Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 11/13/12

The_Gabe

Cod4 competitive scene was great

since that point, heh

This. The competitive scene has been a complete joke since then. All the competitive matches I've watched, they all have killstreaks and perks and attachments and all that, which is a joke.

Also a bit of self-plugging :>

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

That was a great watch and I was kind of analysing it for myself, you're pretty good, with the way you were playing, but both the other team and your team were pretty bad, that's what made you get such a good score :P.

That was a great watch and I was kind of analysing it for myself, you're pretty good, with the way you were playing, but both the other team and your team were pretty bad, that's what made you get such a good score :P.

You're just jealous Leik kills the [bleep] out of everything in CoD

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

No, I just noticed that there are multiple shots where he was at a disadvantage and the enemy didn't shoot him. I never seem to get in games with enemies like that. In the games I get, try even running through the middle of the map like he does a lot of times, and you get shot almost instantly.

No, I just noticed that there are multiple shots where he was at a disadvantage and the enemy didn't shoot him. I never seem to get in games with enemies like that. In the games I get, try even running through the middle of the map like he does a lot of times, and you get shot almost instantly.

I do that a lot of the time too, but I've played with/against MLG guys.

max.png 50.png

I do that a lot of the time too, but I've played with/against MLG guys.

I'm happy competitive leagues have banned dual wields, Dual B23R's, Dual Kap40's most OP'd weapons I've ever seen.

That video makes me miss Console CoD. I feel like on PC players are a lot better in general. Sure, i'm not the greatest player. Probably just above average if that, but keeping a 1.0+ can be a real challenge sometimes. I remember back on console, when i finally fixed my connection problems, i would get chopper gunners and dogs every other game, if not every game. On PC i struggle to get a Sentry on BO2 sometimes. Pubstomping just seems to be so much easier on xBox :\

That video makes me miss Console CoD. I feel like on PC players are a lot better in general. Sure, i'm not the greatest player. Probably just above average if that, but keeping a 1.0+ can be a real challenge sometimes. I remember back on console, when i finally fixed my connection problems, i would get chopper gunners and dogs every other game, if not every game. On PC i struggle to get a Sentry on BO2 sometimes. Pubstomping just seems to be so much easier on xBox :\

It may be a personal thing, but I've always felt my aim and abilities are better on PC then on console. I think aiming with a keyboard and mouse is more natural to me then console but I think it comes down to personal preference. I recently just started using a SCUF controller on XBox for no other reason to make it more ergonomically appropriate for COD. I didn't pay for one though lol, I learned back in my days of high school how to map PCB boards, so with $4 for switches, $2 for a piece of lexan, and grabbing the necessary screws from my work I put my own together with a spare controller I had laying around. It doesn't so much assist with aiming if for no other reason I don't have to move my thumb from the right joystick to hit A or B to jump/knife (I play on tactical) and with the trigger stops the FAL is gross because Select Fire is banned in MLG, UMG, etc.

I won't lie it was a lot easier for me to adjust to aiming on PC. Aiming with a mouse is really easy once you get used to it. I also find that the ability to customize your key-layout makes most other things a lot easier (like dropshotting, jumpshotting, panic knifing, etc.). When i play i hardly have to move a finger to do what i need to do.

That particular match was above average, obviously. In an average match, I usually end with 40-60 kills and 5-15 deaths. Those used to be one-off kind of matches, but now that's my average game, whereas say 25 kills and 20 deaths matches very rarely happen to me, but they do happen.

I'm not sure if it's because I get some sort of connection advantage (I only play during the night, 3-6am GMT), or if the average skill level in the game has dropped quite severely.

Decreased my sensitivity the other day though, trying to improve my aim, so maybe that is kicking in too.

On the subject of the competitive leagues and whatnot, I really do not approve of killstreaks, perks and such being available for those matches. I feel like they can still gain an advantage over the other by using a specific setup. I think it should be just stock guns, pistol (Tac-45/Five-Seven), flash/smoke and 1 frag, with no perks or killstreaks. Then it's purely based on skill.

Cod4 competitive gaming was like that, and it was amazing. An average promod player could enter pub and absolutely annihilate the server, whereas if a pubhero were to join a promod server, they would get torn apart.

I miss that.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

wat.

In what universe are the current SMG's useless? It's only on Turbine and in some cases on Carrier where Assault rifles can easily outgun SMG's, but in most cases SMG's can easily outgun assault rifles.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

The nerf made SMG's underpowered, where the KAP40 dominates any close encounter and FAL's and M8's can outgun SMG's at close range. SMG's were nerfed so hard that even if you have first shot on an AR close range, the sheer amount of bullets it takes now still allows time for an AR runner to turn on you and dominate, I've done it plenty of times and I've had it done to me plenty of times in battles you clearly should win. Due to that fact alone, a lot of the teams have switched from a 2-3 SMG with 1 AR for anchor to 3 AR and 1 SMG set up depending on the gametype.

You expected the developers of a CoD game to do something right?

It's basically Jagex in disguise lol

Well for once, they are making things right by going back to pre-patch.

I suppose you're right

but I wasn't around for the patch so I wouldn't know what actually happened to the efficiency of some guns. :l

max.png 50.png

I hadn't noticed any change with the chicom though. Kept having quite good games with it.

Don't know how people can do well with that gun. I started using it the other day and it feels like i have to put 4 or 5 bursts in someone before they die. I struggle a lot to go positive with that gun. Think best i've gone with it was something like 25 - 10 using lethals.

I hadn't noticed any change with the chicom though. Kept having quite good games with it.

Don't know how people can do well with that gun. I started using it the other day and it feels like i have to put 4 or 5 bursts in someone before they die. I struggle a lot to go positive with that gun. Think best i've gone with it was something like 25 - 10 using lethals.

put a suppressor and laser sight on that bad boy as well as select fire and you'll be killing fools in no time

max.png 50.png

Yeah that's actually all i needed, Select Fire. I mean, i had a few decent games with it without it, but since getting it it became a lot better. It really is one of those "love it or hate it" guns. Either you do really well with it or really bad. Sometimes it takes me 4 - 5 bursts to get a kill, sometimes it takes me 2. I guess it really just depends on connection. But i now use it with Quickdraw, Selectfire and Extended Clip. I started using Quickdraw on all my guns about a week ago and now it's really hard for me to play without it. On a slightly different note, i managed to get my 3rd Gold SMG. MSMC and Peacekeeper should be next as i am pretty close with both of them. Not sure why i never worked on getting Diamond SMGs earlier. It's actually not that hard. More of an annoyance running around with no perks/attachments. But it's fun. Should be able to get Diamond SMGs before i hit the next Prestige (which will also be Master, haha).

Yeah that's actually all i needed, Select Fire. I mean, i had a few decent games with it without it, but since getting it it became a lot better. It really is one of those "love it or hate it" guns. Either you do really well with it or really bad. Sometimes it takes me 4 - 5 bursts to get a kill, sometimes it takes me 2. I guess it really just depends on connection. But i now use it with Quickdraw, Selectfire and Extended Clip. I started using Quickdraw on all my guns about a week ago and now it's really hard for me to play without it. On a slightly different note, i managed to get my 3rd Gold SMG. MSMC and Peacekeeper should be next as i am pretty close with both of them. Not sure why i never worked on getting Diamond SMGs earlier. It's actually not that hard. More of an annoyance running around with no perks/attachments. But it's fun. Should be able to get Diamond SMGs before i hit the next Prestige (which will also be Master, haha).

:)

Yeah; I can't remember what gun I used (the stock class machine gun that was unfairly OP)

But throw quickdraw, target finder, and FMJ on it and watch the unfair kills rack up.

max.png 50.png