Regarding nerf to Juju Mining Potion

Miss Lioness

This update won't slow anyone down from reaching their goals. It may change the method they have to use (because banking gold is less viable), but it will be faster (because banking gold already sucked). Being encouraged to attain your goals in another, faster way can't properly be called a nerf, in my opinion.

Unless your goal was to collect all the gold ores you mined to 99 mining. :D

Or to make money from mining or anything in that direction.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I can sympathize with the people who are mad over the changed effect, but it's not that bad honestly.

You now get 10% more Mining xp plus Smithing XP, so any cash you would've earned with the ores now goes directly into Smithing XP

I might not be ideal for those who actually wanted the cash, because I'm quite sure using the porter sign will end up being in a near loss or so, but still we live in the EoC where dropping ores is way easier with the action bar.

Sure less AFK, but at a higher benefit

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I have basically no opinion on the matter, since I will not use the porter nor the juju potion for mining, and I have not used Juju potions either.

I super heat gold ores and drop the gold bars, and therefore the old juju potion was worthless to me since I don't want to bank the ores.

And because I don't want my ores banked, Porters are useless to me in mining. I know I can probably find other uses for porters elsewhere after I hit 99's, where as Juju mining would have been useless to me once I hit 99 mining and smithing (applies to both old or new).

two questions though:

1. How long do the new Juju last?

2. Does the smithing XP affect gold smelting? As in 10% extra on the 56.2xp?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I have basically no opinion on the matter, since I will not use the porter nor the juju potion for mining, and I have not used Juju potions either.

I super heat gold ores and drop the gold bars, and therefore the old juju potion was worthless to me since I don't want to bank the ores.

And because I don't want my ores banked, Porters are useless to me in mining. I know I can probably find other uses for porters elsewhere after I hit 99's, where as Juju mining would have been useless to me once I hit 99 mining and smithing (applies to both old or new).

two questions though:

1. How long do the new Juju last?

2. Does the smithing XP affect gold smelting? As in 10% extra on the 56.2xp?

5 Minutes

No

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Exactly, just because something can't be afk'd more doesnt mean it is nerfed. Also how many people nowadays are going to runecraft natures to 99 because it is better profit??? You have to see some flaw in that logic because it makes relatively no sense. Same concept. Dont expect jagex to take into consideration your personal goals with every update

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Awesome, I had hoped that the Juju was going to be actually useable once, but once again, the idea gets thrown out the window...

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Exactly, just because something can't be afk'd more doesnt mean it is nerfed. Also how many people nowadays are going to runecraft natures to 99 because it is better profit??? You have to see some flaw in that logic because it makes relatively no sense. Same concept. Dont expect jagex to take into consideration your personal goals with every update

Just because few people would do that doesn't mean nobody would do that.

Anybody actually test the xp rates with porters yet?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The fact people with juju may be a bit nerfed in time spent getting them is neither here nor there imo cause the signs are much better for miners who want to bank. Just take like 10 urns and 18 signs leave 1 space via equip and let the signs work their magic.

540 ores banked by the time you run outta signs which I'm fairly sure is more than you'd get from 5 mins of juju.

The old juju was a nice little bonus, but highly ineffectual compared to the signs and given the popularity of the smelt drop mining method vs banking the new juju seems as though it'd actually appeal to more people than the old one did. Sure the people who liked banking and therefore the old one lose out on it but they get the signs, which are even better.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The fact people with juju may be a bit nerfed in time spent getting them is neither here nor there imo cause the signs are much better for miners who want to bank. Just take like 10 urns and 18 signs leave 1 space via equip and let the signs work their magic.

540 ores banked by the time you run outta signs which I'm fairly sure is more than you'd get from 5 mins of juju.

The old juju was a nice little bonus, but highly ineffectual compared to the signs and given the popularity of the smelt drop mining method vs banking the new juju seems as though it'd actually appeal to more people than the old one did. Sure the people who liked banking and therefore the old one lose out on it but they get the signs, which are even better.

But more expensive and unuseable for the gold ore because you would actually lose more than you make.

Account Help

But at least you don't waste time making the Juju pots. It's faster to make the signs than it is to make the juju pots in large quantities.

tim_chenw2.png

I'm unclear how you are supposed to be making a loss with porters.

Gold ore - 426gp

Saph neck - 620gp

Emerald neck - 848 gp

Ruby neck - 1404gp

Diamond neck - 2251gp

Porter 1 - 5 charges, 620gp cost 2130gp on banked gold. 1510gp profit.

Porter 2 - 10 charges, 620gp cost, 4260gp on gold. 3640gp profit.

Porter 3 - 15 charges, 848gp cost, 6390gp on gold. 5542gp profit.

Porter 4 - 20 charges, 848gp cost, 8520gp on gold. 7627gp profit.

Porter 5 - 25 charges, 1404gp cost, 10650 on gold. 9246gp profit.

Porter 6 - 30 charges, 2251gp cost, 12780 on gold. 10529gp profit.

Given how easy energy is to get en-mass vs how many you need for a porter its not really worth buying it in to make them and even if you do decide to buy it the current values are not a good measure since they are inflated by early demand.

Even so, at current values I've seen whilst training vibrant was going for ~100 ea past couple of days; that's 4500gp for Porter 4 energy, 5348 cost vs 8520 of gold is by no means a loss.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm unclear how you are supposed to be making a loss with porters.

Gold ore - 426gp

Saph neck - 620gp

Emerald neck - 848 gp

Ruby neck - 1404gp

Diamond neck - 2251gp

Porter 1 - 5 charges, 620gp cost 2130gp on banked gold. 1510gp profit.

Porter 2 - 10 charges, 620gp cost, 4260gp on gold. 3640gp profit.

Porter 3 - 15 charges, 848gp cost, 6390gp on gold. 5542gp profit.

Porter 4 - 20 charges, 848gp cost, 8520gp on gold. 7627gp profit.

Porter 5 - 25 charges, 1404gp cost, 10650 on gold. 9246gp profit.

Porter 6 - 30 charges, 2251gp cost, 12780 on gold. 10529gp profit.

Given how easy energy is to get en-mass vs how many you need for a porter its not really worth buying it in to make them and even if you do decide to buy it the current values are not a good measure since they are inflated by early demand.

Even so, at current values I've seen whilst training vibrant was going for ~100 ea past couple of days; that's 4500gp for Porter 4 energy, 5348 cost vs 8520 of gold is by no means a loss.

Do not forget those items are bound to rise and the price of the energies

Account Help

Like I said energy is only getting cheaper and is so easy to get en-mass it's not worth buying. Plus as I clearly showed even with current values for a reasonably high energy there is still profit margin with buying energy.

And yes the necklaces may go up in value a bit, but I doubt they will rise enough to wipe out profit margins.

Sapphire would need 250% rise to wipe out porter 1, nearly 600% to wipe out porter 2.

Emerald 650% and nearly 900% needed to wipe out profits.

Ruby 650%

Diamond 460%

With rises like that needed I doubt any but porter 1 will be knocked out of profitability and even if they do get insane rises to near 400% it's not going to wipe out all profit on any others; heck porter 4 need suck a big rise that one is near impossible to become a lose.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Then stop trying to get something with a similar effect. It's that simple. The effect isn't worth it. It's a shitty effect. Be happy that they scrapped it for something that will actually benefit you.

Please stop trying to determine someone elses playing style! Mining ore yields resources for smiths, dropping and later buying someone elses ores makes no sense. (At least to a playing DIY style) The original mining juju functinality fit perfectly with a DIY style.

You are dismissing a valid complaint with the reasoning of a usage within a different playing style. From this change it seems that the RS devs listen too much to the boss/merchant/level buying players while not paying enough attention to the way RS was meant to be played.

I was with you up until "the way RS was meant to be played". Surely, the hypocrisy is obvious when your rationale was that Hedgehog was attempting to enforce a certain playing style on Lioness? Who are you, or anyone else, to say how RS is meant to be played?

• Like 3

You read too much in that last bit, I'm not saying how people should play RS, I'm saying that the RS developers need to keep an eye on the balance between different playing styles.

The "way RS was meant to be played" part refers to the fact that RS in the beginning was aimed at the DIY playing style, not that DIY is the play style everyone should practice.

You read too much in that last bit, I'm not saying how people should play RS, I'm saying that the RS developers need to keep an eye on the balance between different playing styles.

The "way RS was meant to be played" part refers to the fact that RS in the beginning was aimed at the DIY playing style, not that DIY is the play style everyone should practice.

Not really true.

From day 1 runescape has been about playing YOUR way; in the first few days of course this meant much more DIY due to lack of skills bit even then quickly people developed roles.

There were smiths and miners and fishers and cooks and we played the way we wanted to traded to get what else we needed.

To say runescape was 'meant to be played' DIY is utter bs and forcing your play-style/desires on to others, even if only passively because it is simply not true.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

From day 1 runescape has been about playing YOUR way; in the first few days of course this meant much more DIY due to lack of skills bit even then quickly people developed roles.

There were smiths and miners and fishers and cooks and we played the way we wanted to traded to get what else we needed.

To say runescape was 'meant to be played' DIY is utter bs and forcing your play-style/desires on to others, even if only passively because it is simply not true.

I don't know which RS you played in 2001, but we certainly had no fishermen :-) My most used food was apple pies then. The mule accounts used by the miners and smiths you mention were against the rules (as was server hopping btw).

You're correct on the fact that RS was and is meant to be played in whatever way you as the player like to play, so lets leave it at that before this develops in yet another relogious war about intentions :-)

Honestly this is my second least favorite update of all time. This nerf is useless and was only done to make divination have some sort of use, and after reading these posts it just shows that the porter is still useless for mining gold.

Sugar_Nana.png

They got a lot better for some people and for some people they became worthless, most likely the people who have a bank stash full of them.

This.

If you don't actually care about the ores, and are more about the exp then this was a good update. If you do care about the ores but are lacking jujus you are rather indifferent, or you will now find your time shift from Herblore Habitat to Divination. As Sy showed us, even with all of inputs to the porters you have a nice profit to be made. A 460% price increase is really far fetched unless Jagex suddenly decides on another bonus exp event. This really hurts a small group size as HunterDaxter has said. Those who had a large stockpile of Jujus and preferred ores. This is also kinda annoying to anyone who like ores and use of scrimshaws. It's a nerf to some and a buff to others.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]