Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

My FPS today was 3 in Edgeville. Nvidia GeForce 240M dedicated graphics card in this laptop. Changing settings to minimum does bugger all. I've love for the framerate issue to be fixed. There are parts of RuneScape that are unplayable right now.

Mine also got worse recently. Decided to basically not play RuneScape until a fix comes.

And lol @ runespan.

The only thing I can look forward to is being able to murder death/blood esslings (they better look cool), and Runecrafting not being BORING. In all cases, I probably won't be able to run RS on runespan release day at this rate :-# . Yes, I am kind of mad lately :(.

553VriC.png?1

Hello 1 fps.

That aside. If they implement distant-object shading (outline areas that are further away like in the pictures), I will LOVE this update.

My FPS today was 3 in Edgeville. Nvidia GeForce 240M dedicated graphics card in this laptop. Changing settings to minimum does bugger all. I've love for the framerate issue to be fixed. There are parts of RuneScape that are unplayable right now.

I got 25fps on maximum with Nvidia GeForce 555m on my laptop. Jagex just keeps upping the requirements.

I got 25fps on maximum with Nvidia GeForce 555m on my laptop. Jagex just keeps upping the requirements.

Nope, nothing to do with requirements. It's a flaw in the game engine that will be fixed with Optimus, according to Jagex.

Later in the thread Mod Easty said aiming for around 2pm

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Some how I feel mildly disappointed by the teasers, I mean nice little update and all but while making the log throwing animation we can see couldn't they of like y'know made an actual bonfire graphic? Just something that looks a bit bigger/different tot a normal fire?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm sure they'll get bigger.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I'm sure they'll get bigger.

Hope so.

If not, it's pretty much a no-update week. Copy code from Curly roots -> implement for normal fires and logs.

I kind of hope it to be true but they have released like 5 different pictures that I've seen (fansites etc) and ALL of them just have a basic normal fire.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They said bonfires could give a health bonus and extra cooking xp. I'm not exactly sure what the mean; perhaps the "health bonus" is referring to cooking food on the bonfires. Either way, it sounds like this will not only be a good way to train, but also might be a genuine use for firemaking.

P.S. I've been suggesting something like this for years... Big fires that multiple players can join in, and some kind of boost when cooking on player made fires. Took 'em long enough.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Bonfires have been a longstanding popular suggestion since classic days. I also hope to see bonfires get as big as cannons.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If the food is bankable... Ugh I do not want rows and rows of food, food +1, food +2, etc.

Crosses fingers for more bankspace

Seems Jagex has a passive damage reduction buff coming from the new song from the depths quest. Maybe we'll see buffs added from bonfires that make any food eaten give extra healing?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think I just realized what the health bonuses are going to be like when I saw how the players were leaning over the fire and warming their hands. They are probably going to be similar to how resting works, but with lp. Maybe the log type will offer increasingly better lp restoration over time?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That would be very interesting, but I'm still not predicting that will have a major motivation to train firemaking beyond 50 or so.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think I just realized what the health bonuses are going to be like when I saw how the players were leaning over the fire and warming their hands. They are probably going to be similar to how resting works, but with lp. Maybe the log type will offer increasingly better lp restoration over time?

I was thinking more along the lines of if you cook food on a bonfire they get the same ability that rocktail has of boosting your lp past it's max with higher quality fires giving better boosts.

Sylpheed.png

I was thinking more along the lines of if you cook food on a bonfire they get the same ability that rocktail has of boosting your lp past it's max with higher quality fires giving better boosts.

I was thinking of food health boosts, but those might be somewhat difficult to handle (more items/attached effects). The BTS wording was quite vague on this anyway - it just strung Cooking XP before health boosts, which seems to suggest health boosts on food, but by the same token it could be entirely unrelated.

Would be handy to have some kind of resting effect though - imagine bonfires in the GWD :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The update is planned for thursday. If it was just bonfires, I think it shouldn't take that long. One can hope.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

The update is planned for thursday. If it was just bonfires, I think it shouldn't take that long. One can hope.

Thursday? When I looked at the thread on RSOF it said Wednesday. Either way, it was a Bank Holiday here in the UK yesterday so that's probably why it's later in the week.

Sylpheed.png