Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Should be a 'no update week' next week, however there is meant to be some engine updates.

And in other news, this could be coming 'soon'...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528066_204664689643265_100002992076479_303090_1874744323_n.jpg

That doesn't work on my 3DS :sad:

Could someone upload a smaller version? <3:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Just cause it's over doesn't mean that they all stopped having their own amoral agendas

Hell, the ritual just made them more powerful and bloodthirsty

Azzandra's still hard at work making the presense of Zaro's ass and his own lips in the same room a possibility once again, and with the return of his lips, his dream is getting closer to fruition

8f14270694.jpg

Odd, the area is graphically updated, despite being only a half year old. Also, that's Lucien at the right and Zemourgal to the left. The human player also seems to have another player kit than ours, could it be an NPC? :s

I can't place it anywhere in our Mahjarratstoryline, as Lucien is being stabbed by the SoA, unless it's a flashback thingy.

EDIT: after looking at the concept art from the BTS, I can almost certainly tell that she is Moia, someone who is spying on Bilrach in Daemonheim. Thus this is a screenshot of a cutscene, where we see her talking to her masters. :o

I'm assuming you are right and that this is Moia. She seems to be at a past ritual of the mahjarrat which concludes that she has an extended lifespan similar to the mahjarrat which obviously makes her not human either. I think it would be a very good educated guess that this is a flashback to a past ritual of the mahjarrat which will shed some light on billrach's pursuites. I really don't think Jagex's line of sight with the lore would reach as far back as the most recent ritual of the mahjarrat and bring out some kind of lore-breaking content like this.

I am also wondering why jagex seems to be concetrating on a dead mahjarrat, but meh... The bigger picture seems to be the origins of daemonheim, billrach's intent to bring zamorak back into the world and possibly the dragonkins possible involvement with daemonheim.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

dunno if it was necessarily concentrating on lucien, he just happens to stick his nose into everybody's business a lot during the past

they appear to be at the ice fortress, which is zemmy's house anyway

8f14270694.jpg

dunno if it was necessarily concentrating on lucien, he just happens to stick his nose into everybody's business a lot during the past

they appear to be at the ice fortress, which is zemmy's house anyway

No its not the ice fortress ghorrock. That is actually the site of the ritual stone. In the ROTM quest only nearby the ritual stone do you see the strange etchings on the ground.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

ah, yeah, now that you mention it i do recognize that corner

(i mean I was hiding behind it for like half the fight)

you ever wonder if there was room for love on freneskae?

Love was probably a manipulative tool for gaining temporary allies, procreation to further their line and plans for domination. To me I would imagine jagex portraying mahjarrar love in its most wicked and kaniving nature.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That sounds hot. I mean, horrible. Yes.

I think they need to eventually move back home, because it gets kind of lonely after you've killed off your "friends" for their life essence and there's nothing that could conceivably pose a threat to you.

8f14270694.jpg

Love was probably a manipulative tool for gaining temporary allies, procreation to further their line and plans for domination. To me I would imagine jagex portraying mahjarrar love in its most wicked and kaniving nature.

enakhra was holding out of zemourgel for a few hundred years since she still loved zamorak

so at least we know that mahjarrat women will still be women

enakhra was holding out of zemourgel for a few hundred years since she still loved zamorak

so at least we know that mahjarrat women will still be women

Was? Lmfao I think she still is!

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm assuming you are right and that this is Moia. She seems to be at a past ritual of the mahjarrat which concludes that she has an extended lifespan similar to the mahjarrat which obviously makes her not human either. I think it would be a very good educated guess that this is a flashback to a past ritual of the mahjarrat which will shed some light on billrach's pursuites. I really don't think Jagex's line of sight with the lore would reach as far back as the most recent ritual of the mahjarrat and bring out some kind of lore-breaking content like this.

I am also wondering why jagex seems to be concetrating on a dead mahjarrat, but meh... The bigger picture seems to be the origins of daemonheim, billrach's intent to bring zamorak back into the world and possibly the dragonkins possible involvement with daemonheim.

no need to set the record on conclusions jumped, the ritual site could just be 'neutral' ground they all know about so they can conspire without having to reveal their lairs to the others, and there is nothing to imply they can only go there at the time of the ritual. if its a flash back then Moia doesnt necessarily have to still be alive in the 'present' so any extended lifespan is just speculation (besides how many thousands of people have been frozen for thousands of years and are walking around in game now? theres a whole dungeon devoted to that trope.) as it could be from any of the 1000-ish years bilrach has been mining. also if Moia is Lucien's daughter I expect its in the same way Iban is Zamorak's son and its just what Mahjarrat 'culture' understands of the terms aren't quite the same as ours.

no need to set the record on conclusions jumped, the ritual site could just be 'neutral' ground they all know about so they can conspire without having to reveal their lairs to the others, and there is nothing to imply they can only go there at the time of the ritual. if its a flash back then Moia doesnt necessarily have to still be alive in the 'present' so any extended lifespan is just speculation (besides how many thousands of people have been frozen for thousands of years and are walking around in game now? theres a whole dungeon devoted to that trope.) as it could be from any of the 1000-ish years bilrach has been mining. also if Moia is Lucien's daughter I expect its in the same way Iban is Zamorak's son and its just what Mahjarrat 'culture' understands of the terms aren't quite the same as ours.

The thing with the ritual site I find is, the ritual has to do with stars and such-like aligning. Various implications of the Mahjaratt lore suggest that the required alignment means the ritual site is not necessarily a fixed location, though other things suggest it might be. For example Jhallan needed help to find a good hiding place for the ritual, if the site is fixed (given his cowardly nature) surely he would of found a good place already? But then the one tunnelling under Zemergoul's fortress was killed 1 or 2 rituals ago. Also there is relative ambiguity to do with the site in the quest itself, talking to Azzandra he doesn't give you a detailed idea of the area (eg there are some good cliffs to the north where you could hide...) just a rough location which kinda could imply he hasn't been to that specific location before. etc.

So to me at least it seems like the ritual site is not always static, it may be in roughly the same area for a few consecutive rituals but it does seem plausible that it does move. Heck even the origin story would imply they would've had to do the ritual in the desert at some point.

As for the daughter thing, QAs have pretty much confirmed that Moia is his daughter* to fill out the throw away reference in a dialogue from Temple of Ikov (I think it was that one) to his daughter. Plus I doubt it'll be an Iban jobby; we know the mahjaratt have children the normal way, there is specific back story to Khazard being born in Glienor.

*In usual jagex fashion of not explicitly saying it, but then talking about it in a way that implies it to be true and not correcting questions that called her Lucien's daughter.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If Moia is supposed to be a mahjarrat and goes after Bilrach in heim (he started digging in 1200ish of the 4th age so over a millenium after the godwars ended), khazard is supposed to the the youngest and born at the end of the 3rd age, Zemourgal neglected to document her despite them all being able to sense each other and the whole 'Enakhra is the only female left' thing then theres going to have to be either some huge retconning or ass pulling in order to not have a whole mess of contradictions. but i suppose thats never stopped jagex before so what do i know.

If Moia is supposed to be a mahjarrat and goes after Bilrach in heim (he started digging in 1200ish of the 4th age so over a millenium after the godwars ended), khazard is supposed to the the youngest and born at the end of the 3rd age, Zemourgal neglected to document her despite them all being able to sense each other and the whole 'Enakhra is the only female left' thing then theres going to have to be either some huge retconning or ass pulling in order to not have a whole mess of contradictions. but i suppose thats never stopped jagex before so what do i know.

But she could be half mahjaratt, that would make a difference to how she relates to the others in terms of power and their abilities.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But she could be half mahjaratt, that would make a difference to how she relates to the others in terms of power and their abilities.

hence what i said about ass-pulling, if you're just going to wave your hand and invalidate all the rules and conventions you've established on a whim why bother to define them in the first place? If your make your vampires burn in sunlight for 3 chapters then you just decide to have them played basket ball at noon with no consequence only for them to be turned to ash a couple chapters later then you need to seriously reconsider whether vampires are the appropiate characters for your fiction.

Similarly if youve got a race of super wizards youve built up as scheming social darwinist cannibals, who will gladly exterminate their own entire race along with the 'lesser' races to just prevent themselves being eaten, then you show these power games have basically bottlenecked them to the edge of extinction as they cant/wont replenish their population/food supply, if you now just give them the ability to just make progeny with creatures they view as cattle in order to crowbar in an answer to a throwaway line that just wrecks the entire premise of the race and all theyre about is just sillly, avoidable and pointless. I just hope im wrong about that being what jagex has done.

we have been shown that there are individuals who are not as self serving or backstabbing as the worst ones, but they're usually sacrificed sooner or later (although much is left to speculation, as the others were zamorakian), and it's just too bad that you were only able to meet Jhallan once before he was consumed

given the nature of their current situation, it is not easy to figure out their motives entirely

8f14270694.jpg

hence what i said about ass-pulling, if you're just going to wave your hand and invalidate all the rules and conventions you've established on a whim why bother to define them in the first place? If your make your vampires burn in sunlight for 3 chapters then you just decide to have them played basket ball at noon with no consequence only for them to be turned to ash a couple chapters later then you need to seriously reconsider whether vampires are the appropiate characters for your fiction.

Similarly if youve got a race of super wizards youve built up as scheming social darwinist cannibals, who will gladly exterminate their own entire race along with the 'lesser' races to just prevent themselves being eaten, then you show these power games have basically bottlenecked them to the edge of extinction as they cant/wont replenish their population/food supply, if you now just give them the ability to just make progeny with creatures they view as cattle in order to crowbar in an answer to a throwaway line that just wrecks the entire premise of the race and all theyre about is just sillly, avoidable and pointless. I just hope im wrong about that being what jagex has done.

It's not ruining anything at all; it is perfectly acceptable and entirely likely that a cross-breed would not conform to all the rules of one species.

Nothing in the lore has indicated they could *only* breed with other mahjaratt, the precedent in RS seems to be that basically any humanoid can breed with any other humanoid. Thinking Gunnar's Ground (Dwarf+Human) and Myreque (Saffallan is some form of human icyene cross breed)

And what you are banging on about them being set up as is entirely untrue. The mahjaratt vary greatly in aims, behaviour etc. Jhallan, Azzandra and Wahistel (sp?) all seem like pretty decent people. Jhallan was really nice, Wah just hid his identity from us so we didn't freak out and make assumptions and Azzandra just wants Zaros back (Which is something Guthix approves of AND Zaros is not an evil God so it's not bad). Heck even Enkhara and Anthankos don't seem too bad, sure they want to kill each other, but they don;t have any big nefarious plot about world domination. Khazard is a bit of a douche, but doesn't seem all that powerful. Sliske likes his wights and tricks but as of yet no world domination plans. Only Zemegoul and Lucien so far have been shown to be *really* bad guys after world domination. Bilrach is a bit up in the air, he don't seem to honourable but it also seems like he went a bit mad and all the other mahjratt sources said he was weak and a coward. And those same sources detailed a good 4 or 5 other mahjaratt who all seemed to lack any major nefarious plots (due to the fact their names don;t crop up anywhere else in rs history to date).

If you are going to try and argue about what the mahjaratt are, or are not, atleast get all the facts. They are one of the least uniform races in rs lore. They ONLY traits they all share are powerful magic and rejuvenation via the ritual. Aside from that they all have their own goals and ideals most of which are not all that bad, it's notable that the Zamorakian Mahajaratt are the main bad guys while the Zarosians tend to be much nicer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Sliske released Nex to cause great disturbances in the God Wars AND he uses every opportunity to get the best warriors as his own slave army (ultimately Zaros' army), I don't see that as a friendly trait, especially not when he tried to turn me into one of his wights. :s

Also, you say that Zemourgal and the other Mahjarrat thought Bilrach was a weakling. The fact that Bilrach created such a place as Demon Halls, summoning vast armies and stuff, I think the Mahjarrat had a very biased opinion on him, because he was very secretive about his powers. Also, this last teaser implies that at least the main antagonists Zemourgal and Lucien have to spy on Bilrach to get some information on him, I don't see anyone spying on someone weak, so they at least have to know SOMETHING about his powers, or suspect it the very least.

Sliske released Nex to cause great disturbances in the God Wars AND he uses every opportunity to get the best warriors as his own slave army (ultimately Zaros' army), I don't see that as a friendly trait, especially not when he tried to turn me into one of his wights. :s

Also, you say that Zemourgal and the other Mahjarrat thought Bilrach was a weakling. The fact that Bilrach created such a place as Demon Halls, summoning vast armies and stuff, I think the Mahjarrat had a very biased opinion on him, because he was very secretive about his powers. Also, this last teaser implies that at least the main antagonists Zemourgal and Lucien have to spy on Bilrach to get some information on him, I don't see anyone spying on someone weak, so they at least have to know SOMETHING about his powers, or suspect it the very least.

All true.

I only said Sliske lacked world domination plans, not that he wasn't a bad guy.

Equally I did say Bilrach is a bit up in the air, granted we do have journals and lores that suggested he did these things within daemonheim but at the same time daemonheim is known to be rather unusual in terms of power. After all just look how powerful basic equipment is down there (armour stats). Certainly it is clear Bilrach was some what under estimated but we do not know for certain to the extent of his true power or whether it was influence by daemonheim's energies and we certainly do no know quite what his plan was except that he was digging to obtain some source of power. More questions than solid answers really, but hopefully these upcoming sagas will provide some further insights.

The main jist of my point was the argument that a half mahjaratt child would be destroying lore and ruining things due to the race being all about dominating the world and hating other races and wanting to wipe them out is not true at all. The majority of the mahjaratt, in current lore, do not seem too concerned with that matter. Even those who are don't seem to entirely hate other races, for example Lucien employs humans quite frequently and whilst his main goal is godhood and ruling the world he only really turned on us the player for trying to stop him and nothing in his plans directly suggest his godhood plan is to kill everybody, his main aim with the godhood thing seemed to be power over other mahajratt and being worshipped. The only mahjaratt that has 100% expressed a desire to wipe out other races is Zemergoul.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It is also evident that Bilrach mostly relied on his massive slave group to do most of the work for him, and although he was able to overpower his followers individually to bow to his control, it is unlikely that he would have been able to stand up to his peers. Most of his greater acts of power (like breaching the planes to bring in other beings) were being amplified by the source of chaotic energy at the heart of the area, like what Lucien was doing.

8f14270694.jpg