Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

This whole system is terrible, Addy and rune dragons as top votes when the other ideas are significantly better. I just shake my head at the whole thing.

Well, of course that would depend on your idea of what qualifies as 'significantly better' as well! :P

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Dreadful ideas that won here. Most of these are tiny updates that would appear in the patch notes if anything. The only thing I'd actually be excited about are the dragons.

Awful start to kick off the whole Runelabs crap.

I think you are wrong here. They have acknowledged that these ideas are somewhat small in scope. their comments on most of the suggest them as inclusions to larger updates. For example the farming timer being unlocked through another update and certain timers being unlocked through rewards. They also considered the high grade metal dragons as rewards from a dragonkin story line update. If you are referencing the size of the suggestions then i understand. Then again i look at jagex is somewhat intelligable and able to add in more meat using runelabs as an inspiration factory.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This whole system is terrible, Addy and rune dragons as top votes when the other ideas are significantly better. I just shake my head at the whole thing.

Nah, this is great. Addy and rune dragons are the only updates on that list that remotely approach being a medium-sized update. The rest could jolly well be patch note/ninja fixes.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Nah, this is great. Addy and rune dragons are the only updates on that list that remotely approach being a medium-sized update. The rest could jolly well be patch note/ninja fixes.
In which case it doesn't make sense to poll them against one another~

"Hey, do you guys want to know when you can train start training farming again, orrrrr do you want to fight [bleep]awesome dragons for mad loot?"

On an unrelated note, that slayer thing bugs me solely because they're not removing kill items, and in fact seem to think it's worth making people pay slayer points for a nonconsumable ice box.

Reusable ice coolers might be fun. Just run to White Wolf mountain to freeze for 6 hours! Oops what have I done, that sounds like a TH promotion...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just as long as they don't price them so that you won't be able to buy it until the point where you have no business fighting rockslugs/desert lizards... Which is, what, 30 something slayer?

30 Slayer is so quickly gotten that there is no price that is logical. I did a few (maybe more than a few) quests and did 7 tasks and am already above 30.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The two lowest level Slayer masters don't even give points, right? You need Smoking Kills to start earning them, if I'm not mistaken (at least, for Slayer levels below a certain threshold).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

The two lowest level Slayer masters don't even give points, right? You need Smoking Kills to start earning them, if I'm not mistaken (at least, for Slayer levels below a certain threshold).

This has been updated, you can earn them without doing smoking kills (smoking kills doubles the amount though). I was surprised that I earned points on my new account ;)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I guess RuneScape Wiki may be out of date, but it says the two lowest are 0 points, and the two next do not give any points for the first four tasks, which would already send you well on your way.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I guess RuneScape Wiki may be out of date, but it says the two lowest are 0 points, and the two next do not give any points for the first four tasks, which would already send you well on your way.

No it is not out of date, I just meant to say that you just don't need smoking kills.

The lowest does not give points indeed (I guess with "lowest two" you mean Turael and Spria, which only one is available as lowest slayer master at any time). All others give points. All of them don't give points until the 5th task. 

But you don't really need to use the lowest slayer master. With a bit of combat training (or quests) you can use Vannaka in no-time.

Retired item crew

Ah okay, thanks for the info. Back to the general point though, if they make them items you have to buy with points for critters you only really hunt under level 30 Slayer, I can't see them being used that widely if they cost more than about 5 points <_<.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 4 weeks later...

The next Runelabs idea poll topic has went up:

RuneLabs: February's Top Ideas

Dragonstone

Here are the top most supported ideas for February 2015's RuneLabs criteria. Pick your favourite.

- Fill the Lumbridge Crater with Water

Fill the Lumbridge Crater with Water as suggested by Sakirth

- Instant Lodestones Teleport by Adding Rune Sink

Instant Lodestones Teleport by Adding Rune Sink as suggested by f d c

- I don't mind

Choose this option if you do not mind which options win

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Instant lodestone teleport by adding a rune sink. Hmm, so I can teleport instantly to a location which is mostly more inconvenient than the original places from the standard spellbook, but still have to pay runes anyway, to potentially save what, an inventory space or two?

Filling the Lumbridge crater with water..well that could make a lot of lore sense, like, I don't know, all the snow from Christmas melting :P? I like this idea better, but are we still going to be able to travel through the crater or will we have to go around if it's implemented?

But seriously, are these the best things the community could come up with and support this time? I'm feeling a little underwhelmed.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Seems kind of meh overall. Really just waiting for the chance to vote on massive scale ideas, though I'm pretty sure it would be tied between a quest and a boss...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Instant lodestone teleport by adding a rune sink. Hmm, so I can teleport instantly to a location which is mostly more inconvenient than the original places from the standard spellbook, but still have to pay runes anyway, to potentially save what, an inventory space or two?

Filling the Lumbridge crater with water..well that could make a lot of lore sense, like, I don't know, all the snow from Christmas melting :P? I like this idea better, but are we still going to be able to travel through the crater or will we have to go around if it's implemented?

But seriously, are these the best things the community could come up with and support this time? I'm feeling a little underwhelmed.

They could do some potentially good tie-in's with either one.

The lodestone idea:

Perhaps the ancient lodestone network is losing its power over time and the wizards guild is in need of its runecrafters to help power them back up. The slow teleport process using the lodestone could be due to the lodestones weakened state. They wizards have the opportunity to explore the depths of the burnt recesses below the wizrads tower to discover out just how they might be able to give the old lodestone network the surge it needs to stay functional. Potential rewards could be supercharged lodestone tablets that can be traded or used for your own self. Maybe players could perform a dsitraction and diversion to get time alloted time for a supercharged lodestone or charges for superchanged teleporting.

The lumbridge crater lake idea:

Suppose there is a lake, with a series of babbling streams and brooks running from the northeast of the wizards tower and an underground stream offshooting the river lum to help feed the lake. Residual energies from the fight between saradomin and zamorak have created a particularly strange lake where the salt waters from the southwest and trying to mingle with the fresh waters of the northeast coming from river lum. The residual energies from the anima mundi have seeped into the lake to create some strange occurances where fish seem to spawn randomly all over the shores and streams.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would have vote for the lodestone idea if that meant that we wouldn't be able to "home teleport" to all of them, except for one which we may choose. But as that is not the case I guess I go for the fill the crater idea, as I find the crater really ugly. Although I find it sad they only poll these two, as I thought there were better ones out there in the top 10.

Retired item crew

Mod Kelpie:

For March we will only be accepting large-sized ideas. Anything smaller won't be accepted this time around. Think Sinkholes, Broken Home Quest, Ports Expansions or Araxxor. Other than that anything goes.

Supporting will be turned on at a later date once we are ready to launch the new search feature.

Feel free to discuss this month's criteria in this thread. Such as ideas that get closed, etc.

When discussing a particular idea, please give the ID number, taken from the end of the url, so it is easier for people to locate.

[qfc]387-388-13-65582837[/qfc]

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

So Rite of Passage might pass this time? :)

It would be good if we could at least see Ideas which meet the criteria on the front page... But I don't have high hopes, I'm sure it will be filled with Ninja Updates like always.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

So erm, is "smithing rework" allowed? I know that is not what you guys hope for, but I finally want them to update it, they keep saying they will but if they continue on this pace we will see a smithing rework being done in 7 years...

Retired item crew