The squeal of fortune sucks.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Alright, it's time to talk about the squeal of fortune which is in my opinion one of the stupidest things in RuneScape.

First of all, you get free items. Why do I have a problem with this? Well, you can basically get rune weapons and cash without having to work for it. And that makes it way too easy to get money. The rune items are pretty common.

Another item that I have a problem with is those lamps. Why? Because it totally removes the challenge. Those lamps are ridiculously common. Which means you get get free exp without having to work for it.

Secondly, what's the point this wheel if you can't even get rich off the rare items you get? I know this totally contradicts my first point, but making the rare items such as dragon platebodies untradable because they're "lucky" beats the whole purpose of the wheel, doesn't it? Since you already can get money easily off the rune items and 10K coins which is also common, I am surprised you can't make quick buck off those items.

But to be honest the fact that the rare items are untradable isn't a big gripe, after all, I already mentioned that the lamps, rune items and coins make it too easy. So having those items tradable would make something that is already too easy even easier.

I am forced to spin this stupid wheel once a day. I want to work for my skills, and I wanna earn the levels by working on the skills. But thanks to this wheel getting EXP is way too easy.

This is a stupid feature that shouldn't even be in the game in the first place.

The squeal of fortune does have problems, but not the ones you described. First off, the rune items... if you're lucky, you get two rune items a day. That's... 50k at most? That's a joke, I earn five times that every day even if I only do some minimal daily tasks. And most of the time, you're more likely to get cabbages or 50 coins.

I don't understand your problem about the items being untradeable. It does contradict your first point, and thus makes the complaint void.

The lamps don't seem too bad either. Huge lamps give something like 20k XP and they're much rarer than the medium and small ones, which give a few thousand. They are also bound to one certain skill most of the time. A drop in the bucket; again, you earn much more XP from normal activities.

You are not forced to spin the wheel. You can just X it out as far as I know. Not that I've ever tried - I'll take the chance for the lifetime membership if freely given.

Alright, it's time to talk about the squeal of fortune which is in my opinion one of the stupidest things in RuneScape.

First of all, you get free items. Why do I have a problem with this? Well, you can basically get rune weapons and cash without having to work for it. And that makes it way too easy to get money. The rune items are pretty common.

Please share your calculations that led you to this conclusion, or even explain to me how maybe 20k per day (being generous) is good money.

Another item that I have a problem with is those lamps. Why? Because it totally removes the challenge. Those lamps are ridiculously common. Which means you get get free exp without having to work for it.

Please share your calculations that led you to this conclusion, or even explain to me how maybe 5k per day (being generous, and for a lvl 90 skill) is good xp.

Secondly, what's the point this wheel if you can't even get rich off the rare items you get? I know this totally contradicts my first point, but making the rare items such as dragon platebodies untradable because they're "lucky" beats the whole purpose of the wheel, doesn't it? Since you already can get money easily off the rune items and 10K coins which is also common, I am surprised you can't make quick buck off those items.

You're supposed to use them.

But to be honest the fact that the rare items are untradable isn't a big gripe, after all, I already mentioned that the lamps, rune items and coins make it too easy. So having those items tradable would make something that is already too easy even easier.

I am forced to spin this stupid wheel once a day. I want to work for my skills, and I wanna earn the levels by working on the skills. But thanks to this wheel getting EXP is way too easy.

Since nobody else cares if you spin, it must be you forcing yourself which means consciously or subconsciously you want the money and xp.

This is a stupid feature that shouldn't even be in the game in the first place.

Agreed for different reasons, but what can you do? Its a marketing ploy and is serving it's purpose

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Rune items are pretty rare as far as I've seen. Even if they were common, it's not very much money. Lamps are the same way.

5-10k for free is usually more of a pleasant surprise than a game breaker, though I have yet to win anything worth more than 10k. You're usually getting about as much as the reward for Jack of Trades, or maybe a bit more if you're lucky (Spoiler: You probably aren't going to be lucky). In the end, you'll probably get less exp out of it during the week than you would from penguins.

Personally, I'd rather complain that my spins yesterday were 50gp and a bronze arrow :razz:

Alright, guys. I'm no longer doing that squeal, in fact I will X it once a day, the rare items are untradable anyway so I'm not missing much.

I will admit that the lamps do not give a lot of EXP but those lamps still mean you can basically get free EXP on a skill without having to train that skill, that's what I mean when I say "It removes the challenge", at least with the penguins it can be hard to spot them since they can hide well. So I'd say that the penguins are earned EXP.

Now with the free items. Yeah, the rune items are uncommon, but they're far from rare. When I span the sequel of fortune I got rune items every two days or so, so I stick to the fact that they are pretty common. Yeah, you're right, that's not a lot of money. But it still counts as free stuff that I don't have to work for to get.

Now I don't mind getting free stuff from random events because with random events there is at least some sort of a challenge.

Yeah, it is pretty easy stuff that the random events throw at us, but I still feel that I earned the items random events give us since it still counts as challenge.

I can only see this making a notable difference to an extremely casual player.

A totally unfounded estimate i just made up of averaging 6k gp and the equivalent to a small lamp a day from the rewards is going to be >0.2% the gold and >2% the xp a typical high level player will make a day, hardly a game changer.

Also, rune items are common? I haven't had a single one, with 4+ spins a day since the day of release. The only thing that could possibly be argued into a nerf is the xp lamps, but they're still pretty insignificant.

CNqWHdA.jpg

You know what? You're right, rune items aren't as common as I thought. I only got around two of them for the last spins I did.

10K coins isn't a lot, and the lamps don't give a lot of EXP.

I will admit it, this rant fails. I was exaggerating everything. Around 5K EXP a day is not a lot. And neither is 10K coins, or 50 coins which is more common.

I truly am an idiot for making this rant.

Come to think of it, I discarded most of the items I got. What does that mean? It means that the squeal sucks because there is too much junk, not because it makes everything easier.

I never toss anything out anyways. Unless it's something like an attack lamp on my skiller account.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I will admit it, this is hands down my worst rant topic. With my other rants topics I stick to what I said, but here even I will admit that I'm wrong.

I'm so sorry about wasting everyone's time with incorrect bullshit. I based my rant off of 5 days or so. That's why I got the fact that rune items are common wrong.

I really feel ashamed now.

I will admit it, this is hands down my worst rant topic. With my other rants topics I stick to what I said, but here even I will admit that I'm wrong.

I'm so sorry about wasting everyone's time with incorrect bullshit. I based my rant off of 5 days or so. That's why I got the fact that rune items are common wrong.

Oh, come on, don't worry about it.

This is far worse.

I SAW YOU ZERKER JANE!! YOU WANTED TO KILL ME -.-'

and dont feel ashamed blaze! watch a movie!! =P

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Squeal of Fortune does suck, just not for the reasons you stated. It's quite stupid that some of the best equipment in the game can be acquired through something as stupid as this.

Squeal of Fortune does suck, just not for the reasons you stated. It's quite stupid that some of the best equipment in the game can be acquired through something as stupid as this.

And that most likely you will maybe get it from the wheel in 5 years time spinning 2 times a day. So I think it is rather dull to say the wheel is stupid because of that...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Rune items are pretty rare as far as I've seen. Even if they were common, it's not very much money. Lamps are the same way.

5-10k for free is usually more of a pleasant surprise than a game breaker, though I have yet to win anything worth more than 10k. You're usually getting about as much as the reward for Jack of Trades, or maybe a bit more if you're lucky (Spoiler: You probably aren't going to be lucky). In the end, you'll probably get less exp out of it during the week than you would from penguins.

Personally, I'd rather complain that my spins yesterday were 50gp and a bronze arrow :razz:

Or where it stops on a Divine and then does a hop skip over to 50g.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Aw, come here big guy.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png