Stanced/Slammed/DUMPED Cars

Hugger_88

*NOTE: I do realise there is a car thread, but it has been dead and is totally different than this style of vehicles.*

For all of you who know what a 'stanced' or 'slammed' car is, what are your views on them? What do you like/dislike about them? Discuss it a little, post pics of your favorite cars!!

Stanced 93-97 Miata

Miata.jpg

Slammed S14 240sx Kouki

Kouki.jpg

Slammed 94 Lexus SC300

slammed.jpg

DISCUSS :D

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

I'm a huge car fan. I go to a lot of racing events and have done track days, and imo they look so bad it's not even on a scale.

Like, i don't understand the appeal at all. It simply ruins what could be a potentially good car by breaking it. That first car looks as if it's been dropped from 50ft and has smashed the suspension. The appeal can't be to make them look fast as it's obvious they can't go at any speed due to scraping on bumps, so what's the appeal?

It confuses me so much i really can't put it into words.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Oh wow, that's just terrible. People are going to just tap you on the shoulder and tell you that something's wrong with your car. Even worse is the "stanced" one. Having wheels that are angled like that, aside from the dangerous increase in tire wear, breaks the aesthetics and aerodynamics of the car. That's, uh, my opinion, anyway.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Always interesting to see what appeals to different people. In general, I would say that most modifications do not appeal to me, though it might be a side effect of the way many modified cars tend to be driven. The stanced car does look broken though. I can't say I find this to be of any appeal, along with just about everything else aside from added lights, removed doors on jeeps, and low profile tires on legitimate sports cars (honda civics are not sport cars).

I've seen a few driving around here, a guy had one back in High School. I always wondered how the [bleep] they handle bumps or slightly scaled ramps, such as driveways.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I have a friend who, while not this low, had a car that was built really low to the ground. It handles bumps exactly how you would expect: it scrapes bottom.

One time we were speeding back to school from lunch, and we hit a particularly bad dip. The girl sitting in the back smashed her head into the ceiling a foot and a half above her. It was amazingly funny.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I've seen a few driving around here, a guy had one back in High School. I always wondered how the [bleep] they handle bumps or slightly scaled ramps, such as driveways.

My friend has one, and it sounds more hassle than it's worth. It takes him a good half hour to even get it out of his garage due to the bump it has to get over. He can't drive a lot of roads because it can't go over speed bumps, or even some crested bridges.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I also think they look terrible... it would seem to hurt performance too, if you don't have as much tire touching the ground, along with all the other problems people said above. Look at the license plate on the miata, lol. Miatas are made to be one of the most fun cars to drive, and doing that to it takes all of that away...

2s0cxth.png

I also think they look terrible... it would seem to hurt performance too, if you don't have as much tire touching the ground, along with all the other problems people said above. Look at the license plate on the miata, lol. Miatas are made to be one of the most fun cars to drive, and doing that to it takes all of that away...

Giving your wheels a bit of a camber angle can be used to increase lateral performance (turning) at the cost of much increased tire wear. However, if you take it too far you'll just incinerate the tires and reduce performance at the same time.

Slamburglars? The [bleep] was he thinking?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Today I learned TIF hates cars with stunted height.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Some photos of mine.

tumblr_m5ohggIk0N1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m51yjtUzJ51rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m51yn8mxHD1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1uw2wFVne1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1uw3hg6Po1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1uw1yetGn1rt14keo1_500.jpg

6617788605_5da05bb645_z.jpg

OP, is that SC in your signature yours? If so, very clean. Always had a soft spot for them.

I do believe that there are owners that take this whole fad a little too far, either having just way too much camber, or being so low that it's damn near impossible to drive.

But there are also the owners that know what they're doing, and have done modifications that are very tasteful and are executed very well.

Also consider that a good portion of these cars have air ride suspension, so they are not ALWAYS that low.

Michael_Jordan_Sig_by_alozz.jpg

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

• 6 months later...

Some photos of mine.

tumblr_m5ohggIk0N1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m51yjtUzJ51rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m51yn8mxHD1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1uw2wFVne1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1uw3hg6Po1rt14keo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1uw1yetGn1rt14keo1_500.jpg

6617788605_5da05bb645_z.jpg

OP, is that SC in your signature yours? If so, very clean. Always had a soft spot for them.

I do believe that there are owners that take this whole fad a little too far, either having just way too much camber, or being so low that it's damn near impossible to drive.

But there are also the owners that know what they're doing, and have done modifications that are very tasteful and are executed very well.

Also consider that a good portion of these cars have air ride suspension, so they are not ALWAYS that low.

Not meaning to bump an old thread, but I kinda fell off tif for a few months and just came back.

I REALLY hope you see this Nazlew, because you might have just became my best friend.

Those photos are GREAT. You need to see V2Lab on facebook, they would crap bricks over those photos. It's a page with over 120k likes and is all about the lowered car lifestyle. And no, that SC is not mine. I was in the process of buying it when the guy backed out and traded for a 350z or something ( :sad: ) and I've been saving since.

Also guys, I do agree some look ridiculous, but all that aside, it's just like any other car. People make cars powerful to go fast, people lift trucks to go offroading. People lower their cars to show them off. I highly doubt alot of these are daily drivers. The camber is just a way to let the car go lower.

Drifters in particular camber wheels in the rear to break traction easier, and camber in the front for full tire contact at full steering lock. It's all just opinion.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)