Best chaotic EoC?

AuburnFury

Hey guys, just got my first 200k tokens, wondering with the EoC, what my best choice would be?

It'll be most used for slayer / training as i don't really boss (unless it is actually considerably easier with a particular weapon!)

I originally wanted a rapier, but with dual wielding, it doesn't feel like the almighty weapon it was pre-update, I've been leaning towards the maul, simply because it's a lot more weapon for the same price, and in dungeons the 2H own, is this the case outside of dg?

Thanks for the help :)

auburnfury.png

Chaotic Maul is probably the best first buy.

Seeing as good crush is kinda costy (sara sword, torag hammer or verac flail).

But I'd make sure you also grab yourself Korsai's Sword or something for stab.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd actually suggest a Zamorak Spear for stabbing. Same tier as godswords and sara sword

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Well, the biggest upgrade would the the chaotic Crossbow (tier 50 to tier 80), and Torag's is quite good and Sara Sword is like 1.5m now? Vine whip and EEE is also better than Dual CLS and doesnt degrade.

I've seen this posted quite a bit, can you explain why? I assume it's the passive effects? Because stat-wise dual CLS's should surely have higher DPS?

Cls/Cls have higher DPS, but Vine Whip/EEE is second. CLS/EEE is a bad idea because CLS slows down EEE and results in fewer hits from EEE (and thus less healing) and lower DPS.

Chaotic crossbow is only as good as the bolt you are willing to use, and is generally only used for bossing due to its special bolts, for slaying, I recommend either Black Sally or Karil Crossbow (Black sally wins by miles due to its ridiculously cheap ammo and no degrade).

Chaotic maul have T75 counter part Saradomin sword, given the price of the GE mid (1.6M last time i checked), if you are going to use it to slay, Sara sword would be cheaper in the long run (it is already cheaper than the maul before you even use the maul if you repair it before first use, unless of course you are using tokens). Verac Flail and Torag hammers are inferior still (only t70), but the weapons themselves are dirt cheap, and even cheaper upkeep cost than Maul.

My weapon of choice, as a first weapon, will lean towards a Rapier, since you dont have many 1h stab choices, since the next best choice is korasi's sword, some 15 tiers behind.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Well, the biggest upgrade would the the chaotic Crossbow (tier 50 to tier 80), and Torag's is quite good and Sara Sword is like 1.5m now? Vine whip and EEE is also better than Dual CLS and doesnt degrade.

"Tier". Do you mean "Level" good sir?

eugqe.jpg

[dumb image spam]

Funny thing is.... I don't know which word you are talking about.

Cls/Cls have higher DPS, but Vine Whip/EEE is second. CLS/EEE is a bad idea because CLS slows down EEE and results in fewer hits from EEE (and thus less healing) and lower DPS.

No.

CLS/CLS and CLS/EE have higher attack stats but slower speed.

When you follow the math through properly the above being 'fast' (EE in 2nd case is slowed by the cls) results in lower DPS than vine whip/ee that have slightly lower attack stats but run at fastest. They are close enough in attack power that the added speed means their DPS comes out slightly better.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No.

CLS/CLS and CLS/EE have higher attack stats but slower speed.

When you follow the math through properly the above being 'fast' (EE in 2nd case is slowed by the cls) results in lower DPS than vine whip/ee that have slightly lower attack stats but run at fastest. They are close enough in attack power that the added speed means their DPS comes out slightly better.

I'v found attack speeds matter a lot less if you're constantly using your ability's, which is what I tend to do. So cls is still better then. It's only when you run on momentum that attack speeds make a huge difference.

user1-dark.png

If you are going to use abilities, then you might as well use 2Handers, there are VERY few abilities that actually uses damage from both weapons, and only 1 of which (strictly 2, but both share CD, so practically only 1) is a basic ability, and that is on a 10s CD, rest of the time you will be spamming 3s/5s abilities, which DW are far inferior at compared to 2H.

Had Havoc/Decimate either not shared CD or are shorter CDs, I would have probably leaned towards using abilities too, but for now, 2h are superior than DW if you are going to use abilities.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

"Tier". Do you mean "Level" good sir?

No, I mean Tier

one of a series of rows or ranks rising one behind or above another, as of seats in an amphitheater, boxes in a theater, guns in a man-of-war, or oars in an ancient galley.

one of a number of galleries, as in a theater.

a layer; level; stratum: The wedding cake had six tiers. All three tiers of the firm's management now report to one director.

Australian. a mountain range.

In regards to Dual CLS/ Vine+EEE, They have very similar damage output but Vine whip + EE is cheap, tradeable (easily replaceable in regards to EEE aswell), it heals you and has faster speed, which should make not only higher Dps, but also higher Utility and availability. Dual CLS is probably the second last Chaotic I'd personally get.

Not to mention Dual Wield is only useful in momentum like Chenw said, Abilities have much better synergy with 2h'ers

I would say chaotic maul, but Dharok's is so much better. Same idea for rapier or longsword. Dharok's is just incredibly dominant for melee. If you don't mind knowing your chaotic maul is mostly inferior to Dharok's at low health, go ahead and get it. DH-ing is kinda situational, but really it's almost always worth it.

If Dharok's doesn't get nerfed any time soon, your next best choice might be a chaotic crossbow. But dual wielding seems kinda crappy, so you might have to settle for shield-ranging with your cxb. That being said, 2h ranged weapons (2h everything really) is pretty much the best.

So maybe you could get a chaotic staff? However it's not a big upgrade over the staff of light, and seeing as the SoL not only is non-degrading, it also costs 300k and saves 1/8 of your runes, it might actually be inferior if you're poverty tier. And supposedly staves only affect auto-attack damage, unlike other 2h weaponry, so in theory a wand would give the same DPS. But you have to realize, magic autocasts have a tendency to sneak their way in between abilities, so auto-attack damage is probably the most important for magic (makes sense because you're expected to use runes).

Then there's always the option of shields... Nah. I think I should just stop now, I'm getting a bit ranty.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

If you are on ancients though, I'd say wand is a better option, since most of the time you are on ancients are either to AoE or use their secondary effects. More auto attacks = more chances of effects going off, especially for Ice.

Assuming of course effects are not actually nerfed by using a wand instead of using a staff

tim_chenw2.png