Age 17, 5'9 ft Male 205 POUNDS!!!!PLZ give me tips

x_no_limtz_x

i wanna get rid of 20 pounds

i wanna get a bigger chest and arm and abs

what should i do?

at home i have dumbell sets up to 40pounds and a workout bench with footrest and incline

how many situps and pushups should i do daily?

plz help me

First of all, your meal choices.

Either eat 5 small meals over the course of the day (small being like snack sized) that gives you your daily needs.

Or, cut back on your 3 squares.

Do not exceed 2500 calories intake in a day.

Run for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week at least.

If you want to tone arms and abs, crunches and pushups are the way to go. Start out by doing as many as you can. Use that as a benchmark and strive to add 5 to each number every day.

Forty pound weights will not tone your arms, but they will build up muscle. Remember that gaining muscle will also gain you weight.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

^^ Dont listen to him :)

Go to the ski hill on your free time, even if you dont know how, take some lessons.

Thats pretty ignorant to say. Bari's information was pretty good.

If you want a guarantee - go on Weight Watchers for losing weight - it pretty much is a guarantee, though you're going to hate what you eat for a while.

(The points program)

But yea, just watch what you eat and exercise! Cut back on flavoured drinks, just have water.

summerpngwy6.jpg

If you want to lose weight I cannot fully emphasize the virtues of running and cycling, as Barihawk said, at least 30 minutes a week, 3 times a week. At whatever pace you can manage, don't overdo it, since you want to try and build it up anyway.

Eat the breakfast of a king, the lunch of a prince, and the dinner of a pauper apparently, and if you're going to snack make it healthy, like fruit or nothing.

As for weights...try to stick to pushups and sit ups for the moment, it may not be glamorous but remember, muscle is heavier than fat, if you really want to lose weight don't purely train weights.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

If you want a guarantee - go on Weight Watchers for losing weight - it pretty much is a guarantee, though you're going to hate what you eat for a while.

(The points program)

But yea, just watch what you eat and exercise! Cut back on flavoured drinks, just have water.

meh mum does that thing...she does great :)

i'm only 14 so i cant really help you :wink:

i'm a bit fatty to :lol:

Do the running thing that's been suggested already.

Also, take up fencing. If you don't lose weight, at least you'll learn how to be too arrogant to care about it. Hell, I think that's the best part.

But seriously, any sport that requires you to be moving a lot for an extended period of time is gold. Weights aren't the solution if you want to lose your pounds. Athletics, swimming, football (both of the IQ-removing and other varieties), basketball, possibly even tennis. What you need is just to MOVE. You don't need to eat less, you need to eat RIGHT. And eating right won't do much to help you if you don't get out and about and burn off your fat with some exercise.

Join the army. That would work, too. The marines if you're intent on losing your humanity along with your weight.

If your gonna do any sport, go play waterpolo, and play it hardcor. Probably the most physicaly demanding sport :D

Also as a side note, you dont have to just run. Do whatever is fun and you exercise at the same time. For example, i play ddr. I know it sounds odd, but if you play ddr on fast songs for about 1 hour a day, you get in shape (in about a week and a half i lost about 4lbs.)

Also cheack to see if your overweight at all. My brother looks like he is overweight but he isnt, its just un-toned muscle (muscle weighs more then fat, and if its un-toned, looks like fat.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Do the cereal diet. Cereal all day, every day!

Who doesnt like cereal!?

Half the frat boys at my Uni do that. Its like, pick dinner out of fine healthy meal choices, and they go for a massive bowl of Frosted Flakes.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

sorry to say it but you are kind of controdicting yourself, you want to gain mucle which weighs 2x as much as fat and you also want to loose 20lbs?

Yeah... that's what I was going to say.

I can understand you wanting to lose the fat, but losing weight is a totally different thing. If you simply want to lose weight then working out isn't going to help you. If you miscommunicated and you want to gain muscle, then I'd suggest simply doing 50-100 pushups/situps a day followed by running a mile or two.

Eating a healthy diet is also important. Keep off the pastas and breads and stick with meats and vegetables.

Just reiterating what has been said here for the most part, but when I do sit-ups for track and field we like to add in some variety. We'll do 30 crunches, 30 toe-touches (sit like a cruch but put your feet in the air and touch your toes), 30 leg lifts (lie down and raise up your legs so that they're perpendicular to the floor and put them back down, but keep them at least 3 inches above the ground. You can put your hands under the small of your back for extra support) and then we'll do 60 'obliques' (get in a crunch position but you kick your legs straight forward almost like you're running and twist your torso toward the knee that is closest your body, and that is 1) Then we'll work our way down by doing 20 of each and then 40 obliques, and finally 10 of each, straight through, no feet touching the floor, and 20 obliques. To make it a lot harder you can hold your legs out straight on the leg lifts for added time.

Do the cereal diet. Cereal all day, every day!

Who doesnt like cereal!?

I think it's one of the worst everyday foods out there.. apart from vegetables 8)

Im 5'10 and 160Ibs :wink:

My advise, play as many sports as possible, don't eat to much, and when you do, eat healthy. And don't be tempted to eat a snack every hour, like my brother (who is 11 years old and 150pounds..pmfg :roll: )

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

20? try 60 pounds. :shock:

Will come up with a better reply tomorrow.

[edit] Don't want to sound 'harsh', but I am 6.7 and I weigh 182 pounds and I am on the 'bigger' size and losing weight.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

i wanna get rid of 20 pounds

i wanna get a bigger chest and arm and abs

what should i do?

at home i have dumbell sets up to 40pounds and a workout bench with footrest and incline

how many situps and pushups should i do daily?

plz help me

r u serous?

if u r, i run about 1 or 2 miles every day

First of all, your meal choices.

Either eat 5 small meals over the course of the day (small being like snack sized) that gives you your daily needs.

Or, cut back on your 3 squares.

Do not exceed 2500 calories intake in a day.

Run for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week at least.

If you want to tone arms and abs, crunches and pushups are the way to go. Start out by doing as many as you can. Use that as a benchmark and strive to add 5 to each number every day.

Forty pound weights will not tone your arms, but they will build up muscle. Remember that gaining muscle will also gain you weight.

Good advice but the only thing I would change would be the adding 5 to each number daily. Try to take it a little slower. Perhaps 5 more a week?