New baked potato heals 22!

vicfung3

*quickly sells sharks before price goes down*

I doubt sharks will go down, I've been watching the official forums for the last few days and I didn't see any topics about buying or selling tuna baked potatoes.

It's a shame, as these heal the same as a manta ray and way more than shark, I would have thought stakers, pkers, KQ hunters, KBD hunters and people doing the Fight Caves would want to buy them. I mean two extra sharks worth of health is crucial for those people, yet no one wants that?

People should start making these things and then trying to sell them on the forums, at the duel arena and other food buying hotspots, maybe it would raise peoples awareness of them, since few people bother to read the news they wouldn't know about them.

Past few days? Oh funny, the Sweetcorn & Tuna potatoes were just released today, idiot :roll:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Past few days? Oh funny, the Sweetcorn & Tuna potatoes were just released today, idiot Rolling Eyes

30 January 2006 - Runesquares, Harpie Bugs and new potato recipes! Next

The Prince of Burthorpe is well known for his love of games and puzzles, and he's just learnt some new tricks! Runesquares and Runeversi are now available in the Burthorpe Games Room in addition to the usual games of Runelink and Draughts.

Runesquares involves players "drawing" lines in an attempt to create squares, scoring a point and gaining an extra turn for each square they complete. Runeversi is the Prince's version of Reversi, and uses the standard rules.

The stairs down to the Burthorpe Games Rooms can be found in the entrance hall of the Prince's Castle in Burthorpe, north-west of Falador. There is no entrance fee and there is a bar in which to relax between matches.

The natives of Karamja have been complaining recently of a new type of bug giving them a bit of trouble, so the slayer masters have decided to add this monster to their lists. Think you could help them out? If so, head to the northern coast of the island to find this new slayer monster (slayer level 33 required).

Beware: these bugs aren't easily hit, so you'll need to buy a special lantern from the slayer shops to distract them and make that killer blow!

Players can now use their culinary talents to make more baked potatoes. With toppings varying from a simple chilli-con-carne potato to a mushroom and onion fry-up, there's something for cooks of all levels. High-level cooks may find the tuna and sweetcorn potato to be very filling indeed...

Unfortunately, the ghasts in Mort Myre have got wind of this, and may now rot your potatoes - and your rare gout tubers - if you enter their swamp, so be extra careful.

To make baked potatoes with toppings:

1. Bake the potato on a range.

2. Add some butter.

3. Combine topping ingredients by chopping them into a bowl.

Ingredients for toppings:

* Chilli-con-carne: meat & spicy sauce (made from garlic and gnome spice).

* Egg and tomato: scrambled egg, tomato.

* Mushroom and onion: fried Bittercap mushroom, fried onion.

* Tuna and sweetcorn: tuna, cooked sweetcorn.

In other news, the Strange Box anti-macro event has been modified to ensure that it no longer penalises our colour-blind players. You'll now see a variety of shapes with numbers written on them; identify the required shape or number to open the box.

Who is the idiot?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Past few days? Oh funny, the Sweetcorn & Tuna potatoes were just released today, idiot Rolling Eyes

30 January 2006 - Runesquares, Harpie Bugs and new potato recipes! Next

The Prince of Burthorpe is well known for his love of games and puzzles, and he's just learnt some new tricks! Runesquares and Runeversi are now available in the Burthorpe Games Room in addition to the usual games of Runelink and Draughts.

Runesquares involves players "drawing" lines in an attempt to create squares, scoring a point and gaining an extra turn for each square they complete. Runeversi is the Prince's version of Reversi, and uses the standard rules.

The stairs down to the Burthorpe Games Rooms can be found in the entrance hall of the Prince's Castle in Burthorpe, north-west of Falador. There is no entrance fee and there is a bar in which to relax between matches.

The natives of Karamja have been complaining recently of a new type of bug giving them a bit of trouble, so the slayer masters have decided to add this monster to their lists. Think you could help them out? If so, head to the northern coast of the island to find this new slayer monster (slayer level 33 required).

Beware: these bugs aren't easily hit, so you'll need to buy a special lantern from the slayer shops to distract them and make that killer blow!

Players can now use their culinary talents to make more baked potatoes. With toppings varying from a simple chilli-con-carne potato to a mushroom and onion fry-up, there's something for cooks of all levels. High-level cooks may find the tuna and sweetcorn potato to be very filling indeed...

Unfortunately, the ghasts in Mort Myre have got wind of this, and may now rot your potatoes - and your rare gout tubers - if you enter their swamp, so be extra careful.

To make baked potatoes with toppings:

1. Bake the potato on a range.

2. Add some butter.

3. Combine topping ingredients by chopping them into a bowl.

Ingredients for toppings:

* Chilli-con-carne: meat & spicy sauce (made from garlic and gnome spice).

* Egg and tomato: scrambled egg, tomato.

* Mushroom and onion: fried Bittercap mushroom, fried onion.

* Tuna and sweetcorn: tuna, cooked sweetcorn.

In other news, the Strange Box anti-macro event has been modified to ensure that it no longer penalises our colour-blind players. You'll now see a variety of shapes with numbers written on them; identify the required shape or number to open the box.

Who is the idiot?

I got owned, :oops:

yes you were...

can we get back on topic and figure out how to let all of runescape know that theres now food out there thats better then sharks?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

After the last post that i wrote, i have been thinking... :roll:

How about a Trial Taster?

:arrow: To prove that it really heals 22hp in one bite!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Players that can provide these tuna potatoes including myself can be teamed up and locate themselves in a FOOD hot spot place like the fightpits etc.

AND...

Give out Delicious fast healing tuna potatoes at a discounted price of 500gp for this trial period!!! :D

(We will be needing Chefs and Buyers)

Who will be interested in this :?:

that might work... but I think most people will buy them at 500gp but not after... they cannot be sure of a steady supply...

contact me in pm or in game,

hiryuuko

you got that reversed... if they are willing to buy them for a high enough price (4k a piece is very reasonable) the steady supply will come...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Bake the Potato on a Range

Add Butter

Place tuna and sweetcorn in a bowl...im not sure if you need to cut anything so have a knife ready

Place bowl of topping on buttered potato...

Forgive me if it's vague, im just looking at the cooking manual in the RS client.

Thanks, I was hoping someone would look up the manual for me.

Well, I decided I wanted the 22 hp per bite, so I did a quest. Yes, making these things are just like a quest. If you are one of the folks like me that provide for themselves (mines his own essense, makes his own runes, etc) and doesn't just "buy" everthing, you'll enjoy this.

First I gathered some buckets and went milking cows. I was thinking I'll spend some time making 1000 baked potatoes, but it didn't take long to realize that just wasn't gonna happen.

So, I read that there was a butter churner in Yanille, and I knew that everything I would need was there, so off I went. I filled up with empty buckets and millked the cow 28 times. Seperate clicks. The vial filling has spoiled me.

Then I go to the butter churner and select butter. To churn one pat of butter takes a full 10 seconds. I can kill Dharok faster than that. And I had to do that 28 times. Now, the empty bucket doubles in your inventory, so really, you can only do 14 at a time, so I dropped alot of buckets on my first trip After 28 butters, I realized I was only gonna make 100 of them.

Making 100 butters took me close to an hour. Sheeeeesh. Okay, so now off to get some potatos. *thinks* Goodness, where exactly IS a potato patch, anyway? The first one I remember was at Lumby, so of I went. Didn't take too long, obviously, and I'm back at Yanille.

Cooked em up with my own willow log fire by the bank, and I actually enjoyed dusting off the tinderbox (BURNING LOGS IS NOT A SKILL!)

Buttered up my potatoes, and be careful here.... you'll eat a few by mistake. :oops:

Now, when I'm fishing for swordies, I'm always complaining that all I get is tuna, and tell everyone at the dock that my "anti-tuna-prayer" isn't working. So, I figured I'd be done soon. Of course, with the Luck of Leesters, I fished 23 swordies in a row. lol. Finally I got 100 tunas.

Now, due to farming, and because I figured all this harvest must be good for something, I saved alot of sweetcorn. If I didn't, then you'd be talking about growing your own sweetcorn which is another 45 minutes. But, another few willow logs, and i had some cooked sweetcorn.

Bowls respawn veeeeerrrryyyy slowly at the general store. *sigh*

To make a long story longer, over 4 hours to make 100 tuna/corn potatoes.

The heck with that!!! ;)

That will be the last time I do it, and it didn't warrant its own bank spot.

This might be fun nooby thing to do with a friend, but otherwise a pain in the rear.

Kinda like a quest. Hehe.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

A very interesting detail story you got there Leesters...

Oh the other hand, i didn't feel like it it was a chore making these, yes it does take a long time growing all those sweetcorn, but u dun have to wait for crops to grow, you can be doing something else... :lol:

hiryuuko: thanks for taking interest in this, how many tuna potatoes you have at the moment?

I had 100 to start with, but it tastes so yummy i ate almost half of it...will be making more now...

How many do you think we will need?

rsn:laputasky

i have 119 atm

ill be making more if theres a market for it... othwise ill go pk-ing/deathmatching/dueling with it

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

I have to admit, I am not member, but after studying several sources, I must conclude that the 2+ health is going to be just enough to create a market for our loyal potato.

Myself, I eat potatos every day at dinner, so I know how tasty they are :D

The price difference between lobsters (250ea raw/200ea cooked) and swordfishes (350ea raw/300ea cooked) is about 100gp. (fluctiating prices @ market)

They also have a health difference of +2. Now lobs heal 12.. swordies 14..

sharks which are 1k, because of higher requirements and more healing, they are a much higher price.

Now try folowing this: Higher requirements --> more xp. required. --> more effort required.

Now effort determines a partial of the price. If we follow 100x +250 = price (x is determined by 2 extra health it heals)

it means that the potatoes are 750 according to this formula.

The effort is about 240 minutes for a load of 100. That makes an average of 2.4minutes per potato. Sharks take far less effort. So it would make potatoes at a high price.

High price means a high offer of the product. Time will learn that market will stabalize at a certain price, about 3-5k per potato.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Leesters: 4hours for 100 patatoes... hum, did not took me that long... and I do all by myself too...

doing the butter while the sweetcorn are growing, (end-up with more butter than sweetcorn!)... fish tuna and cook them (and pick the left over tuna to!!)...

hiryuuko

hiryuuko.png

You don't really need that many bowls, as adding the topping to the potato empties them again.

Hudo is definitely the quick route to get extra milk and cream, both of which can be churned into butter. In fact, you can carry 28 cream without losing anything (like buckets) when you churn.

If ever there was a task screaming for an "-X", it's churning. More so than cooking ever was.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

Been trying to sell for 500gp....i can't believe no one is even slightest interested...

I don't think the world is ready for this yet...

Wellz...for those of you who can make this delicious 22hp one bite tuna pototo, might as well have them yourselves...

If i have any luck...i'll let u guys know.... :roll:

500?

omg... what can we do then...

appeal to all the help sites to help advertise this food?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YAY, i finally sold those fast healing tuna spuds for 1k ea....

I have orders already from players willing to pay for 1.5k each!!!

There is a market out there ppls....just have to advertise when you are fighting/pking, thats what i did! :wink:

not to make...

the point is:

if we make them, are there people willing to buy it at a reasonable price (2-3k)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

• 2 months later...

Well, for anyone reading this far along in this post, welcome. I have now made over 400 tuna potatoes before stumbling across this post and would like to suggest a few things I have learned along the way. Probably the easiest way to get the most corn is to use a scarecrow in each of the farming patches and always use supercompost while farming (farm your own pineapple plants or watermelon. Alternatively you can head out to karamja to pick pineapple or tele to the grand tree to purchase pineapple there). Potatoes, tuna and corn are easiest to cook in Catherby where the bank is next door to a range. Catching tuna will also gain you a lot of swordfish for your personal use later on.

Most importanly, you can now purchase butter directly from the new bank chest in lumbridge. There is only a max stock of ten once you finish all parts of the recepie for disaster quest so you might have to switch worlds to gain large amounts.

As for the methods needed to make this great tuna potato here are the steps I follow:

1. Cook all needed potatoes, tuna and corn in equal quantities.

2. Tele to lumbridge and purchase all needed butter from the Recepie for Disaster Bank Chest (will require world switching to purchase all)

3. Purchase five bowls while there.

4. Place one knife, five potatoes, five butters, five bowls, five corn and five tuna in your inventory.

5. Use the butter with your potato.

6. Use the bowls with your corn.

7. Right-click either the corn or the tuna and use it with the other.

8. Use the potato with the tuna/corn mixture.

9. Rinse and repeat.

I hope this helps you in your tuna potato making endeavors. Pm in rs if you have further questions. I am nephite11.

nephite11.png

dont bumb old topics... (srry didnt know what post to report :lol: )

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Most importanly, you can now purchase butter directly from the new bank chest in lumbridge. There is only a max stock of six however so you might have to switch worlds to gain large amounts.

Max stock of butter is 10, and it will only cost you 50gp to buy all 10.

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

dont bumb old topics... (srry didnt know what post to report :lol: )

I'll bet you're one of the first to scream "use the search button" as well.... New forum rules state that if you're adding a valuable contribution to an old post it is perfectly ok to bump old topics.

Would you really rather see a brand new topic with details of best technique to make a tuna potato?

Good post nephite.

Mordendravid.png