High profile players banned

Jake

<snip>

these bans had nothing to do with botwatch. These players were posted on hlf and reported multiple times over months and months. And these are not even all of them. One player outright stated he botted 2496 and was going to bot 200m wc at ivy on hlf, and I don't think hes been banned with this group.

My mistake. Someone said one was "snatched up" so I assumed it was botwatch. It is very sad that jagex doesn't ban those that openly admit to botting though.

As we saw several months ago, botwatch isn't ready to take the reigns in regards to banning. But as jagex tweaks it, I'm sure some names have come up time and time again. I think this is a sign that jagex at least feels comfortable enough to trust botwatch with some human oversight. And if you're going to have a human checking the botwatch outputs you might as well start at the top.

these bans had nothing to do with botwatch. These players were posted on hlf and reported multiple times over months and months. And these are not even all of them. One player outright stated he botted 2496 and was going to bot 200m wc at ivy on hlf, and I don't think hes been banned with this group.

wasnt this sir fly pig

This is good news, but I have to be honest, I don't really care if someone bots castle wars.

This is Win All Day all over again. You ban the higher profile players for RWT/botting, when they have an entirely negligible impact compared to the tens of thousands of gold farming bots running 24/7.

Still, it is a nice gesture, even if it is insignificant.

I disagree. I think removing bots from the top ranks is far more important than fruitlessly going after RWT'ers, particularly after Jagex's failed performance these past few years. Besides, I dislike cheaters in RS far more than just some people trying to make easy real life cash.

I agree, cheaters bother me far more than someone trying to make irl cash.

Swarlly.png

I've been playing Castle wars a lot the past year. I have been going for 5k games since April. Recently passed the 2400 mark. So pretty much for my playing time it has taken me 8 months to get half way. Lots of those names posted I've seen "afking" castle wars. Now I don't really know which ones bot or do not, but I always had the suspicion that a lot of them did. Before EOC I used to mage defence. But often teams are stacked and well defending against nothing is boring. So I go barrage the loafers by the trapdoor to see how many kills I can get. These people are standing at the door trying to AFK, but the strange part is as soon as I kill them they go right back up the trapdoor. You can usually tell the people who aren't botting will go scatter on the outer edge of the loafer room. Because they know I won't single people out as I was barraging the trap door for the most xp and most kills. Anyways the point I'm making is why would someone who is trying to AFK go back up the ladder every 10 seconds just to die again, instead of going out of the line of fire.

Glad to see Jagex is taking a firm stance against botters, even if it just simple as botting Castle wars. I have played (not loafed) all my games and several others have played 5k castle wars games. So if we can do it, they are perfectly capable of playing the minigame too. May sound harsh, but I see it as if you don't want to help your team then don't go for the 5k games. I do however largely support the requirement being removed or nerfed as it is insane. 80 days of just Castle wars. Insane or not is no excuse to cheat.

I think people who set goals worry to much about the destination and forget about the journey. I have over 400 days played and the vet capes and I still haven't maxed. The main reason is too much skilling bores me. But I don't cheat, I just don't go for the cape. I'm 90+ now so one day I'll get max cape, but if it takes me another 100-200 days. I'm ok with that because I just go at my own pace and do what I enjoy on this game.

edit:

on the to be investigated

i wa5 h4ck3d runs around and pks a lot so I don't think he bots.

Zyver often attacks me when I start messing with the loafers and pks quite a bit, so I don't think he does either.

• Like 5

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

[bleep]ing haters. [bleep]ing Jagex. [bleep]ing life...

And btw the only reason Fairy Yui is temp banned is because she has ~80b and she if were banned the economy would be even more [bleep]ed up than it already is.

Also because she is the only female on that list.

• Like 1

And btw the only reason Fairy Yui is temp banned is because she has ~80b and she if were banned the economy would be even more [bleep]ed up than it already is.

A J-Mod confirmed that her bank videos were fake and she had nowhere near 80b.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Then shes been lying to me for several years now...rofl

You dont happen to have proof of this or know where he said it by any chance, do you?

Somewhere on the HLF I think. I haven't personally seen it myself, but everyone on HLF has been saying it. I'll take a look later if I can find something.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Jagex banned Top dicers tho, and 80b isnt enough to affect whole economy

Th_Heretic.png

2425_zps35ff81f1.png

Hmm to be honest though I'm surprised this thread is here. I thought Tip.it had a policy against these kind of threads as there is no "official" statements (hunter bots and those people who duped gold and dragon bolts) about these individuals that I know of.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Hmm to be honest though I'm surprised this thread is here. I thought Tip.it had a policy against these kind of threads as there is no "official" statements (hunter bots and those people who duped gold and dragon bolts) about these individuals that I know of.

The players mentioned here aren't being suspected of botting, but instead have been banned for botting. As long as we don't start accusing unbanned accounts of botting, we're good. :P.

There won't be a public announcement from JaGex, the best you'll get is this:

http://puu.sh/1EgCo

4K469.png

The players mentioned here aren't being suspected of botting, but instead have been banned for botting. As long as we don't start accusing unbanned accounts of botting, we're good. :P.

There won't be a public announcement from JaGex, the best you'll get is this:

http://puu.sh/1EgCo

That sceenie (that is all over hlf) is fake. Look at the top comment of this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0U7jsS3eP8&playnext=1&list=PLF45B93D58B756444&feature=results_video

You can see that It's one of those fake imposter YT accounts

• Like 1

Revised Naming Names procedure - tell us what you think!

Nooooo! Redbatt was one of my favorite dungeoneerers! Awesome person... Really sad to see him banned!

09144a99bb.png

Shame to see Aten go out like this, he was nice.

But lol so much at the rest, specifically at the one relevant to that one specific DG clan.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

But Jmods say they never look into players' bank accounts using their magical powers. Not like it's invading their privacy or anything, but omfg jagex u went back on a nother proimse unsubbing ruimedscape

Glad to see they're actually banning [bleep]ing cheaters.

• Like 1

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

How come I've never even heard of any of those 'high profile' players? :-|

They're not really high profile, aside from Loyal who is known from Suomi's vid on him. I believe most are maxed players though who had a lot of other maxed players trying to get them banned for a long time. There was lots of proof but Jagex was refusing to do anything about it until now.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

lol 10 hours outside is nice, makes u realize what a waste of time rs is.

Isn't the whole point of botting to not be at the computer anyway? I guess you sat there for hours babysitting your macro, interesting use seeing as nearly all of rs is afkable now anyway.
  • Like 6