Tip.It Times: Homeless New Items

oddfaery2

About the mention of the Dragon Pick and Dragon 2H in the hi-scores ...

Well, notice that the picture of somebody holding a Dragon 2H doesn't just show a differently colored rune 2H, if you know what I mean. Since they apparently have a look planned for a Dragon 2H, this may be a sign that they are going to add one soon. Same with the pick.

Think about that one. :wink:

EDIT:

It is not a pointless arguement, PM me if you care to continue.

Anyway, yes, I have trouble trying to fit all of it :(, I think for every three items that come out, 1 space for p2p, and for every 10 items, 1 for f2p.

That is a good idea, but that should only count for useful items. We shouldn't get more bank spaces just because JaGex creates an especialls long quest which has a bunch of items. I mean, that's more items, but who honestly kept the "Sand" from "The Hand In The Sand", or the lump of granite from "Enakhra's Lament"?

The only thing like that that I ever kept was the fake person from "Troll Stronghold". :P

yeeeeeeah2pv.png

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before this week's TipIt Times, I thought lack of bank space was endemic only to us f2pers, but the article made me realize that it's a universal problem.

You'd think that Jagex, after going through all the trouble and expense of making all these fun, interesting items (random events, Barrows, treasure trails, etc.) that they'd have the foresight to make sure everyone could keep all the stuff they find interesting or amusing or plain useful, especially the members. Apparently, Jagex lacks that kind of foresight, though, and many people have to sacrifice the new items they want in order to store the skill items they need.

I like AshKaYu's suggestion of one p2p space for every three new items and one f2p space for every ten new items. It's fair to the member by giving them nearly 66% more than f2pers, it's fair to f2pers by giving them more than the shaft, and it allows everyone to keep more of the things they want or need to play RS effectively.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

everyone needs more bankspace. or maybe less stupid items from jagex? nah, thatll never happen. all these people talking about 3 to 4 lines of f2p bank space. it will never happen. ever. dw, im f2p, so i no how frustrating it it. at most they will finish off the half-line of bank space we have (adding a grand total of 4 bank spaces).

Stallion4589.png

I mean, that's more items, but who honestly kept the "Sand" from "The Hand In The Sand", or the lump of granite from "Enakhra's Lament"?

Honestly, I kept the "Sand", and have gotten more, and there are others like me.

Very informative article. Reminded me that I was realizing recently that once I took up farming again (I still have slots reserved for it), I would not have much space for herblore.

Also, very good point on the t & sc taters. I really like to make pizzas, but yeah, the cheese takes a while to churn.

I think this update may encourage people to start farming-- or at the very least, will see more farmers keeping their sweetcorn. I can't count the number of times I've been farming and I found large drops of them.

I think Jagex should give us 1 more extra bank space for every 5 or 10 new items they add, or something like that. I don't know what the ratio of useful items to non-useful items that they add is, but i'm guessing from every new quest there are usually between 5 and 10 new items, and only one we really want to keep. It would also give non-questers some extra bank space for all the over new items they add.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I have to say that that's a good idea ashkayu.

But i have to add that I, a lvl 60 palyer on f2p do not have the need for more bank space.

I actually have another row empty.

And i still have the zombie head, marionette, and all the scarves in my bank.

F2phas a need for more space, but try to use your bank as efficient [wagon] possible in the mean time.

500-600 bankspaces is a great idea but i think it will be impossible to find something fast i can find something already hardly now so then it will be even harder.

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

What ever happened to the "Did You Know" section? :roll:

It has been discontinued until further notice. Read more about the reasons why here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=2579399

Thanks

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Nice article! It's only the second time that I read the Tip.It times, but I loved them both :D .

We have all the old articles archived, so if you liked those maybe you'll like the old ones too ;)

http://tip.it/runescape/?times=archives

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

i agree. f2pers do need more bank space. i think that 3 or 4 more lines of space would do it.
The question is: Why? :) I mean okay, we have clothes from random events, some of us collect rares, then there's armour and weapons, but once you know how to organize your banks properly you don't need much space at all. :)

Ahem...

Let me dig up this old topic where i explained it

Here it is

im f2p and i don't need extra bank space

i wonder how you filled your bank :?

Are you serious?

I'm craving for bank space. I always have to wear stuff to make it fit. And I dont keep useless junk, i just lvl a lot of skills (and even if not...)

I would like everyone who says they need more bankspace to send me screenies of yoru bank and I gaurantee I can find at minimum 15 things you can dump out of your bank.

Go ahead:

mijngeld2201067vq.jpg

Note that i already dropped/sold things like fly fishing rods, tiaras (i dont train rc anymore), ores and bars, and a rune kite. Also note that most of my gems are crafted already, that i dont have any logs, nor a tinderbox.

To top it all, I am wearing 5 items that normally would take space (mime legs, boots, gloves, top, addy arrows)

You didnt say p2p bank, did you :P

drop the aprons, make your saphys into amulets, get more wool and string them all, sell salmon and feathers, sell/drop green capes... sell r2h as it's almost useless, sell/drop addy scimmys, and sell your rings to members... that's 10 or 11 spaces...

Dont you think I will do that? Of course I will. But in the mean time of doing it, i'm out of bank space, and THATS the problem...

A few things: aprons = crafting guild, salmon is for cheap healing, feathers is for fishing.

I forgot to mention that I also cant look like i want, since i have no space for the "new fashion scarves", and stuff like that :D

Before this week's TipIt Times, I thought lack of bank space was endemic only to us f2pers, but the article made me realize that it's a universal problem.

Yes it very much is, farming alone can take 5 rows, herblore 5 or 6 if you keep herbs, seconds and potion stocks. Most member skills have items, ever thieving although it's only one. Also there are quests and places and items for the 2/3 of the members map that doesn't exist in free, lots of keys, and so on. I have to clean my bank out at least once every week or two.

I feel especially sorry for the people who were members and now have to squeeze their stuff down to fit into the free bank.

Another thing jagex needs to consider is a way to sort or organize the bank. For example, a button that you click that instantly puts all your armour and weapons first, then items for skills (farming, herblore, smithing, etc.), then useless but collectable stuff like phats, frog suits, bear heads, masks, berets, and so on.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

Yes it very much is, farming alone can take 5 rows, herblore 5 or 6 if you keep herbs, seconds and potion stocks. Most member skills have items, ever thieving although it's only one. Also there are quests and places and items for the 2/3 of the members map that doesn't exist in free, lots of keys, and so on. I have to clean my bank out at least once every week or two.

I feel especially sorry for the people who were members and now have to squeeze their stuff down to fit into the free bank.

Another thing jagex needs to consider is a way to sort or organize the bank. For example, a button that you click that instantly puts all your armour and weapons first, then items for skills (farming, herblore, smithing, etc.), then useless but collectable stuff like phats, frog suits, bear heads, masks, berets, and so on.

Since I only came back recently (3 days) after quitting for 7 months, I was planning to spend a bit of time in free world but since I was a past member, I had no access to my bank =.=

nice article, but dragged on a bit. maybe a bit more useful to get advise about what we can drop. theres some old quest junk i've got, i dont know whether i'll need it again or not. a list might be very helpful. i.e.:plague suit, sheep prod, ghostspeak ammy, and much more

Merged your reply to this topic. ~misterxman

nice article, but dragged on a bit. maybe a bit more useful to get advise about what we can drop. theres some old quest junk i've got, i dont know whether i'll need it again or not. a list might be very helpful. i.e.:plague suit, sheep prod, ghostspeak ammy, and much more

what is and isn't useful is completely based on the way a player plays the game and by what means they raise the skills they do...

e.g. things like buckets and bowls may be absolutely useless to one player, and vital to another... Full rune is useful for a PKer but not for a skill totaller... advice on what to keep or not is entirely individual.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

ghostspeak ammy

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

very usefull to training pray and smith at port phantasm 8)

I still think the bankspace issue could be overcome. More things like the tool leprechaun for the farming equipment. How about a fishing leprechaun? Or more things like coal trucks, only not just for coal? A Druid master to hold your herbs? OK, there would be a problem that all your items were not in one place, but if I could stack 10 herbs with someone else I wouldn't mind walking.

Cultjunky.png

I still think the bankspace issue could be overcome. More things like the tool leprechaun for the farming equipment. How about a fishing leprechaun? Or more things like coal trucks, only not just for coal? A Druid master to hold your herbs? OK, there would be a problem that all your items were not in one place, but if I could stack 10 herbs with someone else I wouldn't mind walking.

i thought about this when the leprechauns came out...it would be useful to get the seeds with them too, but that would ruin the whole idea of bank pins. If we could get like 1 row per month that would be awesome, and enough for all i think.

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt