Barrows For Lower Levels - ed 25 Oct 2006 (AOW discussion)

Satenza

Nice guide I am a big chicken and have never tried the barrows. Might just have to give it a try. I am big chicken because I haven't died since the first day of playing.

Of course I still have all of the harder quests to do also. (185qp)

Sound the Monty Python battle cry "Run away!!"

craigevil.png

Proud member of Affliction

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nee nee.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

unholy_book.pngbroodoo_shield_10_green.png

if you havent done the horror from the deep quest, the next best thing for both defense and prayer bonus is a broodoo shield. same prayer bonus as the god books, with more melee defence than any of the books, plus a +3 magic att bonus

excellent guide, by the way

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Thomas, this guide will work better for you. Probably you will find you use one less prayer potion. You can use it at a starter guide, and if you find you don't have to pray on say ahrim. Then go for it.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Thanks for this guide, even tho im lvl 91, I use this because Im cheap when it comes to losing stuff, I died once losing 60k+ in stuff, then my next trip i got an Ahrim's Top!! :D

1600+ Total.

18.3m/25m - DFS (or maybe a BGS)

Never used because i don't have the slayer level to use.

Reasons to use is that its very effective. Say if you have 70 mage you can hit 17's, and with 90 mage you can hit 19's. Also you can cast this in melee armour, as it doesnt go off mage stats. So you can fight torag, guthan without prayer and with a good melee defense while attacking quite high with slayer dart.

Signature3.gif

never thought of the broodoo shield... that's just crazy enuff to work!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Never used because i don't have the slayer level to use.

Reasons to useis that its very effective. Say if you have 70 mage you can hit 17's, and with 90 mage you can hit 19's. Also you can cast this in melee armour, as it doesnt go off mage stats. So you can fight torag, guthan without prayer and with a good melee defense while attacked quite high with slayer dart.

Also, (if you get 20 kc,) you will 95% of the time get all the runes required for slayer dart back from the chest.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Yeah i forgot to mention the chest provides most of the runes you use, and then some. So it can cover expenses, but not always.

Signature3.gif

:D

If only i could get such luck :P

Signature3.gif

i do barrows alot also and i have found 1 way to reuse your chaos is to use crumble undead, when in the tunnels. When a skeleton attacks you cast this on them. It is aa option and more mage exp. :D

Getting another sig

[removed]

Woot, this got bumped.

You need 60 mage, and to defeat like 4 incredibly easy monsters. Theres a guide on the 'Mini-Games' section of this site about it.

Signature3.gif

Just thought you might wanna know that :

Most of the prayer drained at barrows is at a fixed rate(around 10 points)every time a brothers face appears onscreen(only in high detail) so prayer boosts are pretty much useless,I would reccomend mystic or zammy robes,and at least some form of armour for tunnels(rune or hide)

rssig4copy.gif

In between those points prayer drains at a normal rate.

Signature3.gif

Just thought you might wanna know that :

Most of the prayer drained at barrows is at a fixed rate(around 10 points)every time a brothers face appears onscreen(only in high detail) so prayer boosts are pretty much useless,I would reccomend mystic or zammy robes,and at least some form of armour for tunnels(rune or hide)

Prayer drain= 8 + n, where x= the number of Barrows Brother killed. So yes, prayer boosts when this happens are useless. But when you drink a Prayer pot its always nice to have a little extra boost, because with a bigger Prayer bonus you gain more Prayer points back. (so Verac is good)

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Here another hint to help your prayer go farther...

Excuse my Satenza if I post something in your thread , at least a bump :wink:

If you are at 0 Prayer points. Don't drink PPot before you go in tomb. Go in first, wait till you see face of one of the brothers (this is what drains your prayer) then drink PPot Turn on protection needed and search tomb.

This will give you the most bang for your buck on ppots.

• 2 weeks later...
Here another hint to help your prayer go farther...

Excuse my Satenza if I post something in your thread , at least a bump :wink:

If you are at 0 Prayer points. Don't drink PPot before you go in tomb. Go in first, wait till you see face of one of the brothers (this is what drains your prayer) then drink PPot Turn on protection needed and search tomb.

This will give you the most bang for your buck on ppots.

Eek, sorry i didn't respond sooner.

I already said that you shouldn,t pot up before you go into the tomb, because its a waste of prayer and pots ect. Or at least i think I did, i'll have a read through.

And Xengar, flames of zammy = waste of runes and bloods. Bloods are a huge source of income from barrowing and not getting these makes it even more inefficiant :!: However i hear claws of guthix is good to use but have never tried because im scared of the mage arena.

Signature3.gif