24-Jun-2013 - Far and Wide: Transport Update

Ambler

Anybody tried keepsaking any of the Crucible weapons during the tutorial? It won't let me :(

EDIT: I suck. Got it to work. Have a sexy staff

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

looks like all 4 seasons are on it in the picture (left to right spring to winter)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Awesome. Fish Mask v2.0 coming. :wall: Maybe this one will actually look good.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I ALSO WISH TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE INCLUSION OF A NEW TRADEABLE RARE.

Sad that they've realised so quickly that they [bleep]ed up the Warbands nerf, but it had to happen to stick to the "theme" of the fix. No doubt it'll be broken again in a fortnight's time.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Just had some massive looking troll like monster walk through w77 dg lobby, examine text was something like "what is it?".

It just walked in and around lobby and then walked out again, could be to do with new boss though.

Midnight.png

I feel like Eagle's peak lode is supposed to make eagle network more appealing.

Eagle network WOULD be somewhat appealing for a few select uses with it there, IF they setup a post-quest 'skip' whereby the cave entrance and door to the eagle room linked. Traipsing through the whole dam cave every time is just a pita.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For those who haven't heard, yeah there's a teaser for the new boss that's they mentioned at the end of last week's BTS video.

Cave north of Falador (Where the Mercenaries used to be) is where it looks like it's gonna be...so possibly gonna be LRC related

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Yeah, they could have given us a rod of seasons instead of a...

Wait a minute.

Dude, if they did that and then made an accompanying Harp of Ages... That's a rare I would've probably gone for.

Anyway, everyone is citing the Fish Mask as the reason why Jagex sucks at implementing rares. Does no one remember the Chrismas Tree Hat? (Currently at 31mil compared to Fish mask's 1.7)

" Players can now win a Hoardstalker Dungeon ring from Sinkhole Ibis cards. This ring will teleport a player to a Dungeoneering Resource Dungeon up to 8 times before being destroyed."

How rare is it to get a Preening Ibis card? This really interests me.

Chrome doesnt load official wiki anymore =C

Worked just fine for me and I only use chrome.

hzvjpwS.gif

Fish Masks flaw was not that it is ugly as sin - it was that they made it FAR too common to be a 'rare'

It was as if they looked at phats and such and the player:item ratio when they first launched and used that as a guide. The great flaw being back then we were not expecting a discontinued rare. It was a throw away item that literally got thrown away in huge quantities thus creating the rarity. The foreknowledge of a rare market eliminated the throw away element meaning fish mask is just insanely common place and needs like 10+ yrs mixed with bannings, alchings, hackings etc to make the supply dwinadle.

Comparatively Christmas Tree Hat was done quite well. Wasn't outrageously rare, but was rare enough that it took a concerted effort to acquire it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wait a minute.

Dude, if they did that and then made an accompanying Harp of Ages... That's a rare I would've probably gone for.

Well, we have the Holy Cithara.

Granted, it's not red, but that's a start!

• Like 1

What does this warband change actually mean? I got a bit confused there

Just look up the previous warband update description.

They failed last time, so current update just made warbands match the previous (2+ weeks old) warband update notes.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

They failed last time, so current update just made warbands match the previous (2+ weeks old) warband update notes.

How did it fail last time then?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Back in the day, walking from Varrock was a viable way for low-levels to do Barrows.

• Like 8

How did it fail last time then?

Last time they stopped them spawning at different times of different worlds and stripped out the 'randomness' in spawn times.

So right at the update they all spawned at exact same time and all respawned 7 hours after they finished.

The failing in their attempt to sync them was two fold:

1) Success or failure of the beam makes the camp last 10 or 5 minutes from that point.

2) Camps being purposefully ignored so they lingered for ~20mins before despawning.

Both of these resulted in the exact 7 hour respawns becoming desynchronised.

In case 1 two completed camps could be divided by 5 minutes.

In case two an ignored camp could be offset by much longer.

Allowing warband pk etc to nudge them apart to get 3 a day quickly once more, by passing the 14 hours it should take to get 3 camps (assuming you start timer at camp 1)

This update just flat out changes this: Regardless of how a camp is completed or when it despawns it will conform to the globally synchronised 7 hour timer.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Wait a minute.

Anyway, everyone is citing the Fish Mask as the reason why Jagex sucks at implementing rares. Does no one remember the Chrismas Tree Hat? (Currently at 31mil compared to Fish mask's 1.7)

" Players can now win a Hoardstalker Dungeon ring from Sinkhole Ibis cards. This ring will teleport a player to a Dungeoneering Resource Dungeon up to 8 times before being destroyed."

How rare is it to get a Preening Ibis card? This really interests me.

Chrome doesnt load official wiki anymore =C

Worked just fine for me and I only use chrome.

What settings do you use? I had the same problem for a while now on atleast 3 computers

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm in the same boat as Miss Lioness.

The Official Rs Wiki will not load on my macbook or windows desktop in chrome, ff, ie or safari.

It doesn't fail to load as such, it just finishes loading with a blank white page.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm in the same boat as Miss Lioness.

The Official Rs Wiki will not load on my macbook or windows desktop in chrome, ff, ie or safari.

It doesn't fail to load as such, it just finishes loading with a blank white page.

Yeah =d!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I must say I'm quite fond of how each region has its own newly redesigned flag/crest. I wonder if this will be how areas are divided for control once world events are released? I'd also really like to actually see these crests displayed in the various towns in game, hopefully accompanied by graphical reworks of said towns...

It's stupid that these teleports are completely without requirements, though (with the exception of Prif.). Unlimited free teleports should be an incentive to complete certain quests in each of the areas. There might have actually been a reason for new players to do Priest in Peril again.

2dgucz6.png

It's always a head item for rares? Can't we have a new rare thing that isn't worn on the head? :/

Also found a new ice prison escape already. :lol:

Ice prison? What?

Anybody tried keepsaking any of the Crucible weapons during the tutorial? It won't let me :(

EDIT: I suck. Got it to work. Have a sexy staff

Sexy staff? I am interested in sexy staff. Do tell.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.