High profile players banned

Jake

I really don't understand the 5k cw games requirement...if they want to keep people playing after they get their comp/trim comp just let them start their account over with a gold name or something. This way Jagex keeps their players running around their game for a ridiculous amount of time and people don't have 83 solid days of castlewars breathing down their neck telling them to bot.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Nothing wrong with the 5k CW games achievement as far as I feel, when it was released it gave some recognition those who had tons of tickets, but implementing it as a requirement for the trim kind of went over the edge imo.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I just think the whole idea is dumb. Even if you enjoyed castle wars, it would take someone special to want to play 5000 games. I could probably play 3 games straight before I would want to do something else, and I would be willing to bet I wouldn't be too far off to say the rest of the world probably shares a similar opinion.

If someone wants that cape, I can honestly not fault them for botting. Forcing people to sit in front of a computer screen for 2000 hours just to get an achievement raises my ethic's flag. Botting is not so much a fault of the user as it is a fault of the game. I've brought this up many times in previous threads, but there is too much shit in runescape that you must grind through in order to enjoy the game. Remove these aspects of the game, make a fun means of money making, and you will reduce both botting and RWTing.

Right.

Jagex doesn't seem to understand that introducing things like "high level content" will only entice more people to bot if training to access the high level content is incredibly boring and tedious (not to mention the fact that high level content no longer exists since everybody's a high level now). They need to add more AFK training methods, more social training methods, and most importantly, more FUN training methods.

Like I said, though. I think RS is past the point of no return now. The majority of the community prefers boring tedious training methods over fun, social training methods if the fun method doesn't offer the best XP/hr :roll:

er

it's not even over best exp per hour

jagex just takes things that are remotely enjoyable and then nerfs the hell out of them or limits the amount of said thing you can do per day or just plain doesn't provide any sort of meaningful outcome from the activity

don't even start on the forced socializing part, it's about as natural as animal husbandry

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

I don't think the question is the 5k games in itself.

These players did not bot 5k CW games exclusively, they botted a lot if not most of their skills. It's not like you get to 2496 legit, and then say - [bleep] it im gonna bot the 5k games cause [bleep] the police.

So all of this talk of the 5k CW games is pointless to say the least.

purekilljoy.png

I don't think the question is the 5k games in itself.

These players did not bot 5k CW games exclusively, they botted a lot if not most of their skills. It's not like you get to 2496 legit, and then say - [bleep] it im gonna bot the 5k games cause [bleep] the police.

So all of this talk of the 5k CW games is pointless to say the least.

I agree up to a point. I'm 11 levels from 2496 and there's just no way I'd risk my account by botting for a silly (trim on a) cape. Either those players botted before, or they considered themselves almighty and untouchable. Or they simply didn't care about the game anymore, but why would you want that trim then?

That said, I don't think discussing the 5k games req is pointless. Fact remains, it's a random and obviously counterproductive requirement if mostly everybody is either loafing or botting it. There's always a considerable amount of grind in getting max stats for sure, but this requirement is wreaking havoc in a small part of the community (i.e. the "elite" trim folks).

Kind of disturbing that they only catch people who botted after 500 hours+ played... Great detection jagex

370 days*

This

Also not everyone on that list was botting Castle Wars.

I for one was doing it for xp and at least 3/4 of us on that list were doing the same. All of us reached 200m cooking together and moved to firemaking if you've noticed runetracker. And no the bot detection didn't catch us, it was our stupid mistakes to show off on runetracker to get us banned by naming and shaming on hlf.

Kind of disturbing that they only catch people who botted after 500 hours+ played... Great detection jagex

370 days*

This

I for one was doing it for xp and at least 3/4 of us on that list were doing the same. All of us reached 200m cooking together and moved to firemaking if you've noticed runetracker. And no the bot detection didn't catch us, it was our stupid mistakes to show off on runetracker to get us banned by naming and shaming on hlf.

This, there is no bot detection.. All of us got spammed about on hlf because we each had 40m + xp weeks for 1 month lol

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!

370 days*

This

This, there is no bot detection.. All of us got spammed about on hlf because we each had 40m + xp weeks for 1 month lol

Not all. + Hi Snuggzz!

I'm going to be honest. I have no problem with bots. I do have a problem with 100's of bots at one training spot. Fix that, and you solved the problem. If RandoJoe85 is botting at GE, and I can't tell...I don't care. If xznoregretz is botting at castlewars to trim his pretty cape, I don't care.

Frankly...I just don't care.

• Like 1
w4M8t.png

Well... Where else are they going to defend/speak for themselves? RSOF? They are banned from that. Tip.It is one of the largest RS communities that I am aware of, and at least one of those members on that list used to be an active member of this community.

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I'm kind of annoyed at how many of these banned players have signed up here just to talk about how much they botted. Shameless.

1. It make no diff >_> 2. I not make mine for that ^-^

Well... Where else are they going to defend/speak for themselves? RSOF? They are banned from that. Tip.It is one of the largest RS communities that I am aware of, and at least one of those members on that list used to be an active member of this community.

Diff sites to I like to see what ppl say :shock:

It's not like I'm frothing at the mouth with rage or anything

And defend themselves? Against what? I don't think any of are claiming they were wrongfully banned, rather just congratulating themselves on beating the tedium of playing Runescape.

It's not like I'm frothing at the mouth with rage or anything

And defend themselves? Against what? I don't think any of are claiming they were wrongfully banned, rather just congratulating themselves on beating the tedium of playing Runescape.

More like explaining what they did and why. Haven't seen much praise, personally.

You might not be frothing at the mouth but you do seem to be reading more into their words than is there. If I knew a bunch of people were talking about me on a forum then I'd probably want to join to comment too, plus, as stated, this is one of the largest runescape communities and with the exception of Snuggz and Redbatt (who hasn't posted here), there's no guarantee they have alternate accounts capable of posting on rsof.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I'm kind of annoyed at how many of these banned players have signed up here just to talk about how much they botted. Shameless.

I think you are overly sensitive.

• Like 1
w4M8t.png

370 days*

This

Not all. + Hi Snuggzz!

Ur rite + HI YUI!

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!

This is my first post on Tip.It, and it had to come to this topic to motivate me to do so. I care. How you play a game that involves others, no matter how silly, how time-wasteful, how much of a grind, is a direct reflection of how you view others in this thing we call "real life".

I have no problem that some of the people banned have come here to speak. My problem is in the apparent attitude that "Oopsie, oh well, I got caught. Haha!" They don't see (or care) about the direct consequences their actions have had on making a game that many of us once loved less and less enjoyable. Regardless of whether there "is a spoon" or not (see earlier in thread for 'Matrix' reference), this was a way we chose to spend our free time, and to have no remorse nor even much idea that what you do in a MMORPG also affects the enjoyment of free-time of living breathing people around the world, just shows that the new generation of MMO players is a rather frightening lot.

I agree that Jagex holds partial responsibility, with a new (within the last 2-3 years that is) emphasis on xp gain, "completionist" requirements, and dandy little carrots dangled before our noses for getting to the "end". But that doesn't excuse someone's personal decision to shortcut the game. Botting, even AFK'ing, Castle Wars has ruined what many of us remember as a really fun game. There is no fun game there any longer. There is only the tedium of winning a couple tickets if one happens to be on the side with fewer players sitting on their bums. Or losing if the other way around, but always adding one more notch to 5K games. Do I see the lure to sit? Sure. 5k games is a ridiculous requirement. But sitting is self-reinforcing. It's not a gameplay strategy; it's a gameplay bypass.

I'm just as glad to see effort put into banning players who are trying to pass themselves off as having achieved something in this game, as I am when loads of gold-farming bots are defenestrated. One is just as important as the other. And this wasn't a publicity stunt on Jagex's part, because it's taken 9 days for me even to take notice of it (through the feed at the top of this site's homepage). It is sad that those who choose to post about their behaviour here show no real remorse in being part of the problem that many of see as "ruining our game", silly as such a pastime might be. As others have said, if the game is such that you feel you need to cheat to play it, then it is no longer for you and you need to find something else, not ruin it for the remainder who are enjoying it.

Good job, Jagex.

Good luck REAL players, and Jagex, in having a 2013 better than 2012 was.

Cheers.

• Like 11

This is my first post on Tip.It, and it had to come to this topic to motivate me to do so. I care. How you play a game that involves others, no matter how silly, how time-wasteful, how much of a grind, is a direct reflection of how you view others in this thing we call "real life".

I have no problem that some of the people banned have come here to speak. My problem is in the apparent attitude that "Oopsie, oh well, I got caught. Haha!" They don't see (or care) about the direct consequences their actions have had on making a game that many of us once loved less and less enjoyable. Regardless of whether there "is a spoon" or not (see earlier in thread for 'Matrix' reference), this was a way we chose to spend our free time, and to have no remorse nor even much idea that what you do in a MMORPG also affects the enjoyment of free-time of living breathing people around the world, just shows that the new generation of MMO players is a rather frightening lot.

I agree that Jagex holds partial responsibility, with a new (within the last 2-3 years that is) emphasis on xp gain, "completionist" requirements, and dandy little carrots dangled before our noses for getting to the "end". But that doesn't excuse someone's personal decision to shortcut the game. Botting, even AFK'ing, Castle Wars has ruined what many of us remember as a really fun game. There is no fun game there any longer. There is only the tedium of winning a couple tickets if one happens to be on the side with fewer players sitting on their bums. Or losing if the other way around, but always adding one more notch to 5K games. Do I see the lure to sit? Sure. 5k games is a ridiculous requirement. But sitting is self-reinforcing. It's not a gameplay strategy; it's a gameplay bypass.

I'm just as glad to see effort put into banning players who are trying to pass themselves off as having achieved something in this game, as I am when loads of gold-farming bots are defenestrated. One is just as important as the other. And this wasn't a publicity stunt on Jagex's part, because it's taken 9 days for me even to take notice of it (through the feed at the top of this site's homepage). It is sad that those who choose to post about their behaviour here show no real remorse in being part of the problem that many of see as "ruining our game", silly as such a pastime might be. As others have said, if the game is such that you feel you need to cheat to play it, then it is no longer for you and you need to find something else, not ruin it for the remainder who are enjoying it.

Good job, Jagex.

Cheers.

The thing that really bothers me is the whole "stick it to Jagex" train of thought that seems to be shared by many high level bot users. If you want to bot, just bot. Don't tell me that you think you're some kind of vigilante folk hero to try to justify it to yourself though.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

just shows that the new generation of MMO players is a rather frightening lot.

And you aren't in the "new generation"? Some of these people have probably been playing MMORPGs for some time now.

Also, castle wars died when they introduced Godswords. Don't make it sound like the loafers killed it.

• Like 1

Good job, Jagex.

Cheers.

How does botting cooking ruin the game for you? None of us were goldfarming and taking up resources or anything that has any actual impact on the game. Castle wars has been nothing but loafers for the past 2 years. Those banned who botted castle wars were 1 of the hundreds doing so, which doesn't impact anything, not like there's anything to impact since it's dead either way..

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!