New baked potato heals 22!

vicfung3

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes... actually it would. lol

Think about what you just said there. The "worthless" armor is simply expendable, which would be why you would use it.

Obviously... you can't compare armor to food. Those are two really different subject matters anyways.

Not only that, but your point makes absolutely no sense.

Just because you don't understand my point that doesn't mean it makes no sense.

The new potatoes have a use in that they allow much lower leveled people access to making food with healing that before was exclusive to high levels. It's a very useful update for smaller players.

I meant worthless in the context of having a value to the game, not any one player in particular.

Maybe you should reread what I said then. Because I recall stating that this is only useful for those people who can't fish/cook sharks. And that I'm positive of. Which still would make this update useless.

barihawk:

Experience is pointless really. The amount of exp you get in comparison to the time it takes probably isn't worth it anyways. Thats my prediction at least. And I haven't seen any numbers that say otherwise, yet.

A new option is great, but fish will probably always be the best. SImply because there isn't a whole lot involved in it.

EDIT: If yous wanna argue with me more... Go here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=2620842#2620842

I'd rather not keep discussing something off topic on this thread. Its not exactly fair to those who are here to read about what the topic suggests. I just thought I'd say my piece about this update as a whole. Wasn't expecting this to turn into an off topic debate.

EDIT2: Either go there, or PM me.

But you fail to factor in people who really do not care about time. If you look at my stats compared to the time I have been playing, I have been taking it easy. I'm also starting to get bored with runescape, so something that would occupy my time like making potatoes would be a welcome change of pace. Sure, I could go fish lobsters and cook them...but that would just be routine boringness. Also, this way I can close the awful gap between my fishing and cooking levels.

Will they replace sharks? Probably not. Will they replace Manta's? Maybe. Compared to foods that heal the same amount, they are rediculously easy to attain.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

those toppings makes me hungry and i haven't eaten all day :)

anyways back to topic. new use for farming, good cookign exp but time consuming = i will do them when i get bored with anything else in rs.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

EDIT: the manual was updated as well, 22hp! :shock: and only at lvl 68 cooking. this is obviously an attempt to make potatos more used... anyone think theyre going to be?

Yay, finally a use for my lvl 71 Cooking, before there was little point getting over 60 cooking unless you intended to cook shark.

blazesigbq9.jpg

they wont over take sharks, especially with this

selling 100 baked potatos 1kea egville world 2 l00k
. Prices will be to high for people to buy them, maybe if you make them on your own you might use them, but people are going to exploit the market for to long for them to catch on.
sig3gk6.png

Yes, the new potatoes are a lot of work. But, in some places, every possible advantage is very important. Tuna potatoes will definitely be used by some people trying for a fire cape. Also, stakers who duel with food, and some pkers will use this advantage. It can't be argued that these are useless next to sharks, when we already see that many people will go to a lot of trouble for a small bonus. For example, people will go to the trouble of getting infinity boots, which are only one point above wizard. These potatoes won't be used for training, but we're not expected to train with them.

kindness.png

But you fail to factor in people who really do not care about time. If you look at my stats compared to the time I have been playing, I have been taking it easy. I'm also starting to get bored with runescape, so something that would occupy my time like making potatoes would be a welcome change of pace. Sure, I could go fish lobsters and cook them...but that would just be routine boringness. Also, this way I can close the awful gap between my fishing and cooking levels.

Will they replace sharks? Probably not. Will they replace Manta's? Maybe. Compared to foods that heal the same amount, they are rediculously easy to attain.

I think the people who care about time obviously out weigh the people who don't.

And what do you think these potatoes will be after making maybe just 100 or so of them? Its going to be "routine boringness" as well, and you'll have a lot less potatoes then you'd probably have shark.

I like the effort Jagex is making, but even with the exp that was stated (if true)... it probably wouldn't be worth it. So you're whole better experience theory is thrown out the window right there as well. And the healing reward isn't even close to impressive. You'd think that something that took that much time and effort would at least headl 25, 26, or 28.

They're a lot easier to get then Mantas... I'll give it that much... but whether you like it or not... time is everything to most people. You wouldn't see some lvl 101 poking at a swarm of imps when they could be slashing away at Fire Giants. So why you would suggest that someone would take over double the time to get maybe an extra 100 exp (roughly) is beyond me as well.

I really don't even see why people who can't cook sharks would bother with this. It would be completely mind boggling if they did. I'm sure they could probably even benefit more by doing lobs or swordys.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Well, the tuna opens up a new market for f2p to sell to p2p. Harpoon, use swordies for yourself, sell tuna to members. Takes some of the focus of "lobsters, lobsters, lobsters, lobsters" which I think is good. Also gives people with decent cooking level but fairly low fishing level a chance to make good food.

It also gives a useful thing to do with all the sweetcorn I bet is sitting in the banks of many farmers, I know for sure I have 500+ myself - and it gives people with decent cooking level but fairly low fishing level a chance to make good food.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

hmmmm....

Possible to replace sharks?

I doubt it,swordfish heals more then lobs but more people still use lobs on f2p lol

u drunk?

sharks=p2p

it was an example

Potato = 22

Shark = 20

Swordfish = 14

Lobster = 12

They both have a 2 point difference

3hitssigfw3.png

hmmmm....

Possible to replace sharks?

I doubt it,swordfish heals more then lobs but more people still use lobs on f2p lol

u drunk?

sharks=p2p

I think the question you should be asking is... Are YOU, yourself, drunk?

His comparison made perfect sense.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

To go along with Garr, accquiring a full load of Swordfish takes a much longer time than to get a full load of Lobsters. Making baked potatoes can take a while, a much longer time than getting a full load of sharks I assume.

My two cents.

Jagex doesn't want to throw the balance off. For people who have really high fishing they deserve the easier sharks. For people who have high cooking (and w/e farming lvl it needs, I don't farm) they deserve something as well. It takes time because it only needs a low level to make.

If it was higher heal, a bunch of people would be mad about how its a waste of time to get high fishing level.

Aqua_Dragons.png

My two cents.

Jagex doesn't want to throw the balance off. For people who have really high fishing they deserve the easier sharks. For people who have high cooking (and w/e farming lvl it needs, I don't farm) they deserve something as well. It takes time because it only needs a low level to make.

If it was higher heal, a bunch of people would be mad about how its a waste of time to get high fishing level.

Well... I'm a guy who can fish shark, and obviously if my mind set is that the potatoes should heal more... there is bound to be someone else who thinks that. Lets face it... half the people that complain have no knowledge as to what they are even complaining about to begin with.

And thats yet another problem with most people. It all goes back to the fact that people don't take time into consideration.

Personally, I would do the potatoes if they were worth while doing. They just simply aren't considering all the work and time taken into it. Thats the only thing that is really keeping me from bothering with it. And I have the open option of fishing everything and I can cook up to Sea Turtles I believe.

And game balance is everything, I agree. The HP it heals just isn't balanced though.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I think the people who care about time obviously out weigh the people who don't.

And what do you think these potatoes will be after making maybe just 100 or so of them? Its going to be "routine boringness" as well, and you'll have a lot less potatoes then you'd probably have shark.

I like the effort Jagex is making, but even with the exp that was stated (if true)... it probably wouldn't be worth it. So you're whole better experience theory is thrown out the window right there as well. And the healing reward isn't even close to impressive. You'd think that something that took that much time and effort would at least headl 25, 26, or 28.

They're a lot easier to get then Mantas... I'll give it that much... but whether you like it or not... time is everything to most people. You wouldn't see some lvl 101 poking at a swarm of imps when they could be slashing away at Fire Giants. So why you would suggest that someone would take over double the time to get maybe an extra 100 exp (roughly) is beyond me as well.

I really don't even see why people who can't cook sharks would bother with this. It would be completely mind boggling if they did. I'm sure they could probably even benefit more by doing lobs or swordys.

okay well im 105, and i can tell you i would just loooove to have a swarm of imp to kill. *points to sig* ive just sat around killing imps on karmajar volcano just because i can. and i cant tell you that every little extra will be greatly apreciated. im going to make some of these new potatoes and time how long it takes me to make the whole thing. and yes i can fish and cook sharks too but this blows mantas out of the water with the pure spead of it even with having to farm the sweetcorn ( the potatoes can found in several spawn locations). but also when it can take 20 minutes for a load of shark that doesnt seem too apealing. the one slow down with the potatoes will probably getting the butter * milking and individually making the butter at churn*

I'll post here once im done with the timing

LK1

(

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations