Aquarium – Player-Owned House Update

Howlin0001

can you camp a spot for all 3 eggs needed to get the plugs or can you only get one before you have to reset it and start over.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I'm enjoying the update so far. They did tone down the RNG, its not like these are champ scroll levels of rarity, they apparently average like 3 hours per egg in a semi-afk skill. Plus, with golden crackers they gave you a way to buy your way out if you hate it so much, or work with friends to get them done sooner. Its been less than 2 days, and I have prestiged once, and have 7 eggs towards filling the tank again.

RNG is a major part of the game, they aren't going to eliminate it. But this update has relatively little considering the amount of time per egg on average and the golden crackers. Even with bad luck this update isn't going to take that long to complete.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

it's great that you compared it to the harmony moss pillars, because those are also equally as pointless

Of course everyone has different play styles, but I actually liked the moss pillars. It was an excuse to train a skill, like that old signpost system that would suggest 6 things for you to do. I always liked to dabble in a bit of everything and the pillars would give me a nudge to do so. I do think I'm in the minority here though

• Like 1
Chaoy2.png

I can't kelp

No one else noticed this?

On the subject of RNG: fly fishing/barbarian fishing have pretty much perfect catch rates, which each turn in close to 1400 fish per hour. If you're saying it's 3 hours per egg, that's like a 1/4000 chance of an egg for each fish you catch. It's a depressingly high number for something that's "toned down" on RNG. Assuming prawn pennies/pounds double the rate, it's still 1/2000. Hefty.

The golden crackers/eggs you can get from prawn balls/crackers aren't that common either, with their combined rate being 1/100. They do help out a bit, though, since if you stuck to the barbarian fishing spot, you'd easily score a prawn ball every minute with maxed prawn ball threshold perks.

The real pain comes when you've caught the fast fish, or when you've had the misfortune of catching one or two fish from a multiple fish spot. For instance, I've obtained the leaping trout and sturgeon eggs, with the leaping salmon egg missing. Barbarian fishing is going to be an exercise in agony because of all the extra chances at the egg I'm going to miss because I've already obtained 2/3 of the eggs that spot can offer, so I have to either soldier on, and catch leaping trout and sturgeon that do nothing to help me, or move on to a fishing spot that still has all its eggs open to me (incidentally, this would be the rainbow fish spot, the slowest prawn ball/hr spot. FML).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I can't kelp

No one else noticed this?

On the subject of RNG: fly fishing/barbarian fishing have pretty much perfect catch rates, which each turn in close to 1400 fish per hour. If you're saying it's 3 hours per egg, that's like a 1/4000 chance of an egg for each fish you catch. It's a depressingly high number for something that's "toned down" on RNG. Assuming prawn pennies/pounds double the rate, it's still 1/2000. Hefty.

The golden crackers/eggs you can get from prawn balls/crackers aren't that common either, with their combined rate being 1/100. They do help out a bit, though, since if you stuck to the barbarian fishing spot, you'd easily score a prawn ball every minute with maxed prawn ball threshold perks.

The real pain comes when you've caught the fast fish, or when you've had the misfortune of catching one or two fish from a multiple fish spot. For instance, I've obtained the leaping trout and sturgeon eggs, with the leaping salmon egg missing. Barbarian fishing is going to be an exercise in agony because of all the extra chances at the egg I'm going to miss because I've already obtained 2/3 of the eggs that spot can offer, so I have to either soldier on, and catch leaping trout and sturgeon that do nothing to help me, or move on to a fishing spot that still has all its eggs open to me (incidentally, this would be the rainbow fish spot, the slowest prawn ball/hr spot. FML).

With cracker/eggs being 1/100 from prawn balls, it might be better to just stay at barb fishing instead of trying for rainbow. At a prawn ball per minute, that should in general get you the egg in 2 hours instead of 3.

Yea, 1/4000 seems like a lot until you factor in how quick you're catching the fish and how its semi-afk anyway. Still better than champ scrolls.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Is that how you wrapped up your missing eggs? Right now the only pure spot for me is rainbow and the rest are split (tuna/swordfish, trout/salmon, leaping salmon/junk).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is that how you wrapped up your missing eggs? Right now the only pure spot for me is rainbow and the rest are split (tuna/swordfish, trout/salmon, leaping salmon/junk).

Yea, I got lazy and just hung out at barb for the last of mine. Traded golden crackers with clanmates of mine too which helped. Barb fishing is good exp, and good prawn balls so seemed the best plan for me.

The comp req being slapped on is just a very obvious way to force people to 'play the content' who otherwise would have no reason to do so since it doesn't offer anything of any real use.

God forbid a cape representing game completion has requirements for completing every aspect of the game.

I completely agree that the balance of RNG elements versus reliable game content is the ugly and archaic problem of MMOs in a modern gaming landscape. Jagex does need to address how they balance this, and Runescape's direction as a whole, in order to ensure Runescape's profitable existence down the road.

...But it makes very little sense to complain about completionist requirements being in every aspect of new content (AKA NEW THINGS TO COMPLETE HERP) given the nature of the achievement.

And yes it is mostly just cosmetic. You unlock a few perks like baitless fishing along the way but it may not be worth all the effort unless you're planning to do a substantial amount of fishing.

Well, in that case I should have stuck to my original decision on not reading the first post.

If you're not even going to bother reading the thread then feel free to extend that attitude to not posting as well because you're not contributing anything meaningful to the discussion.

• Like 6

hzvjpwS.gif

A neat update, though it could in my opinion have been a bit more fleshed out. I would love to have seen some more varied ways to get the different items, as in maybe as a reward from Fish Flingers, perhaps? Now you just have to grind fishing.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

A neat update, though it could in my opinion have been a bit more fleshed out. I would love to have seen some more varied ways to get the different items, as in maybe as a reward from Fish Flingers, perhaps? Now you just have to grind fishing.

I would've loved to see Flingers included in this update somehow; it's one of my favorite minigames to play, but I feel it has slightly lackluster rewards. A decent chance at golden eggs or prawn balls would've pushed it over the line into "excellent rewards" territory for me.

And yes it is mostly just cosmetic. You unlock a few perks like baitless fishing along the way but it may not be worth all the effort unless you're planning to do a substantial amount of fishing.

Well, in that case I should have stuck to my original decision on not reading the first post.

If you're not even going to bother reading the thread then feel free to extend that attitude to not posting as well because you're not contributing anything meaningful to the discussion.

I'll second that.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

one thing surprised with this update is I haven't yet been scammed and I haven't seen anybody get scammed, almost gives you faith in the current players . . . though I guess it only takes one bad egg to ruin that

There are plenty of scammers going around, especially W2 GE.

L

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

one thing surprised with this update is I haven't yet been scammed and I haven't seen anybody get scammed, almost gives you faith in the current players . . . though I guess it only takes one bad egg to ruin that

There are plenty of scammers going around, especially W2 GE.

L

sod going there, at the fishing spots it's all been legit that i've seen

baileydafrog.png

CDNYkm7UUAATw-p.png

Mod Doctor

‏@JagexDoctor

So... a tracker for fish eh? How does this grab you?

https://twitter.com/JagexDoctor/status/590913366241214465

It grabs me as basic shit that should've been in the main release.

Seriously how badly did the development for this content go that they had to cut this feature to meet the release schedule deadline? I refuse to believe that it never occured to them to include it in the beginning. They're overworked for their budgeted hours, not moronic. And I do recognize the difference.

C'monnnnn.

One or two show up at a time at fishing spots, but there are so many 'legit' offers that they're pushed out pretty quickly.

hzvjpwS.gif

It grabs me as basic shit that should've been in the main release.

Seriously how badly did the development for this content go that they had to cut this feature to meet the release schedule deadline? I refuse to believe that it never occured to them to include it in the beginning. They're overworked for their budgeted hours, not moronic. And I do recognize the difference.

C'monnnnn.

Players have 99 Memory after doing Divination -> They wont need it 

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Agreed , it's a classic case of forgetting something rediculously obvious, then treating the fix as if it's a great update to it and that they're listening to the players. It clearly should have been there all along. Did they learn nothing from the "kill 1000 elves " debacle.

Update isn't bad but it really irks me that I have all these extra decorations... like what else am I going to do with them other then just dropping and see them go poof!  :unsure:

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.