16-Mar-2015 - Ninja Graphical Updates | Skillcapes | Pyramid Plunder

Saradomin_Mage

Ninja Graphical Updates | Skillcapes | Pyramid Plunder

The Ninjas have been sprucing up skillcapes and polishing Pyramid Plunder in today's two graphical updates.

Chameleon extract is the latest addition at Solomon's Store – a marvellous substance that lets you change your character's skin colour.

Finally, we've got some further details of the Questival - a lore-tastic fortnight of community events, starting today.

Read on for more information!

Skillcapes

Last year, a poll passed to update skillcapes, and in the follow-up poll, you opted for a full overhaul to their design.

As of today, the iconic capes have a whole new look:

Massive images

[hide]agility%20skillcape%20(t).jpgattack%20skillcape%20(t).jpgconstitution%20skillcape%20(t).jpgconstruct%20skillcape%20(t).jpgcooking%20skillcape%20(t).jpgcrafting%20skillcape%20(t).jpgdefence%20skillcape%20(t).jpgdivination%20skillcape%20(t).jpgdungeoneering%20skillcape%20(t).jpgfarming%20skillcape%20(t).jpgfiremaking%20skillcape%20(t).jpgfishing%20skillcape%20(t).jpgfletching%20skillcape%20(t).jpgherblore%20skillcape%20(t).jpghunter%20skillcape%20(t).jpgmagic%20skillcape%20(t).jpgmining%20skillcape%20(t).jpgprayer%20skillcape%20(t).jpgranging%20skillcape%20(t).jpgrunecraft%20skillcape%20(t).jpgslayer%20skillcape%20(t).jpgsmithing%20skillcape%20(t).jpgstrength%20skillcape%20(t).jpgsummoning%20skillcape%20(t).jpgthieving%20skillcape%20(t).jpgwoodcutting%20skillcape%20(t).jpg[/hide]

There's an added feature, too, as the hood traditionally bundled with the capes can be attached to the cape, so it shows hanging at the back. You can – of course – detach the hood, if you'd prefer to wear it as usual.

Pyramid Plunder

The Ninjas have also turned their attention to Pyramid Plunder, giving the minigame an updated environment, complete with moody, atmospheric lighting. A fresh embalming's done the guardian mummy the world of good, too:

pp_image_t.jpg

There's updated music from the Audio Team as well, so listen out while you're loading up on artefacts.

Solomon's Store – Chameleon Extract

Time for a bold new look? A few dabs of chameleon extract might be just the ticket – available today at Solomon's Store!

Each pot of extract gives you one skin colour change, which lasts until you visit the Makeover Mage to undo it. There are a range of hues to choose from, too – 23 in total, from striking red to subtle violet.

Questival

If you're excited about the 200th Quest, Dimension of Disaster - coming later this month - we've got just the thing for you. Two weeks of quest-related awesomeness: welcome to Questival!

There'll be exclusive competitions and prizes, events, Q&A sessions, videos, and more – kicking off with a cool new title! During the two weeks, you'll be able to pick up 'The Prepared' title if you've completed all the requirements for the 200th Quest, namely:

So – get prepared! Find a Shield of Arrav partner, if you need one. This title will only be available for the next two weeks, so hurry!

There's information on what we'll be doing coming tomorrow – there'll certainly be something for everybody.

Enjoy!

Have fun with today's visual improvements, and tell us what you think over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

[hide]gCHcx.png[/hide]

In Other News

• The Nexus prayer training activity is now available for free players.
  • Take a survey for our friends at Bangor University's School of Psychology for a chance to win a year’s membership.
Patch Notes

[hide]Graphical:

• A patron in the Player-Owned Ports bar will now hold their glass correctly.
  • The yellow icon in the "drag here" box on the Powers interface is no longer visible behind magic spells that are dragged into it.
  • An extra horizontal line on Minigames interface has been removed.
  • Some stretching on the celestial dragon's chat head has been fixed.
  • Water added to a fermenting vat now looks like water.
  • The replica kiteshield override no longer appears green in PvP areas.
  • The gorilla model will no longer deform when a player is transformed during a game of Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
  • Minor graphical issues with various dwarven models have been fixed.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
  • Players will no longer get stuck while playing an Ithell harp under certain circumstances.
  • Ithell harps now only show 20%, 50%, 80% and 100% out-of-tune messages when chat messages are filtered.
  • The robust glass machine now recognises any robust sandstone in the player's inventory.
  • The timer on the Make-X interface for cooking will now show the correct remaining time.
  • It is no longer possible to make Bones to Peaches tablets without unlocking the spell from the Mage Training Arena first.
  • A typo in a Player-Owned Ports trio cutscene.
  • A typo in the Convict's 8-lacquer voyage has been corrected.
  • Fixed an issue that displayed incorrect voyage statistics in the captain's log.
  • Fixed an error with the hint arrow displayed for God Statues pointing to the wrong location.
  • Tweaked the Big Chinchompa and Fish Flingers entries on the game clock favourites tracker to be more clear.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
  • Cutscenes from Dishonour among Thieves may now be replayed via the communication device while stood in a bank area or Zamorak's hideout.
  • The door puzzle in Dishonour among Thieves has been improved, following player feedback:
    • Zemouregal's map has been flipped, with south at the top, and the associated message tweaked.
    • The door's energy balance has been added to an overlay interface.
  • The Shadow Delver post-quest reward from Fate of the Gods can now be unlocked again.
  • An issue with the boat section of the Quiet before the Swarm quest, which prevented players from continuing the quest, has been fixed.
  • Typos for Bentnoze in the What's Mine Is Yours quest have been fixed.
  • A typo in the Shield of Arrav quest has been fixed.
  • A typo in the dialogue with Juna about Bringing Home the Bacon has been fixed.
  • A typo in the dialogue with Ali the Wise during Tale of the Muspah has been fixed.
  • A typo in the Quest Journal for Branches of Darkmeyer has been fixed.
  • Minor issues with Ozan's voice-over during the Stolen Hearts quest have been fixed.
  • Players who have claimed a Daemonheim aura are now able to equip it consistently.
Other:
  • Increased the healing value of rocktail soup to 2500 each.
  • Added an option to the interface settings menu to toggle the jingle alert for the clock activity tracker on or off.
  • It is now possible to use surge in the King Black Dragon, Corporeal Beast, dagannoth kings, Kalphite Queen, Exiled Kalphite Queen and Queen Black Dragon boss instances.
  • Ironman characters can now gather from the divine locations in the relevant Prifddinas resource dungeon.
  • Ironman characters can now spend a maximum of 70 zeal on XP or charms after completing Nomad's Requiem.
  • A typo shown when unlocking the mortar board override has been fixed.
  • Silverhawk boots, slayer masks and slayer helms are now left-click to equip.
  • Mini-moles in the Giant Mole encounter are now more aggressive.
  • Players can no longer escape Vorago's clutches during purple bomb phase to escape the bleed effect.
  • Nex will no longer target players in the bank area for a blood sacrifice.
  • There is no longer a delay after using Barge, Surge or Escape.
  • Pulverize will now apply the correct damage debuff to your target.
  • Resolved an issue in which borrowed dragon daggers would only deal one hit - rather than two - when using the Puncture special attack.
  • Entangle spells will no longer ignore stun immunity.
  • Crystal seed teleports have been brought up to speed with spell teleports.
  • Players can no longer use the Orb of Oculus while resting.
  • Opening and closing the Hop World interface no longer disables keybinds.
  • Improved the warning message for dismissing a rare pet (such as the Cresbot) so it is clearer that dismissing them sets the pet free.
  • Spam-clicking no longer causes incorrect tactics for the selected boss to appear in the Learn interface.
  • A typo in the Learn tab for Araxxi has been corrected.
  • A typo on the Interface Settings interface has been fixed.
  • The 2.5% Prayer XP increase from Harmony auras will now affect XP gains of over 700XP.
  • The Land of the Dwarves or Tale of Keldagrim music tracks will now correctly begin playing in the music player when entering Keldagrim.
  • Wards of subjugation are no longer referred as shields of subjugation in broadcasted messages.
  • The scroll bar now functions properly when looking at a playlist in the Music Player interface.
Ninja Fixes:
  • Players can now examine any stack of items on the ground to see the amount in the stack.
  • Non-Ironman players can now choose to toggle between viewing Grand Exchange prices and High Alchemy prices in the Price Checker.
  • Goldsmithing gauntlets will now provide their bonus when a stone spirit smelts a gold bar with a perfect juju mining potion active.
  • Tooltips on Player-Owned Port captain traits now give more information.
  • The red lines crossing out completed requirements in the Quest interface have been changed to white to make them easier to see.
  • The 6 hour automatic logout has been extended to a 23 hour automatic logout. A warning when the automatic logout time approaches is coming soon. Be sure to take regular breaks!
Engine:
  • DirectX mode now works correctly when using Java 1.8u40.
  • An issue causing skyboxes to not render correctly in DirectX mode has been fixed.
[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well, the skillcapes certainly look...shinier now. Were there any changes to Pyramid Plunder other than cosmetic environmental stuff?

Also, the 6 hour limit is gone (up to 23). REJOICE!

And finally, the Nexus is now a free-to-play prayer training method. Hey, it only took two years.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

On second thought it looks like boring wallpaper with an out-of-place icon on it now, especially for untrimmed. Yawn.

s4wa8pd.png

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I like the way the hood drapes over the back and the lack of shoulder pads however I find the colours/lines don't stand out well and it seems very plain.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

no more 6 hour log is good i guess. hasnt really affected me more than once or twice in the past 10 years or so though

~~~legoman187~~~

• Like 1

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

"oh, uh, by the way, don't know if this is a good time to mention this, but we decided to ruin the color balance/design of almost every single skillcape. just wanted to let you guys know after the fact instead of all of the weeks before."

capes look like some crappy lightweight silk cosplay version

8f14270694.jpg

I do like most skillcapes as they are now, however the only one that I have a problem with, is the Firemaking one. It is the only one which has its colour changed massively. Instead of the bright orange like the Firemaking Master Skillcapes (picture below, taken from the Runescape Wikia), it now got a golden-ish colour. All other skillcapes got their original colour for some bit. It would probably not a 1:1 match, but they are very close to my eyes. Totally different to what happened with the Firemaking skillcape (which you see a picture of above so you can compare).

Picture:

144px-Firemaking_master_cape_equipped.pn

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So anyone figured that Shadow Delver reward out yet? No one seems to know what it is.

It's probably their name for the permanent ring of vis effect unlock.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They have silly names for things. Like Nex's "no escape" attack being called "shadow bullet"....' among other things

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

What's with the creases on skillcapes? It makes me think of a dried riverbed or folded leather.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

What's with the creases on skillcapes? It makes me think of a dried riverbed or folded leather.

i was wondering the exact same thing. im guessing they wanted to try retexturing them as a more leathery substance because they do offer decent stats.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would say Jagex should require textures, but then I remembered their game renderer is extremely inefficient.

I mean really, RuneScape's requirements are too high for its graphical fidelity...

ozXHe7P.png

I'm probably the most anti-"living in the past, osrs4life, nosc0penostalgiagoggles" person out there, but I really loved the way the old skillcapes look. I think because at the time when they came out, I thought they looked super innovative and blew my expectations outta the water. However, knowing what I know now, Jagex probably just copied some cape design from WOW, and [bleep]ed it up midway through copying it.

Still, I'm all for going to W66 Fally, even though the problem has been recitfied with the toggle option. I've got some chants for us:

We pay we say!!

Our mouths agape at these horrid capes!!

We get all the skill, so why we gotta foot the bill?!?!

First this, what's next, no wildy? For [bleep]ing sake Jagex, you've practically killed me!!!

Jagex your constant graphical abuse, has destroyed our last place of pixellated refuge!!!@#@

I'm a maxed player, why did you not make my cape any gay-er??????

FIX CAPES OR WE DDOS ALL YOUR SERVERS <- Use this chant at your own risk.

etc.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I kind of like the new low-key nature of the skillcapes though. I've always found the old ones too ostentatious. I just wish I had waited to get 99 fm because now I want to keepsake a hooded prayer cape >.<.

Yeah I don't really like the look of the skill capes now, I mean.. I don't currently have one but seeing them around kinda demotivates me. They look horrid and under-done.

UwQmifu.png