Aquarium – Player-Owned House Update

Howlin0001

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the fastest way to get golden eggs is to camp barb fishing, regardless of whether you already have the eggs. Prawn balls are so fast there, it seems to me that you'll get the eggs much faster than fishing the worse spots. (Plus I find it much more engaging than, for example, rocktail fishing where catch rates are so low.)

I know I got the majority of my eggs for my first time through there. I recommend saving up the mystery eggs until you have all three leaping fish so you don't waste them and get one of the leaping fish with a mystery egg.

Flyingjj.png

Huh.

You can get prawn balls even if you don't have a aquarium. That's weird.

Probably a good thing; that lets folks who are training fishing collect them over time, without having to revisit old spots because they didn't have an aquarium yet.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the fastest way to get golden eggs is to camp barb fishing, regardless of whether you already have the eggs. Prawn balls are so fast there, it seems to me that you'll get the eggs much faster than fishing the worse spots. (Plus I find it much more engaging than, for example, rocktail fishing where catch rates are so low.)

I know I got the majority of my eggs for my first time through there. I recommend saving up the mystery eggs until you have all three leaping fish so you don't waste them and get one of the leaping fish with a mystery egg.

I'm curious whether it's faster to just do barb fishing for all of them, or to do, say, barb fishing, monkfish, swordfish/tuna, lobsters, and salmon/trout for their eggs, and barb fish for the rest. (Might just get one of the two from the multi spots, I suppose.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

A lot of people at barb seem to be way into the prestige and they all say camp as long as possible and save mystery eggs until you have only annoying fish left.

Though you still need to prayer to Rngsus - I'm now beginning day 3 so 13th hour at barb fishing and so far I've had neither of the two eggs I'm missing for leaping thingies and only 1 gold cracker.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Update isn't bad but it really irks me that I have all these extra decorations... like what else am I going to do with them other then just dropping and see them go poof!  :unsure:

alch em for 6k ea

But ya would be nice if the aquarium furniture gave decent con xp at least to be worth using them to rebuild.

Would also like to see a use for prawn points after you've already maxed perks. Buy fish xp or something.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Why is anyone surprised by this? They have a history for terrible foresight.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think they are always blatantly lying. That Completion Cape document they created was completely honest and they had every intention of sticking to their guidelines. Right up until the point they don't.

Now this is for a variety of reasons. Sometimes they have a good core idea and they just can't flesh it properly. Or perhaps they have only enough resources to produce a small update and they pad it. Maybe they simply take the easy route.

Sadly I think far too much effort is put into giving compers something to do or finding some way of extending things for them, neither of which seem particularly successful. Completionists are so small, yet so vocal. And every update seems to hinge on something that has to do with them. Maybe that's because people on here tend to be mostly end game players?

All around its very aggravating to watch.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

whatever variety of reasons they have, it's largely unprofessional for a company this old who shouldn't be just now learning how to put wooden blocks together when they've been around this long

take some of that money they've been getting and either train to become actual game developers, or hire some, but don't spend it on wasting our time

as of now, most of their refinement has been mostly spent shaking money out of us instead of making a game while trying to spend as little effort on making the game as possible (as opposed to making MORE game with less effort), but sod that "this is a business" crap, if that's what they want, then we no longer have a game

8f14270694.jpg

whatever variety of reasons they have, it's largely unprofessional for a company this old who shouldn't be just now learning how to put wooden blocks together when they've been around this long

I wouldn't say unprofessional. It's legitimate, honest incompetence. :D

Why else would they seriously forget to add a means to check which eggs you have collected when they have seriously made this mistake one or two dozen times?

idea: use large amounts of unused poh crap we get from prawn balls towards completing a schematic for a wood, brass, and glass mechanical shark monstrosity with 30 eyes and five rows of teeth

8f14270694.jpg

well, they give us all these bonuses, but we don't know what to compare the bonuses to, and half the time we find out years later (like say, when they started showing prayer bonuses just now) that the boosts are either horribly broken and were never actually in effect, or that they're statistically insignificant

and that they're mostly there to distract us from the crazy odds that we can't determine without hours of hard research

it's basically the kind of soothing lies that lottery ads make while writing the odds on the back in really small print except that there's no law forcing jagex to print those

8f14270694.jpg

My advice to you is not worry about statistics, hours of research, and anything else overly effort intensive. Find something you like to do and play.

This game is far too dictated by compers. No one wants to have fun anymore. They want to obtain or maintain a silly little cape to lord it over the pleabians.

They want to obtain or maintain a silly little cape to lord it over the pleabians.

Lolno, I want it because it's best in slot for every conceivable situation. Max cape by comparison is total crap.

That is true, but let's be real, that isn't the primary reason. It's for the status. :)

I was under the impression that compers hated that sort of content as much as the rest of us, with the exception of maybe the exrrtreme minority that argued in favor of the CW requirement.

also is this what I sound like during comp discussions? good god why did nobody tell me I would have stopped ;-;

• Like 1

I'm sure they hate it. They still want to be above the rest of the lower classes, but they don't want to have to do crappy content to achieve this either.

And Kimberly, I think that too much attention and focus is given to a very small and overly vocal minority. They have legitimate concerns and gripes, but the issues then comes down to pedantic and trivial matters that waste everyone's time.

I don't think its fair to say that compers issues are pedantic or trivial just because they are compers or that compers all want status and to look down on others.

Sure there are compers who think they are gods and above all else, but most people I know with comp are just plain and simple players who happen, through a product of time and broad interest in engaging with all content, have come to a point where they have a comp cape.

Ultimately its just a case that in many situations compers or maxed people have a fairly unique position in regards to how well functioning or how useful content is, precisely because as a group many want to get new things done fairly quickly and therefore they highlight gripes of poor design or missing features that needlessly impede progress. Equally as a player that doesn't really have cause to do things to gain xp it is easier to objectively look at whether the xp is reasonble or dreadful and whether the content is actually offering you anything worthwhile for your time investment.

By all means compers asking for something to be quicker just because they want to be done with it exist, but many present valid critiques of the way content is functioning and how it can be improved and not just for their own benefit as half the time they will have put the work in long before any change to content could arrive.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They have a point and they have a unique perspective, but content being worked around such a small contingent of people is also an issue.

Now all that aside, this update was standard Jagex. Anybody who thought they would follow that design document was fooling themselves. Or maybe the update wasn't even thought in relation to comp capes and that gave them a nice little excuse to not have said document be followed.

In any case it seems that the only way for them to release anything good requires them to work with the community every step of the way because when left to their own devices they do not give what is wanted. The most popular things are Ninja team tweaks that should've been in the game upon release anyway.

Maybe JMods should try playing the game a little more on their own outside of work. And no, that doesn't including parading around with your fanclub on your choob, the name of which is usually that JMod's best-kept secret. Generate some med-level character for them to play at home, and maybe they'll understand a little better.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Maybe JMods should try playing the game a little more on their own outside of work. And no, that doesn't including parading around with your fanclub on your choob, the name of which is usually that JMod's best-kept secret. Generate some med-level character for them to play at home, and maybe they'll understand a little better.

Remember a while back when a Jmod randomly played Sheep Shearer on Twitch and nearly lost his mind? It was so spectacular it almost gave me a sexual thrill. They really need to play their own game more on regular accounts.

I also really wish they'd realize that being on the forefront of technology is risky and a huge resource drain and they're hardly big enough to make it work. But nitpicking...

• Like 1

But what content is ACTUALLY being worked around compers and compers alone?

Give me one example of a piece of content that is solely for compers?

I can't think of any single piece of content that has been skewed for or made specifically for compers - all I see are game updates that happen to have comp reqs attached.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Remember a while back when a Jmod randomly played Sheep Shearer on Twitch and nearly lost his mind? It was so spectacular it almost gave me a sexual thrill. They really need to play their own game more on regular accounts.

I also really wish they'd realize that being on the forefront of technology is risky and a huge resource drain and they're hardly big enough to make it work. But nitpicking...

And they still haven't fixed Sheep Herder, have they? :/

And at Sy, Livid Farm perhaps? I'm sure there's some...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.