Rate the previous poster's song!

Makkaravelho

The title is quite self-explanatory, just rate whatever song the previous poster put in his post. We have this on another forum I use, and it is definitely one of my favourite threads of all time, so let's see if we can make this work :)

- Try to make it interesting, instead of just saying "I don't like it", tell us why, what parts and so on and so forth, one-liners are dull.

- I suggest a 1-10 rating sytem.

- No need to all-out bash a song, try to be nice.

- Try to avoid posting all the time, so we can have several different posters, and hopefully, several different types of songs! :)

So, without further chit-chat, here's my song to kick things off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh9osYZNilU

Let's hope you have fun writing you ratings and reading how other people rate your picks, but most of all, let's hope you find some new music to listen to! :)

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this idea, hopefully it will watch on with other posters.

I liked the guitar a lot in your song, namely the intro and outro of the song. I can't say I enjoyed the verses too much though. Seemed a bit "light," quite a contrast to the guitar riffs I liked. I can understand why Porcupine Tree is so well liked though, I just don't think they're for me. 6/10.

The song started decent, had potential. Then the vocals came in and honestly it sounds like every other generic rock band.

Not a fan.

I wouldn't normally post something live but this is a great performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bumsgmM7pWs

I like this idea.

21 minutes is quite long, so I didn't listen to it all, but from the five or so minutes I listened to, it seemed pretty good. 7/10 from what I heard.

I'll start with this:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I know another forum that does this thing too, was thinking of making this thread myself for a while since I like it there too.

Anyway, onto the song. Certainly was a strange subject for a song. Musically, I thought it was pretty good. There were some minor things that annoyed me in the instrumentation, and his voice, while I liked it at first it started getting a bit annoying by the end. It was also a bit monotonous, it could have been a 1:30 song but just got doubled up without a lot of variation or stuff to make it interesting. All in all, 7/10.

These guys are from the town I live in. Saw them live last summer over here, they gave a hell of a show.

At first I didn't like it, but it actually was really good. Never heard of them, so I will be sure to check them out.

7/10

DISCLAIMER: A lot of my music will not have words to it...so yeah :thumbup:

One of my favorite pieces of music of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbAUwi4D3Ew

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Wrong thread :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Yay, the topic has started off nicely, let's hope it keeps going ^^

And to the song... well, it's catchy, I'll give it that. But it lacks twists or any real surpises, it runs it's course without anything much going on. I personally like my music with some twists and turns, but I suppose this is a nice feel-good song, if you dig the genre. I'll give it a 7/10. Also, I hate the name of the band. I don't know why, but it's just... bad :<

I'll give you something else, in the form of Pain of Salvation's song Scarsick, from the album that bears the same title. I recommend checking the lyrics ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X8xA3p5GEA

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

At first it kinda reminded me of Janus, but then it kinda turned into a typical metalish (I'm not sure which subgenre) song. Needless to say, it started well but got a bit worse as it progressed. It could definitely have been shorter. I'd still give it a 7/10 though.

Yay, Opeth. One of my favorite bands (maybe even the one and only favorite), been listening to them from like 2006. You might have chosen kind of a softer and more straightforward song, not sure if it was on purpose.

I'm more of a fan of the more progressive and more metal kind of Opeth, but this is definitely a beautiful and atmospheric piece, although it gets a bit repetitive towards the end. Definitely dig it in any case, I'll give it a 8½ ^^

Lets' try some more prog metal, shall we. This one's by Seventh Wonder, a pretty "underground" progressive metal band from Sweden, they released their fourth album last year. Great stuff, with an epic 30(!)-minute title track. This is a shorter one, don't worry ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea3MmSvavDI

I really liked his voice, but nothing else really appealed to me. Does he have any other projects/better songs?

He recorded a demo with another band, but nothing ever released with any other projects. I recommend checking out more of the band's songs if you like his voice :)

Edited by Makkaravelho

-

-

Not bad or anything, i just have very difficult for that kind of rock. Not my cup of tea =)

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Not bad or anything, i just have very difficult for that kind of rock. Not my cup of tea =)

Not my thing, but it was pretty chill. I could see Reggae lovers enjoying it. 7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Hva127JIQTI

Hope you like Tron-esque sounds

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn