First chaotic?

Leoo

Since Sinkholes I've been ranking up Dungeoneering tokens faster than ever. I now over enough tokens to get ahold of my first chaotic weapon, which was going to be the maul. With the dual wielding changes, is the maul still the best first-weapon?

Thanks in Advance!

Chaotic claws will cost the same and be better for single target/momentum. Maul for multi and bossing.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I think it really depends on how rich you are and what style you use the most.

Assuming you can't afford drygores or virt wand but want to use all combat styles equally, i'd say the be the best order would be:

Chaotic claw(used with EEE)

Chaotic staff

Main and off-hand Chaotic crossbow

Chaotic maul

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Chaotic Staff, for you are into mage (200k tokens)

Chaotic Crossbow main and off-hand (300k tokens)

Maul best crush combat style (200k tokens)

if you are not rich enough to have drygore and you are into melee combat style then go for maul.. other wise go for staff or crossbows

I'd say maul or chaotic staff, since you get 300k tokens worth of dps (MH+OH dual chaotics) for 200k. If you have enough cash for virtus wand then dont bother with the staff

Maybe consider a mainhand chaotic instead if you have literally no money and no super antifires, since dragons can be a pain. But its probably a better path to get a maul, moneymake with that and buy super antis.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

She meant buy the level for super antifires.

Also, claws only require 100k tokens for the same dps as MH cls/cr as well, though it requires an initial investment of Main hand dragon claw (but the fact that it starts on 100% condition instead of 20% already pays for itself).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I think it really depends on how rich you are and what style you use the most.

Assuming you can't afford drygores or virt wand but want to use all combat styles equally, i'd say the be the best order would be:

Chaotic claw(used with EEE)

Chaotic staff

Main and off-hand Chaotic crossbow

Chaotic maul

Have you tried CC+EE? Is the accuracy of duel weilding abilities the average of your mainhand and offhand?

dirty_needle.png

I'm guessing it's the average(or rather 2 components claw and 1 component EE), however it's hard to test and i'm yet to do that. That said, considering it's a minimum of ~t77 accuracy, it would still be better than any dual chaotic for anything but QBD+, and then you can just get dual claws.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I would like to point out that super antifires aren't worth making.

except when they are

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I'm guessing it's the average(or rather 2 components claw and 1 component EE), however it's hard to test and i'm yet to do that. That said, considering it's a minimum of ~t77 accuracy, it would still be better than any dual chaotic for anything but QBD+, and then you can just get dual claws.

very tempted to do this, my only concern is that jagex are going to reduce EE's stats to T70

• Like 1
dirty_needle.png

very tempted to do this, my only concern is that jagex are going to reduce EE's stats to T70

Then you can just get dual claws. *shrug*

Personally, I'm tempted to buy a claw even though I already have maul, just so I can use momentum.

That's the exact premise which I bought the Claws on. Right now EE is only bested by Drygore off hands in terms of raw damage (and even then, it's only marginally better damage wise), so a MH claw and EE is a better combination atm. If EE does indeed get nerfed, then I can just make the off hand when that happens.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

probably because of "If it doesn't work, use" Soul Split.

tim_chenw2.png