16-Mar-2015 - Ninja Graphical Updates | Skillcapes | Pyramid Plunder

Saradomin_Mage

:O I couldn't find it on their official release:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/ninja-graphical-updates--skillcapes--pyramid-plunder?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Maybe it's somewhere different but I'm pretty sure I looked all over that.

Thanks for pointing out the patch notes on the front of this thread, though :D.

They forgot it in their official notes, indeed :XD:. It is usually pinned in Recent Game Updates though, so that's always a good place to check :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Can we stop with texturescape? I know min detail isn't supposed to look good, but it is down right embarrassing how bad every new piece of content looks without textures. I would like for their graphic team to stop being lazy and put a few polygons into their game for once. The new skillcapes look horrible in min detail. For an item that lots of people wear, they could have at least tried a little.

What I see....

901ceec0e2.png

What I'm supposed to see....

Malevolent_armour_set_%28shadow%29_equip

Or take a look at some older item...

5f8b5e6180.png

3907f1fd78.png

There is a huge quality difference, but the quality of the min detail is passable.

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

gCPMK.png

This excites me more then words can describe...When I started playing runescape the capes to me were always my goal...now they look awful. \

Huzza!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

LZYo2xb.jpg

8dh60jX.jpg

5oSIoPp.jpg

CXoTNV5.jpg

Low Detail to High Detail. The SGS's Blessed Sentinel Outfit used to have low detail textures even worse than the wings shown. They fixed it and made it stupid good looking even on low detail after people complained.

The current low detail textures are unacceptable and should be fixed.

The current low detail textures are unacceptable non-existent and should be fixed.

ftfy

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

They should just get rid of the front flap things completely.

Also... If they're going to give people free overrides on SGS for the old skillcape models, then they should also give us free overrides for the new models.

They should just get rid of the front flap things completely.Also... If they're going to give people free overrides on SGS for the old skillcape models, then they should also give us free overrides for the new models.

I have no idea why everyone voted for the tassel option. One of the only things shown as advertised and people hate it.

• Like 1

Also, one complaint I would have, is that several skillcapes actually had their colors changed.

Why is Divination skillcape the exact same color as Cooking cape? for example

And Summoning cape looks similar to Fishing cape

I was wondering when they'd be updated too. For all of the [bleep]ing about how "plain" the new skillcapes are, they are at least far more in line with our present graphical standards; ALSO, after seeing 99 Defence and 120 Defence right next to each other, I had to remark about how much better the former looked... :|

EDIT

Almost forgot, but why wasn't the Quest Cape updated too? Far and away from any bullshit about how it's not "technically" a skillcape, although I'm supposing that's exactly the reason?  <_<

EDIT 2

Just realized this was future updates and not the actual update thread...  :unsure:

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

@Blutters: I moved the post for you :). Just a tip for next time, 'report' your post if you realise it is in the wrong topic and we can move it for you fairly easy.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Brown trim on ranged, brown background on dg, and yellow on everything looks 2D and lifeless... If they were gonna change colors they should've used the themes from master capes imo

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

They should just get rid of the front flap things completely.Also... If they're going to give people free overrides on SGS for the old skillcape models, then they should also give us free overrides for the new models.

I have no idea why everyone voted for the tassel option. One of the only things shown as advertised and people hate it.

I would have been very upset if they'd removed the tassels. Tassels are the single most defining characteristic of the skillcape's visual design. No other cape has them.

Then they went ahead and kept the tassels but made them no longer match the cape, which is...just...ugh.

So now they're probably just going to bring back the old model, breast-clipping and all. Bloody Jagex.

• Like 1

Also, one complaint I would have, is that several skillcapes actually had their colors changed.

Why is Divination skillcape the exact same color as Cooking cape? for example

And Summoning cape looks similar to Fishing cape

it's a good job people didn't get to vote for the divination cape colours . . .

• Like 1
baileydafrog.png

So now they're probably just going to bring back the old model, breast-clipping and all. Bloody Jagex.

If they do, it'll be optional as either a right click option on the capes themselves, or as a free override on Solomon's Store.

Why not also put the old capes as a free unlockable override, as well?

It's not like the old ones have been deleted. They can still roll back

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I mean, the models themselves are fine, it's just the colors are completely off.

For some of them, I don't mind, like Construction cape used to be orange trim, now it's yellow trim which I like more.

But I don't think colors should have changed at all.

That's what they're doing; either a right click togle option on the cape, or a free override in Solomon's.

Apparently, they're also going to fiddle with the coloring mishaps:

wN31Fa0.png

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I'm hoping for the SGS override instead of the straight toggle. I wouldn't even mind paying for it as long as it was an override instead of actually having to waste keepsake slots on the capes. (I have all 20 slots filled already but I'd love to wear the agility/prayer cape)

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

That's what they're doing; either a right click togle option on the cape, or a free override in Solomon's.

Apparently, they're also going to fiddle with the coloring mishaps:

wN31Fa0.png

Did no one at Jagex QA actually check the colors before they released them? I mean it's the featured thing for the week. Or did it go like this:

"Uh hey the colors look a little off, should we fix that?"

"No, just hope the players won't notice and apologize if necessary later."

• Like 4

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm hoping for the SGS override instead of the straight toggle. I wouldn't even mind paying for it as long as it was an override instead of actually having to waste keepsake slots on the capes. (I have all 20 slots filled already but I'd love to wear the agility/prayer cape)

If they're putting the old models as free overrides on Solomon's, then they better have overrides of the new models for free as well.