Warning!!! New way of Scamming!!!! A MUST Read!!!

Pur304

So you are all wondering what am I talking about right? Well let me explain...

I was buying an easter egg which he offered for 1.6mil (quite cheap) so I gladly accepted. The deal was to take place at EDGEVILLE.

I met him there. His name was . From his name and general appearance (He was wearing a green mask) I could tell he knew his stuff about runescape already.

Then he asked me a perculiar question. It was "Can you show me where to charge my prayer?". So I thought why not, I'll take him to the monastry. ID HAVE TO WALK THROUGH 2 LVLS OF THE WILDERNESS TO GET THERE!

So my Pking senses were alarmed then. He refused to sell me the egg until I showed him where to recharge his prayer.

Thats not it. Behind the house of oziach was a lvl 102 Ranger (He could attack me at lvl 2 wilderness) "innocently" high alching.

That immediately struck me that I was in a sinister plot to relieve me of my 1.6mil and other items I was wearing.

So I tried to outsmart him by travelling SOUTH of Edgeville. By the time we reached the path, he ran off back to Edgeville!!

So let this be a warning to you all.

Best of luck

Pur3

Edit: Just cleared up some bad spelling/grammar. Please post what you think, and any advice would be appreciated.

Mod Edit: No naming names

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warning. :D

Good thing you noticed what was going down before it was too late.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

this isnt really a scam, its more like teamwork

Actually, it is a scam..

And these kind of scams seem to get more popular lately.

If i ever go into the wild with valueble stuff like my santa for any reason i always bring hides and some sharks plus teles just incase, you shoulda taken him the long way round lmao.

I tried by going through barb village. It became clear when he ran north without a word.

If I go in the wilderness with a santa hat or mask, it's for fun, I 1-item with it.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

If I go in the wilderness with a santa hat or mask, it's for fun, I 1-item with it.

I was carrying cash to buy the item (he said he'd sell it to me AFTER *first strong sign*) And ofcourse, you don't keep cash when you die :evil:

I hope this get's stickied somewhere because this is probably the smartest teamwork scammed Ive ever come across. Also I wish I could say the name so no one does any deals with the guy, but ofcourse, it's against tip.it's rules.

Ok, I don't really understand how people don't see this as a blatant scam the second he wants you to enter the wilderness... That immediately should set off every single alarm in your head that this isn't a legit. deal.

I suppose people need to be warned about this but I think anyone with a single ounce of common sense should see this for what it is.

Ok, I don't really understand how people don't see this as a blatant scam the second he wants you to enter the wilderness... That immediately should set off every single alarm in your head that this isn't a legit. deal.

I suppose people need to be warned about this but I think anyone with a single ounce of common sense should see this for what it is.

The question he asked never implied anytihng about the wilderness. He asked, "Where can I recharge my prayer?". Not "Where in the wilderness can I charge my prayer?"

What defines a scam now though? I mean that luring you into the wild isnt a bannable or reportable offense. Its not scamming. Its stealing :)

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

What defines a scam now though? I mean that luring you into the wild isnt a bannable or reportable offense. Its not scamming. Its stealing :)

Lying to other players for your own personal gain is not in the spirit of the game.

i belive that does make it a bit of a scammable offense... although then again how it is worded makes this seem like it dances outside of the rules... but i still belive that this is a form of luring that is against the rules. (ex. of not against rules: trash talking/annoying until/standing around doing nothing until someone to get them to attack you, then running north to an ambush is okay, telling somone you know where a rune drop in the wild is, then taking them to an ambush is not.)

RAVE BREAK!

This happened to my friend trying to buy Red Phat.

Told him to meet him at the Rune Plate seller, and he went there with nothing because he was just price-checking and not actually buying.

So when the trade screen was up, some guy TB'ed him and the guy traded again and said "trade!" then next thing ya know Ancient Mager comes and kills him on the spot.

Didnt lose anything thankfully.

this isnt really a scam, its more like teamwork

Actually, it is a scam..

And these kind of scams seem to get more popular lately.

i believe the proper name is "luring"

skelesiggy3.jpg

Abyssal Demon Drops: 1 Abyssal Whips