Upcoming combat changes

Logdotzip

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random side-bar to the combat stuff but it just occurred to me the grass texture/shading is much more realistic in these in-game shots from the combat teasers in terms of general texture and greenness. Wonder if that'll be hitting main-game?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Source pls

EDIT : Nvm just saw the beta sign-up lol

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/the-evolution-of-combat-beta-sign-up

Also:

The closed beta will only be open to RuneScape members, so if you want to be in with a chance of experiencing the new combat system, be sure to sign up for RuneScape membership before the 1st June.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I guess we'll really be getting the short end of the stick this time.

The way they phrased this thing suggests that there will be an open beta later on, so it might just be "F2P gets the short end of the stick for a little bit longer than players who can't get in early".

The way they phrased it, to me, reads as the beta is open to any member who applies but everyone else will get to experience it soon after, meaning the ACTUAL update will be soon after.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The way they phrased it, to me, reads as the beta is open to any member who applies but everyone else will get to experience it soon after, meaning the ACTUAL update will be soon after.

The first batch of beta testers will be able to enter the game on the 26th June with all members gaining access shortly after. All members interested in taking part will be granted beta access before the full release, but we encourage you to register as early as possible to be in with a chance of being among the first to experience the update.

...Knowing Jagex, it could go either way.

"All members" means exactly that, all members. Non-members won't see it until it gets released in game.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The first batch of beta testers will be able to enter the game on the 26th June with all members gaining access shortly after. All members interested in taking part will be granted beta access before the full release, but we encourage you to register as early as possible to be in with a chance of being among the first to experience the update.

...Knowing Jagex, it could go either way.

To me it sounds like:

-Only members can apply

-a small batch of those who registered early can start the beta on June 26

-the rest will be able to try the beta a bit after that.

I doubt F2P is included, both from the wording and because this is Jagex...

I doubt F2P is included, both from the wording and because this is Jagex...

Exactly. Ever since the Veteran's Cape debacle they've been very careful about how they word things.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I have noticed that as well Jagex has 3 terms these days:

'community' = anyone who can access the forums.

'members' = paying members.

'players' = p2p and f2p alike.

Eg runespan was an update for all players, whilst this is a beta for all members.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

All members interested in taking part will be granted beta access before the full release,

This means that all members will have beta access after the 26th, before the full release, but not f2p. It's simple. But this is jagex, so lets wait and see.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014