01-Dec-14: Christmas Event

BloodAngel

Does anyone know if glowing crackers will be removed from the game after this holiday event?  I got one on a f2p account and I don't really want to buy a bond just to pull a cracker to win a rune platebody.  Supposedly, festive crackers (those from last year with black Santa hats inside) still exist in the game. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, I've heard that the holly wreath will be limited to only 1000 pieces.  Does anyone have an official source for this info?  I know that Jagex is releasing a set number of Christmas scythes and rubber turkeys (5,000 and 25,000 respectively), but the only concrete number that I could find for the holly wreath is the 100,000 glowing crackers from the weekly big presents.  Do these crackers contain 1000 wreaths or are they a roll of the dice with a 1/100 chance of getting a wreath?  Since glowing crackers can't be pulled on f2p worlds, will this mean that the rarity of the holly wreath will be greater than anticipated?  I doubt that every f2p player who receives a glowing cracker will buy a bond or purchase membership just to pull their cracker.

37 snowballs. All tiny lamps. I declare rigging.

Ouch!  I'm sorry you didn't get anything.  I turned in approximately 45-50 snowballs spread across 12 accounts (in total, not per account) and I've received: 3 Buddy pets, 2 Christmas loot beams, 2 glowing crackers (5 noted rune bars and 1 unpulled), and a rubber turkey. 

the wiki information for the glowing cracker sounds like they're purely generation by odds based, but it's hard to tell

btw, the odds for the daily drawing change day to day based on the total number of entries, so you may want to check right before the day ends to see whether or not you should bother submitting that day

8f14270694.jpg

I haven't dumped any snowballs yet, thinking my best chance is to put everything I have so far in before Thursday evening's reset.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm just turning in all the snowballs I can daily. I've gotten the loot beam. Other than that just lamps. Perhaps I should actually be logging into my ironman... haven't even been thinking about him.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I'm just turning in all the snowballs I can daily. I've gotten the loot beam. Other than that just lamps. Perhaps I should actually be logging into my ironman... haven't even been thinking about him.

That's a good point actually - are the ironman accounts even eligible for either the xp lamps or the "tradeable" rares?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That's a good point actually - are the ironman accounts even eligible for either the xp lamps or the "tradeable" rares?

That is something that I find strange, I received tons of lamps for this holiday. They nerfed halloween rewards for ironman but they don't seem to care about nerfing christmas :P I don't like XP lamps as a reward for holiday events though, they should be about the event self and maybe some clothing... so the snowballs would be great, if you just received some small stuff (like real snowballs) instead of xp lamps. But well I used them all on construction, as money making is a bit harder for ironman (haven't trained construction at all, only lamps :P )

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'm not sure which image or if you meant a different thread.

Anyway, today is the last day for presents I take it? Because I keep forgetting to turn in my snowballs.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I'm not sure which image or if you meant a different thread.

Anyway, today is the last day for presents I take it? Because I keep forgetting to turn in my snowballs.

You can't turn in your snowballs for presents anymore.  You can only get gp now (enchanted snow is 10 gp each, snowballs are 10k each).

I held onto about 15 snowballs (across a few accounts) in preparation for this week, unaware that the event ended on the 16th... all to waste :(  I wish that you could have gotten lamps (even the small ones) instead of gp.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png