The Back Room

stevepole

I think I'm safe seeing as this town is just a km long and a few hundred meters wide and the only thing outside it worth going to is the rocket field, which I'm at 3 times a week with school anyways.

I'd have to be carrying my own weight or running to get tired, no matter where I was going here.

EDIT2: Damnit, wrong thread.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I suppose, it's hard to justify something as wrong since it's not the done thing.😏

Earth was rude and obnoxious throughout, he failed to manage the ship effectively resulting in a fire and the death of two crewmen.👎👎

qTLQRuS.png

Earth was rude and obnoxious throughout, he failed to manage the ship effectively resulting in a fire and the death of two crewmen.����

Give him some credit, that's about half as many deaths as we could have expected under your lead, and Earth didn't even have to geas people and sell them to slavery to do it. You can't expect him to match you on his first session.

:twss:

No-sleeve November is a defeat. I nearly lost my fingers a moment ago. I could literally feel ice crystals starting to form in my skin.

According to a friend of mine who comes from even further north, it was an effective -22°C, so I feel like the decision to quit is fairly reasonable.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

No-sleeve November is a defeat. I nearly lost my fingers a moment ago. I could literally feel ice crystals starting to form in my skin.

According to a friend of mine who comes from even further north, it was an effective -22°C, so I feel like the decision to quit is fairly reasonable.

No shit Sherlock

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Scarlet Pimpernel sounds like the worst courtesan ever

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Scarlet Pimpernel sounds like the worst courtesan ever

The Scarlet Pimpernel is (as far as I have figured out) is an alias for a good guy who saves French people.

ALSO, pimpernel is a flower, which has a reddish color.

And for comedy's sake, look up The Scarlet Pumpernickel, a Looney Toons short cartoon starring Daffy Duck.

ALG, I haven't started The Three Musketeers yet, I'm expecting to start it Thursday, since I'll need tomorrow to finish the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Or the blackadder episode "Nob and Nobility"

And yes the Scarlet Pimpernel was a noble from Britain/France who saved French Nobles from getting their heads cut off during the French revolution. It was written in the 1900s on events in the 1780-90s.

The identity of the SP was supposed to be a great secret known only to the Prince Regant.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Reading books is still being just as idle as playing computer games or watching television. I don't know why it has such a better reputation than the other two.

I wish I knew the answer to why reading had a better reputation.

My guess is that it's just because one has been around longer.

Before the invention of the printing press, books were copied by hand, so (my guess) some people got better handwriting skills from writing books.

Reading is important because it provides an insight into another person's though processes, and allows us to come at ideas from different angles...and of course to gain new ideas.

Computer games can give us new ideas, yes, but the len is far more narrow.

The only game I can think of that really provides the same benefits as a book would be Bioshock...The majority of other games are just throw away adventurers which don't really add to you as a person.

The same could be said for some books, of course, trashy novels especially.

Television:

It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper.

~ Rod Serling

Edited by Kimberly
Please keep discussion relevant to the topic at hand

I'm saying that reading is as much a hobby as playing computer games and shouldn't be an excuse to delay actual more important activities.

Edited by Kimberly
Please keep discussion relevant to the topic at hand
qTLQRuS.png

I'm saying that reading is as much a hobby as playing computer games and shouldn't be an excuse to delay actual more important activities.

Fundermentally inaccurate.

Playing a computer game is unlikely to contribute anything to your life.

Reading is more likely to contribute to your life.

Further 'More Important Activities' could mean anything ...For instance 'Escaping a burning building' or 'Talking to Resistance' Both of which are highly subjective.

Given that most of us would agree that reading a page of a book was less important than escaping a burning building (unless the book was 'How to escape a burning building in one page') I fail to see your general argument...unless you are saying that the 'MUST TALK TO RESISTANCE' is as important as escaping a burning building...which would be the height of egotism.

Mather:

Nothing is without benefit.

Edited by Kimberly
Fixed quote