Mud pie information! ...Are they worthless?

kwimbob

They are non-stackable, equippable weapons. They can be thrown just once and when they hit it, a pie dish. The attack options are the traditional rapid, accurate, and longrange, with the picture of the hand like when throwing darts.

From what I have discovered (with about 30 pies) all that these pies do are, if they actually hit (which they rarely do, and i was wearing black d hide) all they can do is lower the opponent's energy by 20. It never does any damage or shows a damage bubble.

It is possible to bring pies into the castlewars and duel arena and everything else. The mud pie is used when you attack target with a mud pie equipped. After your character hits the enemy with the pie, he then runs towards it to hit it (which doesn't a weapon then because the pie is gone). If you throw a pie at someone in the wilderness you do not get a skull, but you have to click away right after you throw the pie or you will get a skull when your character automatically runs up and punches that person.

You can also throw the pie at NPC enemies, but again it does no damage, and they have no energy to drain, so it does absolutely nothing.

I've seen these things selling 5k each... but I've also noticed that none of those sellers openly talk about what they do, only kind of quoting Jagex saying that they do something toward slowing down enemies. But from what I've found... they're really quite worthless because it's just energy draining that misses way too much.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Not to shabby if you were a pker chasing someone particularly sprightly. This could mean a mass reduction of running if in wildy and having them thrown at you.

So long as Pker had a lot of energy or an energy pot...you could not get away

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

If the pies were stackable then the mud pies would of been a really great accessory in the wilderness. Just think about it, you entangle or do some kind of paralyzing spell to an oppoenent. Instead of attacking them, you keep on throwing pies until they can start moving again. If they are teleblocked they will only be able to walk away from you and not be able to run. Since running is 2x faster than walking then there is a 2x chance you will kill the person and the victim would need 2x food to get away. Although a lot of people would complain about them getting owned by mud pies. Getting owned by pies is really sad when you think about it and it destroys your pride=(.

Yeah they are worthless in Castlewars, but that's because the bandages restore energy, so it's pretty pointless to use there. But as RaScape said, I think it would be a great thing to bring into the wild. If you are in a team or something one person can bring pies to drain the person's energy so they are pretty much hopeless while the rest of the team can take them down.

finalsig11dz.gif

If the pies were stackable then the mud pies would of been a really great accessory in the wilderness. Just think about it, you entangle or do some kind of paralyzing spell to an oppoenent. Instead of attacking them, you keep on throwing pies until they can start moving again. If they are teleblocked they will only be able to walk away from you and not be able to run. Since running is 2x faster than walking then there is a 2x chance you will kill the person and the victim would need 2x food to get away. Although a lot of people would complain about them getting owned by mud pies. Getting owned by pies is really sad when you think about it and it destroys your pride=(.

Yeah, these actually are just another possibility out there, you're right. You get a team, one person entangles/freezes someone, then the pieman pies that guy a ton, then he can't run. But, yeah, because of the fact that the pies aren't stackable kind of means you need like a teammate. This also just destroys the little reason you might use full torag effect :P

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

Hey, of course they're not going to be that great. You need only 29 cooking to make them.

That is true, but they're pretty annoying to make and Jagex did hype them up a bit more than just the lvl 29 energy-dropping item they are. (I was thinking they would do entangle or make the enemy walk or something like that and be higher cooking.)

Also, you know how when your chasing osmeone and they are just out of reach, and you wish you had 1 spell or a bow so you could keep them from logging, yeah, i think these might do the trick.

w4M8t.png

Would've been a decent item if it was used by means of provoking other players.

Like... when you throw it and hit them... they are instantly provoked (even if they have auto retaliate off). It would also be nice if the pies added like a three round rule like back on classic (or maybe just hold them for a certin amount of time like everyone else has been suggesting).

Would have made the item more worth while making/buying.

The reward for making the pie should be better in my opinion. Like 30%, at least. Theres pretty much no advantage to using these pies if they miss so often and only lower energy by 20%. Super Energy pots pretty much take away that advantage, I would think.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Ingredients pl00x?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just keep entangling them between attacks? :?

Kostyaf.png

Ingredients pl00x?

It's in the Jagex manual... or the pie cook book you buy for 5gp in the cooking guild.

Make a pie shell (flour+water=pastry dough, pastry dough+pie dish=pie shell). Then add compost. Then add water from a bucket of water. Then add a (dry) clay. Then cook it.

O about the skulling in wildy, i NEVER skulled after throwing like 15+ at friends in wildy, NONE of us got skulled...but we had it equpied, and would attack the target, now, if you clicked attack twice BAM skulled...

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Hey, of course they're not going to be that great. You need only 29 cooking to make them.

That is true, but they're pretty annoying to make and Jagex did hype them up a bit more than just the lvl 29 energy-dropping item they are. (I was thinking they would do entangle or make the enemy walk or something like that and be higher cooking.)

Yeah, when i read this, I thought it would put you in instant walk mode, making you click back to run, allowing the pk victim to gain distance.

Thanks for the info. Great post. Sounds like the beginning of a complete pie guide... (Where can you buy pies? How do you make the pie that increases fishing by 5?... etc)

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Yeah, these actually are just another possibility out there, you're right. You get a team, one person entangles/freezes someone, then the pieman pies that guy a ton, then he can't run. But, yeah, because of the fact that the pies aren't stackable kind of means you need like a teammate. This also just destroys the little reason you might use full torag effect :P

most people these days have super energy pots/ strange fruits which cancels pies out, also that "pieman" could be attacking them too, doing alot of damage (especially if its multi), and if its not multi then by the time u switch so the pieman can attack, the freeze/ tangle has half worn off

118+ combat

1730+ total

85 slayer

95 mage

94 range

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just keep entangling them between attacks? :?

Wouldn't it be funnier and more embarrasing to keep throwing pies and using binding spells in between attacks?