How did you get your RuneScape name?

Kroketten

My original name, Slayerx9999, was just something I made up on the spot and probably thought, at the time that it was a cool name. I was only 13 though so no surprises there.

My current name, which is also my name here is from an obscure Japanese game that was released about 20 years ago.

Sylpheed.png

Mines from the Discworld series of books. I used to have a slight variation on it, was very happy the day that "Octarine" became free :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Hi, Kroketten! I've just moved your thread to the Questionnaires sub-forum.

My original name was Sk8er700. Oddly enough I never skated - was a sponsored BMXer at the time. Name got changed to Doctor Zany for a year by Jagex. Took me a while to notice (days)... Kept getting PMs from people saying, "Lol, Doctor Zany!" and thought they were all going crazy. =/.

09144a99bb.png

Zargo - took the name from a friend who used it as artist name. I liked it so I used it myself.

VI - From the Final Fantasy VI game which is my favorite game from the series.

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Battosai - From the anime Rurouni Kenshin I used to watch on cartoon network back in the early 2000s. The main character was an assassin who helped bring in a new era of peace and gave up the name Battosai and swore to protect the weak without killing to repent for the lives he took.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

My original RSN was just my irl nickname :P It was often mis-construed to mean something else, so I eventually just replaced it with this one, the "Slaya" part was carried over.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

"Kaida" was something my ex-wife and I came across when looking through baby names. It's Japanese for "little dragon", and I loves me some dragons! :D That name was already taken, and this came up as one of the alternate suggestions. I went with it since 23 has the same number of syllables as my last name and they both end with the same sound.

I've often thought about changing it, but it's been my name for over 7 years so it just doesn't seem right to change it.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The name I wanted wasn't available, so it gave me the option to take the username I have now.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

This account started out as a pure way back in RSC when the legend of the wildy was Ladykilljoy, since I was a pure, I copyed her. Also i love(d) the concept of killing other people's joy, so that worked as well. I have considered changing my name a number of times, but I can't give up my awesome name.

purekilljoy.png

For a minute there I thought you had meant to post that in the "things that annoy the hell out of you" thread. :P

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted the name Syd, but it was taken so I just added two more letters. Why "Syd -an" is because sydän means heart in Finnish. So in Finnish servers I get called simply as <3 quite often.

u5zhkTY.gif

I picked mine up after the first username clearance. 1-3 letter names are usually dumb, made up of random letters/numbers just so they can make a short name... At least mine is referencing something.

[hide]efgz.png[/hide]