Sad to see the death of this community

Militaris

• 1 month later...

When the website was down the last few weeks with the “We’re currently experiencing an issue” message, I was afraid that it was going down for good. Glad to see it back up and running. 

Its bizarre that this is my first post for 5/6 years and yet I’m still one of the top posters. A lot of fond memories of this place, but I think the era of forums like tipit has now long passed. 

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

On 3/3/2021 at 12:56 AM, Mercifull said:

Its bizarre that this is my first post for 5/6 years and yet I’m still one of the top posters. A lot of fond memories of this place, but I think the era of forums like tipit has now long passed. 

I think the forum might be the only thing on tip.it with any redeeming value. The information on the website and all the tools have been surpassed or integrated in rs clients. The community still needs a place to find each other, though, and it's not like rs forums are such a great place 😅 I also miss the tip.it times, some original content to read about your game.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:57 PM, Xuhe said:

When the website was down the last few weeks with the “We’re currently experiencing an issue” message, I was afraid that it was going down for good. Glad to see it back up and running. 

Haha, not that it's used, but it shouldn't down. Agree!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Reddit absolutely replaced traditional forums, but not only for RS, but other games I followed. It is just how things go. I just hope that tipit stays up for years to come.. Even if it is a ghost town

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Wasnt a massive user of these forums as a forum but more like as a site for help  - its sad. 

Runescapecommunity also died off pretty much. They made a new forum that no 1 really uses anymore. Reddit changed everything. 

The hole world changed as a hole. I just played Runescape again for 2 weeks after a 7 year break, players are very anti social and the gameplay pretty much reminds me of playing mobile games, everyone is always in a hurry and nobody stops to talk or chat. 

Things change i hope you all are doing well! 

• 2 weeks later...

I made a tip.it account all the way back in 2006, and ironically this is my first post, so many years later.

I remember logging into tip.it to read skilling and quest guides, and looking at achievement threads that folks posted. The forum, like the official RuneScape forum, might be "dying," but there are plenty of us who have fond memories of this place.

On 3/24/2021 at 3:37 PM, hellboysjd2 said:

Wasnt a massive user of these forums as a forum but more like as a site for help  - its sad. 

Runescapecommunity also died off pretty much. They made a new forum that no 1 really uses anymore. Reddit changed everything. 

The hole world changed as a hole. I just played Runescape again for 2 weeks after a 7 year break, players are very anti social and the gameplay pretty much reminds me of playing mobile games, everyone is always in a hurry and nobody stops to talk or chat. 

Things change i hope you all are doing well! 

I've started posting a bit recently on Runescape Community forums. Hopefully a few people might see me being active and start posting themselves. The forums do have high guest counts but how many of them are bots I don't know.

I've been searching for the most active RuneScape forums and I decided to end up posting there instead.

I will be sure to stick around here and have a look around. I remember using tipit in my younger days. It may have even been the first help website suggested to me in school. Although I never knew about the forums for some reason, which is a shame.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, Wouter828 said:

Agreed! Everytime I return to RS I sneek a peek at the forums but alas, almost no activity. 

Anyone else wonder who pays the bills to keep this place up and running? 😛

Same, I log in here once a while, but not much talking is going on, mostly bots. I think they could have slowed the death of the forum by condensing the forum, but in the end it would have turned out the same as now I guess... I have been on the website crew for some time here, lots of good memories.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I was a member of another forum, unrelated to RS, which tried to consolidate into just 2 or 3 main discussion forms. I guess it kind of helped, but it still is on its way out

• 1 month later...

I'm super old school, probably log onto RS only a few times a year. Tip.it was always my preferred resource for information back in the day and the forum was home. I think all my historic posts have been wiped due to inactivity though. 

123exportnw8.jpg

[123 cb]________[1733 total]_______[85m exp]

• 5 months later...

I highly doubt it. Not only this forum, but almost every other forum I had been a member of a decade ago is on death's door, with the exception of a few very niche and specific ones which don't have any social media presence otherwise

times are a-changin

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, Militaris said:

I suspect reddit has in part replaced the forum, but reddit does not offer the same sense of community and I feel it is more focus towards current topics and no topics last more than a few days. 

I agree. Reddit can be toxic sometimes.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Kamrin said:

I just joined, looking for help aswell not sure if it is active place.    Know any other places to get help? 

Reddit and Discord are the most active places.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!