Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

including the fabled dragon kiteshield, a range of new dragon-orientated gear, and a host of other drops

Wonder why they didn't mention the crossbow in BTS? Maybe it's not. Maybe it's some kind of hunting harpoon? :mrgreen:

including the fabled dragon kiteshield, a range of new dragon-orientated gear, and a host of other drops

Wonder why they didn't mention the crossbow in BTS? Maybe it's not. Maybe it's some kind of hunting harpoon? :mrgreen:

They did...

In this brand new quest, available to all members and with no entry requirements, youll be able to gain access to a new upgradable crossbow and several hidden XP rewards while trying to free the innocents from the grip of this most crippling condition. Very high-level players will also appreciate the final reward: a passive damage-reduction buff, active during one of the most highly anticipated boss fights of all time
Flyingjj.png

That pic is pretty sweet. Looks like they included all 3 new items from the QBD. Kite, crossbow and some sort of cape? In the interview they mentioned you don't actually kill the dragon just put her back to sleep and then you get kicked to a treasure chest room to loot your drops.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

So I guess we'll be getting a new high level staff from the QBD along with the dragon kite and possibly a shield. Not sure on the crossbow and if it just comes from the quest.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That pic is pretty sweet. Looks like they included all 3 new items from the QBD. Kite, crossbow and some sort of cape? In the interview they mentioned you don't actually kill the dragon just put her back to sleep and then you get kicked to a treasure chest room to loot your drops.

The shield looks like a dragonfire shield, actually.

Yeah, I think you're right. I never saw one since the graphical update.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

So I guess we'll be getting a new high level staff from the QBD along with the dragon kite and possibly a shield. Not sure on the crossbow and if it just comes from the quest.

Weren't their initially planning for her to drop a staff but scrapped that idea and replaced it for a range weapon?

Weren't their initially planning for her to drop a staff but scrapped that idea and replaced it for a range weapon?

From the audio the mod stated that there was a staff drop. They said something about not being too fond of it because of all the other recent stave release updates. I could have heard wrong because the audio was kinda crappy with the british accent.

On a barely relevant note... I can't stand rs players who don't know that 'staff' has a different plural name as 'staves'. Makes me want to cringe.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah, I think you're right. I never saw one since the graphical update.

How do you not see one of those? They are the best defensive shield (cost-effective-wise).

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

More food for discussion...

640px-QBDHiddenTeaser2.png

Either that is water or its a crack in the foundation showing us a floating dungeon in the sky. This picture, barbecue of the design correlates with the media update pictures that we thought were adamantite dragons. The crack leading through the wall and floor together lead me to think this is an actual floating dungeon. Another thing makes me think that this might actually be the abode of the dragonkin. Maybe after the attacks from robert the strong the dragonkin decided to magically uproot their fortress and place it in the skies. This could also give them more reason to maintain the wings on their draconic creations.

There are other pictures with slug-like creatures in them and I'm trying to figure out what they are for... They look awfully familiar to the slug queen/prince. I can see some dissimilarities between these 'slugs' and the mind-controlling slugs though. These ones have four arm-like protrusions and I'm willing to bet these are the wyrms of old.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

640px-QBDHiddenTeaser2.png

Either that is water or its a crack in the foundation showing us a floating dungeon in the sky. This picture, barbecue of the design correlates with the media update pictures that we thought were adamantite dragons. The crack leading through the wall and floor together lead me to think this is an actual floating dungeon. Another thing makes me think that this might actually be the abode of the dragonkin. Maybe after the attacks from robert the strong the dragonkin decided to magically uproot their fortress and place it in the skies. This could also give them more reason to maintain the wings on their draconic creations.

There are other pictures with slug-like creatures in them and I'm trying to figure out what they are for... They look awfully familiar to the slug queen/prince. I can see some dissimilarities between these 'slugs' and the mind-controlling slugs though. These ones have four arm-like protrusions and I'm willing to bet these are the wyrms of old.

Posted that pic a page back :)

I think those slugs are related to the Quest, Songs from the Depths and that they must be involved in the dreams. I also have a sneaking suspicion that you must complete the quest in order to gain access to the QBD, there must be some connection between them all. Perhaps the QBD is acting like a Mother Mallum and has taken control of the hive mind or whatever it is the slugs have.

33wv6sj.png

Either that is water or its a crack in the foundation showing us a floating dungeon in the sky. This picture, barbecue of the design correlates with the media update pictures that we thought were adamantite dragons. The crack leading through the wall and floor together lead me to think this is an actual floating dungeon.

Or perhaps the dungeon is in a different dimension? (given the lack of sky/clouds) Would explain the whole "instanced" feature.

Popoto.~<3

How do you not see one of those? They are the best defensive shield (cost-effective-wise).

I quit for a few months and just returned 2 weeks ago. Spent the first 11 days solely in runespan.

~ Arcane Rift ~

33wv6sj.png

Either that is water or its a crack in the foundation showing us a floating dungeon in the sky. This picture, barbecue of the design correlates with the media update pictures that we thought were adamantite dragons. The crack leading through the wall and floor together lead me to think this is an actual floating dungeon.

Or perhaps the dungeon is in a different dimension? (given the lack of sky/clouds) Would explain the whole "instanced" feature.

I'm doubtful of that because they clearly stated they wanted a boss players could solo without needing a team or being crashed by one.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well, it's possible that the dungeon/boss monster is instanced per player, allowing for a solo, uncrashable fight.

546471_226898440753223_100002992076479_345664_1384038678_n.jpg

Rimmington graphical rework + phantasmal apparitions.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So are we getting the QBD and the quest next week? Also, the picture of the player with the QBD might just be concept art but the skirt they're wearing doesn't look like anything we currently have. It's lined with teeth and looks scaly, could be a new armor drop.

Sylpheed.png

Quest and QBD seem likely since bts said quest was kind of a prelude to QBD giving damage buff etc. And teaser pics surfacing show both QBD lair areas and the Rimmington quest area.

And the week after next is the Jubilee so it'd make sense for that week to be the last remaining update aka the Jubilee stuff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, it's possible that the dungeon/boss monster is instanced per player, allowing for a solo, uncrashable fight.

Jmods already confirmed QBD will be instanced to enforce soloing it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]

New Behind The Scenes video about the QBD. Next week they tell us stuff about the combat rework.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnFrqUVRjp0&feature=g-all-u[/hide]

Sounds like Matt Cuttle. http://mattcuttle.com/
Matt also provides video content for a variety of corporate clients including Jagex

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Quest and QBD seem likely since bts said quest was kind of a prelude to QBD giving damage buff etc. And teaser pics surfacing show both QBD lair areas and the Rimmington quest area.

And the week after next is the Jubilee so it'd make sense for that week to be the last remaining update aka the Jubilee stuff.

Urrrrgh not any more now, Song from the Depths next week and then the QBD fight the week after :(

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes--on-video-

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urrrrgh not any more now, Song from the Depths next week and then the QBD fight the week after :(

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes--on-video-

Still could be, they did say 'the week that follows' but that is an ambiguous term.

It could mean the QBD is not available until the following week or it could mean that in the time frame that directly follows the quest you can be at the QBD.

But certainly sounds that way =/

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It looks exactly like the dragon skirt... How do you miss that?!

Maybe the QBD comes next week because it will be on a weekly/biweekly/monthly timer to prevent over-camping?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Meh. Not a huge fan of transitioning BtS to video... I almost always prefer things to be in text rather than video. It's easier and faster for me to absorb the information, and I don't have to go find my headphones to avoid weird looks in the computer labs.

Edit@v: Ah, so they do. My bad, got the wrong impression.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg