R.I.P.

Jaguar_Kings

i heard it yesterday on the radio and today I saw in the newspaper that he lived in my village: Bunnik, so I asked friends and relatives and I know almost for sure that he was at the same school as me but then 1 grade lower. And i'm shocked that this can happen,(whole Bunnik and the rest of Holland is shocked, because it's a thing of wich Dutch people think it can only happen in the USA or something.

good luck to the family members of maarten and goodbye...

alwin_loser.png

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard it yesterday on the radio and today I saw in the newspaper that he lived in my village: Bunnik, so I asked friends and relatives and I know almost for sure that he was at the same school as me but then 1 grade lower. And i'm shocked that this can happen,(whole Bunnik and the rest of Holland is shocked, because it's a thing of wich Dutch people think it can only happen in the USA or something.

good luck to the family members of maarten and goodbye...

not even at USA...

but how they sad it on TV it was like: he killed his self just about the computer game... and i hate when they make it un-real...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

yup, that really sux, if they say this kind of things they better do it this way : It is All JAGEX fault, but no they dont have the balls for that.

I hope JAGEX will understand this is not thier fault.

Crashing and looting your wars, since 02'

What they need to do is limit people playing time. If certain people play for too long they become obsessed (sp?) with the game and over react to small things such as a betrayal by a friend. I know of a game that does this (not sure how recently it was implemented) and Ive never heard of someone killing themself because of something that happened in that game. Its really sad when people kill themselves over their friend "betraying" them. If really thinks about thinks about it thats not the real reason he killed himself since people betraying each other happens all the time.

Now some smart*ss go ahead and quote and me try to make me feel stupid.

yup, that really sux, if they say this kind of things they better do it this way : It is All JAGEX fault, but no they dont have the balls for that.

I hope JAGEX will understand this is not thier fault.

faulth of the "friend" (hacker)

runeminermb1.gif

i have something to say to everyone defending him. seriously, if someone actually commits suicide, they're just really weak-minded cowards. especially if its over a game..

people that suicide are morons, just like people that cut themselves..

grow up and get a life.

"oh people were cruel to him!" grow up. the world is a cold place. nobodys going to pamper you every day. it's your job to do whatever you have to do, nobody gives a damn about your bad day.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't you happy?

What they need to do is limit people playing time. If certain people play for too long they become obsessed (sp?) with the game and over react to small things such as a betrayal by a friend. I know of a game that does this (not sure how recently it was implemented) and Ive never heard of someone killing themself because of something that happened in that game. Its really sad when people kill themselves over their friend "betraying" them. If really thinks about thinks about it thats not the real reason he killed himself since people betraying each other happens all the time.

for the final time, he didn't kill him self because he lost something in a game. He couldn't get a half damn about what it was, the fact was is a friend betrayed him. It wouldn't even matter if he didn't play the game or not, he got betrayed and went over the edge.

As far as limiting time, i'm not even going to go into how stupid of an idea that is. I'm sorry, but it's not the goverments place to tell you how long to play a game for, or do this and that for. If he "was" playing too long, it is the parrents job to watch his time.

for the final time, he didn't kill him self because he lost something in a game. He couldn't get a half damn about what it was, the fact was is a friend betrayed him. It wouldn't even matter if he didn't play the game or not, he got betrayed and went over the edge.

As far as limiting time, i'm not even going to go into how stupid of an idea that is. I'm sorry, but it's not the goverments place to tell you how long to play a game for, or do this and that for. If he "was" playing too long, it is the parrents job to watch his time.

99% of all ppl seing it on tv and reading it in the newspapers are thinking it was just about runescape... now they think runescape was it...

im not realy care about what ppl think about runescape, but they arn't even understanding whats it all about... 3 out of 4 newspapers sad: selfkill after computer game, or something like that...

runeminermb1.gif

99% of all ppl seing it on tv and reading it in the newspapers are thinking it was just about runescape... now they think runescape was it...

im not realy care about what ppl think about runescape, but they arn't even understanding whats it all about... 3 out of 4 newspapers sad: selfkill after computer game, or something like that...

Yeah, of course, they think it's a "better" story than what it realy is.. :? .

Wow , sad sad things happen and as in Sad i mean.. stupid.

Wow , I got bullies in real life also

My dad is a dumb [wagon] that does drugs and dosen't dare to care about me?

This is jusst like the movies saw and saw2 to bad he didn't live or jig saw would get him.

Nah , but really I kinda feel sorry for him but no grief from me , RIP.

In my opinion, good ridance. Thats right I said it, suicide is idiotic for almost any reason except (for instance) your in a war and all you have left is a grenade and theres a group of baddys near by...

It's survival of the fittest, the weak die and the strong prosper, more oxygen, space, and potential for the rest of us. Flame me, insult me or whatever.

it's not the goverments place to tell you how long to play a game for

No its not. Its the companys place to protect the people it serves. If you owned a restraunt you wouldnt allow spoiled food to be served. Youd lose customers. If you let people play for endless hours and they end up commiting suicide because because their friend betrayed them then you should consider limiting playing time so that people dont get huge sums of money and give others a reason to betray each other. One server on Lineage 2 only allows people to play for 30 hours a week. I think thats great because its harder to get amazing items that people will scam you for.

Btw... before i quit RS I used to think you were pretty cool... but for some reason I think youre a total b*tch now...

Now go ahead and try and make me feel stupid again... I love it when people get p*ssed off :wink:

I am shocked and extremely saddened by this. I heard Maartens death on the news when I was cleaning in the laboratory I work at, so I couldnt check to see if he could have been a runescape player.. So I just hoped he wasn't.. Last night my worst nightmare was confirmed though..

His poor family.. My heart breaks by the thought of them.

Also the horrible way you speak about him hurts me personally. In my childhood I was suicidal.. and I had many, many reasons for it. Lets just say that I didn't get to devote my life to stopping abuse for nothing. People who get to suicide have lost their grip on reality. They're not hopeless and desperate for nothing you know.. So don't diss someone when you really don't know what you're talking about! And don't hack!

We shouldnt be discussing what we think of suicide at all anyway, since we will never overcome the differences in our opinions. What we should be thinking about is this.. ALTHOUGH RS IS ONLY A GAME, ITS A PLACE WE SPEND A LOT OF TIME AT AND GET TO KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE.. SO REMEMBER THAT WHATEVER YOU DO TO SOMEONE ON RS DOES AFFECT THEIR PERSONAL LIVES!!! So act by that..

Respect & love, Cooky

it's not the goverments place to tell you how long to play a game for

No its not. Its the companys place to protect the people it serves. If you owned a restraunt you wouldnt allow spoiled food to be served. Youd lose customers. If you let people play for endless hours and they end up commiting suicide because because their friend betrayed them then you should consider limiting playing time so that people dont get huge sums of money and give others a reason to betray each other. One server on Lineage 2 only allows people to play for 30 hours a week. I think thats great because its harder to get amazing items that people will scam you for.

Btw... before i quit RS I used to think you were pretty cool... but for some reason I think youre a total b*tch now...

Now go ahead and try and make me feel stupid again... I love it when people get p*ssed off :wink:

thats cool :).

Anyways, the best a company should do is give a warning message. In lineage II the game will give you a warning every hour or so to "take a break". It's just a small message that pop's up to remove them from any sort of legal charges.

Here's the thing though, and why these "time limits" are a void idea. Have you seen where the majority of suicides related to "video games" are? Yeah, in children. I know, for one, I don't see a bunch of 30 year old men commiting suicide because of a video game. Because such a majority of the problems are in little children, it becomes the responsibility of the parrent to watch their time, not the game company or anyone else.

As far as "it's harder to get amazing items that people can scam you for", well i'll tell you for one, in lineage II it's tough enough to get stuff :). Plus, don't fall for scams. ;o.

Anyways, Sorry 'ye feel that way about me, but I'd rather speak my mind.

If this is not fake, that's the third person that I've seen posts on about dieing in the last month. Some people said that this was selfish, which in a sense is. But, sometimes lives are messed up by others, yourself, drugs, or something else. And when this happens, its horribly sad to see.

RIP

lmao, one more idiot gone from the world thank god. We don't need people who decide to kill themselves because they have issues and a game tips them over the edge. It's in cases like these I wishI had a religion, so he could go to hell or something to teach fools that suicide is a selfish thing to do. :D

lmao, one more idiot gone from the world thank god. We don't need people who decide to kill themselves because they have issues and a game tips them over the edge. It's in cases like these I wishI had a religion, so he could go to hell or something to teach fools that suicide is a selfish thing to do. :D
omfg he was upset because one of people he trusted and cared about betrayed him! i'd be upset too if my best friend betrayed me in any way yur such a heartless b*tch u should go to hell :evil: