Random Tips (Questing, Bosses, Transportation, etc.)

muggiwhplar

Questing and Bosses

Most quests can be done at any combat level, regardless of the monsters. The weaker you are and the worse your gear is, the more skill and patience you'll need to succeed.

For example, you can complete the Waterfall Quest w/ 10hp despite having to run past Moss Giants and Fire Giants which can KO you in one hit. Since the areas they inhabit aren't multi-combat, you simply have a weaker monster which can't 1-hit you attack you. By engaging in combat with a weaker monster, the stronger monster is unable to attack you.

Most bosses are able to be killed via safespots. Fire strike (13 magic) is sufficient to kill most of them w/o too much time/effort spent. Some bosses, however, have really high magic resistance and/or they can attack you with ranged/magic attacks. In such cases, you can safespot them w/ melee attacks w/o taking any damage. Simply hide from the monster-- either around a corner, or by blocking them with an obstacle for example, and then attack the monster. As soon as you click "attack," immediately retreat back to your safe spot. You'll "hit-and-run" the monster and it won't be able to retaliate in time to attack you. This is how I killed Agrith-Naar from Shadow of the Storm and the Black Knight Titan from Holy Grail. Keep in mind, however, that you must wait approximately as long as it takes for the monster's HP bar to disappear before attacking again. If you hit-and-run before their HP bar disappears, you'll get hit. The Black Knight Titan is an exception to this, though. You can hit-and-run as rapidly as you want with him.

Hit-and-run won't always be the best tactic, though. For example, during The Feud you can safespot the two lvl-75 bandits, however if you take too long to kill them they'll vanish. This means you'll have to fight them "head-to-head." Because you're fighting w/o hitting-and-running, you need to maximize your food usage. Whenever your HP gets too low, you hide and eat. Don't eat during combat. If you eat while you're still in combat, you're just going to be wasting food because you'll keep taking damage.

For Dragon Slayer, I was unable to find a safespot. I killed her w/ an addy scimmy (obtained from The Feud quest) and steel armor. I got her to about 25% HP, retreated, banked at TzHaar, then returned to finish her off. Also, the "hiding-to-eat" method that I just mentioned isn't very good for monsters like Elvarg. Thus, while fighting Elvarg, I would "dance" with her whenever I needed to eat (I just used trout, though cakes would work too as long as you dance). Dancing's the same principle, just a little more difficult.

I've done all of my questing with trout and cakes, though stews would be great to use as well (buy from Seers bartender for 20gp ea).

Getting Around

High-priority quests should be Grand Tree and Tree Gnome Village for spirit trees and gnome gliders. Especially charter ships are too expensive for you and you don't have the mage level or runes for teleportation.

Grand Tree requires 25 agility, but if you don't want to run laps till you're suicidal you can do the Tourist Trap quest and get ~10k agility XP from that instead.

Spirit trees transport you to:

Khazard battlefield (close to Ardougne)

Tree gnome village (close to Yanille)

Forest where the GE exists in EOC (close to Varrock and Edgeville)

Tree gnome stronghold

Tree gnome stronghold is also where the glider is, so essentially the gliders and trees are all connected. The glider will take you to:

White wolf mountain

Al Kharid (close to Lumbridge)

Varrock (close to east mine, dig site,

Karamja (close to Shilo)

Feldip (requires One Small Favour quest)

So basically you'll save on Lumbridge/Home teleports by taking the glider to Al Kharid if you need to get to Lumbridge.

If you complete Recruitment Drive, you can set your respawn point to Falador. I'd recommend doing this since it's a more "central" location and there's already plenty of ways to access Lumbridge (Home tele; duel rings; glider; canoes)

Canoes are great for getting around F2P. The higher your WC, the more efficient they become. Even with the worst canoe you'll save time/energy taking canoes up to Edgeville from Lumbridge than running/walking the entire distance.

If you're in Lumbridge (or east of Lumb, in Al Kharid, for example) you can get to Port Sarim quickly by going to Shantay pass, talking to Shantay, claiming to be an outlaw, and getting thrown in jail. Refuse to pay and you'll get sent to Port Sarim.

If you want to go from Lumbridge to, say, Ardougne or Catherby really fast, you could:

Start in Lumbridge

Run to Shantay and get sent to Port Sarim

Pay 30gp to go to Karamja (or buy a more expensive charter and go straight to Cath/Ardy)

Run to Brimhaven and pay 30gp to go to Ardy, or take a cheaper charter from Karamja to Cath/Ardy

You could even go to Karamja and take a cheap charter to Brimhaven and then go to Ardy from there for 30gp.

Death/suicide is great for a full energy restore, particularly at low agility levels when it takes like 5 minutes or something outrageous to get all your energy back. The lower your hp/def, the quicker you can die. If you're in Lumby need to respawn in Fally, after starting The Lost Tribe, you can go into the Lumb basement w/o a light source and let the "bugs" kill you in the darkness pretty quickly. In Al Kharid, you can get 3-4 warriors attacking you at once. In Falador, you can get 3-4 guards to attack you at once. In Varrock you're stuck with single-combat guards, so it'll take a while if you've got defense and hp.

The first time you make it to the "other side" of the world (Catherby, Ardy, etc.), I'd highly recommend getting 10 fishing ASAP and completing the Fishing Contest quest. This allows you to safely run beneath White Wolf Mountain to get to Cath/Tav. It's also a requirement for Recipe for Disaster.

Misc.

If you're doing quests, search the wikis for items before you toss them. I was about to toss "buttons" I obtained from the Digsite quest until I saw that I'd need them for Animal Magnetism. Saved me from having to pickpocket HAMs.

Try to do as many quests as possible simultaneously. In F2P there's a lot of running back-and-forth across the world. Best to get as much done in one place as possible.

Make a list of quests on your to-do list and then make a list of all the items required for them. Make notes of key locations where you'll need to be so next time you're in the area you can "run errands" to save time.

You can sell cats to the guy in Ardougne for 100 death runes. It takes about 3 hours for a kitten to mature into a cat. Might as well have a kitten follow you around while you do stuff. Just make sure you've got food on-hand to feed it.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. If you guys have any similar tips you'd like to share, feel free to. :)

• Like 3

77yLQy8.png

Enchanted Valley, need to start Fairy Tale PtII to get access to fairy rings and teleport there.

And thats good because?

This is the loot from a few hours there, excluding many high lvl herb seeds, and several good herbs and gems. Probably worth 350k or so atm. The rune axes were worth ~150k ea until word spread fast of the method. Still, the natures alone make up for the cost of runes you spend for fire strikes, leaving axes + whatever else for profit.

130303034253.png

• Like 1
Trollbomber.png

I have a feeling that by the time I do the quests and stuff all of that stuff will crash... Might just keep to level 2 clueing at cockatrices.

Sold a pair of iron boots 40k lol.

Few tips:

Pub in seers village sells stew for about 20gp, it heals like 14ish and is great cheap food.

You can sell bear fur stolen at ardy for 120gp ea to guy in vaarrock

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I have a feeling that by the time I do the quests and stuff all of that stuff will crash... Might just keep to level 2 clueing at cockatrices.

Sold a pair of iron boots 40k lol.

Few tips:

Pub in seers village sells stew for about 20gp, it heals like 14ish and is great cheap food.

You can sell bear fur stolen at ardy for 120gp ea to guy in vaarrock

Yeah. Sold rune 50k ea, addy 7k ea, mith 1k ea, nats 195 ea. Decent cash but I won't be returning, kind of a one time deal.

Trollbomber.png

for quest bosses you might want to add blocking (using another player as a safespot). Really useful for quests like DT at low levels.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Can you sitill use pet cats as a safe spot? Similar to using players? But with your cat.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Random tip for mining lots of gold, requires completion of Holy Grail and access to Fairy Rings.

Take a pickaxe, dramen staff and magic whistle.

Head to the Horseshoe mine at Brimhaven, 10 gold rocks.

Once you've mined your fill, run north to the outpost and use the whistle.

Run a bit northwest to the Fairy Ring, use it to head to Zanaris.

Bank in Zanaris and return to the Fairy Ring, dial BJR to get back to the Fisher King's Realm.

Blow the whistle to return to the outpost.

Not sure how useful this is in this current age of efficiency, though :P

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Random tip for mining lots of gold, requires completion of Holy Grail and access to Fairy Rings.

Take a pickaxe, dramen staff and magic whistle.

Head to the Horseshoe mine at Brimhaven, 10 gold rocks.

Once you've mined your fill, run north to the outpost and use the whistle.

Run a bit northwest to the Fairy Ring, use it to head to Zanaris.

Bank in Zanaris and return to the Fairy Ring, dial BJR to get back to the Fisher King's Realm.

Blow the whistle to return to the outpost.

Not sure how useful this is in this current age of efficiency, though :P

Grand tree dungeon is better

To prevent yourself from getting "crashed" at training spots...

1. Give people a friendly greeting as soon as they join you. Most people don't have the nerve to sabotage someone who's being kind to them.

2. If they start competing with you, just say "[their name], could you hop please?" They usually will since you asked nicely.

3. If they insist on crashing, politely remind them that both of you will get better XP (or GP)/hr if they go somewhere else. In other words, make them feel responsible for benefiting both of you.

Works great for me, anyways. :P

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

For anyone interested in making good money right off tutorial island:

1. Complete waterfall quest.
  2. Fire strike fire giants, use rune scimmy drops to pay for more runes, bury all b bones on location (including LOTS that other players leave) until 43 prayer - You'll be around 65-70 mage at this point.
  3. Use your extra income to buy lots of prayer potions and chaos runes, do barrows with fire bolt. [You car far cast the melee brothers, it requires walking around as they chase you and getting pop shots off. Useful for Verac.]

That's it, really. After some time you may wish to train slayer and then use slayer dart for barrows, it's wiser to do barrows "inefficiently" for the first few items, so you can make the rest of the game so much more efficient. (Slayer is a lot easier when you have optimal gear and potions and teles)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Any idea what the avg gp/chest is on barrows?

You have a 1/16 chance of getting a barrows item if you kill 6 brothers. You can work it out by adding all the barrows item prices together, dividing by the number of them (24) and then dividing that by 16.

The prices are extremely unstable and I'm not familiar with them, assume they add up to 40m. This makes the average item worth 1.66m. This makes the average chest worth 104k in barrows items.

The smaller rewards pretty much pay for your spells and prayer pots.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Just a random tip I stumbled on: When doing RFD you need to make a dirty blast from scratch. To save time on walking over to the gnome area on new accounts - save the blast you get as a reward for doing digsite quest. You can just add ashes to this, instead of making a blast from scratch.

Obviously not quicker if you weren't going to do digsite anyway... but why wouldn't you. :)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I started off with the combat xp giving quests, including the grand tree, so I just picked up the stuff there. I did this before ever stepping foot in varrock :3

(Also, it's funny how all the big attack giving quests pures can do are very close to that area... Waterfall, gnome village, grand tree, fight arena...)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Fight Caves 2007

Gear and inventory shown here.

Basically, since this was the first time doing the caves in YEARS, I referred to my old guide to refresh my memory :D Some of the pics don't work anymore but meh.

I would not recommend going for a cape in 07 unless you're very experienced and understand how monsters and pathfinding work in 07.

With that said, I'm mostly writing this mini-guide for those of you going for the cape soon, before you have access to really good gear (i.e. barrows) or have really good stats (i.e. 80+ range and defense). Keep in mind that since I wrote that guide there's been a lot of efficiency/PvM/adrenaline fanatics that probably have developed superior methods than my traditional one, so if you know of a better strategy then by all means use it :P

Anyways. Basically:

-the worse your gear is,

-the worse your stats (defense, range, hp, pray) are,

-the worse your technique is,

...the more patience you'll need.

At 60 range, 45 def, 52 pray, and 59 hp, it took me 4 hours to finish the caves. Would've been a lot shorter if I had better stats/gear and wasn't so out of practice :P

If you can afford purple sweets then you'll save a lot of time too.

Basically the only threat is the waves with 360s and 90s together. You start each wave in the northeast corner because that gives you the best odds of safety.

Your brews are for emergencies only. In other words, if a wave starts and a 360 + 90 (and possibly even a 180) are attacking you right away. You can either try and kill the 90 before it kills you (hard if you have low range/def) or you can run and hide and try to lure and isolate the monsters. If you run to the southeast part of the Italy rock after they both spawn near you, usually you'll be able to separate the 360 and 90 to kill them safely w/ prayer.

Once the 90 is dead, consider the wave complete since you should have no problems avoiding the remaining melee monsters. After some waves, you might be down to less than 10hp. This is where patience comes in to play. You wait very patiently for your hp to get back to full before you begin the next wave. Read a book, watch youtube, talk in an FC or something to pass the time. Rapid heal halves the waiting time but at the cost of your prayer points. Which brings me to another point...

If you can prayer flash as many 90s and 360s as possible, you really don't need a high prayer or ranged level. The problem is-- if a 360 hits you for 40+ damage, every 1 point of damage adds 1 minute of waiting time before you can start the next round. Unless you have a lot of purple sweets or blood spells.

That's pretty much it. It's pretty simple and straight-forward. Just requires a lot of patience and concentration.

77yLQy8.png