01-Dec-14: Christmas Event

BloodAngel

Festive Cheer - Christmas Event

Get into the RuneScape Christmas spirit early with the first of our three Festive Cheer events.

Deliver presents, help pull the giant cracker and round up rogue Christmas decorations to earn ice-cool cosmetic overrides, an emote and XP.

Read on for further details!

Present Delivery & Giant Cracker

Free players and members

Speak to Santa in the Lumbridge Crater to get a sack of presents. Click on this to open an interface, where - once per day - you can select an NPC to be the recipient of a Christmas gift.

Click 'set for delivery' when you've chosen, then head over to the lucky individual and speak to them with the sack of presents in your inventory.

When they’ve opened their gift, you'll get cheer points to spend in the rewards store (accessible by clicking the sack of presents) plus a piece of festive paper. Return this to Santa and you'll earn an XP lamp.

After 250,000 pieces of paper have been brought to Santa (counted across all worlds) the giant cracker nearby will be ready to pull! A global chat box message will display when this happens.

When you see the message, head to Lumbridge to help pull the cracker. When the cracker's health hits zero, you'll be able to loot a chest containing an XP lamp and an appropriately hilarious joke - plus, you'll unlock a Cracker Pull emote the first time you open it.

festive_cheer.jpg

Tinsel Snake Hunt

Members only

In Varrock, you'll find a Christmas tree at the centre of the market square. Every three hours, an event starts where you can gather up runaway tinsel snakes and return them to the tree.

An announcement will go out when the event's active. Then, just head to Varrock and click the tree to join in.

Click on the tinsel snakes to form a train of up to 10 before leading them back to the tree. They aren't fussy about whom they follow, though, so watch out for other players trying to pinch your tinsel train!

Return the tinsel snakes to the tree to earn cheer points, plus Summoning XP. You'll get more of both the longer your tinsel snake train is.

Rewards

In addition to the rewards above, you'll be able to spend your cheer points in the rewards store. Click on the sack of presents and spend them on some festive cosmetic overrides:

• Ice sickle: a main-hand melee weapon override.
  • Snowman outfit: a four-piece override set, including head, body, legs and asnow generator for the cape slot.

Merry Christmas!

There's more festive fun yet to come. First up, join the Community Team for a series of Festive Cheer event live streams. The first starts at 3pm GMT today over on Twitch.

Battle the Snowverload boss next week, and go snowboarding when the Queen of Snow returns the week after that. Cheer points will be available in all events, so there's plenty of time and many different ways to earn your rewards.

There'll be themed Winter Weekends too, starting this Friday with Skiller Weekend, and loads of fun events and competitions in the RuneScape Community Advent-ure.

We hope you have an amazing holiday season - see you in game!

The RuneScape Team

In Other News
  • The Festive Aura can now be used throughout December - giving you +50% XP for half an hour per day - up to 50,000 additional XP. Get one from one of the friendly snow imps around the world if you don't have one already!
  • Find the oddly familiar Thorvar Crittersmash near certain lodestones and donate Bonds to our Oxfam Charity Drive.
  • Listen to the latest RuneScape podcast on Podbean. Hear more about the development of Heart of Stone from Mod Moltare and Mod Raven.

[hide=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

• Ariane now has the correct chat head during the Heart of Stone quest.
  • The drawers in the witch's house will no longer change colour when opened.
  • Several wall-mounted candles have been moved upstairs in the Varrock east bank.
  • Several wall-mounted swords and shields have been moved closer to the wall in Varrock castle's courtyard.
  • A rogue black square hanging around the Al Kharid palace has been removed.
  • A stretching issue with the Crown of Loyalty (3 year) has been resolved.
  • A palm tree on Ape Atoll is no longer split in two and floating.
  • A one-sided window has been removed from Player-Owned Ports' workshop.
  • Fixed some bloom issues on water and the strange device found during Nomad's Requiem.
  • A graphical issue has been corrected in the Elemental Workshop.
  • Some minor clipping in Gudrik's house has been fixed.
  • Apprentice Clara's stretching issues have been addressed.
  • A small graphical issue with a tree stump has been fixed near the Underground Pass.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
  • Barrows and Shadow dyes will now be broadcast to friends when won from a Treasure Trail.
  • The 'Subdue all Automatons' ability in Guthixian Caches will now award points.
  • An additional "S" in a certain anagram clue has been moved.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
  • Several typos in the Heart of Stone quest have been fixed.
  • Additional feedback now displays on the tracker puzzle during Heart of Stone.
  • Kipple will now speak to players if they return to the Wizards' Tower.
  • Dialogue has been added to inform players of where they can find Kipple during Heart of Stone.
  • Kipple is no longer able to forage for items.
  • It is no longer possible to speak to other instances of Kipple during the Heart of Stone quest.
  • Leela can once again be found above the Draynor prison after a defence skill reset.
  • The getaway boat in Stolen Hearts will no longer sail though the cliff-side.
  • The combat level for earth elementals in the Elemental Workshop III's quest journal has been corrected.
  • Updated the Merlin's Crystal quest start journal to reflect recent changes to the combat level calculation.
  • The cultist's combat level in the Hazeel Cult quest journal has been corrected.
  • The Grand Candle achievement will no longer complete if the player attempts to buy a candle but fails due to lack of money.
  • Tin ore no longer counts towards the basic mining challenge to mine copper ore.
Other:
  • The Disruption Shield spell now shares the same effect in PvM situations.
  • Players who completed the Thanksgiving 2014 event can now use the turkey herald cape crest.
  • Goliath gloves now have a base accuracy value of 1694, and are correctly counted as a two-handed weapon for the strength value.
  • The Voice of Seren stones in the Max Guild now update correctly.
  • The tick box to load Beast of Burden presets alongside bank presets is now unchecked by default.
  • Pickaxes and hatchets had their accuracy improved to match that of its tier. Their strength remains unchanged.
  • The healing values of some barbarian mix potions have been updated.
  • Locating crystal trees will now add the clue message to the players chat box.
  • Diango now only offers prismatic versions of skill pendants, which can be converted into any skill the player has unlocked.
  • Antifire potions will no longer stop having an effect before they run out.
  • Interacting with familiars via the summoning icon will now respond as expected.
  • Players can no longer run through the pillars of the watchtower north of Varrock.
  • Players will no longer be forced to walk a square back when standing on a specific tiles north of the crop field by the Grand Exchange.
  • Signs of the porter now bank snake weed when collecting from jungle vines, rather than when picked up.
  • The attuned ectoplasmator now correctly consumes a charge when equipped while killing demons and ghosts.
Ninja fixes:
  • The TokHaar-Kal-Ket entry in the player-owned house cape rack has been updated, and entries have been added for the TokHaar-Kal-Xil (Ranged) and TokHaar-Kal-Mej (Magic).
  • Players can now optionally choose to skull themselves via Mr Ex in Edgeville.
  • Players are now able to obtain multiple ectophials.
  • Players may now claim multiple agile armour parts.
  • There is now an overlay that shows approval rating when on Miscellania.
  • The 'You don't have a target' message will now only appear once per minute unfiltered.[/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So pretty much... you deliver a present to an NPC of your choice, then take the festive paper back to Santa...

And get a 14.5k xp lamp in any skill + unlocking cosmetics. That's pretty sweet, doesn't even take that much time lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I think the aura resets ~24h after being consumed?  Just examine or something should show the exact time.  I would assume the Christmas event resets at the same time as dailies.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think the aura resets ~24h after being consumed? Just examine or something should show the exact time. I would assume the Christmas event resets at the same time as dailies.

It is standard daily reset time

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

So eh, considering it takes 250k people to make one cracker, which takes quite a long time (take one a day), and the fact that the cracker can be pulled instantly, I foresee that a lot of people will never get the lamp and emote from the damn thing.

250k... Can only do it once per day... And if you don't do it when it happens, you don't get it, completely forgetting there's more timezones then ONE.

Whoever did this years' event royally [bleep]ed up. again. for the 3rd year of grind-fest events.

Popoto.~<3

Who implemented that you can steal tinsel form each other -.-" Also they didn't really mark the area in which you can walk and thus I lost all my tinsel... And an other time the game said that my tinsel lost me (thus me having 0 tinsel) when they were still following me... (clicking on them did not add one to the counter) sigh...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

By the way, I just noticed there was no Tag visible, so I added it now =3!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

has there been a cracker pull yet?

for some reason this reminds me of the guthix rune altar going form 250k to 100k at the last minute so it could get done. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

has there been a cracker pull yet?

for some reason this reminds me of the guthix rune altar going form 250k to 100k at the last minute so it could get done.

~~~legoman187~~~

When i saw the community counter thats exactly what i thought. It seems that the less popular mechanics such as this get relegated to less fundimental projects... or so i think.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

By the looks of it 1hour at the seren stones = approx 100 snow.

I dont know if I'll make 50 balls for the whole period, let alone for 1 day ...

================================

From the RS forum

5-15 every 5 minutes (so the average is 120 snow/h or 240 if you're killing monsters)

Like most promotions it's been pretty much done so that unless you buy spins (or Jagex buys spins for you and then charges you for them) your chances of getting the desirable items is slim to none, particularly if you have school or work. Not that I am particularly bothered :P

• Like 3

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."