discussion regarding jagex's latest poll

SenorTamale

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

198... finally defeated Devious minds.... the only quest to do left.... Tztok jad... your mine.

when 100th quest is out... i wont be able to do it since im not member anymore

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I bet they could look it up if they want, they're just getting a broad idea and showing other ppl. I have all though.

Maybe it's also to check how many qp's they should ask for for the new 100th quest's requirements! :D

they said on the new update that the new quest will be open to nearlyallmembers to begin with, so it's unlikely that there will be a qp requirement

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

198qp

Oh and they can look up your qp, items, everything - your account is stored on the servers afterall. How do you think it's displayed back to you on the frontend interface in the first place? If you can see it they can see it - it's that simple. They wrote the front end for Pete sake :wink:

PS: sorry for the double post... must have bumped the submit while still typing?

187 8)

Sir Krohan- 138 - 2696 (2886)

Goals

Attack 112/120 || Strength 112/120 || Defence 112/120 || HP 114/120
Ranged 110/120 || Magic 104/120 || Prayer 103/120 || Slayer 114/120

All Skills 10127/27 || All Skills 102+ 25/27 || All skills 103+ 24/27
All Skills 10420/27 || All Skills 10513/27 || All skills 10611/27

288th to reach 85 Slayer & 144th to reach 90 Slayer

198...wasnt there just one of these last week?

yes, i vaguely remember a post like that, but that wasn't the point of this post. but i guess everyone can't resist posting useless spam if the opportunity presents itself. the point was to discuss the points i made in the initial post. oh well, heh. if anyone else feels like making a meaningful post, go ahead.

ubersig2se0.jpg

no, the topic isn't going to be as pointless as you may think. i'm talking about jagex's latest poll. it's a bit interesting i think, for two reasons:

1) contrary to what (i think) most of us assumed, jagex can't look up lists of things like quest points. i thought that'd be something they would've added with rs2, but i guess not

2) the distribution of votes; it's curious how well it matches a normal distribution (bell) curve.

discuss.

@1: I do think jagex is able to look up your qp because all your accounts data is after all stored on their servers. I just wish they would add it to the highscores one day...

@2: On first glance I also though it was weird that it looked like a normal distribution, but when you think about it it's actually quite logical. There are a lot of different types of players out there. There's people that want to do all the quests, but not all of them have 198 qp because there are lvl requirements. This in itself would give a normal distribution.

Then there's the people that do not like quests but again not all of them will have 0 qp. Most of them do the quests with usefull rewards (ectovial, d long, etc) and some of them might even get to 170+ qp. So this will again get you a normal distribution.

Adding both up still gets you a normal distribution, probably with a little lean towards the high end since you could do all members quests including requirements in 3 months. And since only members can vote in the polls (long live democracy :lol: ) there is no peak at 32 qp.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

looking from a coders point of view i would say thats it's highly unlikely that they can't look this up them selves - They have the information added to the databases, so they must be able to do it somehow, it's just a matter of coding the interface for it, which they might not have done yet, seeing that there's no real point for it...