Why not herbolore?

ssxisfun

I find it very intresting that when ppl tell you the best ways to make money on runescape they never mention herbolore. It might take a little longer then usal. But if you know where to get the herbs and stuff then it is in the top 5 way of making money. Here is my list of the top 5 ways of making money

5.pking

4.mining

3.fishing

2.herbolore

1.woodcutting

What is your top 5 and why do you think no one includes herbolore. I didn't include barrows since i never did them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

herblore isnt a good way to make money because it takes a long time to gather herbs. Ive been herb collecting on and off for 3 weeks(yeah not very often though) and ive collected 30 rannarrs, lets say that my time was equivilant to about 10 hrs of herb collecting.

Having that been said, Unid collecting is very good exp, you dont have unid any of them, just get a full load of herbs, bank em, and when you get about 1000, sell em 1k ea...easy 1 mil.

w4M8t.png

herblore isnt a good way to make money because it takes a long time to gather herbs. Ive been herb collecting on and off for 3 weeks(yeah not very often though) and ive collected 30 rannarrs, lets say that my time was equivilant to about 10 hrs of herb collecting.

Having that been said, Unid collecting is very good exp, you dont have unid any of them, just get a full load of herbs, bank em, and when you get about 1000, sell em 1k ea...easy 1 mil.

i could easily get 100 ranarrs a week before farming, and now with farmings introduction i bet thats trippled, as a matter of a fact i have 708(4) super attack potions+ 150 irit seeds +220 irit leaves.

herblore is a good way to make up, just when your up near the 70's

buying herbs and 2nds and sellin pots isnt super profitable but it still works. now collecting your own herbs at abbernats is a really good way to start out herblore.

i could easily get 100 ranarrs a week before farming, and now with farmings introduction i bet thats trippled, as a matter of a fact i have 708(4) super attack potions+ 150 irit seeds +220 irit leaves.

herblore is a good way to make up, just when your up near the 70's

buying herbs and 2nds and sellin pots isnt super profitable but it still works. now collecting your own herbs at abbernats is a really good way to start out herblore.

i'm getting herbs now and then ingridents i sold some str potions for 200 ea 2 mins after i bought limps 100 ea same place same world. :lol:

I find it very intresting that when ppl tell you the best ways to make money on runescape they never mention herbolore. It might take a little longer then usal. But if you know where to get the herbs and stuff then it is in the top 5 way of making money. Here is my list of the top 5 ways of making money

5.pking

4.mining

3.fishing

2.herbolore

1.woodcutting

What is your top 5 and why do you think no one includes herbolore. I didn't include barrows since i never did them.

ive never thought pking mining or fishing to be good income. fishing perhaps a little. and barrows seems to be a big waiste to me.

fletchign woodcutting rune mining and rune smithing and uper level crafting are about it when it comes down to working for you $

runecrafting and slayer are a few things ive found to be productive to my funding slightly.

ive had 2 barrows drops, torag plate and guthan skirt, definately nothing to get excited about.

herblore is good money if you gather herbs yourself, but then isn't that combat getting you the money, not the herbs?

If you're buying supplies, you can make some good gp, but unless you get lucky (as many sellers of unids are not trustworthy) you're just going to break even unless you gather some of the stuff yourself.

When I was buying herbs, I gathered seconds in between herb sellers, that way I wasn't wasting any time.

As for top 5 skills for money, I'd say:

1: Rune Mining

2: Nature Runecrafting

3: Ranging blues (if you have 70 agility)

4: Slayer

5: Crafting (if you know what you're doing and don't buy hides)

herblore is good money if you gather herbs yourself, but then isn't that combat getting you the money, not the herbs?

If you're buying supplies, you can make some good gp, but unless you get lucky (as many sellers of unids are not trustworthy) you're just going to break even unless you gather some of the stuff yourself.

When I was buying herbs, I gathered seconds in between herb sellers, that way I wasn't wasting any time.

yes it is combat but thts not how your making money.

Top ways to make money, this is very debatable, and depends entirely on many many factors. Fishing is in no way up there, nor is Herblore. Here is a accurate list:

1. Long term and smart merchants

2. Staking

3. Lucky Pking

4. 91 Runecrafting

5. 85 Slayer - Very debatable now, whips seem to be crashing.

Green Dragons come close, as for blue dragons - no way! Rune Mining is definetly up there if you get lucky. If you don't agree with my list then I suggest you take a look at the rich people -

Duke Freedom - Merchant

R2Pleasent - Merchant

Cursed You - Staker

0mfg0rz - Pker

Larryr - 99 Runecrafter

MOST 85 SLAYERS

I know there are richer people, but I used the ones that are familiar to Tip it and more famous.

Here's the top skills to make money:

1. 91 Runecrafting

2. 85 Slayer

3. Rune Mining

4. Fletching - if you're smart

That's going off my personal observations and experience.

Accepting critisism and things that I missed :D

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Top ways to make money, this is very debatable, and depends entirely on many many factors. Fishing is in no way up there, nor is Herblore. Here is a accurate list:

2. Staking

3. Lucky Pking

4. 91 Runecrafting

Green Dragons come close, as for blue dragons - no way! Rune Mining is definetly up there if you get lucky. If you don't agree with my list then I suggest you take a look at the rich people -

Duke Freedom - Merchant

R2Pleasent - Merchant

Cursed You - Staker

0mfg0rz - Pker

Larryr - 99 Runecrafter

MOST 85 SLAYERS

I know there are richer people, but I used the ones that are familiar to Tip it and more famous.

Here's the top skills to make money:

1. 91 Runecrafting

2. 85 Slayer

3. Rune Mining

4. Fletching - if you're smart

That's going off my personal observations and experience.

Accepting critisism and things that I missed :D

i hate everything in your top 5

killing something and getting money from the drops is combat based gp, regardless of if you use the herbs or sell them, the money came from combat, not herblore.

elucin8er, perhaps for people with low agility greens may be better than blues, or maybe you're right either way. Nice thing with blues though is that I don't get annoyed by noob PKers who only hang out in low levels of wild, and I still make 300-400k worth of drops each hour (gotta put the 70k addy darts to good use somehow).

1. Runecrafting

2. Runecrafting

3. Runecrafting

4. Runecrafting

5. Merchanting

Agreed on the runecrafting, and Merchanting may be a good way to make cash, but I prefer to make my cash the good ol' honest way. ;)

Anyways...I can make 500k+ an hour with Runecrafting natures through the abyss. Once I get 75 rc, I'll make more, and once I get 91 rc, I'll make double that. So no...compared to Runecrafting, mining, fishing and woodcutting look like nooby skills. :lol:

Combat, to me, is the next best way to make cash. You get lots of exp (slayer, too, if you're on a task) and you become stronger, with the added bonus of the cash you could get.

And to whoever said Barrows wasn't good cash, tell that to the Dharok's Greataxe and Guthan's Platebody I just got from barrows last night, in only 5 chests. ;)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

The nest ways would be merchanting and staking for making MANY MILLIONS an hour

Then comes runecrafting if ur 91+ u can make a bit more then a mill an hour.

Pking can be a good way of making money but only if u get a rare drop every once in a while.

And now for my personal preffered ways of money making

1) Pking, I pk all day and make more then I spend on runes

2) Runecrafting ( I make my own nats and laws which saves me a bunch of money )

3) Well I dont do anything else for money except for those, but when I need more range for pking I train it on slayer monsters and get a rare drop every now and then, IE. got robin last week from a bronze dragon's clue :)

2. Staking

3. Lucky Pking

4. 91 Runecrafting

Best way to make money also has to do with your personality. Myself for example does not have the personaliey to make *any* money at all at *any* of the top 3 ways on your list. I am not saying that you are wrong, but I am saying that the best ways to make money vary very much between us as individuals. For one, to make much money you have to be interested in making much money, enjoying a large income. With the right personality, I am sure merchanting is enjoyable. Same for staking and pk-ing. For me trading with strangers is just a pain I try to get through as quick as possible, and fighting strangers is just something I dont want to do - so I dont do it.

Keep in mind that many of us enjoy working on skills rather than collecting money. And with our skills we earn enough money to make ourself a living. The skills we enjoy the most tend to be the skills we have high levels in, and also tend to be the best money maker for us. For someone enjoying fishing, fishing tend to be the major source of income for example. Again, I dont like fishing, and never made one single gp from it - but fished for my own needs. For someone who enjoy fighting NPC's, barrows is good way to make money. When it comes to myself, I enjoy getting most of my raw materials myself so I earn a little on most of what I do, and in addition to that I enjoy killing big monsters :P

Because of this, I would like to say that the best way to make money is doing what you are good at and enjoy! :)

(and I am sick of seeing topics like "what is the best way to make 4 millions really quick)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

#1 - Green Dragons = nice Profit

#2 - Runecrafting = Nice profit as well, since there are so many ppl that need nats :-)

#3 - Fletching = okay, but not the best profit

#4 - Slayer = you need to be lucky

#5 - Barrows = you need to be lucky

And since I havent listed pking, staking and merchanting its becuz...

Well if you got a team thats 10 times bigger than the other teams you will win, but there wont be that big profit...

staking is 90% luck and 10% skill...

merchanting is almost the same as scamming thouse days...

And [cabbage] my spelling Stinks

Sir Krohan- 138 - 2696 (2886)

Goals

Attack 112/120 || Strength 112/120 || Defence 112/120 || HP 114/120
Ranged 110/120 || Magic 104/120 || Prayer 103/120 || Slayer 114/120

All Skills 10127/27 || All Skills 102+ 25/27 || All skills 103+ 24/27
All Skills 10420/27 || All Skills 10513/27 || All skills 10611/27

288th to reach 85 Slayer & 144th to reach 90 Slayer

killing something and getting money from the drops is combat based gp, regardless of if you use the herbs or sell them, the money came from combat, not herblore.

elucin8er, perhaps for people with low agility greens may be better than blues, or maybe you're right either way. Nice thing with blues though is that I don't get annoyed by noob PKers who only hang out in low levels of wild, and I still make 300-400k worth of drops each hour (gotta put the 70k addy darts to good use somehow).

but i don't sell the herbs i use them for potions