High profile players banned

Jake

Stupid idea to even put the 5k game requirement there in the first place. Now that it's there though taking it out would just be giving the finger to everyone who actually sat through all those games.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I would have taken it out and compensated everybody who did it by giving cw tickets based on how many games were recorded.

But I guess some people prefer gangrene to amputation...

also

GOOD GOD PEOPLE WOULD YOU HAVE SOMETHING RARE JUST FOR THE HELL OF BEING RARE

it's that kind of thinking that makes me respect people less as a whole

confusing being rare with merit has got to be one of the dumbest shit ever reasoning or arguments i've had to deal with

having merit IS rare

being rare does not necessarily lend merit!

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

I would have taken it out and compensated everybody who did it by giving cw tickets based on how many games were recorded.

But by the time you hit 5,000 games you should already have enough tickets for almost every reward. :(.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

There already was a reward for playing 5k CW games--the professional cape. Removing the requirement would have no impact on their ability to trim the completionist cape. I therefore fail to see why they would need any form of compensation.

• Like 4

Stupid idea to even put the 5k game requirement there in the first place. Now that it's there though taking it out would just be giving the finger to everyone who actually sat through all those games.

If you look at it that way, every update they roll out does that. Look how easy and AFKable they made all skills that used to take months. When you can SpanScape for a week and get 99 Runecrafting, doesn't that give the finger to everyone who did nature runes?

:P.

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

Ya go head give me my hours back for old 99 rc:P Don't compensate them anything as they don't deserve it. It was the players choices to sit through the 5000 games knowing that.. they are wasting so much time on a game, and a game changes.

Boredom.png

Ya go head give me my hours back for old 99 rc:P Don't compensate them anything as they don't deserve it. It was the players choices to sit through the 5000 games knowing that.. they are wasting so much time on a game, and a game changes.

Greed and selfishness. You chose to do 99 runecrafting before it was updated, willingly wasting so much time on a game.

somehow both sides of this argument have earned my further contempt

however, your compelling argument of being a dick since in the long run we have to maintain being a dick so that we can keep being dicks is, sadly, an accurate analysis of the situation

but knowing jagex, they'll full well put this shit off until the end of time because it's also their other policy

8f14270694.jpg

I just think the whole idea is dumb. Even if you enjoyed castle wars, it would take someone special to want to play 5000 games. I could probably play 3 games straight before I would want to do something else, and I would be willing to bet I wouldn't be too far off to say the rest of the world probably shares a similar opinion.

If someone wants that cape, I can honestly not fault them for botting. Forcing people to sit in front of a computer screen for 2000 hours just to get an achievement raises my ethic's flag. Botting is not so much a fault of the user as it is a fault of the game. I've brought this up many times in previous threads, but there is too much shit in runescape that you must grind through in order to enjoy the game. Remove these aspects of the game, make a fun means of money making, and you will reduce both botting and RWTing.

• Like 1
w4M8t.png

I just think the whole idea is dumb. Even if you enjoyed castle wars, it would take someone special to want to play 5000 games. I could probably play 3 games straight before I would want to do something else, and I would be willing to bet I wouldn't be too far off to say the rest of the world probably shares a similar opinion.

If someone wants that cape, I can honestly not fault them for botting. Forcing people to sit in front of a computer screen for 2000 hours just to get an achievement raises my ethic's flag. Botting is not so much a fault of the user as it is a fault of the game. I've brought this up many times in previous threads, but there is too much shit in runescape that you must grind through in order to enjoy the game. Remove these aspects of the game, make a fun means of money making, and you will reduce both botting and RWTing.

I agree that the 5k requirement is insane, and that the ones that like to do that still have their cw games cape to show.

I do not, however, agree that it's not their fault for botting. There's nothing that forces a person to get the trimmed version of the comp cape, that's just for the very dedicated, and part of the rules about that cape is (no matter how dumb it is) 5k games. There's a reason they split off the most extreme requirements into the trimmed version of the completionist cape. There's no bonuses to getting the trimmed cape exept golden instead of silver smoke on the cape. How this is something you "must grind through in order to enjoy the game", I cannot see.

I just wish they would ban more of the accounts who are botting instead of these token bans ever so often. It is almost like they are only doing the occasional bans of bots to be able to say, "See? We just did something about it?" Uhm, not nearly enough. I am beyond sick of bots taking kills, resources, and making the game not as enjoyable as it could be.

Jamastiene.png

I just wish they would ban more of the accounts who are botting instead of these token bans ever so often. It is almost like they are only doing the occasional bans of bots to be able to say, "See? We just did something about it?" Uhm, not nearly enough. I am beyond sick of bots taking kills, resources, and making the game not as enjoyable as it could be.

Agreed I'd rather see them take on gold farming more aggressively then these "high profile" players. But I really won't complain too much seeing as they're at least trying.

I don't see how a crew of 3-4 making minimum wage cruising servers going to the most bottled spots with a ban hammer wouldn't solve the issue?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Right.

Jagex doesn't seem to understand that introducing things like "high level content" will only entice more people to bot if training to access the high level content is incredibly boring and tedious (not to mention the fact that high level content no longer exists since everybody's a high level now). They need to add more AFK training methods, more social training methods, and most importantly, more FUN training methods.

Like I said, though. I think RS is past the point of no return now. The majority of the community prefers boring tedious training methods over fun, social training methods if the fun method doesn't offer the best XP/hr :roll:

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

They struck it pretty well with EoC, I thought. If you want to AFK combat, use momentum, but accept that using abilities will probably provide better XP rates. Under those circumstances, if you find "ability spamming" painful, botting isn't the immediate alternative.

• Like 1

If you attack the playerbase for not appreciating the "fun" side of game enough, you risk getting bogged down in a very pointless discussion in which neither side can really win. As we did two years ago, with a lot of fallout caused.

I'm just glad that maybe a few of these people can now move on with their lives. I'm not mad about them botting, nor am I happy to see them banned.

My theory is that you bot all of the 5k Castle Wars games as a level 3 before you start on your skilling which you do 100% legit. Why would they ban a level 3 that is getting nearly 0 exp gain?