So Wreck3d's petition for EOC & Old Runescape Servers!

norseman1

It will never be the same. Jagex can't bring back your childhood.

Why don't you guys just don't give up?

Wilderness PVP died for other reasons.

Here we go again..

Since so many others summed it up great, I'll be brief.

No support. Now go back to private servers and play "HalfOf2006nostalgiascape".

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

This community's reaction to the video is so different than the youtube community's reaction. Good thing though, I agree with pretty much everyone here, there's no way the 2006 servers would sustain anywhere near 100k people. Nostalgia only gets you so far.

I'm actually going to setup a counter-petition, petitioning for SoWreck3d to shut the [bleep] up. Watch this space people IT'S GOING TO BE HUGE.

Or, we could all, you know, either play or leave. If you aren't finding it fun, why are you here?

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

The last time I heard about 2006scape it was 300k registered users. I figure they're just as made up as the 50% discontent with EoC.

Funny how 2006scape has had to be closed down. :P

The nostalgia would make them play for a while but eventually they would realize that it's not the game they remember.

Exactly this.

The community is what made up a major part of this game.

If ~2006 servers were to be made, items would definitely not cost the same as they did back then (due to the players caring much more about the exp than about the end product), items would be much rarer (At least for the first few months/year(s)), the community would be the same kind of annoying elitist community as we have currently and the game would most likely be plagued by gambling.

PvP has been on the slide for years now, a drop which pre-dates EoC by quite some distance. How can you justify that EoC is the sole cause of that slump?

That's a very funny point you mention. A lot of the players who quit saying "EoC ruined PvP" really have no idea what they are talking about. PvP was ruined a long time ago. Now i remember back when they still had the EP system. PvP was insane. There were PKers all over the place. I remember lagging so much simply because the amount of players in PvP areas was too great for my PC to handle. It was a great time for PKing. Even when BH was first introduced, the amount of PKers were insane. But things slowly started dying down end it kept dying down.

The last time i PKed (about a month or so before the release of EoC) it would take me anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes to find a fight and i would count myself really lucky if i managed to complete that fight without some [bleep]tard PJing me during the fight.

PKing was dead wayyyyyyy before EoC was even mentioned. PKers also knew this as you would often hear video makers say this. But then came EoC and suddenly it was the sole cause of the current state of PvP. "EoC ruined PKing". Actually no, the shitty PKing community ruined PKing. EoC was just another way for people to shift the blame.

In all honesty, if they ever removed PvP completely, i would not care one bit. I know me saying this might not seem like much, but the entire purpose of my account was to be a PKer. In the ~900 hours playing time i have on this account, probably 500 of them was spent PKing and another 200 of that training and question for PKing. So it's not just like i'm saying this as someone who never set one foot in the wilderness.

A different server dedicated to PKers, which would mean something along the lines of RuneCore or 06Scape, might not be a terrible idea because it would bring back large numbers of players. Heck they can even take down half the worlds we currently have and turn them into older servers.

He explained that having most of the old runescape comunity and charging money for it would benefit them more than Sof and Solomons store combined. As it showed a runescape private server that was made like a 06 version of runescape had over 300k+ people on at all times, which was tripple the amount of runescape at the time. So think about it..

Private servers don't attract players due to being 'old skool' they do it by allowing access to 'cheats' that people can mess around with, not to mention the fact 300k+ for a single server sounds like an absurdly faked number since a server with that many people on would probably plain crash due to the amount of data being processed.

Plus of course the benefit of private servers is they tend to be free, so people who can't buy rs membs go there to 'explore'

Although somewhat true, it's not entirely. Yes, it offers some sort of cheat but it's nothing that the average Pker would not have had anyway. I was on Skype with a friend not long ago, while he was playing on a server. I asked him what it was like and he screenshared with me. You could not change any stats aside from combat. The rest had to be trained the old fashioned way. You could not magically spawn money, you had to make it on your own. You were not instantly rich. They had their own market, too. AGS was going for like 150m. But 150m using average methods there would probably take as long as making 30m in EoC RS. So things were very balanced. It's not like you could make an account and be maxed and rich from the get go. You still had to put in some work.

Also it is not entirely free either. Although most of the game is free, certain aspects of the game could only be accessed if you were a paying member. And certain items had to be purchased as well.

• Like 1

EOC just made PvP worse than it was. Pre-EOC there was a reason to team up -> it increased your chances on kills. With the EOC, pretty much every PKer has single-mode toggled on so there is no point to team up.

It isn't just EOC that killed PvP, it's the people and money as well. I remember PvP worlds being crowded because there were few of them and it was enjoyable. Many players were there, because there was still alot to win and to lose. Most people were poor and winning some rune items felt awesome. The people who PKed for money went to the Duel Arena and started staking their cashpiles and rares or just went skilling/bossing, because those ways turned out to be much more efficient. Most people remember the EP-thing as "bad", but atleast you had the chance to win a Corrupt drop/statue which felt totally awesome. Now you can't really win more than 300K.

RuneScape has simply become a skilling-game. In the old days, people wanted money to raise some skills or to buy armour to PK with. Nowadays people just make money to be able to make more money and get 200M XP in skills.

However, the biggest problem is the lack of new players. The low leveled players I see usually have main accounts, are bots, or old players who only returned for a few minites. The new players don't know PKing and choose the safest way to make money.

The EOC is still very rough, but Jagex announced that they were busy with some PK and warring updates. I think it's better to wait and see what they will do.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Here is some nostalgia

https://www.youtube....eature=view_all

Here is some other things which happened in 2006 while you were sitting on your computer, killing someone in-game:

[spoiler=Things]A hotel in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, collapses, killing 76 pilgrims visiting to perform Hajj

An Egyptian passenger ferry carrying more than 1,400 people, sinks in the Red Sea off the Saudi coast.

A massive mudslide occurs in Southern Leyte, Philippines; the official death toll is set at 1,126.

A fire at the Brand India Fair, Victoria Park, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India, kills at least 100.

A 6.3 magnitude earthquake strikes central Java in Indonesia, killing more than 6,000, injuring at least 36,000 and leaving some 1.5 million people homeless.

Pulkovo Airlines Flight 612 crashes near the Russian border in Ukraine, killing 171 people, including 45 children.

Gol Flight 1907 (Boeing 737-800) collides with a business jet over the Amazon Rainforest, killing all 155 on board.

A series of car bombs and mortar attacks in Sadr City, Baghdad, kill at least 215 people and injure 257 other people.

Can we move on? Are you guys still going to be pissed off about change in 15 years? No.

• Like 1

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I was one of the people that said jagex should go back to the old days. After reading all the comments on this thread, I can't disagree with the majority opinion. Going backwards isn't an option.

As far as gong forward is concerned, I don't know what jagex's theory is. Maybe they don't have one. Maybe they are milking the game for everything it has while only putting out unpolished new content.

If only there was another game like runescape, but new and cool and captured my imagination like RS did.

Dynastyfan0.png

It's not happening, EoC is here to stay. That's one of the reasons I suspect that they rushed it of course, even though they were made acutely aware, on repeated occasions, that it was not ready because they knew that once it was implemented into the game, whatever its flaws, after a certain period of time had passed it would be cemented permanently. Even though it isn't ready, because it's been over 2 months since they released, they can't just roll it back into beta mode and restore the old servers(even temporarily), that wouidn't make any sense and would only serve as a distraction. Short of organizing a mass boycott, I don't think there's much you can do.

Adapt and quit whining.

• Like 1

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Adapt and quit whining.

You are taking the piss, right? Surely you can't expect people to evolve. THAT'S NOT A REALISTIC EXPECTATION AT ALL.

Jagex isn't allowed to change!

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER