Abby Whip becoming the new Full Rune?

Iantiger

Long long ago, in a game far far away... well actually I'm referring to the days of RS Classic - especially in the early stages - it was very exceptional to see people walking around in full rune. Then, as the game progressed, it became more accessible/available/affordable to the lower levels, and lower levels... and yet lower levels... and so on, until the current stage we have been at for a few years, where every newbie and his dog is wearing full rune.

Now perhaps I'm just getting paranoid in my old age, but I am convinced the same is starting to happen with whips. They are NOT cheap items, no matter what some of you millionaires may claim. 2.5 million or whatever the current going price for them is, is hard earned money, yet I'm now seeing the majority of level 70+ players running around the world with whips in hand.

What do you think? Is the community becoming more efficent at making money in general, and thus the average Joe has no trouble affording such an item? Are too many whips being introduced the game at once? Am I getting paranoid in my old age? Or is this just another extremely pointless thread with no discussion potential?

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like someone said before abby demons are the new rune rocks, so whips will turn into the new rune set it keeps dropping in price for about 100K a week and no clue when it will stop dropping.

Same as rune ? Nah

F2p can mine, you can have auto miners on any noob account to be able to mine rune....

Slayer on the other hand takes a lot longer to lvl. You can not auto and whip drop rate is going down.

Price going down? Of coarse... more people getting 85 slayer each day.. Also money making now days is much easier... People are payin insane amounts to fletchers for bows to get mage up. People paying 150-170 for bowstring.. 100-120 for flax. List goes on and on...

RS2 inflation

The thing with whips, is that they are useless unless you have some good combat stats, so us higher levels need not worry :D

But i remember back when i was level 70, the most i had was rune (t), And could never aford a whip.

I've met 5 people that say they've gotten whips from real life friends :?

And i don't know if its just me, but i think autoers have becone common place in areas like magic trees. :evil:

but it is ture of all non-dispsable items.

anything that gets used up will go up in price

stuff that dosn't falls in price as it dosn't dissaper

it happens in life cars go down in price when new ones are reasled whereas petrol prices are on the rise.

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows

Everyone has the right to a whip...

I guess the more 70 attacks coming in, the more people buying whips... soon I think people will ignore some of the dragon weapons completely... Dragon Longsword is already rarely used... I see far more whips than Dragon Longswords.

sig5235ro7.jpg

i am lvl 78

look up vill_ranger0 i am about to get 70 attack this slayer task and of course i will buy a whip, why shouldnt I. They are easily affordable. They are the best weapon in the game so naturally everyone would want one. Eventually there will be a new weapon with 80 attack, the abbysal 2h, whatever, and i will work hard to get it. It's the cycle of the game and its how it works. You are right.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

pures as in...not pures :lol:

dont need to be pure to have money, or 70 attack :lol:

CANE

Just to be different.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

2.6M is still a great amount of money, only people that buy that at lvl 70 or just over are pures, so they are lucky really to get one.
2.6M! Damn it! Another mill gone with supply & demand!
sig5235ro7.jpg

Abyssal Whips will never be like full rune, though they will be quite common. More poeple with 85 slayer and easier ways to make money are the reason for it. I remember how hard I worked crafting 20k natures to be able to get one at 83 combat. Now I see 70-80s walking around with them where ever I go.

single_skill1165709744.png

rather than make another topic, how low do you think the cost of the whip will go.

CANE

Just to be different.

Now I don't keep a lot of money around, but I have some nice stuff - whip, barrows armours, crystal , dragon and obby included - I only keep enough money arround - 2 to 3 mill - to pay the expenses and should I need a high ticket item, then I work a bit for it.

Used to be back on f2p I thought a mill as being a lot of money... over there I mined coal and sold bars for most my cash. - that takes a lot of time.

In p2p a mill is not a lot of money in terms of time. It's easy to make 250k or possibly more in an hour or so - making a mill in a day is not really difficult if you do some preparation first. Two and a half days worth of work is pretty cheap for a whip.

The new full rune? You only need a 40 def for full rune while you need a 70 stat to use a whip - mid level people - the more people with that the more people will be wielding it's plain and simple it's the weapon of choice and for good reason.

Compared to any other weapon it has them beat for most tasks. Thus demand is high - always has been. Well as more people hit 85 slayer the more whips come into supply from the drops. Everything comes down in price due to a rise in supply.

You know... 2.6mil isn't that hard to get... Just merchant runes...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

jeez, in the week or so ive been off the game, the whip's gone down almost a whole mil? wow

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Only problem is that whips are the best weapon in the game...personally I hope the 100th quest has some awesome (whip speed) weapon thats untradable, takes 80 atk, str, and def to use, and you can buy it from some new store for 5m cash (also it would protect over everything else)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

my guess is that the loswest whips will go is 1.2 perhaps even a mill

which, on the whole saddens me, i bought my first one for 9.8 mill and now i could almost get 4 for that price. I remember when i went to castlewars along time ago and there was only one person in the entire game with a whip and it had cost him over 20 mill.

I dont care that the whip is much more affordable. It only bothers me that a whip is no longer anything like a status symbol, much like the dragon chain (which admittedly is still very expensive i know) however the chain alone used to cost more than the whole set does now. The same is true of all the dragon armours.

Yet...such is the nature of the rs economy..supply outweighs demand.

yea, now every1 over lvl 90 has 1!!!! But you cant train str with it..... :(
technically not true, as the whip has a controlled style, training str at a less-than-desirable rate :P

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

like someone said before abby demons are the new rune rocks, so whips will turn into the new rune set it keeps dropping in price for about 100K a week and no clue when it will stop dropping.

Same as rune ? Nah

F2p can mine, you can have auto miners on any noob account to be able to mine rune....

Slayer on the other hand takes a lot longer to lvl. You can not auto and whip drop rate is going down.

Price going down? Of coarse... more people getting 85 slayer each day.. Also money making now days is much easier... People are payin insane amounts to fletchers for bows to get mage up. People paying 150-170 for bowstring.. 100-120 for flax. List goes on and on...

RS2 inflation

It's not so surprising to see the cost of flax and strings to go up... Nats used to be 350-400 each before nat rcing became the latest thing...

With nats and laws dropping in price, you see the other products rising to cover the difference. Flax pickers may be low level, but they aren't stupid. :)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?