Dg for Dummies

Tui

Dungeoneering for Dummies

By Tui

Huge special thanks to: Chu Dsl, Warfare52, Corrupt Idea, and El Bomb

Last updated on: 19/05/2016

The puzzle portion of this guide was ported to Tip.it's main page, located here.

Need a dungeoneering clan? Check out DGS

Foreword

I'm Tui, ex-admin of DGS with well over 200m xp gained in the skill. I've spent hundreds of hours teaching the skill and experimenting with it. I was in charge of resolving discussions regarding efficiency in DGS for well over a year. I authored various dungeoneering guides and it is my hope to pass on this knowledge to future generations of dungeoneers. 

This guide is intended for anyone who considers themself lacking in some aspects of the skill. It somewhat progresses from the absolute beginner to the experienced. My other guides are primarily targeted at the expert, though you may wish to read them once you've got a good understanding of these "basics". 

Feedback or pointing out mistakes is appreciated. Even more appreciated is quoting with your own wording/correction provided. 

@ Tif staff, you are free to edit this guide. I'd appreciate it if you pm me any edits.

I hope you enjoy that I suffered through hundreds of 20 minute floors so you don't have to. Good luck, and most of all, enjoy it: this skill is addicting when you play with friends, compare times, and even forget your goal. If you're interested I'm sure you'll improve quickly. Even my first time keying was a disaster  ;)

Table of Contents

• Introduction [iNTD] 
  • Getting started [GTSD]
  • Prestige [PRST]
  • Familiarizing yourself with Daemonheim [FYWD]
  • Low-level training [LLTN]
  • Skilling & Rushing [sKRS]
  • Binds [bNDS]
  • Class Rings [CSRG]
  • Floor choices [FLCH]
  • The Map (Part I) [TMP1]
  • Critical path [CRPT]
  • Abilities [ABLT]
  • Monsters [MSTR]
  • Puzzles [PZZL]
  • Miscellaneous [MSCS]
  • Bosses [bSSS]
  • Credits [CRDT]
Dungeoneering is a safe skill. Dying inside Daemonheim only has an xp penalty (-13%).

Introduction 

[iNTD]

The purpose of this skill is to open rooms to get to & kill the boss to go to the next floor. The more rooms opened the more xp gained.

Getting Started 

[GTSD]

Required items:

None (but must be able to bank all items)

Getting there

Fax0VSx.png

At the arrow click Sail Fremennik shipmaster.

getting%20to%20daemonheim%20p2.png

At the question mark talk to the dg tutor to receive a Ring of kingship (ring). You can now teleport to the yellow square where the Rewards Trader is. Bank all your items except for your ring. 

Click on your ring. This will open a Party Organizer tab, allowing you to venture into daemonheim.

Party%20details1.png 

Click form a party. Click “Change” adjacent to floor to select the floor, right now only 1, so click confirm. Click “Complexity” and click confirm. Clicking confirm without selecting a number will choose your highest. All portals in this area are useless. Click Climb-down Dungeon entrance, marked on the map above by the arrows. You are now in daemonheim. Right click and select bind on the battleaxe or the bow and arrows. Armour doesn't matter much now but at 20 dungeoneering you will be able to bind a body to wear. Right click the NPC “Bind-setup Smuggler” and click this arrow:

Bound%20items1.png

There are 6 types of doors in dg: a regular enter door, a skill requirement door, a guardian door, a key door, a puzzle door and the boss door. Key doors require you to pick up keys from the floor (up to 1 key found per room). Guardian doors require you to kill all monsters in the room. Puzzle doors require you to complete the puzzle. The boss door is a 1 way door, as you cannot exit the boss room in combat without the use of teleports.

Open doors and watch the minimap for red dots so you can pick up keys. In the last room you will fight a boss, kill it and click End-dungeon Dungeon ladder. You will now see an interface showing how much xp you earned. Click the arrow in the top right of this interface and then click the [1]. You can also right click the [1] to leave. 

Winterface1.png

You will need to continue doing another 4 extremely similar floors to unlock complexity 6 (c6).

Prestige 

[PRST] 

Open your party details by clicking your ring. View the floors available.

b94Cus3.png If every single floor has a check mark beside it, click the reset button b94Cus3.png

Failure to do so will cause a dramatic decrease in xp. Clicking the reset button without having all your floors checked off will also cause a dramatic decrease in xp.

Your party details also tells you how many floors are checked off (Current Progress) and how many you checked off before resetting last time (prestige/previous progress). The order you do your floors in does not matter. If you check off more floors than you did last time your prestige will go up without resetting for the remaining floors. Eg. I did floor 1-3 before resetting last time and am therefore 3 prestige. From doing floors 1-3 I unlocked f4, so I do that and get 4 prestige for it. All floors are now checked off so I reset and now have 4 prestige. 

prestige%20explanation.png

IlgJm53.png Floors in dg are split into themes. You can complete any floor of a theme to count for another. For example, if I've done floor 11 and do it again it will check off floor 10 with no xp penalty. Floor 12, being a different theme, cannot count for floor 11. Doing a lower floor to count for a higher floor (all lower floors of that theme complete) reduces your xp, although sometimes it is worth the decrease in xp to avoid certain bosses. The Bosses section suggests which floors to do in each theme.

Familiarizing yourself with Daemonheim

[FYWD] 

Your starting room is your base where you can loot your starting items, purchase supplies, process resources, and home teleport to.

base%20explanation.png

Anything unmarked is useless and should be ignored unless crafting a specific item to bind. You can find details on how to make those items elsewhere.

The first thing to get used to is which fish to take. Usually, the answer is Salve Eels, but you can examine any item or resource in daemonheim to find out what tier it is.

csCh0v3.png

At the start of each dungeon you will probably want to loot a little food, pick up an expensive item to sell to the smuggler to purchase feathers and rune essence, and then go to the rc altar and craft cosmic and law runes. Be wary of keys that hide under the smuggler and create and lay a personal gatestone at the base.

Any time you run into a room that you don't immediately understand how to do refer to a puzzles guide on how to complete the room quickly. Your first time in a room it may be worthwhile to kill all monsters in it to get used to the puzzle.

Should I kill all monsters all the time?

No.

Only kill monsters in rooms that are necessary (guardian doors and some puzzles). You will get much faster dg xp/hr and survival is almost never an issue. In fact, survival is so easy that you can go through many dungeons without eating a single piece of food, making it inefficient to pick up excess amounts.

IlgJm53.png Survival trouble? Completing the easy Daemonheim tasks gives you 1 consequence free death per day. 

Low-level training options

[LLTN]

dungeoneering_resource_door.png

Resource Dungeons

Every 5 or so levels you unlock a new resource dungeon located somewhere. Visit each new one for xp.

delve%20into%20daemonheim.png

Daily Challenges earn a large chunk of xp in the skill and gives a free Squeal of Fortune spin. Dungeoneering challenges are always to complete a single floor on c6 of any size. You can toggle all maxed skills off to prevent that skill's tasks being assigned by talking to Captain Haskell just south of the bank in Burthrope. You turn in your daily challenge to him. 

Recommended D&Ds

• 2164.gif
Tears of Guthix
  • logo_penguin.gif
Penguins
  • logo_sinkholes.png
Sinkholes 

Sinkholes is a 5 player D&D only doable twice a day. You slaughter all monsters and bring their loot and resources you find back to the base for 7 minutes. I find this D&D very boring so I haven't researched it, but apparently it's good xp. 

Other D&Ds for XP

• 12021.gif
Troll Invasion
  • soficon.png
Squeal of Fortune
  • 12064.png
Rewards from Quests or Tasks.

Leeching floors

AZNw8iR.png

This is where you don't participate and others do the floor for you. You have 2 main options. 

There is a free leeching friends chat requiring 90 cmb in which generally 1 high level player will solo a large low floor # in around 20-30 minutes where you only participate in emotes, levers, and portals rooms. For more details, look on the rsof.

Your other option is to pay gp for someone to do floors for you. This is a trust trade and you can find lots of groups on the rsof that do this. The most trustworthy ones will have a big friend's chat.

If you are f2p and minimum combat level you can join many dg teams and leech for free. F2p is much worse xp than p2p. You can try the themed world (7) or look on rsof. 

Things like multilogging training dg, having friends let you leech, and buying floors is against the spirit of the game. Dungeoneering is by far the most in-depth skill and while there is something to be said about the efficiency of leeching, in the long run you're the one who loses out.

Teams make the skill a lot more fun, but you need a decent (~59+) dg level for majority of teams.

And your other training option is... daemonheim! As described in detail throughout this guide.

Skilling & Rushing

[sKRS]

Some skills are efficient to collect while dungeoneering simply for the fast xp it provides. It is very frowned upon to do with teammates because it is never efficient for dg xp / hr to skill.

The only skills that you should train while dungeoneering are:

• Fishing 
  • Mining (mine all rocks in a Mining cross room)
  • Woodcutting
  • Firemaking (if training woodcuting)
  • Summoning (if you have resources)
  • Thieving
You should only collect resources of tiers that are close to your level. For example, at 90 mining I would only bother mining tier 8 and higher resources; Katagon, Gorgonite, and Promethium. You can see what tier a resource is by examining it.

tier%20examine%20info.png

Thieving chests do not show tier upon examine. Loot all if you value thieving xp.

The gatherer class provides extra resources while skilling but you do not get xp for those resources. 

Rushing your low floors

Most people with ~50+ dg opt to rush through their low floors because of the low xp received from them. This is always done on C1 with the party designed for 1 player upon entering. Doing your C1s as a team makes it marginally faster. There is no group gatestone in c1s but casting the spell will teleport you to the party leader.

Another option if you value skilling xp is to do these rushes as a complexity 2 or 3 so you can fish, woodcut, firemake, and/or mine. Having your ammo bind as cosmics is helpful. You can buy feathers from the smuggler.

Binds

[bNDS] 

dGFTZvu.png

You may keep up to 10 binds stored. These can be managed from the Smuggler. You may have one separate active ammo bind and may not store any. Throwing knives and their off-hand versions are stored as if they were regular binds up but with up to 125 (or 225) kept.

The quest Salt in the Wound allows your ammo bind to store 225 instead of the regular 125.

Ammo includes all arrows, runes, and the now useless celestial surge box. Staves, wands, and orbs provide infinite elemental runes allowing you to cast any offensive spell without the use of an ammo bind.

The toolbelt contains all the necessary dg tools by default. It does not provide feathers for the fishing ferret puzzle. Like binds, you can replace the hatchet and pickaxe with a higher tiered version by selecting “Add-to toolbelt Primal Hatchet”. If you add a higher tiered tool than you can use it will act as the highest tiered tool that you could use. A higher tier tool will cause less failures on skill doors and is vital for skilling described in the previous section. 

You can obtain items to bind by either collecting the resources and processing it or by killing certain dg bosses for the items. Tier 11 (level 99) equipment is only obtainable as drops by bosses. The friend's chat “Dung Smith” is a good fc for requesting items made. You can sometimes find hunts for certain items in themed worlds or organized by friends. It is recommended you do a boss hunt as follows.

T11 Item hunts:

M1uqy3X.png

In addition all hunts should be done with Guide mode on. The box in the bottom right of your party details does this. Guide mode highlights required doors on your map so you can get to and kill the boss for the item quicker. There is a glitch that the guide mode box stays checked off when you exit a c6 guide mode floor, but is not actually enabled. Clicking it once enables it.

Boss hunts:

fGvd0Nz.png

Your binds will be dependent on the combat style(s) you choose to use and your levels.

mmoSTgw.png

A 2 handed sword > Maul > Spear, but only of the same tier.

*Hood = Shadow silk hood

For magic and ranged dual wielding is ideal but requires 2 active binds, which is only worth it once you have 4 or 5 binds.

vQCqh6Z.png

The combat triangle is crucial when selecting your primary and secondary style. If your secondary style isn't most effective on your primary style's weakness, your secondary style will be far less effective.

Suggested primary/secondary options:

G4j9h31.png

If you are using ranged or magic as your primary style consider using an offhand over hood. But with melee primarily, the hood is an important deterrent to stat reduction and binds. Dual-wield knives as your secondary to melee should only be used for speeds. Dual-wield has marginally better abilities and opens up ammo binds for rangers, but has a short attack range and deals less damage on the initial hit before abilities are used. 

If you're f2p or under 80 combat stats magic will generally be best unless you are significantly better at melee/ranged. Past 80 pick whatever is highest with melee being slightly better at even levels.

No other binds are worth using.

Ammo bind

You ammo bind should be one of the following:

• Laws (if not using a bow)
  • Cosmics (Temporarily for solo rushing)
  • Arrows (If using a setup with a bow)
If you do not have 54 rc to craft laws but have 64 magic to cast group gatestone teleport you must bind laws. Get a friend to help you bind laws as your ammo bind. Similarly under 27 rc with 34+ magic must bind cosmics. Note that laws, cosmics, deaths, etc. do not require their usual quests or p2p status to craft in daemonheim. 

Class Rings

[CSRG] 

When in a dungeon you can right click your ring of kinship and select “customize”. This allows you to spend tokens to get a boost in a certain class. 

Ring%20of%20kinship%20Melee.png

Ring%20of%20kinship%20Ranged.png

Ring%20of%20kinship%20Magic.png

Ring%20of%20kinship%20Skiller.png

The only rings worth using are as follows:

• Berserker (increased accuracy with a 2h weapon)
  • Desperado (increased ranged levels)
  • Blazer (extra fixed damage splats)
  • Gatherer (only useful for making items to bind)
Your ring of kinship can only use one class at a time unless you've done the dg task set. You can have a secondary class that you can switch to in combat by right clicking your ring. This is called your quickswitch.

If you've done the task set you can perm Blazer or Desperado and quickswitch between Blitzer or Sniper and your other style.  

After purchasing a ring tier you must select the class by clicking “Switch-to” and right click option “QuickSwitch” for your secondary style of combat.

Recommended Ring Tiers:

y4GZ5qe.png

Buying the first tier of Desperado jumps straight to 55% of tier 10 and costs only 135 tokens.

Table assumes Chaotics or beyond goal.

You can also reset your ring of kinship ONCE to get back all tokens you spent on tiers.

Floor Choices

[FLCH]

Recommended items:

• Prayer renewals, ideally (1) dose
  • Overloads, ideally (1) dose
How to do your floors: 

Solo:

DlcepRH.png

Teams:

gSmRI8v.png

If you value skilling xp in the skills recommended in Skilling & Rushing replace all C1s with solo C2s.

I.e. As a lvl 62 dg'er I would c1 rush 1-5, c2 1-11, or c1 1-11 with a team. 

You should always do some solos each reset. It is vital that you learn and practice how to do every puzzle and manage your gates alone.

Once you unlock occults be sure to key/solo some occs to get the occult-unique books puzzle.

The Map (Part I)

[TMP1]

Read this guide instead. The images here are broken and I thought I'd saved a copy of all images in this guide, but apparently not.

The map is of vital importance for everyone to understand for fast floors. First off, you must be able to remember what doors are on it and where. Good places to note where things are: DGSweeperSwiftkit notepad, or in the developer's console (`).

8CoRce7.png

This is your map. It is a vital tool to avoid backtracking (re-exploring an area) and in organizing a team. 

You can avoid backtracking by predicting which paths will be smaller based off the map and doing those first. If you do bigger paths first, you have to rerun through the same room(s) many times. 

The Red icon represents player 1 (you) on the map. The red face is boss, and the stairs home. In a team, Blue is player 2, Green 3, Yellow 4, and Grey 5. 

Terminology

Path: A sequence of rooms that is going in a certain direction. In this map, there are two paths; the west path is where the red, blue and turquoise players are, whilst the east path is where the green and yellow players are: 

kmv7.png

Fork: A fork is any room that leads to multiple paths. Here's an example of a three-pronged fork (referred to as a 3-way):

gr63.png

Paths can never reconnect after the initial forking point of a path. (The map cannot circle.)

Dead EndDE - A DE is the end of a path. In this picture, the east path has DE'd (Dead Ended):

mh9.png

Map limitations:

Small floors: 10-16 rooms, in a 4x4 centered square. 

Medium floors: 23-32 rooms, in a 4x8 centered rectangle. Because of the uneven area the map can fill, the South and North are generally bigger paths than East and West. 

Large floors: 50-64 rooms. 

gAPaQ1x.png

Identifying path sizes:

You never want to run through the same area twice needlessly. The map allows you to predict which paths will DE faster. You should always be trying to DE smaller paths before moving onto larger paths. Take a look at this map capture:

u6jp.png

Do the shorter paths first because they are more likely to DE (which means the path will be completely opened). In this example, we can see from the map that the east path can only go one door east. Knowing this, we can say it's likely for the eastern path to DE. The map played out like this: 

x4fo.png

Path interference

Paths interfere with each other, which can cause a path that looked big to DE quickly. You can predict which paths are more likely to DE based on how awkward it would be for the path to fill in an area. For example, in the picture below the red and blue squares are in bad positions to fill in the map. 

FcvlDJd.png

In this next one both red and yellow are competing to the death. Green is pretty much guaranteed a decent path. 

GbAOLpv.png

In this medium floor below red looks bigger, but due to path interference it could DE (although it's more likely to continue), while yellow is very unlikely to DE. Often at smaller forks it's worth it to open both doors, looking for DE's caused by path interference. Often it both will end up being an actual path -  don't be discouraged; it takes only a few ticks to scout and potentially saves backtracking several rooms.

TC35gFY.png

Critical Path

[CRPT]

This section mostly pertains to teams. As a solo'er the crit path allows you to predict boss and try to DE bonus first, but it isn't hugely important.

Determining which paths are critical and which paths are bonus is an important part of the Dungeoneering metagame. The critical path is a coninuous line of 19-23 in a large, 10-14 in a medium, and 6-8 in a small.

Here is a picture of a large map with guide mode enabled; the critical path is the highlighted path:

0FAe0Hi.png

The critical path must be completed in order to find the boss, and thus finish the floor. Bonus paths do not need to be completed in order to find the boss. 

Any door that must be boosted (or cannot be done) is bonus. 

The crit path tends to have more key doors (~33%), as it must lock itself from continuing so it's not just a 1 way gd -> puzzle -> gd -> gd etc. Keys on the critical path are not necessarily crit keys, unless it's the last key you get on that path before it becomes bonus or DE's. 

Why is this imporant?

It is important to keep the GGS on the critical path as much as possible, because due to its nature (the fact that it is a connected line of rooms) it cannot randomly hit a dead end, and since all bonus branches diverge off of it, it's nice to have the GGS there so that these paths can be opened and ran.

Generally, except when the map is almost done, the critical path will be larger than bonus paths. This means, if soloing you should prioritize these paths, or assign a single player to these paths if you're playing with a team. 

It is imperative that the GGS shouldn't always be on the critical path, especially when playing with teams. If there are two conflicting paths that both have the potential to be big, it is most likely better for GGS to go down the crit path, but only because crit is more likely to be bigger, not just because it’s critical. The GGS needs to go onto the biggest portion of the map; if someone is struggling with a split gate, and there is no possible way to group gates, then it can be used to help re-distribute the team.

How do I determine which paths are critical?

On the critical path, rooms that require levels to complete (skill doors, puzzles, etc.) will always require a high level to complete. Specifically, the level requirement on critical path rooms ranged from the maximum level on the team to nine levels under that. That means if there's a player with 99 agility, a critical agility door must be level 90 or above. 

You can determine what level as required from a room by watching your xp drop. Different leveled rooms give proportinately different xp drops. See the table below for more information: 

xjUa7wI.png

I.e. If you have a player with 99 Farming on the team, any farming door that gives less than 460 experience will be bonus.

Also overloading before floors likely puts you at 105+ str/mage/range. 510+ xp doors are obviously bonus; you were able to complete them because of the overload.

Coloured lodestones follow an unknown formula, but they can require under 90 magic on crit. They do not vary in experience based on critical vs. bonus portions of the map, and their xp drops can be ignored.

Many things in puzzle rooms give ~0.5 xp, such as 10 stats/3 stats weapon crafting, catching hunt ferret, fletching trap, imbue arm, craft arm, repair bridge, cooking vile fish, throw grapple hook, and possibly more. (Since it's ~0.5 xp, you will get 0xp sometimes and 1xp other times.) Most xp gains in puzzle rooms can only be gained once: i.e. first rock you mine gets xp, first 3 vile fish, etc.

If the party difficulty is set to less than the amount of players (i.e. a 4:5 large) then crit rooms will be designed for the 2nd highest skill level on team. Bonus can still do whatever it wants.

Low-leveled resources do not spawn on the critical path. Any path that spawns a resources two tiers below the maximum tier that the highest levelled player can harvest is bonus. For example, if you have a maxed player on your team: any path with a katagon ore, corpesthorn tree, or salve eels fishing spot, that path is bonus. The rule also applies to Dinomastices. For example, the critical path can only contain Megamastices and Tyrannomastices. 

Thieving chest on the critical path are 1.1k or 1.4k experience. These are sometimes half xp in solos / smaller floor sizes.

A room is more likely to be boss if it’s closer to ht. 

The experience you receive from a door is different if you have xp-sharing activated. The system works this way: every player which has the potential level to open the door receives a portion of its experience. This means that every single player has to have xp-sharing disabled in order for the first player to receive the full experience.

This is why you should always keep your xp-sharing disabled.

Abilities

[ABLT] 

Read

rAf3b44.png

Chain - hits up to 2 additional enemies that are within 4 squares of the target.

wzMU7om.png

Dragon Breath - must be adjacent to target. AoE attack.

2yixuzG.png

Asphyxiate - 6 second combo attack

Qz6EGUN.png

Wild Magic - 219% twice

OPlHPXf.png

Fire surge

YyEEGRV.png

Freedom %5BD%5D

y43UHIo.png

Anticipation %5BD%5D

ydJpf9m.png

Create Gatestone

2ppZSu2.png

Gatestone teleport

QpokSpt.png

Group gatestone teleport

7w7vqIo.png

Avoid these

lqi4SDi.png Combust - Does not stack with Blazer ring class. Avoid usage.

DXMZK4r.png Impact - Use if no other ability available. Hits 100% weapon damage.

Range abilities

k1mw7Qr.png

Piercing shot - up to 125% wep dmg

w4ETSVw.png

Dazing Shot (2h)

ELVjw7C.png

or

Needle strike (DW) - increases your next attack's critical hit and will last the entirety of any combo attack, such as Rapid fire.

Mdfc1K2.png

Ricochet - hits up to 2 additional enemies that are within 4 squares of the target.

1tUDSb9.png

Fragmentation shot - 3 splats, force target to move by standing under.

7QbRNko.png

Bombardment - AoE adjacent to target.

gpBS6q0.png

Rapid fire - 6 second combo attack

YpI8D7E.png

General info

The hotkeys you choose on your ability bar is up to preference but you want to be close to F-keys and avoid using 1, 2, 3, or 4 as it means you can interrupt yourself when trying to do certain puzzles, such as 3 stats or polter. Using these numbers as hotkeys is not game breaking (unless you put them to gates) but it is better to get used to simply having your hand down a row to minimize mistakes. Clicking abilities or not using F-keys (F1, F2, F3, F4, F5) dramatically reduces your apm (actions per minute).

Ability usage -

No matter what style you should always be alternating your basics as such:

Slice, Dismember, Slice, Sever, Slice, Cleave, Slice*, %5BUseful threshold%5D

Slice is analogous to Piercing shot / Wrack.

By this point if you had a regular attack before your first slice you will be able to threshold. Unless you have the ability book open to Smash use this Slice.

Hotkey usage will probably look like this:

qqwwwqqqeeeqqqrrrqqqdd

Here I am pressing once per tick. You can only use an ability once in every 3 ticks regardless of cooldowns. Stacking abilities and regular attacks is not worth it. You can either click your gates on your ability bar or use hotkeys. Using hotkeys is more prone to accidental teleports but is marginally faster. If you need to read this guide you should probably just click. Having T unassigned to a hotkey allows you to quickly select targets by pressing T and clicking a monster. This is useful for switching targets and not having your ability attack your previous target by mistake while you run towards your new target. The WASD keys also act as arrow keys if you do not have them assigned to anything. 

Mages

You should use anticipation whenever you see a forgotten mage, ideally right after it dehoods you if using hood. Using freedom should be reserved only for when you don't have anticipation. If you are primarily a ranger or mage using anticipation in gds isn't usually necessary. For melee even if you are within attacking distance it is usually worth it to use anticipation unless you have a threshold ready.

When running through empty rooms it can be worthwhile to use Anticipation alternating with Freedom every 10 seconds to conserve adrenaline to dish out thresholds as soon as you hit a gd. Similarly you should also remove your hood sometimes for this same reason. 

You can also put other things on your ability bar, such as your ring of kinship which allows you to have your quickswitch clickable on the ability bar. It takes up two spaces if you want to be able to switch back. You cannot press a hotkey to switch. I don't consider this generally worth it.

You can put prayers, food, etc. on your ability bar. You can even drop your personal gatestone via the ability bar but it is glitched and doesn't work a lot of the time.

%5Bhr%5D 

Monsters

%5BMSTR%5D 

Almost all monsters are weak against their combat triangle weakness*. Switching styles mid gds requires apm and often delays attacks if done improperly. You should ideally switch to the correct style if you have it against things within 3/4ths of your combat level. Necromancers within 1/2. If you have thresholds ready consider continued usage of your primary style unless the gd is packed with monsters weak to your secondary or even tertiary if applicable. That said, eoc made gds a lot quicker so you aren't wasting as much time as you used to if you never switch styles! 

Your combat tab (F5) will show you your active target and it's weakness to use if you are unsure. 

*Hellhounds are an exception, as they are meleers yet are weak to Melee. Bosses use multiple styles and jagex claims they have no weakness.

Forgotten mages can bind you, dehood you, and reduce your attack, strength, and defense. 

Reborn mages which are exclusive to warped floors will dehood you, can reduce your stats, and can summon Reborn Warriors which last around 1 minute or until you kill them and will teleport into rooms you go into & block gds from being opened. You should always kill reborn mages first in a room.

Necromancers from the occult theme will dehood you and summon melee-zombies similar to their level. Kill necros first. 

Dragons can hit up to around 2000 with their dragon breath. Mage prayer inside daemonheim will reduce this to around 100.

Certain slayer monsters can be found in Daemonheim. They do count towards your task and there are even some exclusive enemies requiring 41, 71, 90, and 99 slayer to kill.

%5Bhr%5D

Rest continued in another post due to img limit. 

%5Bhr%5D 

Miscellaneous

%5BMSCS%5D 

Prayer flashing – since you use an ability every 3rd tick you can also flash an offensive prayer on these ticks to conserve prayer. For protection prayers usually every 2nd tick is best, unless you know the timing of the monster you're fighting. Your click must be received by Jagex the tick before you attack and the deactivating click as soon as the animation starts, which is usually when the hitsplat appears. 

Monsters killed from typeless damage (Blood necklace, Wrath, Retribution) can drop their unique drops (blood necklace, promethium dagger, hexhunter bow, dromoleather body, etc.) but will not drop player-based drops, such as food and resources. This is because those drops are catered to your stats and dungeon, unlike unique drops. You can get slayer drops this way but it takes very long and others with the slayer level can easily get the kill instead. 

Mousewheel 

This allows you to rotate your screen much faster which is very helpful. It may take a little while to get used to. 

Fixed screen mode

You can see much less which is super helpful to your “I'm so good I can dungeoneer with my eyes closed” goal. Good luck.

You should have max brightness and all graphics setting on the lowest if you want the least lag and be able to see everything the best. 

Ramokee monsters and shades currently have a glitch where they will heal to full if not in combat for a few seconds. Think some other 'mons do too, Idr.

Herblore - 

Some bonus rooms will require levels above the highest on the team going all the way up to 105 for any potable (non-pray/summ) skill door or puzzle. It is worth looting herb drops and chests and sometimes even worth farming to complete these rooms. The following herbs should be looted: Valerian, Magebane, Lycopus, Sage, Wormwood, Winter's Grip. They are grouped in 3s to make different strengths of the same potion. Generally a weak potion boosts your level by 4, medium by 7, and strong by 11.  

You can buy the secondaries for the potions from the smuggler, as well as vials needed.

It is highly recommended to make your notes as follows: 

Herblore notes:

110630040745.png

Teaming up - 

If you are hosting a floor you are the one “keying” it. This means you are in charge of directing people and opening a lot of doors. This only really applies with bad teams, as on advanced teams everyone will contribute the best they can in directing each other and opening doors. If you are on a themed world try and gauge who you can trust to follow directions asap. 

If you are not the keyer you should be listening to directions, ggsing when you don't know what to do and exploring paths to gate doors for them. You should also talk about what you're doing to avoid redundant actions of teammates. 

%5Bhr%5D

Bosses

%5BBSSS%5D

Unless otherwise stated any style works decently. Although research on this is incomplete, so if you notice a style working badly please tell me so. Soulsplit usually works better than protection prayers. Note that you can get all lower bosses from a higher floor of the same theme, but you have the highest chance of getting the specific boss on the bracketed floors. So for example on floor 6 I have a 50% chance of Plane-Freezer and 12.5% chance each for Behemoth, Astea, Icy Bones, and Lum Icefiend. Always use offensive prayers against bosses. Remember that most bosses are stun-immune so abilities such as Kick, Binding shot, and Impact will do extra damage. 

%5Bspoiler%5D

Frozen

Gluttonous Behemoth 

1436.gif

Gluttonous Behemoth (f1-2) – You must stand between it and the Bovimastyx or it will heal up during the fight. It can only heal once per fight though. In parties designed for 2 or more players there will be 2 Bovimastyx so the team must split up to block both. Pray melee. 

Astea Frostweb

1401.gif

Astea Frostweb (f1-2) – She uses protection prayers which completely protect her from the style, switching once every ~25 seconds. She summons ice spiders and occasionally binds you for 5 seconds. Anticipation does not block the bind but freedom frees you from it. Pray magic.               

Icy Bones

1412.gif

Icy Bones (f1-2) – He creates ice spikes on the floor around himself but with space inside letting you melee him if you were adjacent. It is therefore recommended to have the ggs (group gatestone) inside this area for meleers to teleport to. Pray melee.              

Luminescent Icefiend

1440.png

Luminescent icefiend (f3-5) – It hides in ice at 75%, 50%, 25%, and at 1 lp becoming immune to attacks and raining ice spikes down on players. You can avoid these spikes and is easier to do if you are walking as you don't need to change directions midway. The ice spikes are programmed not to be able to KO you, although rare glitches can occur. You can obviously be ko'd from his regular attacks once he finishes his special. You CANNOT teleport out of this room. Pray ranged. 

Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz

1449.png

Plane-Freezer Lakhrahnaz (f6-8) – The floor is made out of ice and you will slide on it until you hit an obstacle. It is easier to range or mage this boss. If you are adjacent to him he will occasionally shove you away from him, causing you to slide on the ice until you hit an obstacle. Pray mage (?)

To'Kash the Bloodchiller

1444.gif

To'Kash the Bloodchiller (f9-11) – When he says "Sleep now, in the bitter cold..." he will use his special attack where he will freeze players and damage them a little when freed. If vital you can teleport to your gatestone to cancel this attack. With multiple players one person will be freed and that player can free other players early and prevent extra damage from being received. Pray mage or melee. 

Abandoned 1

Divine Skinweaver/Skeleton Horde 

1452.gif

Divine Skinweaver / Skeleton Horde (f12-14) – Skeletons of the 3 combat styles come out of the walls. A max of 5 skeletons can come out at once. Consider attacking all skeletons of 2 styles until all the skeles alive are of the same combat style and use protection prayers against that style. If you need healing, stand on the mat near the divine skinweaver who will heal you in increasing amounts. Each time you kill a certain number of skeletons the Skinweaver will yell at you until you blockade one of the 5 skeleton entrances along the walls. After blocking them all and killing remaining skeles talk to the skinweaver to complete the boss, opening the dungeon exit.

Hobgoblin Geomancer

1448.gif

Hobgoblin Geomancer (f12- 14) – Do not use prayers/curses against this boss. He has a special attack which absorbs your prayer and heals if you were using any. He will bind a player occasionally and teleport. Freedom will remove the bind, but anticipation does not block it.

Bulwark Beast

1441.gif

Bulwark Beast (f12-14) – You must mine his armour off before being able to damage him with melee/range. You can mage him immediately. Attacking with a melee weapon such as your fists will default to your pickaxe in your toolbelt. Fury and combo attacks are much more effective than DoT attacks for removing his armour. If the party can mage him, do so. Avoid stepping under him as he will stomp on you. Pray ranged. Do not mage pray as he will drain your prayer. Always mage him in low complexities.

Unholy Cursebearer 

1453.gif

Unholy Cursebearer (f15-17) – The boss will slowly reduce your combat stats. You may Restore them by drinking from the fountain beside the dungeon exit but it will restore a small fraction of his hp. Watch your stats and restore them if you get under 75% regular. After killing the boss restore your stats at the fountain if you aren't finished the dungeon. Pray magic or melee.

Furnished

Rammernaut 

1454.gif

Rammernaut (F18-19) – He can occasionally stun players with regular attacks. If he does use freedom. When he yells “CHARGE!” he will run around the room doing extra damage and stunning players. Use anticipation when he does this. You can avoid the attack by staying close to the walls and running. He can crash into the walls with this attack, ending it and stunning him. The corners work the best for this, but the mechanics of this attack are very glitchy, so don't expect to be able to consistently avoid it. Pray melee.

1455.gif

Stomp (F18-19) - At 66%, 33%, and 1 lp it will become immune to damage. It will drop a bunch of rocks and 2 crystals. You must take the crystals to the 2 lodestones otherwise Stomp will heal 33% hp. You can mine the rocks. It is recommended to use anticipation/freedom during this phase to conserve adrenaline. After each phase you want to get rid of remaining rocks by either mining them or waiting for stomp to destroy them with one of his attacks (which he is more likely to do from a distance). If you don't get rid of the rocks there is a chance he will drop the crystals where rocks are, causing them not to appear at all. Pray ranged.

Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter 

1447.gif

Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter (F18-19) – He will summon portals that look like colored bubbles under you. Run to a blank square when he does this. Red bubbles do increasing damage that can ko you quickly. Black bubbles reduce your combat stats quickly. Green bubbles poison you for increasing amount. Pray mage or melee.

Lexicus Runewright

1456.gif

Lexicus Runewright (F20-23)– He will summon books that hit moderately but are always one hit ko'd. If you are taking too much damage consider killing them. Using melee will result in taking 1/3rd recoil damage for all attacks. He has much higher hp than you so it is hard to survive if meleeing. He will occasionally yell “Book barrage!” and a bunch of books will appear and shortly after explode where players were standing, dealing heavy damage if you did not avoid it. Pray magic.

Saggitare 

1457.gif

Sagittare (F23-26)- He prays range so you cannot range. He will teleport away after being dealt ~20% of his maximum health. When he teleports away he says "Back-off" and then "Arrow-rain" and will shoot a volley of arrows into the sky. If you do not move out of the way by moving 4 squares in either direction you will be hit for moderate damage and then stunned. Freedom will break you free the stun, but anticipation will not prevent it. Pray mage.

Night-gazer Khighorahk 

1458.gif

Night-gazer Khighorahk (F27-29)- There are four pillars of lights in every corner of the room. In solos try to keep at least 2 lit when attacking. In teams keep all four of these lit at all times to deal maximum damage. Anyone within two squares of a light when it goes out suffers minor damage. This boss also a special attack where it will have a blue orb around it and will just up into the air, and then slam itself into the ground. Walk a square away from it or you will suffer high damage. This boss has two forms; the second form is identical to the first except is a lower combat level and the pillars will remain lit.

Abandoned 2

Shadow-Forger Ihlakhizan 

1459.gif

Shadow-Forger Ihlakhizan (F30-32)- He has one special ability that will hit you for very high damage and lower your stats. When he glows run behind one of the four pillars around him so that you will not get hit. It is very important to not get hit by his special or the fight may take a long time. Pray range.

Bal'lak the Pummeler

1460.png

Bal'lak the Pummeler (F33-35)- At the top of the screen is a meter showing Bal'lak's defence. As the fight goes his defence will slowly increase and if it gets too high you will hit extremely inaccurately. To counter this lure him (move him) to on top of the green portals he spawns on the floor. While standing on these portals his defence will slowly decrease. His defence will also decrease if there is no one present in the boss room which can be an effective strategy if his defence gets too high. Pray melee.

Occult

Skeletal Trio 

1516.gif

Skeletal Trio (F36-38)- There are three different monsters; A mage, a ranger, and a melee'r. Each will have an overhead prayer and will pray either melee, range, or magic. The overhead prayer will change every 20 seconds or so on each of the three warriors. The best strategy is to always use your primary style unless all of them are praying against that style at the same time, in which case switch to your secondary. Try and pile one monster if in a team to kill it so you take less damage. Pray Magic until the magic attacker is dead then pray range and finally melee.

Runebound Behemoth  

1510.gif

Runebound Behemoth (F36-38)- When you enter the room there will be three lodestones and the boss will be praying all three protection prayers. To deal damage you must activate the lodes to turn off his prayers, one correspondes to melee prayer, one to range, etc. It is advised to turn off his melee prayer first since it's most commonly used by players and attacking with melee until the melee prayer turns back on. Then turn off the mage/range lodes until his prayer for those returns and you repeat. If all three of his overhead prayers are on there is a chance he will use his special attack which will fire little balls out of his head that do 1000's of damage each, so avoid having all three protection prayers activated as much as possible. Pray range.

Gravecreeper 

1511.gif

Gravecreeper (F36-38)- He will be in a room with lots of panels on the ground and tombs standing next to them. At 66%, 33%, and 1 lp he will disappear and the graves will turn purple. You must pray at the tombs to get the purple to go away. When he comes back all of the purple will turn into purple spots that will damage you for constant 500's. Because of this it is ideal to pray at tombs that are near each other so you have room to kill him. He also will spawn random places that turn purple and subsequently deal you damage, so try and avoid these. Pray range.

Necrolord

1513.png

Necrolord (F39-41)- He will be behind a barricade that you cannot pass, which means he cannot be meeled. You MUST use range/mage to fight him. During the fight he will spawn meele skeletons that will deal a decent amount of damage. Stand next to the barricade so less skeletons can attack you at once. Pray range.

Flesh-Spoiler Haasghenahk 

1514.png

Flesh-spoiler Haasghenahk (F42-44)- This boss has two phases. In the first phase he will be in the center and all you have to do is attack him. Occasionally he will shoot out his eye and deal large amounts of damage. In the second phase he will no longer have the eye attack but will spawn lots of minions that deal constant damage. Pray melee for the whole fight.

Yk'Lagor the Thunderous

1515.png

Yk'Lagor the Thunderous (F45-47)- When you first go into the room he will be in a blue orb and there will be low level mages surrounding him. You have to kill off the mages and then a short animation ensues where he kills the remaining mages and then attacks you. Put the gt behind a pillar on whichever side he is closer to. If you don't do this others can't safely teleport in. During the fight he will say different phrases that correspond to what attack he will use. "Come closer" Means he will stun you and he will heal himself. You must run behind a pillar quickly to avoid this. He also will say "This is...." and then jump in the air. You also must get behind the pillar or the ground will hit you for massive damage. Pray melee. NOTE: If you have a bad connection it is not recommended to do this boss. 

Warped

Blink 

1532.png

Blink (F48-50)- In the room with blink are pillars that are in the ground. When you press them they shoot up into the air, and only one may be raised at a time. Blink will run around the room in straight lines and you must activate a pillar and make him run into it. The easiest way to do this is to stand on the sides, not in the center. Blink only runs North or East, so never stand in the SW corner of the room. Once he gets hit by the pillar attack him until he starts running again, and then begin the process over again. Pray mage.

Warped Gulega

1530.gif

Warped Gulega (F48-50)- He has very high defence and he cuts all damage he takes in half. Familiars do extra damage against Gulega. Even with familiars this boss fight can be very very long. During the fight Gulega will spawn tentacles in the ground that come towards you, and if they reach you they will hit you down to 1lp. To dodge this run 2 squares in any direction. If you have it use group vengeance; have everyone stand on top of one another. Try and veng the special attack and this will kill him quickly, but you may die multiple times. Pray melee.

Dreadnaut 

1542.gif

Dreadnaut (F48-50)- Dreadnaut looks a lot like Rammernaut, but he will spawn orange crevices that deal you high damage. Move off of these spots as much as possible and attack with your primary attack. Pray meele.

Hope Devourer

1533.gif

Hope Devourer (F51-53)- Hope is the fastest warped boss. It has low defence and its special attack slams you back and deals you about 1-2k damage. Attack with your primary style and pray melee.

World-gorger Shukarhazh

1534.gif

World-gorger Shukarhazh (F54-57)- This boss has three different eyes, one mage, one range, one melee. To damage him most effectively kill the mage and range eyes, by attacking them on the walls. After attacking them the boss will be weak to melee and you can melee him. Keep an eye on the eyes to kill the mage/range when they pop back up. Pray range.

Kal'ger the Warmonger

JepRQTg.png

Kal'Ger the Warmonger(F57-60)- Once the boss door is opened, a long cutscene will begin showing Kalger talking with another demon. Stay out of the boss room during this cutscene unless nothing else can be done in the floor. After the cutscene, Kalger will begin attacking with fists. Attack him with melee at this time. After he takes some damage, he will begin attacking with a primal longsword. Continue to melee. After taking some more damage, Kalger will fly across the lava in the middle of the room and begin attacking with magic. If 4-5 people are in the boss room, everyone should stay on the door side of the lava and attack with range. With less people, use the magical orb (name?) to go to the other side - failure to do so will cause Kalger to drag everyone into the lava, causing damage. Be sure to bring the group gatestone to the far side, and have at least 1 person leave a personal gatestone on the door side (this person should hold the group gatestone). After the magic phase, Kalger will fly back to the door side of the room and attack with melee. If you are on the far side, teleport back to the group gatestone once it is moved (leave 1 personal gatestone on the far side, you will need it later). Attack Kalger with melee during this phase, and have the person who gated the far side hold the group gatestone. The next phase, Kalger will fly back to the far side and attack with ranged. Move the group gatestone to the far side and attack with melee, while the person who gated the door side holds the group gatestone like in the magic phase. Once the range phase ends, Kalger will fly back one last time and attack with melee. Move the group gatestone back and attack with melee. During this phase he will copy the effects of turmoil if any player is using it. However, you should continue to use turmoil during this phase. On death Kalger will use a wrath-like attack, but this is easy to outrun.This fight is very long. Make sure to turn off prayer during the long animations in which Kalger flies to the other side of the room. Do not stand under the boss or he will cause damage to everyone in the room. Pray soul split and appropriate stat boosting prayers throughout the fight. Those without access to soul split should pray their best stat boosting prayer and flash the appropriate protection prayer every other hit. If you pray for 10 straight hits, Kalger will disable protection prayers and cause high damage to everyone in the room.

%5B/spoiler%5D

The rest of the guide is in another post located %5Burl=http://forum.tip.it/topic/322024-dungeoneering-for-dummies/?p=5461826'>here

Thank you for reading my guide. Please give me a full rune if my guide helps you!!

FAQ

(AMA, JMIF)

1. How'd you grow the beard?

I am wizard. 

CREDITS

[CRDT] 

Original Guide by: Tui 

Special thanks to: Chu Dsl, Warfare52, Corrupt Idea, and El Bomb, Guac A Moley, Bladekill133

Thanks to: Jettrider, Obtaurian, Salazar, Teren, Thai Tong, Usa Hell Yes, Quyneax, I am Ben

Last updated by: Tui

Last updated on: 12/01/2014

• Like 1

P0lPXdo.png

Puzzles 

[PZZL]
By Tui
Huge special thanks to: Chu Dsl, Warfare52, Corrupt Idea, and El Bomb

This guide was ported to Tip.it's main page, located here.

Crossed out haven't been added to this version.

• 1.01 - Agility maze (p2p)
  • 1.02 - Barrel puzzle (p2p)
  • 1.03 - Blood fountain (p2p)
  • 1.04 - Books (Occult floors only)
  • 1.05 - Broken plank bridge (p2p)
  • 1.06 - Coloured blocks (p2p)
  • 1.07 - Coloured ferrets
  • 1.08 - Coloured lodestones
  • 1.09 - Emotes
  • 1.10 - Enigmatic hoardstalker / Riddles (p2p)
  • 1.11 - Fishing ferret
  • 1.12 - Flip tiles
  • 1.13 - Flowers (p2p)
  • 1.14 - Fremennik camp (p2p)
  • 1.15 - Ghosts
  • 1.16 - Grapple tightrope (p2p)
  • 1.17 - Hunter ferret (p2p)
  • 1.18 - Icy pressure pad (Frozen floors only)
  • 1.19 - Jumping Lodestone
  • 1.20 - Keystone Bridge (p2p)
  • 1.21 - Levers
  • 1.22 - Magical construct
  • 1.23 - Maze
  • 1.24 - Mercenary leader
  • 1.25 - Mining cross
  • 1.26 - Monolith
  • 1.27 - Poltergeist (p2p)
  • 1.28 - Pondskaters
  • 1.29 - Portal maze (Warped floors only)
  • 1.30 - Push/pull statues
  • 1.31 - Ramokee Familiars
  • 1.32 - Seeker sentinel (Abandoned floors only)
  • 1.33 - Sleeping guards (Furnished floors only)
  • 1.34 - Sliding tiles
  • 1.35 - Statue bridge (p2p)
  • 1.36 - Suspicious grooves
  • 1.37 - Ten statue weapon
  • 1.38 - Three statue weapon
  • 1.39 - Unhappy ghost (p2p)
  • 1.40 - Winch bridge

1saqtqd.png  Walk-to means to move your character to the instructed place - it does not ever mean to turn run off. 

1.01 - Agility Maze (p2p)

hQeSPUm.png

The door immediately to your left is only openable from the other side. As a team the GGS should be carried over the first obstacle. The rest of the maze is always doable by anyone. Follow the clicks shown or face the wrath of the spinning blades. The pendulum almost always lets you through regardless of timing and can only hit very low damage. If you do somehow die from the pendulum, any gatestones that were in your inventory will reset to base instead of being dropped. 

IJSKY8d.png

You should only open the shortcut doors if you plan on running through this room again later, or teammates need to get through without the use of the GGS. 
Monsters only spawn past the Pendulum.

1.02 - Barrel puzzle (p2p)

7xb1dc9.png
  •  dLgXSWI.png  Push barrels blocking your way (Strength dbDVcrn.png)
  • N75l1fR.png  Pickup circled Barrel Piece 
  • Af8RYoT.png Fix (Construction) circled Barrel 
  • dbDVcrn.png  Push that Barrel under the moving stream of water 
  • When the bar at the top of the screen fills the puzzle is complete!

The Barrels are NPCs, so it is possible to trample monsters or players that block your way (step on then off their square) to allow the Barrel to be pushed through the target. 

1.03 - Blood fountain (p2p)

uqpGZFs.png
  • jhKCJ2c.png Mine the rocks
  • Af8RYoT.png [Re]Construct the pillars
  • b94Cus3.png Don't miss keys

1.04 - Books (Occult floors only)

GhxZzEF.png

Goal: Get the coloured books in their matching shelves
  • Every few seconds if a bookcase is facing another bookcase, or a shelf, the two will exchange books 
  • Rotate the bookcases to send matching books to their shelves, and to send books to the bookcase that can get them there
  • It's quickest to get the outer shelves done first always

Correctly shelved books cannot leave their shelf again. 

More vids: 

1.05 - Broken plank bridge (p2p)

hlc3d52.png
  • u9FSoZL.png Jump (agility) the bridge
  • SBep4Ws.png Obtain 5 planks 
  • Af8RYoT.png Construct the bridge (right click) 

Steps 2-3 should only ever be done to let other players bypass the agility requirement without the GGS. 

1.06 - Coloured blocks (p2p)

8o3Z4r5.png
  • dbDVcrn.png Push/Pull (Strength) each block into a coloured square/recess 
  • Obtain coloured vials from the shelf on the wall 
  • Use each respective vial on the block that has the matching coloured line coming from it
  • Eg. Use the Purple vial on the block that is on top of the purple recess

This puzzle does not require herblore levels, but is only doable in p2p. 

1.07 - Coloured ferrets

oo746ic.png

Goal: Get ferrets into their coloured squares
  • Ferrets move away from you when you are within their range of sight 
  • If you're diagonal from it, it will also move diagonally 
  • Above is an example - the ferrets start in random places 
  • When you walk-to 1, the ferret moves to its colour 1, and so on
  • Left click Scare a ferret if it's along a wall to make it move randomly 
  • Stepping under a ferret works similarly 

Additional vids:

Ferrets move after 2 ticks in sight, and remember where you were during both. For example, running right up to one will cause it to take 2 steps away from you. They can still walk diagonally around objects if you are diagonal, but not if you are in their line of sight for both ticks, since walking around an object takes 2 ticks. As NPCs, they move W/E before N/S if blocked by an obstacle. Don't worry if you don't understand this paragraph. 

1.08 - Coloured lodestones

wz1gXvE.png
  • Goal: Have all lights converge in the centre simultaneously - these lights move 1 square per tick
  • pVszAct.png Activate (Magic) each of the lodestones to your right as the centre crystal is lit up
  • If you screw up or some started activated, you must step on the corresponding pressure pad to pause that colour from moving

Running over a pad to pause it for a tick makes it much easier to fix mistakes, especially with lag. You must start 2 squares away from the pad since you run 2 squares per tick - if you stand adjacent and run over it nothing will happen. In the above example, red is 1 tick ahead of green and yellow which are sync'd. Either of the yellow clicks to the other will pause red for 1 tick, causing it to sync. 

1.09 - Emotes

RXSKyVZ.png
  • Each player stands on a pressure pad
  • When all players are on their respective pad, the statues will mime an emote from the options below
  • Copy the emote of the statue in front of you 
  • After 3 emotes are correctly copied by the team the puzzle is complete! 

Aggressive monsters must be killed to do this puzzle. Failing an emote causes mild skill damage. In 5:5s this is reduced to 1 lp damage. 

jih53P1.png

If you have trouble differentiating emotes, scroll forward to view it closer. 

If you step off your pad diagonally onto another pad, the game continues the emotes process. You can even do someone else's emote, them do yours, and swap places like this and it'll be correct. This is not useful in the slightest, however. 

1.10 - Enigmatic hoardstalker / Riddles (p2p)

CiwsaSD.png
  • NVLIXfl.png Get-riddle Enigmatic Hoardstalker (Summoning) 
  • o3ponXr.png Unlock (Thieving) small doors to access items
  • Refer to table for which item to use on the Hoardstalker

L9afy7m.png

Missing the thieving requirement? You can use items found outside of this room as the answer - for example, it's much faster to use your own salve eel than to get the eel from the barrel, or you could cast bones to bananas if you need a banana.

Each area is roughly a type of item. 

Area 1: Tools 

Chest / 2: Wealth + Leftover tools 

cAQr7PT.png

Barrel / 3: Food / Liquids

FNxhvlJ.png
lkmf3QE.png

Area 4: Remains (The shield is all that is left of that forgotten warrior...)

1.11 - Fishing ferret

0HD3Z1O.png
  •  VjGeRry.png Fish 2-3 raw vile fish Axh7ebp.png from the circled fishing spot (requires feathers 79vfQfG.png
  •  L7lnGQS.png  Cook the fish at the circled fire
  • 5HOdEGO.png Throw the vile fish N93fnbp.png to lure the ferret to the pressure pad 

The ferret moves diagonally before going straight, as shown in the above example. 

You can cook the vile fish on any fire. It's often easier to grab some logs and let someone cook the fish that way rather than having to mgt back and forth. If holding gt you can can cgt to the fire while teammates fish, then they can gt to the fire.

If two people throw a vile fish to the pressure plate at once the ferret will glitch (it'll go there but not complete the room). If you are trying to complete it faster, do the next move quickly after someone. 
If you do glitch it, simply make it step off the pressure plate.

The board is always the same, but the pressure pad and ferret can be in any 2 corners. To see a full list of solutions, check this guide

1.12 - Flip tiles

v8yhOIb.png
  • mOrc6xH.png Flip or Force (Runecrafting) tiles to make all tiles the same colour 
  • Flipping a tile causes all adjacent tiles to swap colours, except diagonal tiles, as shown in the picture above 
  • Forcing (Right click) causes 1 tile to swap colours and deals minor damage

A handy simulator: 

http://www.xp-waste.com/flip-tile-simulator-t4132.html

1.13 - Flowers (p2p)

xu6iwz7.png
  • The Flowers cycle through these colours endlessly: Pink > Yellow > Blue > Purple
  • The big flower that you are trying to uproot changes twice as fast as the small flowers
  • You can only cut a small flower when it matches the colour of the big flower
  • The fastest method to the big flower is circled - which only works if you immediately start upon entering 
  • 1ifwrfN.png Chop (Woodcutting) each flower as it matches the main one
  • FBaWPvB.png Uproot (Farming) the big flower - puzzle complete! 

Remember the order of colours it cycles through to predict which flower will be cutable next, or memorize the 7 layouts. 
Cutting a flower at the wrong time causes mild damage. Failing to uproot the big flower does too. You can examine a flower to find out what colour it is. 

Other layouts (Missing 4)

GMLxM4J.png

mx3Nx76.png

1.14 - Fremennik camp (p2p)

KVSNsHt.png
  •  
  • MLksWnV.png Fletch
  • L7lnGQS.png  Cook 
  • h8zgjZF.pngSmith - puzzle complete! 

1.15 - Ghosts

xVPcYKd.png
  • Watch for the spirit to enter a ghost
  • Kill that ghost 
  • Spirit now enters nearest ghost
  • Once all are dead the puzzle is complete! 

It can be useful to attack ghosts while the spirit is transferring. This way, the ghosts don't wander and you know for sure which ghost is next. Aggroing ghosts can also be useful if you are attempting to suicide back to base. Thresholds are overkill, but Berserker or Metamorphosis is useful. 

Attacking ghosts that don't have the spirit is extremely ineffective. The ghost heals when the spirit transfers into it. Ghosts can melee diagonally. 

1.16 - Grapple tightrope (p2p)

kc5TseU.png
  •  
  • LRdsx3s.png Obtain Broken Climbing Hook Head 
  • h8zgjZF.png Repair it (Smithing) to get Climbing Hook Head fVW6eVJ.png
  • PfxZWrb.png Obtain Meatcorn 
  • YD1bLrG.png  Spin it (Crafting)  to get Meatcorn Rope hv5dgxB.png
  • d3RRSdS.png Use Meatcorn Rope hv5dgxB.png on Climbing Hook Head fVW6eVJ.png  to get  Climbing Hook OG03DYH.png
  • 5HOdEGO.png  Throw (Ranged) Climbing Hook chasm
  •   u9FSoZL.png Cross tightrope (Agility)

1.17 - Hunter ferret (p2p)

Method 1
Jy4QViu.png
  • Hunt ferret will always spawn in the southwest of the 4 blue center squares when you open the room
  • But because the entire room can be rotated, it'll look like it spawns in one of the 4 blue squares
  • 1ifwrfN.png Woodcut the green circled tree for as many traps as you want
  • MLksWnV.png Fletch the zur1722.png Dry Logs in your inventory d3RRSdS.png to make Simple Traps j7eA5k4.png
  • jXQ7xA9.png Set your trap j7eA5k4.png (Hunter) where it 'spawned' (Occasionally you can't set a trap here - don't worry)
  • Imagine a line north, east, south, and west from that point
  • If this line passes through any wall, place a trap directly behind said wall. These are the only places the ferret can stop. 
  • Hide somewhere (eg. outside of the room or behind a wall) until it stops in a trap
  • dLgXSWI.png  Click the trap - puzzle complete!

Simple Traps j7eA5k4.png are tradable but not dropable. Once a trap has been laid, the Hunter jXQ7xA9.png requirements for that trap disappears. So Player A can lay a trap, and Player B pick it up and regardless of Player B's hunt level, they can now place the trap. This can be useful to avoid having to mgt. It only works for 1 trap at a time though. So if you want to lay multiple traps you would need only take 1 trap they placed at a time before setting it. 

The ferret is much more likely to stop in certain places. It is not usually worth making a trap for every stopping point. Look for how many holes are close to each stopping point and decide.

(Has audio)

Method 2

If doing this puzzle as a team, have each player stand in a corner of the room and people take turns attempting to catch it (Hunter jXQ7xA9.png) with their hands. The ferret runs as fast as a player, but will always avoid the closest player, allowing you to surround it. 

Method 3

It's possible to catch it with your hands alone, but only in certain instances. Because you run 2 squares per tick, if you can get 2 squares away from it without it spotting you, you can get an attempt at catching it. 

TlZBBCB.png

• 1saqtqd.png  Walk-to the red square without being spotted 
  • jXQ7xA9.png Click the ferret (Hunter)
  • You may be fail, take minor damage, and be stunned - Freedom ends your stun, Anticipation doesn't prevent it
  • Puzzle (hopefully) complete!

Catching the ferret with your hands usually has a different level requirement than placing the trap. There are 4 layouts to this puzzle. 

wallfer.png

In warped floors there are wall bits sticking out in some hunt ferrets that you can use to hand catch. The ferret is stuck but can still bite/stun you.

Method 4

TXL4StV.png

• Drop your gatestone where it 'spawned'
  • Hide / do something else until it stops
  • Teleport to your gatestone while spam clicking your character 
  • jXQ7xA9.png If the ferret stopped where it spawned, you attempt to hand catch it (Hunter)
  • Puzzle (hopefully) complete!

1.18 - Icy pressure pad (Frozen floors only)

eQ1jR5m.png

This puzzle has at least 12 layouts [1]. There is no hope memorizing them, but there are tricks to doing them! 

Goal: Step on the 4 pressure pads
  • Go diagonal from either your 2 starting squares, or the 2 nearby corners
  • This should lead you onto a pressure pad, or 1 move to checkmate pressure pad 
  • This pressure pad should always get you to the other 4 
  • If not, I am deeply sorry. If you find one that doesn't work like this, send me it and I'll make a list of exceptions

When attempting to go diagonal, click 1 sq diagonally from your character. Never try to solve it by starting from the area in front of a different door than you entered - these doors are spawned randomly based on the map, so you will never be required to use the squares in front of them to complete the puzzle. Though on occasion it can help you solve it faster. You are almost always best off backtracking to a pad you've been on and finding how it connects to another pad.

Additional vids: 

1.19 - Jumping Lodestone

Method 1

NiMxvp8.png
  • glaG4ze.png Pick up the circled power crystal
  •  dLgXSWI.png  Follow the Red Clicks  dLgXSWI.png
    •  7WyDHMO.png  If the orb appears in the Blue Circle, follow the Blue Xs  7WyDHMO.png
    •  VQAjbn8.png  If the orb appears in the Green Circle, follow the Green Xs  VQAjbn8.png
  •  dLgXSWI.png  Click the blue Lodestone - puzzle complete!
  • FInN9RS.png Teleport or jump back

You may stumble each time you attempt a jump. The orb approaches you each time you stumble, and if you get caught by it, you take heavy damage and restart the puzzle. Once completing the puzzle you can't do actions until you jump for joy. 

Method 2

M5ujLxY.png

• glaG4ze.png Pick up the circled power crystal
  •  dLgXSWI.png   Jump over Red Click 1
  • dslL2jb.png Drop your gatestone (3)
  •  dLgXSWI.png   Jump over 1, then 2  
  • FInN9RS.png Teleport to your gatestone (3)
  • dslL2jb.png Drop your gatestone (3)
  •  dLgXSWI.png   Jump over 4, then 5  
  •  dLgXSWI.png   Click the blue Lodestone - puzzle complete!
  • FInN9RS.png Teleport to your gatestone (3)
  •  dLgXSWI.png   Jump over 1

vid by RuneArmada

Method 1 is faster but Method 2 is safer and more consistent. 

1.20 - Keystone Bridge (p2p)

OTLsMKd.png
  • jhKCJ2c.png Mine the rock dLgXSWI.png
  •  1saqtqd.png  Walk-to beside the gap. After clicking you may immediately start the next step
  • YD1bLrG.png Craft the rock 0dubBE4.png in your inventory d3RRSdS.png to make a carved keystone nFcYQpd.png
  • Af8RYoT.png Construct the bridge dLgXSWI.png

You can craft the block while running.
Note: "Walk-to" does not mean walk instead of run. 

1.21 - Levers

M8BQA98.png

As a solo'er you simply sequentially pull each lever. You have a generous time-frame to do so. Failing this room causes moderate damage if you're near the edge of the room. If you're in the centre you don't take damage. 

In a team each player takes a lever and one person counts to 3. When they say "3", pull your lever. 

With experts, one player will take the two circled levers. If one of the circled ones are taken, go to a different lever unless they're all taken. Failure to do so is likely to cause ragequits and hate. 
One player doing 2 levers allows someone to path & save time for the floor. It's especially useful when someone is on an ungated path.
Otherwise it just saves time for people who are slow to gt.

Vid of doing 2 levers. 

You type 3, click 1st lever, hit enter, & then quickly click the 2nd lever.

Doorlag can screw this up, but is very unlikely to. 

When choosing your lever, don't forget the map. It makes sense for the gt holder to pick the lever by the biggest path. 

1.22 - Magical construct

AP0O2iI.png
  •  
  • oeNOuiQ.png Take Lump of Stone from the magical chest 
  • YD1bLrG.png Craft the Lump oeNOuiQ.png in your inventory  d3RRSdS.png into the missing part BqcUn7W.png  nbuICEm.png  xrbDY0j.png
  •  mOrc6xH.png Imbue (Runecrafting) the part  W6IoRXP.png  VqqOhyt.png  9QBvOIL.png in your inventory d3RRSdS.png
  •  dLgXSWI.png  Repair construct 
  • pVszAct.png Charge (Magic) construct - puzzle complete! 

You can examine the robot to see what part it's missing. The robot takes its time to actually open the room. 

1.23 - Maze
  • There are 4 layouts for this, which I describe based on the first 2 rows 
  • Some memorization required
  • Described using NSEW, but the room can be rotated. North is away from the entrance, East is Right, West is Left, and South is towards the entrance. 

Qij59Sq.png

Blockage immediately to your right in the 2nd row

• N door & E door:
    • W, mid N, E
  • Centre:
    • W, mid N, E, S, W, NE
  • W door:
    • W

Full layout - I find this much more confusing. Once you get used to just the starting directions you're set. 

rk1Cmhl.png

zpHtXn5.png

Blockage immediately to your left:

• N door & E door:
    • E, far N
  • Centre:
    • E, far N, mid W, SW, Mid S, NE
  • W door:
    • E, far N, mid W, SW

8rjpwJN.png

M2WZ1Sb.png

Blockage further to your right, so you can go either direction:

• N door & E door:
    • E, far N
  • Centre:
    • E, N sticking in column 3, 2 sqs w, S
  • W door:
    • W

0MYVuML.png

NFT4wrh.png

Blockage both ways in the 2nd row:

• N door & W door:
    • W, far N
  • Centre:
    • W, mid N, far E, N
  • E door:
    • W, mid N, far E, N

IORYghE.png

Memorization is the only efficient method to these. These basic instructions and experience will make it easier over time. Zoom out (scroll wheel) to see more of the maze ingame. 

1.24 - Mercenary leader

dy3Nn45.png

The Mercenary Leader is a high-tiered forgotten mage that summons endless forgotten warriors, mages, and rangers. It heals to full health if you leave the room for a few seconds - if you die, teleport back asap to prevent it from healing. Like other forgotten mages it can bind and reduce stats. If soloing the room in a large you will likely need food if you wish not to die. 

1.25 - Mining cross

g1fYPZ2.png
  • jhKCJ2c.png Mine the rocks dLgXSWI.png
  • Af8RYoT.png [Re]Construct the walls if you are going to go through this room again

Different rocks have different level requirements. 2/8 of the repairable (Af8RYoT.png Construction) walls are circled. The rocks are excellent mining xp. 

1.26 - Monolith

ZFm1dVv.png
  • dLgXSWI.png Activate Monolith 
  • Kill the shades that spawn 
  • When the bar at the top of the screen fills the puzzle is complete! 

Shades don't spawn in the NE of the room. You don't necessarily need to complete the puzzle to open all doors. Sometimes a door will be a regular door or skill door.

You can pgt trick to avoid damage when there are tons of shades, like in the video below. Your 2nd gatestone uses no runes. Draw aggro with ranged weapon (ricochet/chain abilities are extremely useful for this). 

1.28 - Pondskaters (skaters)

One pondskater unlocks the room when you fish VjGeRry.png it. No feathers required.
  • Correct skater spawns in the SouthWest of the 4 middle squares and returns there each cycle
  • If you are quick you can spot which one as you enter the room
  • Spam click it!
  • If not, spam click a random one until you fish, taking mild damage but having a chance for success (waiting takes an extra ~17 seconds)
  • You can often fish 2 before they return to the centre

It can be extremely difficult to spot which square is SouthWest quickly if you don't know what direction you're travelling. You should always spam click the skater, as your character is unlikely to catch it otherwise. 

1.29 - Portal maze (Warped floors only)

Pic to be updated in HD once found

7q7LjND.png

Goal: Have all players stand on the pressure pads in the centre.
  • Pick one the 3 starting portals & note it in your head.
  • Go through it, and keep taking the opposite portal of where you end up
    - For example, if you end up at an S portal in one of the rooms, go north.
  • Continue doing this until you reach center
  • If you are led back to the 3 starting portals, take the remaining portal and do the opposites method
    - It is guaranteed to get you to the center this time

This isn't always the fastest method to get to the center, but it is the most consistent. It avoids backtracking and thus has the highest chance of getting you to the center fastest. The portals are linked differently each time. 

Once you've reached the center, tell your teammates which way to go. Often people will direct with "E opps" type thing, telling you to start at the east portal and then do the opposites method described here.

1.30 - Push/pull statues

Us0qyNq.png
  •  dLgXSWI.png Push/Pull the statues to make the South side mimic the North
  • My example uses Pulling, as monsters can block you from Pushing

1.31 - Ramokee Familiars

pJKZV0u.png
  • Kill the unaggressive Ramokee Skinweaver that heals the other Ramokees
  • Kill the Bloodrager (Melee), Deathslinger (Ranged), and Stormbringer (Mage) Ramokees 

You can hide behind the other Ramokees or the Obelisk where the Bloodrager can't attack you. 

1.32 - Seeker sentinel (Abandoned floors only)

4oV76Rj.png
  • Hit the eyeballs when they can't see you
  • Avoid the line of sight of centre seeker (or don't and win anyway..)

The centre seeker rotates every 5 ticks. Getting spotted by it deals minor damage and teleports you to a random doorway, which can be useful for traversing this room quickly. If you're spotted by the little eyeballs they will shriek, causing the big one to look at you. If the little seeker is in the way of its line of sight, it will be unable to teleport you. The picture below illustrates this. 

M8K6pzy.png

1.33 - Sleeping guards (Furnished floors only)

W2F8BFo.png
  • Turn run off, or they'll wake up
  • Pickpocket each guard for their guard key cVk4xxT.png
  • One of the keys will open each door 
  • If you fail to pickpocket or run in the room the guards will wake up - if this happens you must kill them for their keys 

Pickpocketing the guards has no thieving requirement and is doable in f2p. With 1 door it is often worth trying the keys you have before pickpocketing or killing more guards. 

1.34 - Sliding tiles

hvffRIi.png

Clicking a tile adjacent to the empty space moves that tile into the space, however, if you do a move that hinders your progress you instead fail and take damage. 
Each tile takes time to move, so a good use of this time is running towards the door between each move. 

1.35 - Statue bridge (p2p)

ntlKbwf.png
  •  
  • jhKCJ2c.png Mine the rock  dLgXSWI.png
  •  1saqtqd.png  Walk-to beside the statue
  • Af8RYoT.png [Re]Construct the statue  dLgXSWI.png
  •  dbDVcrn.png Push (Strength) the statue  dLgXSWI.png - Puzzle complete!

1.36 - Suspicious grooves

TKMTa7m.png

Step onto the grooves sequentially until you find the one in each row that does not damage you. On teams, people will say the solution as such: 3 1 4, which means for the first row there are no spikes 3rd from the left, the next row is leftmost no spikes, and final row rightmost for no spikes. Stepping on these spikes takes mild damage, but the alternative is extremely slow - you investigate each groove with your thieving o3ponXr.png skill until you know for sure which groove on each row is safe. You may wish to use gatherer's ring for this puzzle to reduce damage.  

1.37 - Ten statue weapon

K2tXGRM.png
  • jhKCJ2c.png Mine the brown wall 5+ times
  •  1saqtqd.png  Walk-to beside the statue missing its weapon. After clicking you may immediately start the next step
  • YD1bLrG.png Craft the block kL5buot.png in your inventory d3RRSdS.png to make the weaponless statues the opposing weapon of the statue they face
    • For example, far left holds a sword, so you craft a staff against that one 
  •  dLgXSWI.png  Click that statue - if you have different types of weapons in your inventory at once, use it on the statue
  • Once all the statues have the correct weapon, the puzzle is complete! 

Remember the combat triangle: Sword > Bow > Staff > Sword

1.38 - Three statue weapon (3s / 3 stats)

pajP6IT.png
  • jhKCJ2c.png Mine the brown wall dLgXSWI.png
  •  1saqtqd.png  Walk-to beside the statue missing its weapon. After clicking you may immediately start the next step
  • YD1bLrG.png Craft the block kL5buot.png in your inventory d3RRSdS.png to make it its weapon
  •  dLgXSWI.png  Click that statue

You can craft the block while running. If monsters are interrupting you hide behind a statue to craft.

111213190136.png

There are three layouts. In two layouts the brown rocks are immediately to your right. The last layout has them in the far left corner. 
You can fail to mine or craft, taking damage. Examining the statues tells you their weapon (or lack of). 
 Sometimes a door in this room will be openable without completion of the puzzle. 

1.39 - Unhappy ghost (p2p)

JN0W8ZY.png
  •  
  • Af8RYoT.png [Re]Construct pillar 
  • o3ponXr.png Unlock (Thieving) Sarcophagus 
  • M00h8jx.png Bless (Prayer) Sarcophagus 
  • cwOuqMI.png Pickup Antique Ring 
  • dLgXSWI.png Click the chest 
  • Af8RYoT.png  [Re]Construct pot - Puzzle complete!

1.40 - Winch bridge

r5BKGyX.png
  •  
  • LRdsx3s.png Obtain Broken Climbing Hook Head 
  • h8zgjZF.png Repair it (Smithing) to get Climbing Hook Head fVW6eVJ.png
  • PfxZWrb.png Obtain Meatcorn 
  • YD1bLrG.png  Spin it (Crafting)  to get Meatcorn Rope hv5dgxB.png
  • d3RRSdS.png Use Meatcorn Rope hv5dgxB.png on Climbing Hook Head fVW6eVJ.png  to get  Climbing Hook OG03DYH.png
  • 5HOdEGO.png  Throw (Ranged) Climbing Hook chasm
  •   dbDVcrn.png  Turn Winch (Strength) - Puzzle complete!

If 2 or more people throw the climbing hook in step 6 at once, the bridge magically appears, as in the video below. This can save a few seconds. 

Thank you for reading my guide. Please give me a full rune if my guide helps you!!

FAQ
(AMA, JMIF)

1. How'd you grow the beard?
I am wizard. 

CREDITS

Original Guide by: Tui 

Special thanks to: Chu Dsl, Warfare52, Corrupt Idea, and El Bomb, Guac A Moley, Bladekill133

Thanks to: Jettrider, Obtaurian, Salazar, Teren, Thai Tong, Usa Hell Yes, Quyneax, I am Ben

Last updated by: Tui

P0lPXdo.png

- Can also boat to Daemonheim from Taverly (just south of bank)

- Buying spoilers

- Doesn't matter

- No

-Does kind of matter the taverly boat is nearer to a homeport than lumbridge and your lumbridge map is rather outdated as is; the homeport point moved several months ago. Not to mention outright newbs begin the game in Burthorpe/Taverly now so the Taverly boat is more at hand and accessible to them opposed to seeking out Lumbridge.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is Wild Magic an option also?

Very good guide anyway (unsurprisingly given that it's you), lots of great details and pictures. Slightly too much whitespace :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Also Sinkholes are worth it if you are 100+ Dung.

I got today 470k+ exp with less then 25 mins worth of time.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

-Does kind of matter the taverly boat is nearer to a homeport than lumbridge and your lumbridge map is rather outdated as is; the homeport point moved several months ago. Not to mention outright newbs begin the game in Burthorpe/Taverly now so the Taverly boat is more at hand and accessible to them opposed to seeking out Lumbridge.

Oh. Can people still ht to Lumbridge from the beginning of the game? And is Burthrope actually better known by your average person? 

Sorry, haven't really played in many months. Even when this was written I wasn't really actively playing :s

Also Sinkholes are worth it if you are 100+ Dung.

I got today 470k+ exp with less then 25 mins worth of time.

Has it been updated? Last time I went there it took about 8 minutes to get 70k xp (120 dg) and that was only because I won. Since you can't win all the time I lowered the xp/hr rate to more reasonable + expected more wait times. 

@ Q, feel free to delete some whitespace as long as it's clear which text is about what pictures.

I probably looked into wild magic before and concluded it was not worthwhile, I don't remember. Do you have some data on it? 

P0lPXdo.png

Wild Magic used to suck for ages, because the second hit would always be zero in PvM (it was increased by Virtus' damage boost, though, giving you hits of 2000 and 30 for example). Since it got fixed, it's a pretty solid threshold, it's 219% damage per hit (Latin has 219%, wiki has 219%).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So that's a bit lower dps than asphyxiate afaik, so it's certainly useful since way less overkill loss potential & as a 2nd thres. Probably worth it over metamorphisis. If you need to use meta you can access it from the book anyway. 

Do you agree?

P0lPXdo.png

Yes, certainly. It's higher dps than asphyx, but lower damage per ability (Wild Magic is 3 ticks for 219% x2, Asphyxiate is something like 8? ticks for 188% x4).

I've edited the guide to remove most whitespace, made the headings a little bigger, added horizontal lines between sections, cleaned up some code around lists, fixed a small number of typos. I haven't added any content, but it may be worth nothing that you can now have two rings active at the same time (task set reward), including two of the same style (blazer and blaster, for instance).

Although it's lower dps during the time which it attacks, asphyx lasts much longer, so if you assume 125% wep dmg every 3 ticks for the duration of asphyx after wild magic, asphyx is higher dps. So much better instantaneous dps, but similar long-term dps. Only worth using asphyx first if you know the monster will survive the full attack, like on bosses or solo gds certain monsters (?). Will edit in.

Thank you very much! It looks a lot nicer. Really, much appreciated. Originally it was written in html and I've never liked having to make it look nicer. :)

2 at once just means no quick-switching, right? Blaster is pretty much useless and the rest aren't even usable as 2 at once iirc. I'll look into that and link the dg rewards task thing. 

P0lPXdo.png

You're welcome, too good a guide not to edit :P.

Two at once means you get a primary ring, a quickswitch ring (which alternates with your primary ring) and a second ring which is permanently active.

Ring effects got changed with EoC, you now have berserker for 2h accuracy and tactician for 1h accuracy, sniper for ranged accuracy and desperado for ranged damage, blazer for magic DoT and blitzer for magic accuracy. So you'd want to use berserker/desperado quickswitch with sniper secondary, for example (not sure which ranged ring is more significant, given that +20% ranged level results in maybe 1% dps if you calculate it the wrong way).

Oh wow. This is what it feels like to have to look up dg information. Weird. Totally knew this stuff a few months ago.. 

I have definitely tested desperado and found that it does increase damage more than 10 dmg / lvl, so definitely much better as perm 2ndary. 

For magic, I'd expect blazer as ideal perm 2ndary. 

Thanks. 

P0lPXdo.png

Moved to the Archive of Wisdom, congratulations :).

Thanks all.

Made a few minor edits for clarification/wording. I might eventually get to revising the map section/crit section. Kinda a mess of map reading & pathing text that can't decide if it's about solo'ers or not. Pretty busy these days though. 

P0lPXdo.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very detailed and nice guide, but what about a guide for the puzzles?

I wrote this a while back. I have new hd pictures for all the layouts but I haven't got the time to rewrite the guide and add the puzzles that I never put in that guide. If anyone is interested in collaborating/helping I'd add each puzzle one at a time to this guide. But honestly, the old guide I wrote is excellent, even if it is incomplete and messy, so I don't plan on reworking it alone. And for newbs there are other puzzle guides that give good explanations of the rooms. 

Almost the entirety of this guide was written from may - july when I had more time. Then one day in november I remembered it and spent a few hours making it presentable to publish as a beginner's guide. 

P0lPXdo.png

The guide now has puzzles, except polter. Expect a few minor updates over the next few days. Please give feedback if you notice a mistake, this guide is really long and it's hard to get everything. 

• Like 1

P0lPXdo.png