Possibility of GWD?

Koldes2

They would need to buff arma, possibly bandos. Those would be the big game changers.

Or they could nerf the drops (since there's no way in hell it's getting a 75% YES vote if there's any godswords, and Bandos Armor)

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

They would need to buff arma, possibly bandos. Those would be the big game changers.

Or they could nerf the drops (since there's no way in hell it's getting a 75% YES vote if there's any godswords, and Bandos Armor)

Yeah that would be the best way to go about it. If they simply refuse, buffing bosses is the next best thing.

edit: even if they went with some of these suggestions I still don't think it would get 75% yes

I'm confident there is absolutely no way possible for GWD to get 75% vote.

As is, too many haters that dislike items or know they'll never be able/want to do it themselves or think it unbalances money making.

Nerfed items, many of the same people dislike it, still plus the pvm for cash guys won't settle and want better items.

More powerful bosses, see above. Plus the people that think the items are expensive and powerful will be even more annoyed.

I'd personally vote yes on any possible GWD because once i get bored of PVP I'll have nothing else to do.

CNqWHdA.jpg

And a buff to the bandos boss in general.

Unnecessary, Graardor is pretty tough to solo without the eoc content. A skilled 126 would be lucky to get more than 6-7 kills per trip. Noobier players would have to team, and they wouldn't get too many kills either without resorting to such large teams the split is not worth bothering.

I think it's perfect as it is, as long as no overpowered content comes into the game. (such as summoning and soulsplit)

I'd ask you to try it with 07 gear now and see for yourself, but sadly eoc has made it into even more of a joke than it ever was.

Yes, it was difficult to solo it.. Until we all had godswords and summoning bobs to hold food for us. If it is released now, it will be very hard to do, and would be getting easier in time as the drops aid in power creep.

When it came out, and for some time after, that was very nearly the case. Even with summoning you were a legend if you got over 10 kills solo at sara. Gwd used to be difficult.

Right, but someone getting 10 kills solo at sara isn't the same as 9 people camping bandos for 12 hours, something that could be done quite soon after release

I suspect none of you guys tried soloing the KQ >_>

Veracs, 2 trips with 40 sharks. That is how it works, and it is quite possible to do that in osr now.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

KQ is badly designed and can be exploited by multiple players. Sure, it's difficult to solo (If you suck at prayer switching). But duo? 6-7 kills in 1 trip, easy.

I'm not saying KQ isn't challenging though. If you PVM only for a challenge, it's quite fun to solo and predict the prayer switches. The drops suck just too much for it to be something you do outside of novelty, though. Both of it's (extremely rare) drops are vanity items with no real use.

"They don't degrade" is only valid for the chain BECAUSE there is no PVM to justify having higher defense for a small cost, and the d 2h has terrible DPS, so it'd only be used in PVP. But it's outclassed by the anchor and dharok's, both of which are much easier to obtain and cheaper to replace. (Also outclassed by dds/mace/longsword for KO power with specs)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Exactly. I don't understand people complaining about the lack of challenging PvM when people can't even solo the KQ in a single trip.

I didn't realize teleporting to Al-Kharid to get a few more sharks was challenging.

Besides...that's only ONE boss. The only other boss area worth mentioning are the Dagganoth Kings.

It's not so much about having Hard bosses to kill, it's more about there's basically NOTHING TO KILL right now.

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Exactly. I don't understand people complaining about the lack of challenging PvM when people can't even solo the KQ in a single trip.

I didn't realize teleporting to Al-Kharid to get a few more sharks was challenging.

Feel free to define "challenging" then. If you're not measuring challenge by how many kills you can get per trip or how many resources a boss takes, then what criteria are you using exactly? Because following your logic, GWD bosses are nothing close to a challenge.

Besides...that's only ONE boss. The only other boss area worth mentioning are the Dagganoth Kings.

It's not so much about having Hard bosses to kill, it's more about there's basically NOTHING TO KILL right now.

DKs, KQ, Barrows, KBD.

"But I want a challenge! Bosses shouldn't be farmable!" Ok, go to KQ.

"But I want a boss that drops overpriced loot!" Ok, go to KQ.

"But I want consistent good loot!" Ok, go to DKs or Barrows.

"But I want a boss that requires teamwork!" Ok, go to DKs.

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

Dag kings are good bosses but unfortunately the best way to actually do them is to stand in a corner and farcast the melee guy, the one with the most valuable drops. It's not really efficient to hybrid them without 2013 gear as you won't last very long solo.

KBD: No drops. No challenge for higher level players although could be fun to "inefficiently" take it on at lower levels.

Mole: Same as above but anyone with 43 pray has literally 0 challenge. More tedious than anything else.

Chaos ele: Fun novelty, bad drops, terrible location.

KQ: Bad drops. Exploitable with multiple players. Has semi-predictable attacks so prayer switching to survive longer is kinda fun. Most attacks ignore defense so eh...

Barrows: Doesn't really count as a boss, just use prayer and/or far casting. Grind.

If you actually want money you pray and mage Rex.... Or you pray and mage barrows. Fun.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Dag kings are good bosses but unfortunately the best way to actually do them is to stand in a corner and farcast the melee guy, the one with the most valuable drops. It's not really efficient to hybrid them without 2013 gear as you won't last very long solo.

KBD: No drops. No challenge for higher level players although could be fun to "inefficiently" take it on at lower levels.

Mole: Same as above but anyone with 43 pray has literally 0 challenge. More tedious than anything else.

Chaos ele: Fun novelty, bad drops, terrible location.

KQ: Bad drops. Exploitable with multiple players. Has semi-predictable attacks so prayer switching to survive longer is kinda fun. Most attacks ignore defense so eh...

Barrows: Doesn't really count as a boss, just use prayer and/or far casting. Grind.

If you actually want money you pray and mage Rex.... Or you pray and mage barrows. Fun.

You keep avoiding the KQ for some reason. In case you're unaware, the chain's worth 16M right now. How exactly is that a "bad drop?"

77yLQy8.png

Actually soloing rex is terribly inefficient boss killing. You are constantly getingt crashed. The biggest waste is waiting multiple minutes for another spawn. Killing all three with 3-5 people in a full world is the best gp/hour at dks.

The main reason I would want GWD is because it is such a massive joke on the live game. No food necessary. No prayer necessary. Solo campable for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours.

The biggest flaw with gwd and any boss jagex releases is it never gets updated. I would imagine that a supposedly highly intelligent being such as Commander Zilyana, after being killed THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of times by the same people in the same gear using the same tactics, would learn a few new tactics herself... but nope, GWD was a release and forget update like all other bosses in runescape.

edit- I'd like to add that I do not mean there are no good bosses in the current 2007 game. DKS pre summoning was more fun to me then gwd, maybe. KQ was also a lot of fun, and so was barrows for that matter. For the same reasons I loved original GWD, dks/kq were also great. Bossing on the live game is just a joke in general..... I'd really love to see them updated regularly on live game, but I suppose that's not for this forum.

Edit #2- Also want to add that I am still neither for nor against the addition of GWD. Don't take my post as if I do want it. I'm still on the fence personally.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

The droprate of chain is in the thousands is it not?

Also it's a bad item. Price is currently high because of few being in the game, and it'll remain fairly high for rarity and vanity, but it's a bad item.

----------------------

"Rex solo being bad because crashed" - Anti crash. Fairly fast respawn with relatively slow kills, so with good anti crash stuff a crasher would probably help you more than anything, see it as an involuntary duo partner you only split 20% of loots with. ;)

The reason you're crashed is because there is nothing better for PVMers to do. I refuse to believe the crashing is so bad that it would make teaming more efficient, especially 3-5 man teams, that is just objectively never more efficient.

CNqWHdA.jpg

The droprate of chain is in the thousands is it not?

Pretty sure it's like 1/64. But that figure's from 2006 when people were less scientific.

Also it's a bad item. Price is currently high because of few being in the game, and it'll remain fairly high for rarity and vanity, but it's a bad item.

Why does the fact that it's a "bad item" matter to you as long as other people will pay good money for it?

77yLQy8.png

You keep avoiding the KQ for some reason. In case you're unaware, the chain's worth 16M right now. How exactly is that a "bad drop?"

The fact that the KQ is your ONLY possible example is kind of my whole point.

It's quiet literally the ONLY monster in this game that could be considered a High Level Boss.

For your examples above

KBD - Easy to solo, Absolutely Pathetic with a team

Barrows - not a boss

DKS - As I said, probably the only other Boss area worth talking about. How ever, you can literally CAMP there and kill Rex alone safely.

Other Possible mentions for "bosses"

Giant Mole - All you need is 43 prayer, this is hardly a boss, it's just a plain nuisance to kill because it runs.

Chaos Elemental - Can be flinch safe-spotted on a tree, even without this it's a sub-par challenge especially in a team, in a horrible location.

We understand that the KQ is there, we aren't 'AVOIDING' it, we're saying it's not enough.

Variety creates longevity in a game, and it's something that is missing in the OS servers for high leveled players.

There is not ENOUGH of a max combat level player to do in this game.

Pretty sure it's like 1/64. But that figure's from 2006 when people were less scientific.

I would of guessed like...100-150.

It's definitely not in the Thousands though, that's Dust Devils, which I believe was said to be 1/10,000?

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Did you just compare clue scrolls to bosses in terms of challenge?

And player shouldn't need to create their own gimicks just to make the ONLY legitimate boss more enjoyable.

• Like 1

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

I'm not sure about those figures, i though the 2h was considerably more common, and that itself must be over 1/100 as it's also very rare.

Pretending the chain is 1/150 and sells for 16m that makes KQ about 1m(each)/hour duo... Ignoring the 2h and smaller drops that would boost this further.

I don't see it. I'm sure it's near 1/1000...

I care about it sucking because I like advancing in this game and going from barrows to dchain would be a step backwards. It represents everything i dislike about the game, crappy vanity items worth more than better stuff because of rarity.

ninja edit:

For the record I'm content with double nats being better cash than max combat PVM, it's much more tedious and takes a similar amount of time. I just ask that max combat (100's of hours training, with significant risk of death and cost of supplies) is better cash than alching yew longbows or the other silly crap people have complained about not being the best money makers in this thread.

People will always bot double nats, though. It's not the PVMers fault that everything BUT PVM is botted as it's so dull and repetitive. Perhaps that should serve as a lesson why we want more PVM.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Did you just compare clue scrolls to bosses in terms of challenge?

And player shouldn't need to create their own gimicks just to make the ONLY legitimate boss more enjoyable.

If Jagex released Bob the really big dragon who is as difficult as Nex but still dropped crap would you be satisfied?

Something of Nex's strength would be un-killable in the OS servers

But literally meaning aside.....Would there be some sort of Untradable reward to compensate for the lack of monetary reward? Such as the fire cape from jad?

If not, than no. Because now we have something that's hard to kill, with no reason to kill it.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

We understand that the KQ is there, we aren't 'AVOIDING' it, we're saying it's not enough.

Variety creates longevity in a game, and it's something that is missing in the OS servers for high leveled players.

There is not ENOUGH of a max combat level player to do in this game.

There are currently 0 max combat level players in 07scape. And you want to offset the game's economy for the benefit of a nonexistant minority? A minority which you yourself don't even belong to and likely won't belong to for over a year?

I think I'm done with this discussion lol

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

You assume I'm asking for an Imediate update, I am not. I'm speaking for the game as a whole, and for the future it will have.

What good does it do to wait until it's a problem, when we can discuss a fix for the problem before it happens?

In what way would it offset the economy? (inb4 you mention the armor and swords, both of which I talked about earlier and how I didn't support them being included anyways)

• Like 1

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

I don't understand the allure of pvm,the whole debate bores me. But I'd be more than happy if you put a couple of gwd bosses on each world, randomly wandering the wilderness rev style. That interests me.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

You assume I'm asking for an Imediate update, I am not. I'm speaking for the game as a whole, and for the future it will have.

What good does it do to wait until it's a problem, when we can discuss a fix for the problem before it happens?

Well I feel like it is too early to talk about releasing a major boss monster when the game was just released like a month or so ago.

Sure, maybe in a years time it is a possibility, also there is no reason to wait until it is a problem to discuss it. It is hard to predict the way things will turn out though.

I've always been talking about some time in the future and not right now. I won't be max combat in 07 for years, if ever.

I agree with what Ring World said about DKs, but don't see how GWD ISN'T already that...

- A monster that is very hard to kill

_ All of the GWD bosses are significantly more difficult to kill than DKs are.

- A drop that has is best in slot (maybe best boot drops, best cape, best spec weap, best str training weap, best skill training tool, etc.)

_ Sara sword + bandos armour, best strength training weapon and best strength giving armour, neither being ridiculously better than alternatives. D boots introduced at the same time via weak slayer creature in the dungeon...

- A drop that does not turn pvp into spec/veng matches like they were after GWD

_Very expensive weapons almost always used to "1 item" with cheap armour. Introduce high risk wilderness worlds and you will pretty much never see a godsword, but those that enjoy godswords can 1 item with rag gear vs each other.

- A balance between drop rate/utlity as to not make the new boss the best money maker in the game long term while not making it abandoned content in 2 weeks

_Literally impossible without new content. PVM will always be the best money maker as everything else is botted to extreme levels. DKs or barrows are currently the best money, GWD would beat them, that's just how it is. Good anti-bot stuff could have a serious impact.

Daggonoth kings was a balanced update

- Hard to kill all 3, and eliminating safe spots would make this a perfect challenge

_Safe spot DOES exist though making effective DKing a semi afk mage training method. =/

- Best in slot rings among others

_Yes this is a good thing I like to see. Like tassets, best item for that slot but only by 2 strength at the cost of some defense. Or BCP, same strength as fighter torso but with better defense. Very small increases. Less so than the zerk ring itself.

- A useful drop that does not radically alter the pvp environment (power creep)

_I really do like rings because they're great DPS boosters, but too expensive to use for anything but very high risk PKing. bandos armour is similar, and the godswords would be the same if high risk wilderness was released.

- The drop is common enough to make it good money, and uncommon enough to not make it the best in the game (long term)

_Actually without another PVM update such as GWD, DKs will probbaly be the best money maker in the game forever. The rings help pures as well as mains so have a much larger demand than barrows armour, and the dragon hatchets will always be valuable to skillers.

- Another added bonus is that it does not kill older content.

_It does not improve on old content as rings have never been very useful before the DK rings. This is not the case for any other item slot so it's kinda unfair to judge other updates in this way. It's true that arma and bandos armours pretty much outclass barrows armour, but I see it as adding a high level expensive option for richer players to use and stand out from the plebs that have 3m.

Looking at the comparison perhaps the issue is that GWD introduced too much all at once?

CNqWHdA.jpg