, etc). You can actually just highlight what you want to quote and ctrl+v to automatically paste formatted, and you can right click paste plain-text if you don't want formatting -- which is pretty similar to our quote and multiquote system. (Hell, it's even more functional since you don't have to cut out parts of other people's quotes if you only want to address one line)

Just saying it will probably suit your needs better than IRC or a steam group will. I still think our forums are better communication as well, but it's easier for people to run messenger programs like irc or skype on their phones or in the background than it is with steam or checking an entirely different forum altogether.

I'll go back to lurking now, don't mind me. ^^

hzvjpwS.gif

I feel like I'm turning into metal, starting from my chest (and internal organs) and spreading out. Everything is distractingly uncomfortable and my breath tastes of cupronickel.

On a very much related note, my left arm, which is the only extremity the sensation has spread to as of yet, no longer feels any pain when I punch stuff.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Or don't, and probably have a serious medical problem. Seriously, go to a damn doctor.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Never gonna see a doctor for anything unless there's a steady flow of blood, bone's visible or something's poking the wrong way. I'd be damned if I'd ever actually succumb to anything but a proper injury. If I could ride a bike right away after procuring a heavy¹ concussion in the fourth grade, it'll take at least a truck to debilitate me.

¹ I was later told I was lucky not to be suffering from cranial hemorrhaging. Going by the scale, it would be a class IIIb, as quite a crowd had time to gather before I came to.

Besides, with how this has been acting, I would be bedridden by now if it was gonna kill me; it's been going on all day and it started with my heart and lungs, the only two parts of my body that can be called weak. (Note: I lack stamina (easily countered by sheer willpower followed by immense pain at the end of the session), I'm not suffering from some chronic disease... at least to my knowledge.)

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Which part? The concussion that happened 9 years ago or the fact that I can push myself past the limit like horses can?

Sometimes when I sprint, my legs take over for my heart before I get tired, the pain is because I eventually have to stop when my arms start to asphyxiate, and I then struggle with the fact that my heart is on the verge of exploding when it suddenly has to work again when I slow down while it has yet to get down to a rate it can actually handle exerting force at.

Essentially, it's just like when a horse gives its all for a long distance, then instantly dies upon reaching the destination. Except I know to slow down slowly enough so as to not kill myself by doing so.

Still though, hurts like a [bleep].

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You folks have forgotten; everyone is a doctor in Norway.

And you know what they say

If everyone's a doctor... no one is.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

We should start a charity to teach scholastically starved Norwegians like Mather the basic sciences.

• Like 1

RIP Dawngate ;-;

No, no. I'm not a doctor, I'm a tank. I don't need to find out what's wrong with me physically when I know I've got the health to give it a proper beatdown.

Diseases don't harm me, I harm diseases.

Physiology does not work that way. Please see an expert.

Agreed. Seriously, Mather. You need medical attention and probably a chat with a psych for safe measure. This is not how the human body operates.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Hey Archi, I'm having the same problem you had before with Steam

You're marked as offline

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Making me chat with a shrink would only serve to make one more guy start to lose grip of his sanity.

And no, seeing a doctor about anything other than a severe injury is not going to be necessary. I am built like a tank. My body repels anything that has the potential to harm it. It's even resistant to physical injury; a few days ago I attempted to make the nastiest bruise I could by slapping the same place over and over, I had to give up around time number thousand, because the only thing I got was a very minor localized swelling with a leathery texture that served as armor, which was mostly gone at the end of the day.

Normal physiology may not work like that, but nothing about me gives two shits about normal.

Nex, Archi's not here anymore, he's completely left TIF and he's not coming back.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1