Possibility of GWD?

Koldes2

Jagex are an entertainment provider that we pay money to so their player's boredom is certainly their problem.

Well as you stated earlier, you're in the minority here so it would be in Jagex's best interest not to listen to you then :P

And all this price nonsense when you realise it's all player assigned. The AGS was only worth 120m as players decided it should be. (FYI this was in the era that you lost stuff for good on death in PVP, in the current game it just goes from 1 player to the next and piles up till every player has an AGS or 2.)

Doesn't matter why a hilt is 120M. All that matters is that it is 120M.

The reason GWD was good money is because noobs and bots couldn't do it. The alch value of the drops was relatively low.

All you needed was 40 def and 70+ combat stats to do GWD with a group.

Runescape without PVM is just PVPscape. Or "lol i got a 99 firemaking, I'm not entirely sure why."

If you want PvM so badly, remind me why you're not playing EOC? Is it because there's "not enough content" there?

If unids didnt get in, GWD probably wont get in

You must be new here.

Meant to say grimy

Herbs were grimy on release, but reverted by popular demand.

(Admittedly they were still using their unid inventory icons, but still.)

Yes, I know. I'm beginning to suspect you genuinely think I haven't been paying attention to 07 :lol:

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

I would like to see GWD, and I think it would get over at least 60%, but can't see it getting over 75% in its original state.

But there are many solutions to make it more ideal for everyone,

Eg:

Halving the addy bar drop rate.

Adding a couple of worlds where GWD items CAN'T be used.

Increasing level requirements to use godswords (like 90 attack & str)

Reducing special attack ability

... and the list goes on.

I've seen some people suggesting adding a dragon crossbow (or something similar) to armadyl boss to combat the OP melee side of the triangle.

In the forum post, Jagex have said it doesn't have to be the same. So by working with the community it really can be made to be more balanced and fair. So for people to rule it out just solely based on the original experience should know that it doesn't have to be the same.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Initial thought is no GWD because:

I don't like the effect of GS on PvP.

I don't like the idea of strong melee weapon updates without corresponding mage and range options.

I don't think I like the idea of GWD being the best moneymaker, but i'm not too sure. I never understand players fascination with PvE or PvM - Seems awfully dull to me. But likewise does nat crafting or magic chopping so i'm undicided - I've always been able to find a way to make money that interests me and accomplishes one or more of my xp goals, even if its not the fastest method.

All I want to do is pay for pk invents...

But I wont vote until the last minute because i'd like to hear all the options and opinions first...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I'd be fine with GWD if they could balance it in some way.

The only way I could think of doing that is completely removing the unique boss drops and replacing them with something to make GWD worth doing but not make it totally destroy other money making methods.

Interesting thoughts and comments.

I would love the actual boss fighting of GWD, but I do agree a lot of modifications would need to be made to not ruin the balance of the game - including making other things irrelevant.

-Returning player from 2006-2009 era. Old username used to be Alpha Koldes. Back for Old School RS.

Less no lifing this time around. Thanks a lot, adulthood.

And all this price nonsense when you realise it's all player assigned. The AGS was only worth 120m as players decided it should be. (FYI this was in the era that you lost stuff for good on death in PVP, in the current game it just goes from 1 player to the next and piles up till every player has an AGS or 2.)

Well no, regarding losing items permanently on death. That didn't come until much later, after the removal of bounty hunter craters even..

LgEZt.png

I would like to see spiritual mages, but then again they are my babies, with over 150 boot drops :wink:

However the items would throw it all off balance, havent seen anyone mention the Sara sword yet. Makes D scim useless. But then again People have to get 70 agility at the wildy course! Never againg! Please!

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

If the GWD is proposed in a poll with no changes to it, I will vote no, because it would only server to further unbalance meleers and devalue many armor and weapon sets in the game.

If changes are made to the rewards from the dungeon, I would vote yes (assuming I agree with the proposed changes)

The dungeon was great for PvM, which is something we DO need, maybe not quick yet, since there's not even a level 126 out there yet, but eventually, many people will be over level 100, and the current boss choices are pretty stale.

But it's not worth unbalancing everything to get more content out.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Meh. Less inclined to play knowing PvM will forever be a joke. Guess I'll just PK till I get bored.

I wonder what Jagex is gonna do after this 6 months "testing if 07 is popular before possibly bumping up the price" they stated after the initial poll. Maybe I get lucky and get out of an overpriced subscription of PVM addiction :P

CNqWHdA.jpg

No, gwd ruined pking, if they don't allow gwd items into wilderness, I honestly dont care.

many have proposed an altered drop table for the bosses (meaning no things like AGS) so if it DOES get into the game, it most likely won't be with the things that "ruined" pking, or unbalanced the combat triangle any further.

Regardless of what they do change, I have a feeling it would never get past 75% approval, which is a real shame considering how ungodly dry PvM is in the OS servers

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

I never really pked during that time (quit when I found out they were taking the wild out, came back after it was returned and made a new acc) But for me it's more about not making pking an elitist thing. I mean on this acc it took me so long and so much money to get turmoil and other stats that by the time I got it jagex went and jagex'd things up and ruined everything. And now I'm here. If Godswords arrive in osrs it will mean to be competitive you need lots of money again. I know making money has never really been an issue for you 999, but for most people it makes this massive gap in the wilderness, which I don't like at all.

ags is not as overpowered as people seem to claim, sure it will own whip + rune, but I would put my money on a 4 iteming dher vs a rune agser.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You might as well argue 80 strength should be max because not everyone can get 99 and it's unfair because 99 has a real advantage.

That argument would be MORE justified, as with better stats you risk nothing extra, with better equipment you're risking your items.

High risk wildy worlds is what we need. 1 itemers are always going to be a problem, I'd rather be AGS rushed than gmaul rushed. Plus I've smited an AGS before, that's fun.

CNqWHdA.jpg

As a PvM player I loved killing the bosses, regardless of drops, they would just fund it.

I personally would LOVE to have GWD back, however, I do agree on the nerf to the drops of the aviansies, and a nerf to Armadyl Godsword if that's what the majority wants.

• Like 1

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

And a buff to the bandos boss in general.

Unnecessary, Graardor is pretty tough to solo without the eoc content. A skilled 126 would be lucky to get more than 6-7 kills per trip. Noobier players would have to team, and they wouldn't get too many kills either without resorting to such large teams the split is not worth bothering.

I think it's perfect as it is, as long as no overpowered content comes into the game. (such as summoning and soulsplit)

I'd ask you to try it with 07 gear now and see for yourself, but sadly eoc has made it into even more of a joke than it ever was.

CNqWHdA.jpg