Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 11/13/12

The_Gabe

This is the first cod that I actually don't have fun playing at all. I don't know if I've changed or if cod has changed. All previous cods were really enjoyable and I could have a good time playing with friends and such but now it just feels kind of dead. Anyone else have this?

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I started building up a collection of really fun single player games over the last few weeks (on PC and xBox, new and older games) and ever since then i pretty much stopped playing CoD completely. I just don't have nearly as much fun on it as i used to. In my opinion BO2 is one of the better CoD games. It's a lot more balanced than any other CoD game, but i'm finding it to become "too balanced". Everything is become a bit too good. The community is shit 90% of the time. On PC, if you have a KDR of 3.0+ in any game chances are you're going to be called a hacker multiple times. 12 year old boys shouting over mics, being rude and ignorant (sadly, i find them to be American most of the time [not sure what the hell is wrong with your education system or if your parents just don't give a shit that you're an obnoxious, ignorant, little brat]), the whole concept of team work and objective play is one unknown to most of the community. Won't be getting Ghosts.

I've fallen in love with the AN-94 with select fire. I like the faster fire rate in BO2 compared to the one in BF3, which is nice with my XIM.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I started building up a collection of really fun single player games over the last few weeks (on PC and xBox, new and older games) and ever since then i pretty much stopped playing CoD completely. I just don't have nearly as much fun on it as i used to. In my opinion BO2 is one of the better CoD games. It's a lot more balanced than any other CoD game, but i'm finding it to become "too balanced". Everything is become a bit too good. The community is shit 90% of the time. On PC, if you have a KDR of 3.0+ in any game chances are you're going to be called a hacker multiple times. 12 year old boys shouting over mics, being rude and ignorant (sadly, i find them to be American most of the time [not sure what the hell is wrong with your education system or if your parents just don't give a shit that you're an obnoxious, ignorant, little brat]), the whole concept of team work and objective play is one unknown to most of the community. Won't be getting Ghosts.

Apparently in my country it's easier to give them a gaming system and let that do the babysitting. Which is all good and well but these parents just let them play and don't even monitor what they're doing. We all get frustrated, and a couple years ago before I bought my house I was living with my parents and they even STILL yell at me if my language got out of hand haha. My parents have NEVER stopped being parents. It's quite sad to see.

I haven't touched BO2 or any COD in WEEKS. With the impending release of XBox One and PS4, I decided to update my gaming computer. It's now boasting 16GB of RAM, a 128 GB SSD for my OS, basic program installs, and a 500GB Samsung 840 Series SSD for all my game installs. Core i7 3770K 3.5 GHz CPU with a Hyper 212 Evo cooler at which I have it overclocked to 4.2GHz (I could go higher but I want to make sure it can maintain proper CPU temps before I decide to go higher). I then dropped in a Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 GHz Edition GPU, which I'm going to overclock here fairly soon. All wrapped in a pretty Define Fractal R4 case.

kap40's outclass primaries?

JAGEX'D

Lol you just realized this? They nerfed them but obviously not enough as they still crap on SMG's in CQB and can even outshoot AR's from medium range. It's a complete joke.

I rented this game when it first came out but had no interest in purchasing it. I recently bought Cod 4 on pc and have been having fun with that. Maybe I'll get the new one when it's released.

Tg_Ibe.png

ehh kind of nervous if my laptop would be able to handle some of the newer games.. I'll have to look into it when they are released

Tg_Ibe.png

That's encouraging. I can run everything I have right now on Max details without much difficulty but then again nothing I have right now is that impressive.

Tg_Ibe.png

hi there please keep discussion of battlefield games to the official battlefield thread also located in the videogames subforum of off topic

i don't want there to be any... accidents

for reals though the last cod game i was actually good at was cod4 and i think that was because i had enough time to learn all the maps and movement tricks and guns and shit and nowadays i really only have time to play a couple of rounds of whatever server has people in it (usually some hc ffa shit). bo2 was probably my favourite cod game since mw1 but it's still kinda eh.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Everything feels like it's always overdone, with all the fancy perks and killstreaks. COD4 kept it simple and enjoyable.

Tg_Ibe.png

Black Ops 2 was the first game I bought brand new. Probably won't buy any more games for the xbox 360. I've been thinking about investing in a PC to play games that way instead. Plus, i doubt more call of duty will be good for me psychologically.

But, while I'm still semi-interested in it, working towards diamond assault rifles. Got the SWAT, M8, and SMR left. Swat sucks ass without select fire, and even then it still sucks. Doing the no perks and no attachments at the same time is going to be a drag.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 1 month later...

Fianlly decided to start playing some League. Should have done this a long time ago, to be honest. So much more fun. I seem to do a lot better in League than i do in Pubs, but only when i manage to get a semi decent connection. I don't know why, but i keep getting put in games where i have 180+ Ping which makes it so hard for me to compete in a gunfight.

• 9 months later...

I just ran into the funniest kid on BOII. Please read the whole conversation. It's funny. Here's how the conversation goes:

Me: greenwall baby        //commenting on his emblem, since I was an Optic fan

Him: u suck u dont even have 1 nuclear

Me: my kd and spm are better than yours. just means i don't sit back and play passive for a medal

Him: go check my vault i have a 60 and 58 gun streak u only have 2 brutals u suck

Me: but your kd and spm are lower. if you're so good, why are they low? i've even mstered every gun in the game              

//His kd is 1.79, spm is 381 (mine is 1.98 and 401; not a big difference, but he was being stupid and nitpicky, so i was going to as well); all his kills are with guns like M8A1, AN-94, FAL, MK48

Him: since ur kd and spm min are so good then why havent u got a nuke oh wait i forgot us suck or use shitty guns same thing <3

Me: i like to do challenges and like rushing. why do you think you're so much better than me because you have a couple nuclears? what a joke

Him: im not saying im better then u im saying it is terrible that after 14 days of (rushing) u have never got a nuke ;)

At this point, I go check his vault and watch the two full gameplays he has on there and lo and behold, they are the most pathetic nukes I've ever seen:

1. playing multi-team with a full party (two other dudes get nukes and unstoppables as well)

2. whole team is running support (uav, cuav, vsat)

3. enemy teams are literally all split screeners who are first rank and have absolutely no thumbs (these kids didn't react at all  to this kid running around in front of them)

4. playing hardpoint, juggling the hill for vsats, and LOSING THE GAME

So, I replied with the following, and his reply is absolutely priceless

Me: im saying its sad that your high gunstreaks and nuclears are in multiteam hardpoint with a full party running support for you against first rank split screeners who have absolutely no thumbs. soo pro dude

Him: hey im about to reset will u play teamdeath with me and run vsat uav and counter uav because that was a good point and i dont want to do this all day

Me: lol, i was just saying hi to a fellow greenwaller. you started it. nah, i don't want to run support for you. but good luck trying to get a tdm nuke playing solo dude :)

I thought it was hilarious.

EDIT: I just realized, maybe he thought I had called him a "baby" in my first message. Oops. I was saying it more like, "go greenwall, baby!"

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

But it's soo hard when you don't have a little keyboard for your controller. :P

So I'm down to my last weapon to use in BOII, the Assault Shield. I'm going to hate it, and it's going to bring my SPM and K/D down quite a bit, which bothers me. But after that, I'll have everything mastered (except the Peacekeeper).

Then I can finally play the game! :P

EDIT: Finished the Assault Shield. Was easier than I expected, probably because I got a little better at using it. Still did means things to my stats. With other weapons, it was frustrating because I'd only get 2-3 headshots per game. The assault shield was frustrating because I could barely win any fights unless i caught them off guard. But the nice thing was that if I got 5-6 kills in a game, I knew all of them would count towards the kills with the assault shield.

I now have that fancy playercard that has the dude in the suit on it for mastering both all primaries and all secondaries.

I feel like I've finished the game. I'll still come back to it, but having played nearly 15 days, I'm content with where I'm at. Maybe I'll go for an even 2.0 k/d (at 1.97 now).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 3 weeks later...

I gave in and got this on console today. Ummm.... people in my region are really bad. I'm currently on a 2.5 KD, i had a 35 - 1 game the game i decided to try out the Loadstar, and i'm actually doing pretty well over all. This is so much easier than on PC.