Best place to firemake?

Vinyl DjPon3

So pretty simple...where's the best place to make lines of fires?

Back when I was getting 99 fm in like...2009 or something, I lit fires at the GE, east-lighting 13 logs, and normal lighting the rest, so that my line of fires started and ended at the bank.

Now, obviously the GE isn't there, and the next best place I knew to do this was the Ogre Resort with the Mud Baths, which also doesn't exist.

So where's the best place to light fires in the OS servers with minimal Run-to-bank distance?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

The ghost town under the ecto. Need ghost speak ammy to bank but it's a good place with little traffic so no one will mess up your lines

Falador east bank iirc (the big one anyway). There's space for 6 or 7 lines of fires. I got 99 FM there back in 2007 sometime. :P

2q0mQ.png

If you start somewhere around the red circle (if you can see it), you should finish exactly at the bank entrance.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Hmm, rouge's den, I like that idea, I could east light there pretty easily.

Otherwise, I'll probably go Fally. Thanks

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Just curious why you do not want to tele varrock?

It limits inventory space, it's an unnecessary extra cost, its a crowded area, the tele isn't particularly close to the bank, it's not a good spot?

You use the teleport, then burn your logs, which will automatically walk you to the west bank. It's for when you don't want to run from the bank or mess with backwards firemaking.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just curious why you do not want to tele varrock?

It limits inventory space, it's an unnecessary extra cost, its a crowded area, the tele isn't particularly close to the bank, it's not a good spot?

You use the teleport, then burn your logs, which will automatically walk you to the west bank. It's for when you don't want to run from the bank or mess with backwards firemaking.

It limits inventory space, it's an unnecessary extra cost, its a crowded area, the tele isn't particularly close to the bank, it's not a good spot? :P

CNqWHdA.jpg

Limits 2 inventory spots. The cost is minimal at like 10-15k/hour max. Crowded maybe on a full world but so what, crowds do not hurt xp. You also get the mage xp from the tele. It is faster then any other spot unless you backwards firemake.

I just like it because it's close xp to backwards fm, without the hassel.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

crowds do not hurt xp.

Sometimes they do.

To answer why I don't want to use the tele, it's because I don't have a lot of money, and I'd prefer to just get the faster XP from East Lighting.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

After lighting a fire, you immediately run to the step east of the fire and light there. This allows you to start up a line in reverse, and then burning the next half of your inventory moves you westwards and back to the bank. If you pull off the timing correctly, you can light fires eastwards without breaking the firemaking tick and having the animation reload.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Wouldn't reccomend Foot's method as he uses third party.

But yes, backwards Firemaking at the Rogue's Den is the best method I've found so far.

Up until the release of bonfires in otherscape, I always found Port Phasmatys to be a really good spot to train Firemaking (be sure to equip Ghostspeak Amulet so you can one-click bank).

As for Mousekeys, JMods have stated that they're perfectly legal.

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.